Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which's Your Favorite Spcnet Duet/Group/Solo Songs? or Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Did I ever say such a thing? I don't remember stating that many members had criticised my singing. 0-0-0, you took me too seriously - I just wanted to pick on GuGu.

As for my voice/song, if GuGu dear ever finishes mixing, anyone curious can listen to our supermarket song and find out what this loud, obnoxious girl named Sparky sounds like
    Sparky dear, since everyone wants to hear your voice...... maybe I should just post your voice!?!?!??!?!!!

Anyone who wants to hear Sparky's voice, raise your hand!!!!

Hand raised, 2 of them, for Sparky's voice; does this count. After all, its very fair, for everyone, as I had my fair share of bad/good outtakes on my singing.
    Last edited by mind_wander; 06-17-07 at 03:33 PM.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    Sparky dear, since everyone wants to hear your voice...... maybe I should just post your voice!?!?!??!?!!!

Anyone who wants to hear Sparky's voice, raise your hand!!!!
    mee meeee mEEEEE so there you go.. three people now
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

add me in *raises hands*
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

WHAT?!? When did this start? GuGu, post anything you want but don't post my HORRENDOUS SUPERMARKET SONG!!! That was a five-minute recording!!!

All right, I think two months is long enough for waiting time! I spent approximately three minutes today (worse than the last time) recording a short clip of me singing "On My Own" from Les Miserables. I don't think many of you are interested (and good for those who aren't!) but for those who are I'll relent. If no one wants to listen, even better

OMG I AM SO GOING TO REGRET THIS.

IMO, it sounds slightly better (actually it's probably worse since I spent less time on it) than the Supermarket song, but I'm not kidding when I say that I don't sing very well. I'm not responsible for any breaking windows, etc.

click to show/hide spoilers
    Click
    Click again
    Keep clicking
    Click again
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SK7164CZ

It took me a while to get through those spoiler tags...but it's in there somewhere!
    Last edited by Sparky; 06-18-07 at 08:40 PM.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

WHAT?!? When did this start? GuGu, post anything you want but don't post my HORRENDOUS SUPERMARKET SONG!!! That was a five-minute recording!!!

All right, I think two months is long enough for waiting time! I spent approximately three minutes today (worse than the last time) recording a short clip of me singing "On My Own" from Les Miserables. I don't think many of you are interested (and good for those who aren't!) but for those who are I'll relent. If no one wants to listen, even better

OMG I AM SO GOING TO REGRET THIS.

IMO, it sounds slightly better (actually it's probably worse since I spent less time on it) than the Supermarket song, but I'm not kidding when I say that I don't sing very well. I'm not responsible for any breaking windows, etc.

Click
    Click again
    Keep clicking
    Click again

It took me a while to get through those spoiler tags...but it's in there somewhere!

humble sparky
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

First person that offers me cash will get to hear it.

Click
    Click again
    Keep clicking
    Click again

That was about 5 clicks... when all I had to do was a 'quote' to reply and the freakin' link just appears.

it sounds great dear. I prefer you to sing english songs- not that your chinese pronunciation is terrible, just that you have a peculiar way of pronouncing certain words. Same thing with sugar's chinese vowel sounds at times and Kidd also has a cute little quirk in her pronunciation of some words.

wheres sparky's entry? where can we hear it?
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    just that you have a peculiar way of pronouncing certain words.
    Well thanks! I prefer singing in English too (although not the supermarket song - GUGU DON'T YOU DARE). I don't think my speaking Chinese pronunciation is atrocious - it's worse when it's sung. It's just that you have to modify vowels when you sing and obviously living in an English-speaking country, I have more experience on how to modify vowels in English than in Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by big master View Post
    wheres sparky's entry? where can we hear it?
    lol you had to click the spoiler tag. You could've either clicked it five times or done it the smart way.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

I don't think my speaking Chinese pronunciation is atrocious - it's worse when it's sung. It's just that you have to modify vowels when you sing and obviously living in an English-speaking country, I have more experience on how to modify vowels in English than in Chinese.
    it's not atrocious, but you have a little s/sh and z/zh pronunciation
    For some reason, i feel more comfortable singing chinese than english even though i've lived outside china all my life.

