Thread: Shadows of The Past

Default Shadows of The Past

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i9.tinypic.com/66l3pmp.jpg')

Shadows of The Past

Starring:
    Ron Ng
    Tavia Yeung
    Raymond Lam
    Michelle Yip
    Leila Tong
    Bosco Wong

[Quote]

“We can all live with happy memories of the past, but real happiness only comes with the acceptance of what reality is today…” -Einstein
    `
    [About The Story]

He was CEO of the biggest fashion chain in Hong Kong. A once naïve young man, was devastated by his last girlfriend, who was paid by his uncle to seduced him. They conspired to annul his authority of the family business. After their scheme was exposed, she was killed in a fatality, leaving him with haunting memories. The once care-free young man was no more, dominated by a cold, heartless shell.

Several years later, the memories began to fade, but his outer shield had not evaporated. Little did he know, fate was toying with him by bringing her, an exact replicate of his first love…

She was beautiful. She was witty. An almost-perfect woman whom many men could only dreamed of. Though she dated many in the past, none of her relationships lasted. He was the single man that truly fascinated her. Maybe it was his cold exterior or his mysterious personality. The more he pushed her away, the more attracted she became. She vowed to woo him, to attain his heart at all cost.

`

[Sub-plots]

His life was taken in order to secured her… how could she forget him, her first love? Until she’s able to face the harsh reality, she will be forever obscure in her own haze.

Lingering in her mind was that single memory. The single night where everything she ever had was gone. Till this day, she’s still unable to forget.

He was mesmerized by her beauty, but devastated by her past. Will he discover a way to reach her heart and piece it back together?

To him, love was always a game where the winning man will get the girl. When he met her, he realized that true love comes with more suffering than joy.

`
    `

Six souls, six hearts tied together by the strings of love and hatred…
    Will they be able to overlook the treacherous past to welcome genuine happiness of a new beginning or will they crumple when facing the harsh reality?

Will they ever overcome the shadows of the past…?

Time will tell as their stories unfold when the wheel of destiny turns…

[Author's Note] This is the first time I post a non-ancient story on spcnet. Hopefully, this will attract readers.
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

Default Chapter 1: Shadows of The Past

A man in his mid twenty stared out into the busy streets as he sipped the hot coffee from his cup. His handsome eyes watched as people passed, friends laughing among each other, lovers clutching tightly to each others hand, intending to never let go. His tender lips arched into sarcastic smile at the facades before him and at the same time, congratulating himself for surviving another night. However, that dry smile soon vanished, replaced by a look of shocking disbelief when a familiar face sauntered by. The cup of coffee tumbled from his grip as his hand found itself at a sudden lost of strength. The scorching liquid bounced from its mug and made its way onto the man’s hand. As sizzling as it was, the victim did not feel a thing as he roughly rose from his warm seat.
    “Mr. Ng-” greeted a waitress as he passed by, but the latter did not heed her any attention as he stormed out the door.

Ron Ng’s head flung in every direction, searching for that face he just saw. To no avail, he clutched his fist in frustration. Could it be just an illusion that his eyes are playing on him? That must be it, that was the only logic. It was just a feeble deception of his stressed mind. It couldn’t be her. The assumption was impossible and completely ridiculous. She was gone. She can never come back, yet he was still haunted by the shadows of the past…

`

“LEILA!” a young boy screamed his lungs out as the ferocious ocean’s waves bounded his weak body. He struggled to free himself, but his strength could not be compare to the tides’ wrath as it enveloped him tightly in its deadly clutch.

“VINCENT! VINCENT! HELP! SOMEONE! HELP!!!” a young girl no more than eight cried vigorously from the edge of the water. No matter how hard she tried to call for help, her hoarse whimpered was broken by the wind’s fierce howl and ocean’s angry grumblings. In the end, she had to watch the ocean swallowed her brother.

