Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best scene ever made in a TVB series(canto only)

1983 version of Return of the Condor Heroes:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SC6z3PCP8Ro
    Have you come here to play Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo07 View Post

Such an awesome scene haha.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Wow, I love this thread. Please post more scenes!

I'm tempted to upload some scenes - but is this sort of thing legal? I can understand themesongs being rather harmless, but proper scenes stretching out over more than 5 minutes seems a bit too close to the line for my liking. Or is it generally accepted?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I'm tempted to upload some scenes - but is this sort of thing legal? I can understand themesongs being rather harmless, but proper scenes stretching out over more than 5 minutes seems a bit too close to the line for my liking. Or is it generally accepted?
    Im not sure if it's legal or not, but everybody does it. I spend a lot of money on TVB stuff, so im pretty sure they won't be after me haha. I personally think it's okay if you upload scenes. I just can't accept ppl uploading a whole series. There's actually ppl that watch a whole show on Youtube. That's retarded.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

have you guys noticed that some of the "best scenes" that people post are from 1980s to early 90s??

Geeez.....what does that tell you about today's series?? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by QF View Post
    have you guys noticed that some of the "best scenes" that people post are from 1980s to early 90s??

Geeez.....what does that tell you about today's series?? :-)
    haha true, but this one i found was very good from a recent series:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kxr88bMaFcI

It's rare to find a good scenes these days, but Ha Yu is a great veteran and delivers when asked.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post

It's rare to find a good scenes these days, but Ha Yu is a great veteran and delivers when asked.
    Man, there are so many good scenes in HOG. I love that series.

One scene that always sends chills down my spine every time I watch it is the scene in HSDS 86 where Simon Yam found out that his wife has lied to him, grabbed the sword by the blade with his bare hands and stabbed himself with it. That suicide was so emotional.

I prefer this version more.

Too bad I cannot find the canto version.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=248345
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I prefer this version more.

Too bad I cannot find the canto version.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=248345
    I'm kind of a Louis Koo fan, but he couldn't pull this off. He doesn't fit in wuxia roles. Andy's look totally sold the pain he was in and when he said he was gonna come back for revenge, you could see it in his eyes that he wanted to kill that biatch haha. I bought the DVD for Against the Blade of Honour because I remember it being quite good when I was a kid. Boy was I wrong. Another lackluster role by Louis.

I'm kind of a Louis Koo fan, but he couldn't pull this off. He doesn't fit in wuxia roles. Andy's look totally sold the pain he was in and when he said he was gonna come back for revenge, you could see it in his eyes that he wanted to kill that biatch haha. I bought the DVD for Against the Blade of Honour because I remember it being quite good when I was a kid. Boy was I wrong. Another lackluster role by Louis.
    Agreed. I re-watched Condor Heroes not so long ago & he was absolutely terrible in it. His acting seemed force & unnatural. He only really started getting good when he got his tan LOL.

BTW, what's happened to this thread. No more classic scenes Please continue................

Agreed. I re-watched Condor Heroes not so long ago & he was absolutely terrible in it. His acting seemed force & unnatural. He only really started getting good when he got his tan LOL.

BTW, what's happened to this thread. No more classic scenes Please continue................
    Yeah I got kinda lazy with the ripping. I'll do soe more when i have time.

Not really a memorable scene, but I though this would be the appropriate thread. I ripped this recently and I just love how Wong Hung Sau fights in her scenes. She's also easy on the eyes

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3CQKCzjFzHA

It's hard to decide. There are so many memorable scenes from different various TVB Series. I can't think of any at the moment but here are my 2 favourites.

- In HSDS 86 Where Simon Yam commits sucide. The scene was amazingly done and at the same time, very strong & emotional. Watching this scene always shreds tears to my eyes. Simon Yam did a splendid job!

- In ROCH 95 When Carman & Louis reunite. I personally think this is the best scene out of all the adaptions. It was beautiful and touching. I could feel and sense the pain and suffers through Louis's expressions. It gave that "feeling" ;]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AnfUuPEUpiQ

Great thread. I have many scenes in my mind. Posts coming.

I agree Ken, the sympathy direction they went for Yeung Hong's death worked well because his character was always stuck between good and evil. There's good in him, but his evilness took over.

Check out this scene. It still sends chills down my spine. The electricity can be felt just because of these 2 "high hands". The music was excellent:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pVcfx77HPbw
    Thanks for the clip! Cool. The music was awesome Yeung Kwan and Patrick Tse are such brilliant performers.

I could not also forget that scene where Yeung Kwan's character was tortured by Cheok Li (that actress by the surname of Tsang). After that, the scene of a helpless Yeung Kwan struggling out there in the rain was classic. Cheok Li is arguable the most outstanding female villain in the history of TVB series.

Kudos must also be given to Yeung Pan Pan for that death scene with Yeung Hong in Legend of the Condor Heroes. The way she cried, my goodness, I also got teary-eyed.
    Last edited by Jirehmy; 12-17-07 at 07:06 AM.

Looking for these scenes:

Lor Sei Hoi's (Patrick Tse's) first duel with Sau Tai Cheen (Lau Siu Meng) in Shell Game 2

Lisa Wang's betting her life against Lau Siu Meng in Shell Game 2.

Kwan Hoi San's death scene in Man In The Net (The Good, the Bad and the Ugly). I remember it as very touching.

Chow Yun-Fat sent to jail in Man In The Net (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly), especially that part when his tears came out.

Simon Yam's and Dodo Cheng's death scene in Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre.

Tam Bik Wan and Lisa Wang in Yesterday's Glitter (Keng Wah Chun Mong) - Lisa Wang leaves the family.

Chow But Tong (Chun Wong) teaching Kok Cheng (Felix Wong) some kungfu in a cave in Legend of the Condor Heroes.

Wong Yuk See (Kenneth Tsang) meets Hung Chat Gung (Lau Dan) in Legend of the Condor Heroes.

Lee Mok Sau duels with Wong Yung (Au Yeung Pui San) for Wong Yung's daughter in Return of the Condor Heroes.

Damian Lau reunites with Lisa Wang in Yesterday's Glitter (Keng Wah Chun Mong).

Siu Lung Nui (Idy Chan) and Yeung Gor (Andy Lau) practises "kungfu" around the bushes.

Kew Fung (Lau Kar Yan) discovers that he mistakenly killed Wong Hang Sau in Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils.

Now for some less talked about scenes:

Chan Mun Yee confesses her love to Cheung Siu Fai after several drinks in Siblings of Vice and Virtue.

Mui Chew Fong's death scene (being forgiven by Wong Yuk See) in Legend of the Condor Heroes.

Build up to the scene where Carina Lau eventually cries when Felix Wong calls her and tells her of his love relationship with Kathy Chow in Looking Back in Anger.

Law Lan gets into an intense verbal fight with Margie Tsang's mother in Police Cadet 85

Seems like a must-see series.

Ending for A Matter of Customs. Series sucks but this part is so memorable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLIgNN6DDDc

Also, i really love this scene. Don't know why but i just think it is so rare to have a scene whereby the characters just talk to each other like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zEjfeZ3V_w