Thread: please advise what korean drama to watch

Default please advise what korean drama to watch

so I want to buy my wife a box set korean drama to watch for the summer. what do you guys reccommend?

she definatly like something funny and modern, love story, and something that centers around the main female character.

examples that she have watched before: Kim Sam Soon, Full House, Lovers in paris, foxy lady, etc etc....

any suggestions?

edit: if it makes anything easier, I"m confined to buying something from amazon.com because of a gift cert. go to amazon.com

http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/00...ds=korean+drama

How thoughtful of you.

From Amazon:
    If she doesn't already have the DVD set of Kim Sam Soon, definitely buy that one for her.

Sweet 18 is a cute one too.

Sassy Girl Chun Hyang is a good romance comedy as well.

Full House is good but I think it gets repetitive with the cleaning and arguing and cleaning and arguing.

A new k-drama that is good to watch is Dal Ja's Spring.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

thanks.. I would definatly think over it.

For me, the first reaction is kim sam soon because she seen it and likes it so much.....so I"m actually still debating whether or not to get her something she seen before..

but I was looking for other choices on things she hasn't seen yet....

Quote Originally Posted by honluu View Post
    so I want to buy my wife a box set korean drama to watch for the summer. what do you guys reccommend?

she definatly like something funny and modern, love story, and something that centers around the main female character.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JmEy77PCL._SS400_.jpg')
    - Lovers(2006) : The third of Lovers in Paris series. The best of "Lovers" trilogy

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51j5zZgexgL._SS500_.jpg')
    - The Fantasy Couple(2006) : The run-away hit series of 2006. Be warned, this series is too funny.

I would also recomment "The Snow Queen(2006)", but I am not sure if your wife is into another tear-jerker.
    Last edited by JonDoe; 05-29-07 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by honluu View Post

examples that she have watched before: Kim Sam Soon, Full House, Lovers in paris, foxy lady, etc etc....

any suggestions?

edit: if it makes anything easier, I"m confined to buying something from amazon.com because of a gift cert. go to amazon.com

http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/00...ds=korean+drama
    My Girl (laugh throughout
    Hello Miss! (laugh so hard)
    Sweet Spy (harlerious)
    (the top three focused on the girl)
    My wife is a gangstar III (funny as)
    Which star are you from? (sweet & funny)
    Save the Last dance for me (very sweet)
    18 vs 29

For this is up to individual. The series that i like may not be the one that you or your wife may like. Why not you try this website www.mysoju.com? It has most of the series there.

Daring Housewifes
    The House Husband

The above are funny and nice.

Which Star Are You From is pretty cute. If she enjoyed Kim Sam Soon she might like it, since Jung Ryo Won plays the female lead in WSAYF.

Hope this helps and good luck!
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51j5zZgexgL._SS500_.jpg')
    - The Fantasy Couple(2006) : The run-away hit series of 2006. Be warned, this series is too funny.
    thanks again jondoe! because of your warning and recommendation, i went and start watching this drama and i was just laughing way too hard!! it was a great detour from hong gil dong, which was starting to bug me really bad. the acting here is refreshingly better.
    ---------
    Shellie

I am currently watch "Models", it is pretty interesting. You can recommend to your wife. As for "Rose & Bean sprout", it is pretty old show but nice too but it stops at episode 15, i am yet to see the ending

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Cloud Stairways is good and has strong female characters which is also very cute and adorable (Han Ji Hye of Sweet 18). The story also very romantic. I mean the hero do appendicitis surgery and donate his blood to the heroine. What is more romantic than that, yeh .

If I were her, he will be my partner for life, anyway the guys is a dashing hero, a very talented doctor and an underdog which is my favorite part of the story, as I like to watch how underdog triumph over harsh life and victorious in the end, which is what this drama is all about. No death, no Cancer, very happy ending. My favorite romantic kdrama after Green Rose and The Snow Queen.

I recommend "Rude Women" (aka Outrageous Women). It's like a Korean version of Desperate Housewives (or so the wiki page says), but it's funny and you'll grow to like the characters. I was particularly fond of Mijoo and her son Joon.
    玉木宏

blog

My Girl - lighthearted romance

Goong - politics, first loves, unrequited love, unconditional affection... see for yourself

Brilliant Legacy/Shining Inheritance. Good stuff. =)

My fav now is Likable or Not. It's a great soap opera with lots of funny scenes between the main couple. You can see my review of it by clicking on the link in the title.