Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ying Ye 3+1 [Starring: Joe (Qiao En), Ming Dao, Jason Hsu, Huang Zhi Wei]

Honestly, I think this series may get popular only because of those who are crazy over MD and QE pairing up again.. They were already popular due to Frog Prince and all, but I think there are other important aspects in a series....I find it hard to completely enjoy a series if you only care of the cast or a certain actor and actress pairing up. I mean it's not like they are in EVERY scene.. It would also be pointless to watch only their scenes in a series... If you like them pairing up that much than might as well make and MV of them only to watch over and over again instead of wasting your time watching the whole series....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

cheeiky
    Unregistered

Finished watching 4 episodes. Makes you want to watch the next episode to come but find it ridiculous on the reason why the senator want to pick on school boys?? Makes me wonder if the plot will get better on the following episodes....
    Totally agree that this series would be popular because of the 2 main leads.

i like ming dao and qiao en too:-) The plot isn't so great. i hope it will get better

i have watched 5 eps and so far it's STILL the 3+1 against the school bully. haven't they stretched that far enough. The senator has nothing better to do than to put some school boys in jail. He even brought his lawyers and reporters along. I seriously hope the plot will get better. it's getting tiresome. and the storyline about the missing gun seems to have got lost somewhere.

I'd love to see MD and Joe are on screen couples.

I haven't been watching since I am waiting for the DVD to come out instead...It is such a chore to watch it online. I sort of have a bad feeling about the plot from what I am hearing now... I really hope that the plot will get better... Even though I like MD a lot, but the plot in a series is VERY important since that is what carries the series through and lets it flow...The ratings for this series will drop if the plot does not get better...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

finished 5 eps.addicted to it.
    u guys can download it il..le..gal..ly... online though
    as quality as DVD

I would much rather get the original DVD since it is to support them if I like the series enough and also I love to have nice DVDs with the box and all too.. However, if this series does not have a good plot overalll then I may just not purchase the DVD...

Yeah, it's quite nice to own the DVD. But you have to be patient

Patience is one thing, but I will also take into consideration whether the series is worth collecting or not. I wait for the reviews to see if it is good or not. If so, I will watch it online.. Then if it is good enough to collect then I will get it.. If not, then I just watch it once.. I hope that the plot of this series gets better because so far to me, the plot isn't that good... I think a majority of the viewers are fans of the cast only. I like the cast as well, but the plot and other aspects are important as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Patience is one thing, but I will also take into consideration whether the series is worth collecting or not. I wait for the reviews to see if it is good or not. If so, I will watch it online.. Then if it is good enough to collect then I will get it.. If not, then I just watch it once.. I hope that the plot of this series gets better because so far to me, the plot isn't that good... I think a majority of the viewers are fans of the cast only. I like the cast as well, but the plot and other aspects are important as well.
    Hate to say this but...I'm kind of with you Trinie, this series so far I'm watching because only for the casts..but the plot is getting interstier for me.. though I still think the plot and story line need to bend to the good part NOW!

Thanks for the comment LuvJoJo!! I bet other die hard fans of the cast or people who are crazy about Ming Dao and Qiao En pairing would like this series no matter what. THey also would have attacked me already...Like I said, I do love the cast as well, but there is way more to a series than just the cast. I totally agree with you that the plot really needs to get good NOW or else I really don't know if I will like it enough to even continue watching, but buy the DVD?? No way... There are way too many series these days so I have to pick and choose since I don't have all that time and money to watch and/or collect them all.. Also, I have a high preference for ancient series, therefore, there are only SOME modern series that I may like but that is kind of rare...
    Last edited by Trinie; 09-05-07 at 01:50 AM.

Trinie, i am with u. I like series with a good plot. I am not into highschool dramas and don't like the 'dumb girl trying to get the best looking/smartest guy in class' theme. i watch YY3+1 cos of Qiao En. if the plot doesn't look any more interesting than this i'll drop this series.

ep 6 of YY3+1 did get better. A least they got some of the issues resolved and moved on to other things. from the preview, next week seems to be more interesting. It will no longer drag on the bully theme and move on to Huang Zhi Wei's character's family issues.

IMO, the 1st 6 eps could have been collpased into 1 or at most 2 eps. There r only so much u can talk about the bully and his senator dad. But according to news YY3+1 is sereiously behind shooting schedule so they need every inch of film they already shot. and they have a new script writer now. hopefully it'll get more interesting. but please don't just drag it into 20 eps and ruin the series.

BTW, Trinie, have u watched My Lucky Star? If u like good plots u will like it. There's a reason why MLS is sucessful.

ratings of YY3+1 ep 6:

週六日21:30-24:00 (2007.9.2)
    1 換換愛why why love (華視) 3.25
    2 櫻野3加1 YY3+1 (台視) 2.16
    3 18禁不禁 18 forbidden or not (中視) 1.22
    4 黑糖瑪奇朵 brown sugar macchiato (民視) 1.38

last week's ratings of YY3+1 ep 5:
    1 why why love 3.43
    2 Yingye 3+1 2.45
    3 18 forbidden or not 1.68
    4 brown sugar macchiato 1.79

ratings for every idol series dropped this week. Are taiwanese sick of idol series already? there r simply too many to choose from. and 3 of the above 4 are highschool dramas.

