Thread: (old series) Mystery of the Parchment ft. Canti Lau, Kitty Lai, Gallen Law

Default (old series) Mystery of the Parchment ft. Canti Lau, Kitty Lai, Gallen Law

Anyone seen this old series?

Gallen plays a royal Mongolian decendant and Canti plays the role of the last prince of the Song Dynasty which was over thrown by the Mongolians and established the Yuan Dynasty. Gallen tries to find the parchment that will allow him to overthrow the current Mongolian khan.

Kitty plays the Senior Martial sister of Gallen.

Anyone know what year it was released?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Em or anyone,

The themesong of this series heard in this clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D96i4dZ0xCE

I think I heard this song before, I'd venture a guess that it maybe one of the songs Kevin Cheng sang long time ago. Can anyone confirm?

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

a little island east of america and west of europe

Chinese name for this series: 天龍奇俠 - release year was 1991.

I think the theme song was sung by Gallen. Kevin Cheng was probably still at school when this was on.

Quote Originally Posted by Em
    Chinese name for this series: 天龍奇俠 - release year was 1991.

I think the theme song was sung by Gallen. Kevin Cheng was probably still at school when this was on.

Really? I can't be sure. It doesn't sound 100% like Gallen or Kevin to me.

Maybe this would help--a screencap:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media.pixpond.com/xcyu4e.jpg')

a little island east of america and west of europe

Yup it's definitely Gallen.
    Like I said, it's a bit early for Kevin - he only came on the scene around 1993 ...

Thanks for the confirmation Em!

It was a good series and funny too. Gallen's character wasn't as great instead I was more interested in Canti's character. Gallen's character was kind of flat and boring, besides that life goal of finding the parchment, there was just nothing else he lived for. I think they should've developed his story a little bit more.

And the two girls for Canti, I remember there was like episode 11-13 Kitty didn't appear and they focus on On Yuet Fung a little too much. Although Canti's character said he loved them both equally, the girl that Canti loved most was Kitty. In fact, the other girl was more like a friend to him than a lover or wife.

Default Mystery of the Parchment

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chaule.net/covers/seriesDVD/179.jpg')

Gallen Lo
    Kitty Lai

Does anyone have information about this series? I am a huge Kitty Lai fan and saw this series in Vietnamese but have no recollection of the plot. A synoipsis or a review would be great. THANKS!
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://members.aol.com/xsol4realx/private/ltv.jpg'), '')

Yeah, I have a thread on it with the only other person posting in it is Em. You can join if you like.

http://208.109.28.33/forums/showthread.php?t=19188

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Thanks for the confirmation Em!

It was a good series and funny too. Gallen's character wasn't as great instead I was more interested in Canti's character. Gallen's character was kind of flat and boring, besides that life goal of finding the parchment, there was just nothing else he lived for. I think they should've developed his story a little bit more.

And the two girls for Canti, I remember there was like episode 11-13 Kitty didn't appear and they focus on On Yuet Fung a little too much. Although Canti's character said he loved them both equally, the girl that Canti loved most was Kitty. In fact, the other girl was more like a friend to him than a lover or wife.
    WOO HOO! thanks for the info. But who ends up with who romantically? is it a happy ending?
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://members.aol.com/xsol4realx/private/ltv.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by Withoutasol
    WOO HOO! thanks for the info. But who ends up with who romantically? is it a happy ending?
    Hey Withoutasol,

You've been a member of this forum for even longer than I have been but your appearance is rare.

You want spoilers, eh? Or in your case a refresher.

First, Gallen and the actress that pairs up with him, has a sad ending. I watched this two months ago so I'm beginning to forget the details, but she dies either to save him from her father or to commits suicide to stop Gallen and her father from fighting.

Well both the two girls who liked Canti had became sworn sisters and in the end they sort of left Canti because either of the girls didn't want to risk their sisterly relationship and then Canti decided to go to this branch of the Beggar clan who's branch leader is a beautiful woman and he pretends to be getting married with her. But whenboth Kitty and the other girl found out, they got so mad and decided to crash the wedding or wedding night. And it turns out both the girls got tricked and so in the end Canti's character ends up marrying both Kitty and the beggar clan's daughter.

Wink

I thought Stephen Chow was in this series too ???

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Hey Withoutasol,

You've been a member of this forum for even longer than I have been but your appearance is rare.
    i dont really watch any of the new series thats why i dont drop by that often. i like watching older series from the mid-late 80's and early 90's from tvb. i happen to like atv series from the 90's on up however.

thanks for the info though.

my mommie just bought this (: i`ll share details after (: sounds political so far. my mom likes old series too & she`s rubbing off on meee, cuz most of the series i`ve seen are from the 8o`s & 90`s
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Hey Withoutasol,

You want spoilers, eh? Or in your case a refresher.

First, Gallen and the actress that pairs up with him, has a sad ending. I watched this two months ago so I'm beginning to forget the details, but she dies either to save him from her father or to commits suicide to stop Gallen and her father from fighting.

Well both the two girls who liked Canti had became sworn sisters and in the end they sort of left Canti because either of the girls didn't want to risk their sisterly relationship and then Canti decided to go to this branch of the Beggar clan who's branch leader is a beautiful woman and he pretends to be getting married with her. But whenboth Kitty and the other girl found out, they got so mad and decided to crash the wedding or wedding night. And it turns out both the girls got tricked and so in the end Canti's character ends up marrying both Kitty and the beggar clan's daughter.

the other girl, was part of the beggar clan right? the one in green-- when he first met her right? ... i like canti & kitty, their cute (; i liked how they developed a relationship in the tomb, when they were going to rob it but met their new friend.

i finally finished. (; gosh i'd have to say the ending was not at all,how the series built it up.

1 the bad guy - doang phi dan (i dunno the spelling) he died because his wife/student killed him. i waited for the epic battle! hello. i mean come on! to me, kitty & canti practiced the martial arts they learned for NO reason.

canti married BOTH!? in the whole series, i never really felt love between him & begger girl 1. i mean that did not go together, i knew she liked him too. gosh..

ending horrible.

&& gallen i dunno. i knew he wasn't gonna take over his thrown again, but that's sad he didn't realized that until minh minh died (btw. what's the actress's name?)