Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ying Ye 3+1 [Starring: Joe (Qiao En), Ming Dao, Jason Hsu, Huang Zhi Wei]

Default Ying Ye 3+1 [Starring: Joe (Qiao En), Ming Dao, Jason Hsu, Huang Zhi Wei]

Ying Ye 3+1 is a new SETTV/TTV idol drama that is scheduled to be broadcasted in Summer 2007. The shooting had started in mid-May. This is a drama reunion for Ming Dao and Qiao En ever since Prince Turns into Frog.

Genre: Lots of action, fight scenes. Love triangles. Comedy.

New Official site: http://www.settv.com.tw/metro/m111/
    Old Official site: http://www.settv.com.tw/metro/m111/guess/

Official blog: http://blog.xuite.net/no159/mybestpals/

"Ying Ye" is the name of a school attended by the the main characters. The story is about 4 friends who grew up together: 3 guys and 1 girl, that's why it's called "3+1".

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.udn.com/2007/5/14/NEWS/MEDIA/3843842-1613710.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.maxparty.com.tw/upload/file/picture/normal/8889650161053924drcv.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.udn.com/2007/5/24/NEWS/MEDIA/3858554-1620773.JPG')

Announced Cast:
    Role - Actor
    Ah Jiang - Ming Dao (Matt Lin)
    Xia Tian - Chen Qiao En (Joe Chen)
    Fang Wei - Huang Zhi Wei (Jerry Huang) (male lead of The Rose)
    Bulu - Hsu Meng Zhe (Jason Hsu) (male lead of In Love with a Rich Girl)

Xiao Han - Liu Zhe Ying (Queena Liu) (female lead of Marry Me!)
    Min Hui - Zhang Xin Yu (Achel Zhang) (female lead of Legend of Star Apple)

Premiere: 7/29/2007 (SUN) 9:30-11:00pm SETTV
    Opening theme sung by 5566
    Ending song sung by Ming Dao & Joe Chen
    Soundtrack out in August
    Last edited by humbeggar; 07-18-07 at 09:58 PM. Reason: updated official website address and other info

Yea, they are currently filming this series... Ming Dao is really busy since 183 will have their concert tommorrow... I hope that it all goes well... I can't wait to see this series... MD will be filming an ancient one with Nicholas Tse and Ken Chu later on this year too... I hope this series will have high ratings like Frog Prince.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

i cant wait either to see this series. hope its really good like frog prince. at least i get to see qiao en&ming dao acting together and maybe they'll have a chemistry in this drama. cant wait......

Ah hahahaha! Ming dao and Qiaoen! YESSSSSSSSSSS! Love them sooooooooo much! OOOOOHH! Ming Dao look so much like a bad boy in here! Hahaha! Cute too! I like the third photo of the pictures you posted up there! Ming Dao looks so cute! Hahaha! Can't wait! Anyone know the summary a little bit more? I would love to hear more from this series!

Hey Trinie! I also can't wait for his ancient series too!
    Last edited by LuvJoJo; 07-01-07 at 03:13 AM.

TO Luvjojo,
    You can go to the Taiwanese series section at www.asianfanatics.net to get more information about this series. It sounds really interesting... I heard that this is also adapted from a Japanese Manga. I can't wait to see Jason/Meng Zhe act since I haven't really seen him act before(in a more leading role anyway). Yea, I can't wait to see him in ancient series since I love ancient series and am getting tired of all these modern series lately...
    I like him with Qiao En too, but I am aiming more for the plot since the plot in a series is one of the most important things to me.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Hey Trinie! Thanks for the link! I read some pretty good stuff on this series lately and it make me can't wait for it even more! I never really like ancient series before I watch Legend of Earth and Heaven~the Mermaid, and Chinese Paladin.. you got any ancient ones you want to recommend me?

The story plot and lines are also very important to me too! hahaha!

Hey LuvJoJo!
    You are welcome and do you have a preference for which company? I see series from ALL companies as long as they are good... I have loved ancient series since I was 5. I have only started liking some modern Taiwanese ones lately, but still only like certain ones. My preference is still ancient series.. Some that I have seen lately and like are:
    -Bi Xue Jian(2006) which is a Jin Yong novel with a great cast!!! Highly recommend it! Starring Bobby Dou, Eva HUang, Sun Fei Fei and others
    -Tian Wai Fei Xian-Starring Hu Ge and Ariel Lin
    -Bao Lian Deng-Starring Echo Shen and Jimmy Lin
    and many others but I am not sure which company you are aiming for. You can PM me and I can recommend other ones to you.

