Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ying Ye 3+1 [Starring: Joe (Qiao En), Ming Dao, Jason Hsu, Huang Zhi Wei]

cheeiky
    Unregistered

This series is not bad in the sense its not draggy and you look forward to watching the next episode. Would like to see Xia Tian and Fang Wei together even for a while as it will make the story more interesting and see how it turns out.

OMG! I saw all the way to episode 6! I love this series! I got the ost too! Hahhahaha! I love the songs that's why! Hahaha!

I actually gave up watching this series since it didn't seem that interesting... I also got the OST and it is ok, but honestly... It isn't even half as good as the Frog Prince and The Magicians of Love OST. Those both won an award, but I don't know if the OST for this series will.. Honestly, the songs are only average overall...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Trinie, I am giving up on this series too. Oh man. I watched ep 8 yesterday and it is totally bizarre. Xia Tian spent half the ep looking for fireflies when Ah Jiang was in the hosp in a coma. It is so lame. They also introduced a new char, a cop. Seems like production felt that viewers didn't like the highschool/bully theme so they did a 180 in mid-series and turned it into a police story. Judging from the preview of ep 9, there'll be drugs, undercover police work and the emphasis will be moved to the new cop char.

Just an idea, i saw that YY3+1 now has only 1 director, the same director Chen from My Lucky Star. Maybe they want to copy MLS's success by switching plot mid-series and give it a totally new look and new chars. Like the 5 yrs after plot that worked so well in MLS. They will also introduce jealousy into the story, just like the jealous plot in MLS with Tian Qi and Han Zhi Yan. The beginning credits also changed. But what'll happen to the other 2 YY supporting male leads: Bulu and Fang Wei?

BTW, thanks for recommendating Mean Girl Ah Chu. I watched up to ep 5 and it's quite interesting. I read that it'll have 30 eps. Hope it won't drag later. i hate series that drag.

cheeiky
    Unregistered

Looks like they're going to ruin the whole storyline with changes of hands. I will try up to ep 9 and give up if doesn't get better in plot.

I finallly watched ep 9. CK Hsu is a good addition to the show. He is hotter than Ming Dao. but sad that fan wei and bulu have been written out of the script.

now i am totally confused. All of a sudden they are college students. XT's father just said she's graduating from college in a month. and that's it. We were led to believe that this is a highschool drama. everyone wears uniforms. are there universities in Taiwan that require their students wear uniforms? everyone act like highschool students in ep 1 to ep 8, not to mention how childish they are and all the bullying stuff. Ying Ye just doesn't look or feel like a University.

Oh well, it's just a tv show. maybe in the next ep they all turn out to be aliens from Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by ladycoco View Post
    I finallly watched ep 9. CK Hsu is a good addition to the show. He is hotter than Ming Dao. but sad that fan wei and bulu have been written out of the script.

now i am totally confused. All of a sudden they are college students. XT's father just said she's graduating from college in a month. and that's it. We were led to believe that this is a highschool drama. everyone wears uniforms. are there universities in Taiwan that require their students wear uniforms? everyone act like highschool students in ep 1 to ep 8, not to mention how childish they are and all the bullying stuff. Ying Ye just doesn't look or feel like a University.

Oh well, it's just a tv show. maybe in the next ep they all turn out to be aliens from Mars.
    That's the problem with Taiwanese dramas, whenever they adapt a manga to drama, they always mess up the age and whether or not they're really in high school or college. This isn't the only drama that has that problem. In one of the episodes prior to Ah Jiang being stabbed, he said himself he's 20 or 21.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

cheeiky
    Unregistered

Found out from a Taiwanese that some universities in Taiwan wear uniforms. This person came from one such uni. So Ying Ye is a college where the students also wear uniforms.

Finished watching 9 episodes and its getting more interesting. But ratings for this show have gone down to below 2. Plot is getting better. Can't seem to anticipate what's going to happen next which makes you eagerly want to watch the next episode.

This series is really getting better and better..at last they don't have the stupid bully stuff..cuz that part is quite childish. But it is getting better! Linda makes a great entry to this serie and now it showing how Xia Tian and Ah Jiang will overcome obstacles. This also shows how true their love is. I think every drama will have some parts that are boring. For example, Frog turns into prince also have alot of the office scenes and the fight between the guys for that manager position..so yah..just keep watching and reminisce the good parts!

