Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best scene ever made in a TVB series(canto only)

Quote Originally Posted by Jirehmy View Post
    Lor Sei Hoi's (Patrick Tse's) first duel with Sau Tai Cheen (Lau Siu Meng) in Shell Game 2

Right actor, but wrong character. In THE SHELL GAME I, Patrick Tse played Lo 4 Hoi, but that character became blinded and retired at the end of THE SHELL GAME I. In THE SHELL GAME II, Patrick Tse played a different character: Tao 1 Siu, and he was the one who took on (and lost to) Sau Dai Cheen.

In THE SHELL GAME II, Cheuk 1 Fu died shortly before the beginning of the series, but the final fate of Lo 4 Hoi was never addressed. Lo 4 Hoi was mentioned several times in THE SHELL GAME II when the characters discussed the great gambler kings of the past, but the character's current status was never discussed. Presumably, he was still alive and living happily in retirement in Singapore with Tam Siu Tong (Liza Wang's character in THE SHELL GAME I) as he said he planned to do at the end of THE SHELL GAME I.

As a kid, I always wondered why the older Tam Sing in THE SHELL GAME II didn't see Tao 1 Siu and think to himself, "Hmmm...this Tao 1 Siu guy reminds me of first gambling teacher, Lo 4 Hoi. They look exactly alike!"

Ken Cheng!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upload some of the shell game on youtube!!!!

QF

Quote Originally Posted by QF View Post
    Ken Cheng!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upload some of the shell game on youtube!!!!

QF
    I only have the SHELL GAME on VHS, and I don't have the equipment or know-how to rip from VHS to an uploadable file. Maybe someday, after the DVD is released.

Kok Cheng's 18 palms:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngTRCOZQ7KU

Used to think it was so cool - practised it at home a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Right actor, but wrong character. In THE SHELL GAME I, Patrick Tse played Lo 4 Hoi, but that character became blinded and retired at the end of THE SHELL GAME I. In THE SHELL GAME II, Patrick Tse played a different character: Tao 1 Siu, and he was the one who took on (and lost to) Sau Dai Cheen.
    Yes, I got the name wrong. I must also mention that Sau Dai Cheen (played by Lau Siu Meng) is one of the best villains ever.

Yes, I got the name wrong. I must also mention that Sau Dai Cheen (played by Lau Siu Meng) is one of the best villains ever.
    By the way, which is better?

Patrick Tse in Shell Game 1 or Shell Game 2?

Lisa Wang in Shell Game 1 or Shell Game 2?

By the way, which is better?

Patrick Tse in Shell Game 1 or Shell Game 2?

Lisa Wang in Shell Game 1 or Shell Game 2?
    I liked their SHELL GAME I characters better. Lo 4 Hoi (THE SHELL GAME I) was a much more respectable and likeable man than Tao 1 Siu (THE SHELL GAME II). Lo 4 Hoi was a very accomplished gambler, but he was also a very generous, kindhearted man who thought of others first before himself. When things turned against him, he was discouraged for a time, but he bounced back strong on his own and didn't give in to despair. Tao 1 Siu, by comparison, was too egotistical. It was always about his ego, and when he met defeat, he fell into despair and became an alcoholic, turning his back on his family and friends and wallowing in hopelessness. I had respect for Lo 4 Hoi, but not so much for Tao 1 Siu.

Liza Wong's character in THE SHELL GAME I (Tam Siu Tong) was more memorable than her character (whose name I don't even remember; See Ling, or something like that) in THE SHELL GAME II. Both were strong, independent women, but Tam Siu Tong was more charismatic and fully developed. See Ling was depicted as being a bit goofy at first, and although she grew out of that, that image stuck.

Lau Siu Ming was great at doing these creepy, sinister villains (such as Sau Dai Cheen and Deun Yin Hing from DGSD '81). His museum of severed hands was downright chilling.

How about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3QKFt9vI-I

A couple of notes: when I made this video, I didn't know that Taoist Yang is actually spelled Taoist Wang(his last name in Vietnamese is the same last name as Yang Kang). We know what Wang connotates, so the question is, would I have used that name if I knew that's what he's called? Probably not. Don't want to ruin the moment with such a reference.

I also have the Cantonese version and Athena's pronunciation sounded like she was saying Jing Guo Guo. After I made the video, I found out that the spelling is actually Jing Gege. I made the correction in my other videos, but honestly, I probably should have stuck with this phrase. It sounds better and more original, even though it doesn't make a lot of sense(though if you're American, which is who I was hoping to attract with this video, you probably wouldn't know anyway, and just assume it's an endearing term.)
    Last edited by tp222; 12-18-07 at 05:58 AM. Reason: wrong name

Since the title says Cantonese only, might as well add the Cantonese version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpUpIunxpc

Her expression at the end is priceless.

Since the title says Cantonese only, might as well add the Cantonese version
    NIce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good one!!!

Athena Chu is really cute as Huang Rong!!!!!

Me Like, Me like

I think this could be considered one of the best scenes ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bqnGE2KWdM

My opinion is that a hero hits that condor

I love this scene from Romantic Swordsman 78. Nothing really happens of note, but with that soundtrack in the background it just makes Li Xunhuan and Shangguan Jinhong look so good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBC63dI2R0Y

i love this thread dearly but too bad all the video has been removed because TVB is such a *****.

so much nostalgia. wish there is a way i can revisit these videos.

I don't recall seeing a scene where Chai Kiu Jeng(Kenneth Tsang) actually commited suicide or it's the scene where he held the gun on the side of his head and about to shoot and then Hou Nam(Deric) tried to ran towards him, all of a sudden you hear a gun shot as they switched scenes? So I actually never seen him dead?