Sparky,

Its ok, I make mistakes in my singing in Chinese, also. Give it a try to singing in English, probably pretty soon more people gonna sing in English anyways. I already sung, like Somewhere over the rainbow, depending when Sugar gonna post it up; along with Tong Hua. Unless, waiting for more people to upload theirs, then upload all of them at once; maybe saved in a private collection pile, who knows.
    Last edited by mind_wander; 06-19-07 at 12:17 PM.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

What part of China are you from, 0-0-0? Beijing?

By the way, I was always hoping to hear some Aussie accents in your singing! I don't think it's very evident...it's quite obvious when Jesse Spencer sings though

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander View Post
    Sparky, Its ok, I make mistakes in my singing in Chinese, also.
    lol I don't take offense because 0-0-0 is anal when it comes to Chinese pronunciation (let's recall the SHE remarks). The only place where the difference between s/sh exists for me is when I'm typing Chinese! I'm just glad she didn't go all SHE on me.

along with Tong Hua.
    OMG you sang Tong Hua? I love that song...I cried when I saw the MV. No idea why because it was so unrealistic (I got a nose bleed...OMG I'm going to die).

By the way, thanks people for the remarks about my singing clip. I know you're all lying but thanks for at least lying to make me feel better
    Last edited by Sparky; 06-19-07 at 12:34 PM.

What singing clip Sparky, I never able to hear your sample. All I hear, hmm let me recall, the blank silence, no offense. Unless, you can send me a sample clip. Also, i did heard aussie singing before, it was very well done; quite nice and very harilous; of course depending on the person.

We all take criticisms from all different directions, my is too low or the BGM overrided it; I explained this with my online friend Stanley. Also, we did sing the song Tong Hua live together; we were singing all over the place. Since it is not recorded, who cares lets sing and have fun.

For people trying to do a group:

"Say it Right"- Shakira- this is done by 9 people on youtube singing this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0MLWg7mdvg ; people are getting more and more creative these days, much better than me. Yeah, this is real singing challenged; something I would never think of doing.
    Last edited by mind_wander; 06-19-07 at 12:40 PM.

[QUOTE=Sparky;714435]

lol I don't take offense because 0-0-0 is anal when it comes to Chinese pronunciation (let's recall the SHE remarks). The only place where the difference between s/sh exists for me is when I'm typing Chinese! I'm just glad she didn't go all SHE on me.

QUOTE]

I agree Reminds me of a this friend I had who i head butted for saying i pronounce " wei shen me" rather than "Vei shen Me"
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

OMG you sang Tong Hua? I love that song...I cried when I saw the MV. No idea why because it was so unrealistic (I got a nose bleed...OMG I'm going to die).

By the way, thanks people for the remarks about my singing clip. I know you're all lying but thanks for at least lying to make me feel better

You totally stole my line. I once posted that too. Tong Hua makes me cry. And thanks to someone and his friend for singing it live, it was very ...... *giggly* hahahahha

Sparky, I can't download your clip at all. What is wrong with it?

To Sugar - it's supposed to be "vei shen me"? Haha I didn't even know that until you just mentioned it. Then why in God's name do they spell it out "wei shen me" in pinyin?!? Anyway, wei shen me sounds better! I think mispronunciations in Chinese should just be considered "accents."

You totally stole my line. I once posted that too.
    Sparky, I can't download your clip at all. What is wrong with it?
    Which line? The nose bleed one?

Nothing's wrong with it for me...do you want it emailed dear?

Which line? The nose bleed one?

Nothing's wrong with it for me...do you want it emailed dear?

The 'it makes me cry' line. hahahaha

Nevermind, I just remembered how to use megaupload now.

I must ask, you're becoming another 'sugar' to me. send me more songs!

[QUOTE=Sparky;714465]To Sugar - it's supposed to be "vei shen me"? Haha I didn't even know that until you just mentioned it. Then why in God's name do they spell it out "wei shen me" in pinyin?!? Anyway, wei shen me sounds better! I think mispronunciations in Chinese should just be considered "accents."

QUOTE]

I don't know either.. I think she said that in chinese there is not " w" sound.. it is a "v" sound but for some reason pin yin made it "w"

The 'it makes me cry' line. hahahaha

Nevermind, I just remembered how to use megaupload now.

I must ask, you're becoming another 'sugar' to me. send me more songs!
    YAY! OFf the hook
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post

YAY! OFf the hook
    Neve said you were! Do you like Mariah Carey? I'm thinking of a song ..... called My All.