Hey I found a web page where you can look at more of this series photos! Ming Dao look super hot in here!

http://mycricketwholesale.com/cpg141...lbum=45&pos=11

Wow...from the first pic, Qiao En looks awkward standing beside Huang Zhi Wei...I'm kinda looking for something new...like a fresh pairing of Qiao En with Meng Zhe rather than with Ming Dao again. Too bad Ming Dao always gets the girl

Actually, Meng Zhe and Qiao En have paired up before, so I was hoping for her to pair with Huang Zhi Wei. However, I don't mind her being with MD again since they have great on screen chemistry... I just hope the plot and script is good.

im so excited bout this drama mann....yay!!! im a md&qe fan so yea.....hope they have a chemistry in this drama...=D lol. if they really went out then thats awesome....haha. hope it will have high ratings!!! :]

what is the plot of this serie ??
    nice to watch them collaborate again!!!

Thumbs up yay!!

oh my gosh!! yay!! yay!! FINALLY! im so happy they are doing a serie after FROG PRINCE.
    after watchin frog prince
    i cant imagine a better couple!!
    cant wait to watch this =]
    does anyone know the VIETnamese title for this series????
    im so excitedd!!! go MINGDAO AND QIAO EN =]

This series is still filming.. Actually, I was hoping for Joe to pair with either Jason or the other lead instead of MD. It is great to see them together, but it is good for her to pair with other stars too...

wow finally i get to see the couple (qiao en & ming dow) together in another drama after the frog prince ^_^ excited !!!!!!!!!!!!

Just watched 3 trailers of the series. Ming Dao acts very different from his previous roles. The main characters are all so funny and cute! They seem to act much much younger. Can't wait to see it next Sunday. Qiao En's song sounds pretty good too!

Video trailers from official blog
    http://blog.xuite.net/no159/mybestpals/12648268

http://blog.xuite.net/no159/mybestpals/12632663

http://blog.xuite.net/no159/mybestpals/12647508

can someone tell me how old are Ming Dao and Qiao En. Aren't they a tad too old to be highschool students in this new series. Who's that tall guy. he looks like he is 7 ft. too tall for a highschool kid!

Ming Dao is 27 and Qiao En is 28 (my age). Yea, they are a little too old to play high school students, but you know how it is in series... Stars often have to play characters older and younger than their actual age all the time, so it is no big deal. The one that is 7ft tall is Huang Zhi Wei. Some high school kids can be that tall... I had a classmate that was nearly 6 feet when I was only in 5th grade!!

I just watched the frest first episode of Ying Ye on youtube. And it's awesome! The pace is very fast, and there is definitely a very youthful spirit behind the presentation. I like the opening (exchanging treasure part) very much, and I am happy that the series is original, instead of basing on some Japanese manga.

Of course, if you have watched Westside Story (Starring 5566), you can definitely tell that there are similarities between Westside Story and Ying Ye. The action sequence in Ying Ye are not quite as cool looking as Westside, but a bit more funny and exaggerated, which is expected, since Qiao En is a girl and not specialized in stunts as much as Tony Sun. The only problem I see so far for this series might be its ultra fast pace, which can be confusing for the older generation to follow.

The music at the beginning 20 minutes might be a bit too loud and annoying, but it gets better later when you get used to it. (I actually had the same feeling when I watched Prince turned into Frog, J-Star and Warner Music definitely are hard-selling the OST by keep repeating it n-times throughout the drama. But after hearing a not-too-bad tune so many times, it would be hard not to get used to it, and start liking it.)

Can't wait to finally see a real "lip" kiss between Qiao En and Ming Dao, I wonder which episode will have that...

rating for YY 3+1 ep 1 is out.

週六/週日21:30-24:00 (2007.7.29)
    1 換換愛(華視) 3.15
    2 櫻野3加1 (New) 2.58
    3 18禁不禁 (中視) 1.71
    4 黑糖瑪奇朵 (民視) 1.65

from
    http://showbiz.chinatimes.com/Chinat...hartTv,00.html
    Last edited by ladycoco; 07-30-07 at 07:34 AM.