Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Smiling Proud Wanderer Chapter 36-40

Default JUST wana say LOL

Pocket ur the man... Owesome translation.
    I am a humble reader.

Humans are animals... and will do what they do, who the hell knows why.

I too agree that not trusting people doesn't make one carefree etc.

On the other hand not expecting anything from people can make one's life a lot easier.

There must be a nice balance to this and I hope we all can achieve it at some point in our lives.

In YLS's situation, I think she was in a shock from all the horrible things she heard and realisation of them being actually true. So it is normal that she couldn't pay more attention to what was going on around her.

LPZ is a man turned evil by circumstances - his family was killed and he was after revenge but YBQ is truly evil for no reason other than gaining more power.

Also call me soft hearted but I don't think anyone deserves to be killed by their spouse for no reason. She didn't do anything to him!!!

There is a study that found people in love have lower activity in the frontal lobes, where judgement is done. Probably accounts for the lack of logic in actions of people in love in life and fiction.

http://www.vislab.ucl.ac.uk/pdf/NeuralBasisOfLove.pdf
    Last edited by Ardor; 06-04-07 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Adding citation
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Ok since everyone is throwing their opinions in.. so will I. lol. I agree with the others, YLS was annoying but no one deserves what she got. I guess you can blame her totally about how LHC felt about her but she really has bad karma.. A husband who is more insane than evil and a father who is more evil than evil itself. I don't agree with MysteriousX's comments about the weak being food for the strong. LPZ practised the arts without her knowledge, if theory applies to YLS then it will also apply to her mother, who is one of my favorite characters. I can see why RWX respects her so much.

As for RYY being a replacement for YLS, I think LHC is now head over heels with RYY (wouldn't you be? :-) )...

I don't think LHC is head over heels in love with RYY - but he has come to appreciate her and the chemistry that was already there was able to freely flow since LHC accepted that he has to forget YLS since she is married etc.

But up until the moment she died, YLS was the love of his life and preceded everything. He even agreed to promise to protect LPZ for her. I think (and hope) that he will be happy with RYY since she loves him the way he loved YLS. So with her love, patience and understanding, and more importantly with their friendship tested many times, he will be able to give a piece of his heart to RYY and be happy together - if circumstances allow- but YLS's fire was not dead in his heart, maybe if she lived he would get over her and truly start with RYY but she died so young and her memory is bound to make him sad from time to time. And when that look came into his eyes, RYY will know that he is thinking about YLS and no matter how lovely & talented RYY is, she can't compete with a memory.

But the above is no obstacle for LHC loving RYY, he just couldn't give her his whole heart the way he did for YLS. Especially now since he can't take it back from YLS (with her dying in his arms and all).

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet View Post
    Also call me soft hearted but I don't think anyone deserves to be killed by their spouse for no reason. She didn't do anything to him!!!
    I think LPZ was too deeply consumed with his quest for vengeance, that his definition of an enemy covers quite a lot of people, without any exception. Anybody who has a role in the demise of his family, equates to one.

Quote Originally Posted by eliza bennet View Post
    I don't think LHC is head over heels in love with RYY - but he has come to appreciate her and the chemistry that was already there was able to freely flow since LHC accepted that he has to forget YLS since she is married etc.

But up until the moment she died, YLS was the love of his life and preceded everything. He even agreed to promise to protect LPZ for her. I think (and hope) that he will be happy with RYY since she loves him the way he loved YLS.
    Eliza, you maybe right about LHC's feeling towards RYY but I think him agreeing to protect LPZ is to give YLS peace as it is dying wish. I think this is an unspoken rule in JiangHu, that the dying wish of a person is to be granted. But you can see the struggles LHC goes through to give YLS the answer.

I agree with you that the chemistry between LHC and RYY is more free and better than it was before.

I think your all noobs (except translater and other esteamed Woxia fans).

more DOGU less romance, unless its the explicite kind like ROCK. then i dont mind

any one notice the contridiction in my statement.

Yes, terrific job Pokit!

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    more DOGU less romance
    somebody say my name?

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
    It is best for her that she died otherwise .... .

Would you mind using spoilers please? you already finished the novel in your post... that really sucked pal.

