Thread: A.m.n.e.s.i.a

Default A.m.n.e.s.i.a

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.geocities.com/calypsogurl/amnesia.jpg')

A.m.n.e.s.i.a

Starring:
    Gillian Chung
    Edison Chen
    Kenny Kwan
    Charlene Choi
    Nicholas Tse

An accident leaves her with no memories of the past...
    Will that be the end of their story?
    Or is it just the beginning?

http://calypsogurl.blogspot.com/2007/06/amnesia.html

----------

Please support and give me your constructive criticism. Thanks!
    Last edited by calypsogurl; 06-11-07 at 10:07 PM.

Default Chapter 1

"Morning Gill, you're early today, recognizing the familiar male voice coming from behind her, Gillian's lip instinctively curved upwards; after all she's been visiting Kenny, her psychiatrist once a week for the past two years since losing her memory after a car accident.

Right after the accident, she went through periods of paranoia and confusion; doing nothing more than hiding in her room all day. The world around her was strange and unfamiliar, even her younger twin sister, Charlene felt like nothing more than a total stranger to her. Exhausting all other options, Charlene finally took her to see Kenny, a psychiatrist that worked at the same hospital where Charlene worked as a nurse. Slowly, Kenny brought her out of her shell and back into the real world.

He tried to help her regain her memories but unfortunately, despite how hard she tried she couldn't recall any thing from the past; it was as if her mind has been wiped clean. All she knew of herself came from what Charlene told her. Whenever she asked her twin sister about the past, the latter wasn't very talkative especially when their conversation reached the events of the last few years. Charlene only encouraged her to accept her amnesia and begin a new life for herself. Perhaps, it was because Charlene didn't want to be reminded of the death of their parents that occurred just a few years ago.

Regardless, Gillian has grown to accept her amnesia and taken Kenny's advice, to create new memories for herself instead of dwelling on a past she can't remember.

"Morning Kenny," Gillian said, turning her face to greet her psychiatrist, together the two continued to walk to his office.

"How's work lately? Busy at community center?" Kenny asked while settling on a seat adjacent to the sofa Gillian sat rather than sitting behind his desk, for which made Gillian extremely grateful. Kenny's friendliness and light-hearted conversations made her look forward to their meetings, he never intimidated her like other doctors she had visited before. He treated her like a friend, rather than a patient.

"It's been a bit hectic. We're trying to start a new after school program for elementary school children," her eyes sparkled as she explained, hardly able to contain her enthusiasm. To her, her job at the community center was more than just work; it brought her back from the emotional chaos that had once surrounded her after the accident. It gave her life a purpose.

"I see, but remember not to over work herself," Kenny smiled, pleased to see her doing so well.

"Don't worry I won't. Besides, Char won't let me, she calls me every five minutes if I'm not home by six every night," her smile beginning to falter at the thought her younger twin sister's smothering concern. "Sometimes, I wish she would stop treating me like I'm helpless. I know she cares a lot about me but I don't want to be treated like I'm disabled just because I have amnesia."

"You have to understand, Gill, Char almost lost you once, she's bound to be a bit overprotective. Anyway, tell you what, I'll have a talk with Char the next time I see her," Kenny promised, receiving a grateful smile from Gillian.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Steven, pass me the wrench," Edison's voice echoed from underneath the car. Waiting a good minute, still not to see a wretch pass to him, "Steven!" he screamed again. He moaned, sliding himself out when he once again received no answer from Steven.

"Where is that fool?" he muttered irritably under his breath, looking around the small garage. He didn't have to wonder long when Steven walked out of the back room adjusting his pants.

"Sorry about that Ed...umm...my girl stopped by before...and well you know," Steven grinned, mischievously.

"I really rather not know, please don't enlighten me. Just pass me the wrench," Edison replied dryly, ready to slide under the car again.

"Come on, Ed. It's been two years since you've had a girl, you can't stay a monk forever. Forget about Gill, she's gone," Steven said, kneeling by the side of the car, ready to pass Edison another tool.

Edison didn't bother to reply. He knew quite well that his friend was only concern for him but some things couldn't be helped. He'll never forget the day he met Gillian.

- - - - - flashback begins - - - - -

"Who do you think you are, huh? Speeding down the street like that? You almost killed my sister!"

Edison smiled amused by the feisty girl in front of him. Her hair was barely passed her shoulders; when the wind blew her bangs away from her faces, it revealed the most captivating pair of eyes he's ever seen. The plain white tank top and short pink skirt complemented her figure perfectly.

Like usual, he was speeding down the streets, he hadn't expected a girl to suddenly run across the virtually empty street; luckily he was able to stop his car in time. Another girl immediately ran over to examine the first girl, who stood motionlessly inches from his car and rushed over to scream at him.

"If you want an apology, come to XXX street tomorrow night,' he said, before shifting gears and swerving pass the two girls, leaving them to stare at his car speeding away. He's not sure why he invited the girl to watch him race tomorrow night but it's been a while since anyone had the guts to scream at him. It was rather amusing.

- - - - - flashback ends - - - - -

A grin appeared on Edison's expressionless face. He could still recall how spunky Gillian was that day, for a girl her petite size, she held a lot of spirit within her. Gillian was definitely one of a kind; he's never met anyone like her before and probably never will. She always had the ability to bring a smile to his face regardless the circumstances. She also knew how to infuriate him like no tomorrow.

God, if only she was right there beside him now. All the restless nights he spent chucking beer after beer, trying to ease the ache in his heart, trying to forget her, only to remember her even more vividly. When was his torture going to come to an end?

