Thread: My Thread(s) taken by someone else!

Exclamation My Thread(s) taken by someone else!

ISSUE RESOLVED!!!
    Last edited by j-walker; 06-02-07 at 06:35 PM.
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

Quote Originally Posted by j-walker View Post
    I don't know what's going on here but I made 2 threads and both of them are taken from someone else. As I was browsing through sections I notice in Global series section that someone has taken my thread or somehow my name just disappeared and was replaced by someone else's name. This sort of feels like plagiarism but without giving credit to that person

Two threads: Your Favorite Genre? from global series discussion
    And one I just posted YESTERDAY "are you a procrastinator?" from technical section

I'm getting really pissed here and there's no one who can give me an explanation. So what's going on here? I don't feel confident in posting any new threads in this site anymore as I know others would just take credit for it. If it continues, I will move out of this forum. Although I really don't want to cause I think this is a great forum site without spam but I can't explain what's going on here. It would be great if anyone would have a look into this.
    What happen is that your new thread probably just so happens to similarly fit a previous question already in the database.

I do recall someone has asked the procrastinator question already.

So your thread got merged with that thread, hence you think yours is deleted.

Moderators do this, so there will not be like so many similar threads out there.

For example:

Are you a Procrastinator?
    Anyone here belong in the PCA (Procrastinator Club of America).
    How much of the time do people in spcnet procrastinate?

Similar threads like these are put into one thread, to lessen the amount of threads out there.

As for your favorite genre, that questions has probably been asked multiple times as well.

Hope that helps...not a moderator, so any further questions I will leave it to a moderator to answer.

Your thread title was "Are YOU a Procrastinator?"

That is the very same question that someone else asked in their poll question as you can see.

Concerning your favorite genre, I can see why you might be more mad.

Even though the poll does not directly say who it belongs to, one always assumes the first post in that thread also created the poll.

Your thread is similar to yearning's thread, so they combined it. The problem with that was yours had a poll. So in doing it, it makes it seems that yearning was the one that made the poll.

If you want to be given credit for the poll, ask a moderator what is going on. If not, it does not matter right?
    Last edited by Felix; 06-02-07 at 12:17 PM.

Oh I understand now...thank you for explaining at least no one was trying to steal in anyway. Yeah, I know I posted multiple times that someone has taken my thread cause I wasn't getting any explanation.
    Last edited by j-walker; 06-02-07 at 12:20 PM.
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

Oh I understand now...thank you for explaining at least no one was trying to steal in anyway. Yeah, I know I posted multiple times that someone has taken my thread cause I wasn't getting any explanation. If possible, can you take out all of the posts that I was ranting on about. Thanks.
    Hey, I am just a helpful spcnet member, I have no moderator status, so hopefully a moderator can do that for you.

Oh I understand now...thank you for explaining at least no one was trying to steal in anyway. Yeah, I know I posted multiple times that someone has taken my thread cause I wasn't getting any explanation.
    you may always use the edit option n write post deleted instead
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Just for clarification on what Felix had said.

When two threads are merged together, no thread is deleted. It's just two threads combined into one thread.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I don't know what's going on here but I made 2 threads and both of them are taken from someone else. As I was browsing through sections I notice in Global series section that someone has taken my thread or somehow my name just disappeared and was replaced by someone else's name. This sort of feels like plagiarism but without giving credit to that person

Two threads: Your Favorite Genre? from global series discussion
    And one I just posted YESTERDAY "are you a procrastinator?" from technical section

I'm getting really pissed here and there's no one who can give me an explanation. So what's going on here? I don't feel confident in posting any new threads in this site anymore as I know others would just take credit for it. If it continues, I will move out of this forum. Although I really don't want to cause I think this is a great forum site without spam but I can't explain what's going on here. It would be great if anyone would have a look into this.
    J-master,

Just to confirm, your thread "Are you a procrastinator?" has been merged into a similar thread started by Suet Sueng either by one of the moderator of the Academia forum, or by our friendly super-mod.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control