Quote Originally Posted by s4life View Post
    Would you mind using spoilers please? you already finished the novel in your post... that really sucked pal.
    Er, spidey only posted that after it had already happened in the posted story - how can that be a spoiler?

Default New Translation?

Where are the translation? Have it been moved to another site?

I still post the translation here. Wait for a while, Hhaung is on holiday for the moment.

Hi Guys, its so exciting! However, although it says here :final 5 chapters, I only found one. Are there any hidden links or pagesor is it still in the process of translation??? Thanx!

We are still in the process of translating and editing the rest of the chapters though 36 and 37 need only to be edited as they have been translated already by Pokit.

I just got back from my first visit to China (Beijing, Xi'an and Shanghai) and I'm afraid I'm still a bit jet lagged and not really editing fast enough. I hope to give you all more to read by Monday though.

Thanks for being patient!

Thanks HH appreciate your efforts just rest a bit keep up the good work and thanks to pokit as well

Quote Originally Posted by hhaung View Post
    We are still in the process of translating and editing the rest of the chapters though 36 and 37 need only to be edited as they have been translated already by Pokit.

I just got back from my first visit to China (Beijing, Xi'an and Shanghai) and I'm afraid I'm still a bit jet lagged and not really editing fast enough. I hope to give you all more to read by Monday though.

Thanks for being patient!
    Hi hhaung, did you manage to visit huashan, hengshan, songshan and the likes?

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight View Post
    Hi hhaung, did you manage to visit huashan, hengshan, songshan and the likes?
    I'm afraid not. It was a set tour of three cities where we get to visit several notable places such as the forbidden palace, ming tombs, the great wall, the terracotta warriors, etc. It'd be great to visit the mountains though! I was most impressed by Shanghai. Beijing was quite polluted and while we were there, we could hardly see the blue sky or clouds. It cast a pall on everything. The Forbidden palace looked so dingy in this smoggy light that I felt so sad imagining myself shut up in that place as a wife or concubine. Xi'an was also polluted but at least we can see the sky so it wasn't depressing. I thought the city was rather charming and quiet. I fell in love with the Tang period music, arts and culture.

wow, other than the pollution, i guess it is a good trip, sounds interesting. yeah, i think you mean shanghai as a very beautiful and fascinating modern city.

Continuing with the translation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

When he became half aware, he heard a crisp and clear sound of a zither. The zither sound repeated itself playing a tune that sounded familiar to him and he was enjoying it immensely. His whole body felt weak and he didn't even feel like opening his eyelids. He only hoped that he could listen to the sound of the zither forever. The zither sound really didn't stop and continued playing. After listening to it for a while, Linghu Chong fell asleep again.

The second time he became conscious, the quiet and beautiful zither sound was still playing and he could also smell a fragrant scent. He slowly opened his eyes and saw all sorts of flowers in front of his eyes. Red flowers, white flowers, yellow flowers, purple flowers; they were all piled in front of him. He wondered, "What's this place?" Hearing the zither sound repeating, he realised it was the tune Yingying often played called the 'Song of Peace and Serenity'. He turned his head around and saw the back of Yingying's body. She was sitting on the ground gently playing the zither. Gradually, he realised they were inside a cave. The sunshine entered from the mouth of the cave as he lay on a bed of soft grass. Linghu Chong wanted to sit up and as he tried, the grass underneath him made a rustling sound. The zither sound stopped abruptly and Yingying turned her head around looking very happy. She slowly walked up to Linghu Chong and sat beside him. Her eyes stayed on him for the whole time, and her face was overflowing with tender affection.

In a brief moment, Linghu Chong's heart swelled with happiness. He knew he had lost consciousness after he had seen Yue Lingshan die miserably, and Yingying had helped him into this cave. He suddenly felt a wave of sadness in his heart, but gradually, he felt unbounded warmth and tenderness coming from Yingying's eyes. The two of them affectionately sat opposite each other for a long time without saying anything.

Linghu Chong extended his left hand and lightly caressed the back of Yingying's hand. Suddenly, in the midst of the fragrance from the flowers, he smelled roasted meat in the air. Yingying took a branch full of stringed up frogs and laughingly said, "They're burnt again!"

