Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for new translation

Default Suggestion for new translation

Well Xia ke Xing is almost finished...I m in penultimate chapter and intend to finish those in a couple of weeks....

I am asking for suggestion for some new book I should try to translate....most preferably some unfinished work...something which is not very difficult to translate and interesting too.

plz try translating "Righteous Blood Cleansing Silver Spear" by gu long its already been partially translated by beedreamer but he stopped in 2006 so can u plz finish it

Lu Xiao Feng Book 5 if Foxs is still with White hair bride

Demigod Semi-devils also need some work

Or maybe help Jean and Sly with Step Into The Past or RWX with Bordertown

Anything by Huang Yi would be deeply appreciated!

There was that one novel whih was being translated on this forum called Legend of the Long Sword Master which sadly, the original translaor Grundle dropped.

If you could pick up that novel I for one would be deeply appreciative, not all wuxia translations need to be Gulong or Jinyong, and I think Huang Yi deserves more exposure!

Would love more Huang Yi translations too! Love the ones that have been out.

I would request 大唐游侠传 ( Da Tang You Xia Zhuan) aka Paladins in Troubled Times. I am actually watching the drama and it's pure awesomeness, I would love to read the book as well;P

thank for your work on OTG. If you were to start, it would be great if you can try Lu Xiao Feng. Maybe book 6, since Fox will take book 5. That way, we will soon have all the LXF.

thanks

How about "Moon Demon". I always want to someone to finish this sci-fi book. I would definitely appreciated.

thank you Abhay.
    Please translate Meteor, Butterfly, Sword. It's really best.

I am in support of Hong Kong 1981. Pls translate "Righteous Blood Cleansing Silver Spear". Much thanks for Ode to Gallantry.

Oops apologies, typo error .. should have been King Kong 1981 ....

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

there's a bunch of half baked novels in this site.maybe you should take up one of them after asking the site moderator.

http://haddjo.freehostia.com/joomla_...d=50&Itemid=29
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

I still not able to decide which book to translate.

Unfortunately I am not a big fan of Gu Long ...I would prefer something close to Jin Yong's work. Since most of good novels of Jin Yong are already done so I am a bit confused.

I read Grundle's translation of Legend of the Long Sword Master and liked it a lot but it has 123 chapters. It took me 10 months to complete 10 chapters of Xia ke xing so calculation is about...10 years

I heard a lot about Liang Yusheng and how his style is more similar to Jin Yong. i looked in to his novels and they are normally of average length...about 30-40 chapers.

So Please suggest a good novel by Liang Yusheng...lets venture in to some unchatered territory ...(obviously i wont be translating his famous poetries). I am currently watching paladins in troubled times and it also looks good but I don't like to translate if I already know the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
    So Please suggest a good novel by Liang Yusheng...lets venture in to some unchatered territory ...(obviously i wont be translating his famous poetries). I am currently watching paladins in troubled times and it also looks good but I don't like to translate if I already know the story.
    How about 七剑下天山? Chinese text here: http://www.cnnovels.net/wx/liangyush...xts/index.html

According to wikipedia (since I've never read it), the novel "acts as a closing chapter for the love story between Zhuo Yihang and Lian Nichang from its prequel novel Romance of the White-Haired Maiden". Might be interesting for those following foxs' translation of Legend of the White Haired Maiden.

Tsui Hark made a movie out of it - Seven Swords - but it was all over the place.
    玉木宏

blog

I would be interested in any of the LYS things that relate to the Mount Heaven Cycle. There is a summary of Seven Swordsmen floating around that I think is incomplete, and I as I understand there are quite a few books that contribute to the arc of the Mount Heaven story between White Haired Maiden and Seven Swords (and for all I know beyond that). I hear of LYS being one of the "Big 3", but if so he is under-represented in the forums I have seen.

missouri.slim

Default mythical crane magic needle

Thank transalting "mythical crane and magic needle" by wo Longsheng which was started in wuxiasociety as a tease and it was so wonderful that I cannot help but wanting to read it.

Anything by Huang Yi would be deeply apprecitive. The length of thew novels is the exact reason for my personal request because if they never start they will never finish. Like other similar long series they usually pass from person to person, so have no fear and just translate as much as you can.
    Last edited by Shi-Potian; 12-04-09 at 10:31 PM.

How about
    'Demi-God Semi-Devils' by Jin Yong

it is already translated about 1/4 th and i think its long due since condor trilogy has been translated long ago thanks to foxs team.
    Rose blooms best near death
    You are in full bloom, Pal!

Quote Originally Posted by nisachar View Post
    How about
    'Demi-God Semi-Devils' by Jin Yong

it is already translated about 1/4 th and i think its long due since condor trilogy has been translated long ago thanks to foxs team.

I have already seen the 2003 TV series. As a translator its pretty difficult to maintain the motivation if I know what's going to happen next

Right now I have zeroed in on a Novel from Liang Yusahen called "ping zong xia ying Lu" (The Legend of the Travelling Hero or The Wanderer chronicles).

Actually Mawguy had done its summary in wuxiasociety...looks good.
    I will first try a couple of chapters and see if I can handle Liang Yusheng or not....
    Last edited by Abhay; 12-06-09 at 06:01 AM.

hey abhay i was going to suggest that you get into step into the past and nail it down cos that is a huge huge project, but now that wanderer chronicles look interesting so..good luck