------------------------------

http://calypsogurl.blogspot.com/2007/06/amnesia.html

Default Chapter 2

"Tomorrow night's race is very important, make sure you get there on time," he heard Nicholas say. Barely listening, Edison's eyes wandered around blindly on the crowded streets ahead as he sat quietly in the passenger seat, while his friend drove.

Illegal street racing was his job, thriving on the excitement and speed; he was one of the best racers around. But even that was losing its appeal to him, nothing appealed to him anymore, not since Gillian left him.

http://calypsogurl.blogspot.com/2007/06/chapter-2.html

Default Chapter 3

Gillian heard a light knock at her door just as the bright orange marble she was examining slipped from her hand, into the huge glass jar that sat next to her bed. There was no particular explanation for her fascination in marbles but filling her room with various sized and shaped glass jars filled colorful marbles gave her comfort.

Appearing at the door in her burgundy flannel pajamas was Charlene, holding a cup that Gillian guessed was warm milk. It was her sister's ritual to drink a cup of warm milk before bed each night to ensure a peaceful slumber.

http://calypsogurl.blogspot.com/2007/06/chapter-3.html

Default Chapter 4

Kenny automatically looked up when he detected a familiar light lavender mist permeating the air of his office. "Morning Gill," he greeted the in-coming patient.

Gillian returned a smile but her face was rather pale and her eyes lacked their usual twinkle. Since her recent accident, the same bewildering dreams have plagued her each night, flooding her mind with confusion and uncertainty.

http://calypsogurl.blogspot.com/2007/06/chapter-4.html

Default Chapter 5

Disoriented, Gillian peered up at the stranger and immediately flustered to apologize, "I'm sorry." Embarrassed by the sudden encounter, she gathered herself and turned; ready to walk away when she felt a tight grip on her wrist.

"Gill," the voice was soft and full of yearning.

Gillian's heart froze, at the same time an odd sensation ran through her body.

The voice. When had she heard that voice before?

http://calypsogurl.blogspot.com/2007/06/chapter-5.html

Default Chapter 6

Charlene stood looking blankly at Gillian's bedroom door, contemplating whether to knock or not. How could she not have known that the truth would eventually be revealed? No secrets were ever kept forever.

Finally her hand formed a fist and made contact with the door. After a minute there was still no answer from the other side. Hesitantly, her hands reach for the knob; with a gentle twist she found the door was unlocked. Peering into the room, she found Gillian seated on the floor next to a huge glass jar that was up to her shoulder in height, her eyes staring at the colorful marbles inside.

Approaching her sister slowly, she noticed Gillian's watery eyes and flushed cheeks. She vaguely heard Gillian murmuring words of guilt and self-blame.

http://calypsogurl.blogspot.com/2007/06/chapter-6.html

Default Chapter 7

"This beach..."Gillian trailed off, realizing she was standing at the very place she had dreamt of.

"We used to come here after my race to watch the sunrise," Edison explained, appearing on her right. His eyes were looking straight ahead, as if their past selves were right before them.
    In fact the distant memories were replaying before his eyes.

http://calypsogurl.blogspot.com/2007/06/chapter-7.html

Default Chapter 8

The sky was dark as could be but the street well lit by the lampposts that ran along the side as well the headlights from the dozens of cars parked in the area.

Gillian watched as Edison sped off in his black Ferrari. Nicholas must have sensed her nervousness when he gave her reassuring smile, "Don't worry, Ed will be fine."

http://calypsogurl.blogspot.com/2007/06/chapter-8.html

Default Chapter 9

"You are looking well today," Gillian smiled in acknowledgement of Kenny's comment; inwardly she sighed at the thought of how much her life has changed in the last few weeks since discovering the truth about her past. She felt like she had aged years.Regarding her parents' deaths, her guilt had finally subsided, realizing that the fact could never be unchanged.

Furthermore, she didn't want to repeat the reckless behavior that had lead to her amnesia and caused unspeakable agony for the ones that loved her. The best way to correct her wrongs were to make the best of her life, it would have been what her parents wanted her assured herself.

Along with making peace with herself, she had also made peace with her sister. Her relationship with Charlene had improved immensely as there were no longer secrets to hide. She felt closer to her twin sister than ever. The tension that once weighted their home had dissipated. They finally laughed and talked, as sisters should.

http://calypsogurl.blogspot.com/2007/06/chapter-9.html

Default Chapter 10

Gillian pressed her hand against the window, staring through her soaked lashes at Edison lying unconsciously on the other side of the ICU room. Several layers of bandages wrapped around his head, his face was unusually pale; he looked eerily at peace in his deep slumber. The only sign of life was from the machine next to his bed that registered his heart wave and beeped in unison with his heartbeat.

Charlene stood next to Gillian, placing a gently grip on her upper arm, helping to support her fragile body.

http://calypsogurl.blogspot.com/2007/06/chapter-10.html

Default Chapter Ending

Consciousness was slowly pouring back into his body as he became aware of the strong light that was being shined into his pupils, one after another. Slowly, he could detect the commotion around him as he heard the many voices that penetrated his ears; some were calm and collected while others were worried and fearful.

When he finally mustered enough strength to open his eyes, he found himself surrounded by a crowd of men and women all dressed in white, each smiling in relief."Welcome back Mr. Chen," one man said with a big grin, "for a second there we thought we lost you."

http://calypsogurl.blogspot.com/2007/06/ending.html