Quote Originally Posted by fiona111201 View Post
    This series is really getting better and better..at last they don't have the stupid bully stuff..cuz that part is quite childish. But it is getting better! Linda makes a great entry to this serie and now it showing how Xia Tian and Ah Jiang will overcome obstacles. This also shows how true their love is. I think every drama will have some parts that are boring. For example, Frog turns into prince also have alot of the office scenes and the fight between the guys for that manager position..so yah..just keep watching and reminisce the good parts!
    I'm doing what you're doing..because I'm a BIG Ming Dao fans so I don't want to gave up on this series..I know it will be better later! You're right though, there are alot of boring parts but I do still enjoy this series very much. Not to mention all the Ming Dao/ QiaoEn scenes!

Yesh! Haha! U are really a great fan of mingdao! I am also a great fan of Mingdao and Qiaoen! haha.. Series will always get better and better...no script writers will want to kill their own show rite? Heez
    Mistakes make you grow stronger. As long as you never give up, this mistakes will eventually become your potential.,

I've heard quite strong opposing views for this drama. . .and wasn't sure what to make of it. Was planning on waiting for the show to finish before I start watching. . .but the other day I accidentally stumbled onto the end of episode 12 and I have to say. . .it's gotten me extremely curious about the show! I went back and watch part of the beginning. . .not a ton of time so I'm not caught up yet. . .but mingdao and qiaoen's relationship in the beginning seems kinda cute. I like MZ's character most in here but there's not too much about him 'cept he likes the really adorable looking girl (forgot her name at the moment). XD It's not crazy bad like people's been saying. . .and there seems to be somewhat of a plot at episode 12 so hopefully this story will turn out good. ^^
    Some of us needs to learn how to get our priorities straight and others need to start getting some priorities. . .

cheeiky
    Unregistered

I'm up to episode 15 already and the reason why there are opposing views are because the storyline is confusing, plot is messy and characters are inconsistent. However, the acting casts in YY have put up a great performance so this show is watchable despite many flaws. I'm going to get the DVD when its out so I could rewatch the show again. I like the comical parts and the interactions between Ah Jiang and Xia Tian are so sweet not forgetting their pals, Fang Wei and Bulu. Below are some pictures of YY:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/1004/yypromo3tu3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2756/yy2nj0.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/300/yymdzq8.jpg')
    Last edited by cheeiky; 11-05-07 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Addtional words

this series didn't do so well in taiwan but i am glad that it did wells oversea....

Hey I finish this series, the story line is quite ok overall, just a few boring plots and a bit draggy, but I really really love all the friendship scene! Like when they all went camping and when they all hang out at the eating place! I envy thier friendship so much! I might rewatch it now that winter break is coming!

I really love all the Ming Dao and QiaoEn scenes too, so CUTE!

WHO WANT ME TO SPOIL THE ENDING? HAHAHAHA! J/K

cheeiky
    Unregistered

Yep, I like all the friendship scenes, the romantic scenes and the funny ones as well. I'll be rewatching it soon. Here's some more pictures of YY3+1 to enjoy:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5402/yypromo7ej5.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8995/yy1242yb9.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1962/yymd2po1.jpg')

Actually, YY3+1's ratings are not bad and were at second place after Why Why Love and Romantic Princess (these dramas are strong competitors). I know many out there who really enjoyed this drama.

Junior Member OnlyThIsANdHaPPiNeSs's Avatar

This series isn't all that...I mean, all you "Ming Dao & QiaoEn FANS" gotta admit, you WERE a little disappointed with this series...

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyThIsANdHaPPiNeSs View Post
    This series isn't all that...I mean, all you "Ming Dao & QiaoEn FANS" gotta admit, you WERE a little disappointed with this series...
    I have to agree with this because there is way more to a series than the cast... I just finished this series awhile ago and thought it was ok, but not that great. The plot was not very good, but wasn't horrible either. I like Ming Dao a lot, but must say that this was not his best work.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Junior Member OnlyThIsANdHaPPiNeSs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I have to agree with this because there is way more to a series than the cast... I just finished this series awhile ago and thought it was ok, but not that great. The plot was not very good, but wasn't horrible either. I like Ming Dao a lot, but must say that this was not his best work.
    Hey Trinie! Thanks for agreeing with me! My oh my, I KNEW it that there's someone who will think like me too!!! All my friends say they love this series but I only love it for Ming Dao, although this series isn't all that like his previous ones..

I'll say I only think Ming Dao series that were ever so very popular will be "Prince Frog" and "Magicians of Love" but thats it!