Hey Ladycoco,
    Glad that you like a series with a good plot too since most of the people that run into just care for the cast or a certain couple pairing up and that's it. I guess based on what you are saying, you would not like ISWAK. I thought that series was ok, but wasn't quite as good as I expected based on the reviews and all. Well, I think I would still watch the series until the end since I am curious about what will happen in the end. However, I am not sure if it is a series that I would collect and watch over and over again...I love MD and Jason Hsu a lot, but the plot is really important to me as well..

I am glad that ep 6 did get better... I think the script writers are realizing that the bully issue is getting redundant.

Yea, I heard about YYSJY being behind since the cast is so busy with a lot of other things at the same time. I really hope that the plot and script will get better. Actually, 20 eps is not a bad length. I have a feeling this series will have about 30 eps. Have you seen E Nu Ah Chu?? That stars Sam Wang and Joanne Tsang. I actually am really enjoying that series more than this one...

No, I haven't seen MY Lucky Star yet. I was going to watch it on Youtube but am trying to wait until I get the DVDs... I heard a lot of good things about it and have been waiting to see it, but haven't gotten my DVDs yet. I don't want to watch it online since watching a series online is a big fuss... Plus, I am a long time fan of Jimmy so having him in there is a big plus as well...

Thanks for the info about the ratings... I guess they are getting tired of idol series or like you said, there are way too many to pick from??? I have always been more into ancient series so I really hope that there will be more of those coming out instead of all these idol series because they get soo redundant...
    Last edited by Trinie; 09-05-07 at 01:40 AM.

cheeiky
    Unregistered

It will be sad if the plot doesn't get better as they have such a good cast. On the no of episodes, I believe 20 episodes would be just nice. Hope they would improve on the plot as I like to see Ming Dao and Qiao En together on screen.

I agree since it would be a waste of a good cast if the plot doesn't get better... sigh... I just hope that it does... Yea, 20 eps would be nice... Magicians of Love was only 22 eps, but the eps were really long though...

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Hey Ladycoco,
    Glad that you like a series with a good plot too since most of the people that run into just care for the cast or a certain couple pairing up and that's it. I guess based on what you are saying, you would not like ISWAK. I thought that series was ok, but wasn't quite as good as I expected based on the reviews and all. Well, I think I would still watch the series until the end since I am curious about what will happen in the end. However, I am not sure if it is a series that I would collect and watch over and over again...I love MD and Jason Hsu a lot, but the plot is really important to me as well..

I am glad that ep 6 did get better... I think the script writers are realizing that the bully issue is getting redundant.

Yea, I heard about YYSJY being behind since the cast is so busy with a lot of other things at the same time. I really hope that the plot and script will get better. Actually, 20 eps is not a bad length. I have a feeling this series will have about 30 eps. Have you seen E Nu Ah Chu?? That stars Sam Wang and Joanne Tsang. I actually am really enjoying that series more than this one...

No, I haven't seen MY Lucky Star yet. I was going to watch it on Youtube but am trying to wait until I get the DVDs... I heard a lot of good things about it and have been waiting to see it, but haven't gotten my DVDs yet. I don't want to watch it online since watching a series online is a big fuss... Plus, I am a long time fan of Jimmy so having him in there is a big plus as well...

Thanks for the info about the ratings... I guess they are getting tired of idol series or like you said, there are way too many to pick from??? I have always been more into ancient series so I really hope that there will be more of those coming out instead of all these idol series because they get soo redundant...
    i dropped ISWAK after about ep 13. There's only so much dumb girl acts i could take. it also started to drag in the middle. Now that there's nothing else good to watch i may pick it up again just to see the ending.

i didn't know anything about E Nu Ah Chu? I'll go take a look. thanks for the recommendation.

I used to watch a lot of ancient series but got tired of them. Also got tired of TVB series. Now i am getting into taiwanese idol series for a change.

I saw most of ISWAK on youtube since it was free... It was ok but wasn't as great as I expected since I heard so many raves about it... It agree that it really dragged and thought that it was pathetic that Xiang Qin kept on pursuing Zhi Shu even when he told her not to like him anymore. I would just skip to the ending if you really want to see the ending.

You may like E Nu Ah Chu because it is a cute series.... I really like it so far and Sam is so sweet and innocent. You should also see the new Bi Xue Jian from China. I really loved it...

I have always loved ancient series and never really got sick of them, but lately I haven't been watching that many since a lot of them aren't even that good. That is why I pick and choose... I haven't watched TVB for a long time... I am surprised that I am liking some modern idol Taiwanese series since I have never liked any modern series in my life ever...

Back on topic, I really hope that this series will have good ratings and a better plotline..
    Last edited by Trinie; 09-05-07 at 10:34 PM.