“VINCENT!” Leila Tong jerked up from her bed, cold sweats trickling from the side of her head. It was another nightmare…another agonizing remembrance of that day…

“Leila!” a middle aged woman rushed in when she heard her daughter’s cry. Without questioning, Mrs. Tong ran to her daughter’s bedside. Embracing her in her arms, she gently whispered, “It’s okay… it’s okay…everything’s okay…”

“Mom… I saw Vincent… and the ocean… the o-ocean taking him away. Mom… I miss him…” Leila let herself onto her mother’s shoulder as countless tears showered from her distressed eyes.

“Honey, calm down. They haven’t found him yet, that means he’s still be alive somewhere. Don’t cry. Your job interview is today, you can’t go with puffy eyes…” Mrs. Tong reassured her daughter with a soothing smile of a mother while she wiped the wet tears from her daughter’s cheeks.

Leila nodded slightly as she held the tears back and made her way out of bed. Though her eyes were dry, her heart was dripping in pain. As much as she want to let go of the moment, the guilt within prevented her from doing so. Despite everything she tried, she could not bring herself into forgetting it. She was the reason that he’s gone. She could never forgive herself. Never.

`

“You saw her?” a handsome young man, with a slight tan questioned as his eyelids lifted, a sudden sadness clouding over his attractive brown eyes. His companion, who was equally handsome nodded silently.

“Perhaps yours eyes were playing tricks on you…”

“That’s what I thought too… she’s gone… it’s impossible for her to be back…” Ron concurred, pressing down on his lips.

“Try not to think about it too much buddy,” his best friend since high school, Raymond Lam pronounced, padding him on the back. Though Ron Ng created a shell toward everyone surrounding him, Raymond was the only exception. Through the many trials of faith and loyalty, he found this ‘brother’ of his the only one worthy of his trust. The up and downs in life not only did not break them apart, but instead bonded their friendship.
    “Oh yeah, I almost forgot that I have a meeting in an hour… I’ll talk to you later,” explained Ron as he made his way to the door of Raymond’s apartment.

“Alright then, have fun at your meeting!” Raymond waved goodbye with a lopsided grin as he closed the apartment door behind him.
    Ron began his path down the empty hallway, a million thoughts trailing in his mind. Though he managed to convince himself that it was an illusion, doubtfulness still ran in his mind. Could it be another twist of fate? Could she possibly be alive?

As Ron Ng made his way into his car, a red convertible strolled pass, carrying that same familiar face. Could it be another delusion? He knew that his only answer lied within that convertible. Without hesitating, he immediately pursued it…

Tavia Yeung cheerfully hummed to the song playing on the radio. After four long hours of dull and tedious work, she finally had a chance to escape the company for some relaxation. She smiled elatedly as the soft summer breeze massaged against her face and blew her long black hair back. Her eyes sauntered to the rear mirror to examine her fresh perm curls swaying in the wind. To her astonishment, she discovered that a silver Mercedes was trailing her. Grinning amusedly, Tavia instantly made a change of direction and headed toward the left. The handsome driver in the silver car followed.
    The young woman, no more than twenty five snickered while pulling her car to a stop and parked in the outer lane. Pulling her D&G sunglasses from her face, she hopped off the convertible and gracefully made her way up to the silver Mercedes. Assuming that the man in the Mercedes was just another one that wanted her number, she daringly knocked on the door of the Mercedes. When the window rolled down, Tavia found a attractive young man starring back her. His eyes trembled in utter shock while he gawked at her in disbelief.

Believing that he was just embarrassed, she chuckled slightly at his reaction and briefly introduced herself, “Hi, I’m Tavia. Why don’t you call me sometimes.” After handing him a piece of paper with her phone number, she winked while looking at him for the last time before heading back to her car. Having the qualities that she did, she was never shy when it comes to guys. Being totally oblivious to who the stranger was, he was just another man who was interested in her.

Ron watched as the young woman called Tavia elegantly strolled back to her convertible, her beautiful hair dancing behind her. How was it possible that two different people could look so much alike? Beside the way she carried herself, her every structure resembled Tonya’s. Ron pinched himself, secretly hoping that he was dreaming. But cringed when he realized it was all real.

Once Tavia was seated into her car, a slight quivering moved her thigh. Taking notice to the sudden vibration, she pulled out her phone. When she saw the name of the caller, she immediately flipped open her Gucci razor, “Michelle! You‘ve finally called, where have you been, the family was so worried about you… I almost went to Australia to search for you!”

