Thread: TVB Show - Wuxia Heroes

Default TVB Show - Wuxia Heroes

Great stuff. Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEVPQLhggIQ
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Hahahahhahahaahaha that was hilarious! YG lost his balance at the end, and GJ looked so tired after the fight.
    Last edited by GuGu; 06-14-07 at 12:39 AM.

Adam Cheng looked the most impressive. Easily one of the best looking swordsman. He just moves the sword so nicely. Tony Leung just looked pathetic. haha i love HSDS 86 and Tony is awesome and all, but his fighting skills on screen are pretty bad. He looks the worst when doing forms. eeesh
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

That's so wrong. Guo Jing doesn't fight with a sword or any weapon at all. The only weaponry he uses is a bow and arrow.

Yeah, Adam as Chor Lau Heung (Chu Liu Xiang) is awesome. As much as I like Andy Lau and his portrayal of Yang Guo, Yang Guo vs CLH, hahaha CLH ffor the win!

dang, That spearsman in white, is a little off. I mean, his wielding of the spear is awful. It looks sloopy.

EWWWWWWWWWWWW! Lydia Shum had to walk in at the end. Yuck!
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 06-12-07 at 04:55 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    That's so wrong. Guo Jing doesn't fight with a sword or any weapon at all. The only weaponry he uses is a bow and arrow.

Yeah, Adam as Chor Lau Heung (Chu Liu Xiang) is awesome. As much as I like Andy Lau and his portrayal of Yang Guo, Yang Guo vs CLH, hahaha CLH ffor the win!

dang, That spearsman in white, is a little off. I mean, his wielding of the spear is awful. It looks sloopy.

EWWWWWWWWWWWW! Lydia Shum had to walk in at the end. Yuck!
    Well Gou Jing does use a sword every now and then, but not that sword. That one was a "Do". Wu Yut Do should be using that instead.

As for the guy in white, that's Tong Gai. Okay he wasn't the best performer there, but he's a excellent choreographer. There's a reason why all those guys there have to follow his lead.

I must say it's rather surreal seeing the 1980s TVB versions of Gwok Jing, Yeung Gor, and Cheung Mo Gei standing all together on the same stage.

If I didn't know better, I would have thought I'd accidentally inhaled some burning crack...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I must say it's rather surreal seeing the 1980s TVB versions of Gwok Jing, Yeung Gor, and Cheung Mo Gei standing all together on the same stage.

If I didn't know better, I would have thought I'd accidentally inhaled some burning crack...
    I know! When I first saw this clip I thought i was on crack too. I love this stuff.

I'll be on crack to see the 80s' Yeung Gor(Andy Lau) calling the 90s Siu Long Nu(Carmen Lee), Gugu.
    And then they sing! Yes, She sings too.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NRXaqw-qWy0
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Ahhh....those good old days when we get to see really good Mo Hap series from TVB. Even the themesongs are so memorable.

Even though some of the heroes' live performance is a little off

Adam Cheng is the best in the clip and I think he's the oldest among them right? Wow. The clip really shows the best actors playing the individual heroes but I feel that Ray is a better Wu Fei (I prefer Felix's version as the father).
    Last edited by BearBearNweather; 06-12-07 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    I know! When I first saw this clip I thought i was on crack too. I love this stuff.
    Of course, this being done live rather than carefully staged and edited, the various flaws and bloopers were rather embarrassing to watch.

There's been a thread going on at the Wuxia Forum about whether or not wuxia is dorky. In its own context, not necessarily, but when you see one of these "TVB live martial arts demonstration shows," the corn and cheese factor go *way* up.

I wish youtube would show the whole thing.....

:-(

yeah actually all of the fighting was actually slow and not well choregraphed..but cool having them all come out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    yeah actually all of the fighting was actually slow and not well choregraphed..but cool having them all come out like that.
    Yeah, well, they were all actors, not martial artists. In the actual series, they can fall back on stunt doubles, but not the case here in a live show.