Linghu Chong burst into laughter. The two of them were brought back to the day besides the creek when they caught some frogs and burnt them. From the first time they had eaten frogs together to this second frog feast, many things had happened in between; but the two of them were still together at the end. After having a few laughs, Linghu Chong's heartache returned and he started shedding some tears again. Yingying helped him to sit up; pointing to the mountain outside, she softly said, "Miss Yue is buried there."

Holding back his tears, Linghu Chong said, "Many... many thanks."

Yingying slowly shook her head. "There's no need to thank me. Every person has his own fate, and every person also has his own action and reward."

Linghu Chong felt apologetic. "Yingying, I can never forget the feelings I have for my little martial sister, please don't blame me."

"Of course I don't blame you. If you were just a man who likes to play around and look for girls all the time, then I wouldn't have cared about you." She then whispered, "The reason I started... I started adoring you is because you told me how much you love your little martial sister at the Bamboo Lane in Luoyang. Miss Yue was a good lady, but she wasn't... she wasn't destined to be with you. If you didn't grow up with her, and she had seen you later, she would most probably have liked you."

Linghu Chong pondered for a long time, then he shook his head. "She wouldn't. Little martial sister looked up to my master, so the man she liked must be similar to her father, a man of few words who carry himself in a stately manner. I'm only her playmate; she had never... never respected me."

Yingying said, "Maybe what you said is right. It just happened that Lin Pingzhi is similar to your master, very proper but with a belly full of secret plots."

Linghu Chong sighed. "Just before little martial sister died, she still didn't believe Lin Pingzhi truly meant to kill her and she still loved him completely. That's... that's also very good. She wasn't grieved at all before she died. I want to see her grave."

Yingying held his arm as they walked out of the cave. Linghu Chong saw the grave was made up of a pile of rocks. Even though the rocks were of uneven size, they were organised neatly. In front and at the back of the grave were fresh flowers. Seeing they were done by Yingying, he felt appreciative towards her. A cut tree trunk was erected in front of the grave, and words were written on it with a sword-point: "Tomb of Heroine Yue Lingshan from Huashan". Linghu Chong was startled and shed more tears. He said, "Perhaps little martial sister would've liked to be called Madam Lin."

"Lin Pingzhi is such a ruthless and unrighteous person. In the netherworld, Miss Yue would have understood his wicked heart, and she wouldn't want to be called Madam Lin." While she thought in her heart, "You don't know Lin Pingzhi and she were husband and wife in name only; they're not real husband and wife."

"You're probably right," Linghu Chong agreeing with her. He then saw mountain peaks surrounding them on every side, and realized that they were inside a valley. The forests were the colour of deep green and mountain flowers grew everywhere. Birds were calling out continuously from the top of the trees. It was a very secluded and quiet place they were in.

"We'll stay here for some time to look after your injury and the grave," Yingying suggested.

Linghu Chong replied, "That's very good. Little martial sister is alone in this wilderness, even if she had become a ghost, she'll still be timid." When Yingying heard him said such a sentimental word, she couldn't help sighing.

The two of them lived in the valley comfortably, eating frogs and picking fruits. Linghu Chong only had an external injury so with Heng-Shan School's medicine applied externally and taken orally, along with his abundant internal energy, he was mostly recovered from his injury after staying there for more than twenty days. While he was recuperating, Yingying taught him how to play the zither every day. Linghu Chong was very intelligent and he concentrated fully on his practise, so he advanced very quickly. One day, he woke up early in the morning and saw several small shoots had already grown out from Yue Lingshan's grave. Linghu Chong thought, "There are shoots already at little martial sister's grave now. How is she inside the grave?"

Suddenly, the sound of a bamboo flute came from behind his back. He turned his head around and saw Yingying was sitting on a piece of rock playing the 'Song of Peace and Serenity' with a bamboo flute. He walked over to her and saw it was a new flute Yingying had made from a bamboo branch by using her sword and perforating holes through it. He took the zither, put it across his knee, and started playing, following the tune she was playing. As he gradually put his mind into playing the tune, there was no other thought in his mind. When the song was completed, he felt his vigour greatly roused. They smiled at each other.

Yingying said, "You're already familiar with this 'Song of Peace and Serenity'. Today, let's practise the 'Smiling Proud Wanderer'. What do you think?"