“Tavia, I’m at the airport at the right now. Can you come pick me up?” uttered a distressed yet familiar voice.

“Why didn‘t you call me earlier? I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.”

As the red car drove out of sight, Ron gazed at the feeble piece of paper in his hand. His handsome eyes, once clouded with anxiety emerged into raging flames as he tore the paper to pieces and gruffly toss it out the window. Anger burned inside as he thought of the woman who betrayed him, the woman who looked exactly like Tavia… Enraged by fury, he impatiently crushed his gas petal and rotated his car…

`

Leila Tong gulped nervously as she sat crossed leg inside the grand company of Pure Dream Corporation. She told herself that she must obtain this job at all cost.

“Leila Tong, Mr. Wong would like to see you now,” announced the secretary as she placed her phone down. Leila nodded politely in returned and entered the unlocked door.

“Good afternoon Mr. Wong,” she managed to smile weakly. The good-looking young manager took a quick glance at her. Like all men, the first thing he noticed was her appearance. Though she could not be considered beautiful as the many women he dated, she was no doubt very cute with her round face and large eyes. He grinned amusedly at her timidity and ordered her to sit down.

“So Miss Tong, you graduated from a fame designing school in England? What makes you think you have the qualities that our company require?” inquired Mr. Wong.

“I am a very diligent person who’s very interested in designing. I believe I meet your company’s standards. Here are some example of my works,” replied Leila, pushing her nervousness to the back of her mind while handing the manager a few designs. Mr. Wong inspected her skill and proceeded to challenge her with a series of question which she managed to replied intelligently.

“Alright then Leila, I’m delighted to inform you that you’re hired,” Mr. Wong smiled after hearing her last respond.

“Thank you, I’m looking forward to work at Pure Dream!” beamed the elated girl who had not had a smile like this since her college graduation.

“By the way, there’s one more thing…call me Bosco from now on, Mr. Wong makes me sound a bit old. Don’t you think?”

Leila nodded with a timid smile and excused herself, excited to tell her parents of her newly gain job. With this occupation, she will be able to make enough money to add to her saving account. Then she’ll be able to search for her lost brother.

`

Tavia frantically searched the crowded airport for her sister. She beamed ecstatically when she caught sight of her older sister. The woman of twenty six with long dark brown hair stood dazedly in the middle of the crowd, unsure of where she was heading. Confused and lost in her own world, she stood there motionless as a statue.

“Michelle!” Tavia shouted as she raced to her sister and greeted her with a tight embrace.

“Tavia,” the latter smiled back weakly, her eyes red with tears.

“What’s wrong?” inquired Tavia when she noticed the broken smile on her sister’s face.

No longer able to hold back her tears, Michelle burst out crying, “Tavia, he’s gone! Don’s gone…”

“Brother-in-law? Michelle, what are you talking about!?” exclaimed Tavia while attempting to wipe the tears from her sister’s wet cheeks.

“He’s gone because of me…Tavia, it‘s all my fault…”

Confused and lost, Tavia began to open her mouth, attempting to ask for answers, but quickly halted when she saw that her sister was losing her consciousness as she crumpled to the floor…

`

Raymond Lam sunk back into his sofa. He heaved a long sigh. Instead of going out on his one day off, he was here at home watching TVB sitcoms. Great. Just a perfect way to spend his day. He complained inwardly. Why can’t he get free days on the weekend instead like everyone else? These times are one of the few when he despised being a cop.

Home alone, he had no other activities beside being a potato coach with his beef jerky and soda ready at hand. Out of the blue, the sound of a ringing phone tinkled across the room. Immediately, he rushed to the phone, secretly wishing that it wouldn’t bring some excitement. He wasn’t asking for much, just a bit to light up his dull day.

“WHAT?!” he shrieked after hearing out the person on the other end. He dreaded ever wishing for excitement. Guess it’s true when people say ‘be careful of what you wish for because it might come true.’ Raymond Lam groaned as he quickly got dressed and dashed out the door.

`