Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer Chapter 36-40

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriouX View Post
    finally YLS got what she deserved
    Wow...that's a little harsh! I don't much like YLS and found her quite annoying in the beginning but I've come to pity her. It's unfortunate that she has a cruel father and husband but I don't think she deserves this kind of fate. I actually felt very sad for her. At least now she doesn't have to witness the battle btwn her father & husband!

eliza bennet - now that YLS dies, RYY will replace her position in LHC's heart. She doesn't have to worry about LHC thinking about his lil martial sister anymore...his heart will fully belong to her.

Thanks pokit and hhuang! Yay, I was right--ZLC *is* still important!

finally YLS got what she deserved
    XD lol that's what I thought too... j/k. But maybe this all makes some sort of karmic sense (the way that everything in DGSD makes karmic sense)... haven't worked it out yet though.

And about LHC loving YLS--I don't think that Yingying is second in his heart, nor is she going to supplant YLS. I think they both occupy different places in his heart. I think his love for YLS is based on a love of his lost innocence, which he lost when he discovers the evil and hypocrisy in wulin. So for him, YLS = ties to his innocence, and her death = death of his innocence. Yingying, meanwhile, is the love he finds while encountering evil and hypocrisy--she helps him weather those crises and keeps his faith in humanity. To some extent she renews him and gives him hope in his darkest hours. Maybe YLS is his "summer love" while Yingying is his "autumn love"... maybe...

Hope that made some semblance of sense...

yup it's a harsh world, and if you're not strong enough to survive, then you're just food for those who ARE strong. If you're weak, just die and get it over with the world doesn't need weak people, if you're strong, then act strong.

Re: Mysterious X

She deserved to be murdered by her psychotic husband? right...how does that work. I agree that she was a total biyatch for a few chapters, but she did not deserve to be murdered.

Your quote about the "a harsh world' and "food for the strong" seems to be implying that LPZ is "strong"...which i totally disagree with. The guy is a two faced coward, please explain to me how stabbing your wife(who is unsuspecting of an attack and underly devoted to him) in the chest as a sign of loyalty to another known scum bag just to save your own sorry a$$ shows how strong you are?
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

if she was foolish enough to let her guard down just because he was her husband, then she more than enough deserved to die

Good stories are meant to be somewhat realistic.

Would you distrust your own wife/husband? Would you suspect that he/she would try to kill you?

I trust fast poison,
    the stars to wink out,
    nothing more than that.

dude...that's her husband...its like calling HR weak because out of no where GJ XL18Z the back of her head. Pretty much EVERY JY protagonist has let their guard down at some point, and suffered as a result. You can start with GJ,YG,LHC ect and just move down the list. Even a guy like RWX who is cunning and ruthless as heck was duped by DFBB. If anything she should be less suspecting because LPZ is her husband. Using your logic, if i go shoot an unsuspecting Mirko Crocop in the back of the head, I would be considered strong and he would be considered weak because he had his guard down? IMO, that's some seriously warped logic...anyways you didnt explain how LPZ is strong because he made "food"(in your words) out of his wife...

I trust fast poison,
    the stars to wink out,
    nothing more than that.
    ....right..............................you must not have many friends........

...let me guess.. your next post will be something along the lines of "friends are for the weak".

Poor girl, how tragic.

yup it's a harsh world, and if you're not strong enough to survive, then you're just food for those who ARE strong. If you're weak, just die and get it over with the world doesn't need weak people, if you're strong, then act strong.
    So Yue Lingshan's devotion to her husband made her a weakling? Is that it? Whatever dude, that's just obnoxious.

I *almost* followed Godwin's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_Law) Instead, I'll just say "ditto."

if she was foolish enough to let her guard down just because he was her husband, then she more than enough deserved to die
    put it in reality, MysteriousX, if you do not let your guard down even when you are with your spouse means you trust absolutely no one. that itself is a very sorry state, and shows that deep down you are very insecure and weak. seems contradictory with your "strong" and "trust no one".

hahaha nice...godwins law is funny. thanks for sharing

It is best for her that she died otherwise her conflicting emotions towards her father and her husband would have made her life miserable. Even though if she had become a nun but the pain of being betrayed by your two most loved one's (her father and her husband) would have tormented her throughout her life. Seeing ur most loved ones fighting with each other till death and not being able to help either of them is worse than dying a hundred thousand times.

She somewhat made her past mistakes fade (only a little bit) by deciding to become a nun and not help either of them (father and husband). But i don't think she had the resolve to do what she said.

I really do not like her one bit coz even on her death bed she diid not apologize to LHC for all that she had wronged her in the past and instead hurdled him with a request that would eventually lead to his downfall. She not even said a single word of appreciation to him and blahed abt the wife killing eununch. Even when was dieing she had to sing that song to make what was left of LHC's heart to shatter into pieces.

I really hope that LHC does'nt get blamed of YLS's death.

It was a tragic lost even if she wasn't the most popular girl in the story, well there goes another character in the story, but it was still annoying how she insisted LHC to depend LPZ from others when in fact LHC was so eager to get his hand on LPZ what a tragedy it is....

Well thanks again pokit and HH... U'r the best

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey View Post

I really hope that LHC does'nt get blamed of YLS's death.
    Since when LHC did not get blamed by YBQ for anything bad happens? YBQ will be quick to create what ever excuse to put the blame on LHC's shoulders.

a person who trusts someone always has to keep worrying whether he or she has done something to break that someone's trust or fear being betrayed,

a person who trusts no one has no worries and is carefree and leaves no opening for an attack from anyone.

especially seeing how LPZ's personality was changing, YLS should've been on her guard, even more so with LDN around, but being spoiled rotten, she acted like a foolish brat and got what she deserved.

a person who trusts someone always has to keep worrying whether he or she has done something to break that someone's trust or fear being betrayed,
    Then you wouldnt really trust that person now would you? Life would just be big $hit hole if what you say is true.

a person who trusts no one has no worries and is carefree and leaves no opening for an attack from anyone.
    ?? Completely disagree, if anything you would be paranoid...not to mention awefully lonely.

especially seeing how LPZ's personality was changing, YLS should've been on her guard, even more so with LDN around, but being spoiled rotten, she acted like a foolish brat and got what she deserved.

Until LPZ explained everything to her she had no idea what was going on. Im reading the novel from a third person view, so I know what's going on inside his mind and I was still shocked when he stabbed her.

Also , these scenes are the few in the novel where YLS does not act like a spoiled brat, and my opinion of her changed for the better after reading them. She was betrayed and used by both her father and her husband yet she chooses to go on with the relationship instead of running away(which would have been the easy way out). That shows both the loyalty and strength in her character, something that was lacking eariler on when she was throwing accusations at LHC.

Anyways, I dont want to spoil the flow of the translations, and honestly I find your logic both flawed and disturbing...so I think its best if I just ignore your post.

On the contrary, a person who trust no one are full of worries and be overly cautious; for he must be ever on alert, not to be caught off guard by anyone. He will not even feel safe even with he is alone, for he fear someone is plotting against him.

At that time, LPZ's personality did changed; from completely distrusful of her to gradually warming up to her. YLS was trying to prove to LPZ that she means no harm to him. How would you convince someone that he has nothing to fear from you when you has your sword ready to stab his heart?

Being carefree and leaving no openings for an attack from anyone do not go together. On the contrary, to safeguard oneself from as many dangers as possible, one must exert all their effort and generally be rather miserable.