Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
200 Pounds Beauty
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: 200 Pounds Beauty

  1. #1
    Senior Member Raenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    310

    Default 200 Pounds Beauty

    Anyone watched it?? I think it's one of the quite good Korean movies out there.Funny and touching OST very nice as well

    Though I'm not very supportive of PS,I think it's a good decision on Kang Hanna's part to undergo PS coz she's really fat and ugly and she's getting ostracized just becoz of that.Oh shuxxs...she has a really gorgeous voice

    Just curious,for u guys and gals out there,would you have find those ppl who undergo PS "dirty and disgusting"??And as a result shoo yourself away from them and never will consider them for yr gf/bf?? As quoted in the movie,guys are ok with PS but will never want their woman to be the PS one.True??



  2. #2
    Senior Member ChestNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    omg.. i absolutely HEARTTTT this series.. ^^ she can sing well too!!!
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

    YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

  3. #3
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Is the two women above actually one and the same woman?

    I think plastic surgery is okay if the person faced an accident that destroyed their original face but I wouldn't condone someone who just wanted to articially make themselves beautiful or to lose weight that way when they could've exercise and work hard at losing weight the natural way. Well, unless they're totally obese and at the point they have to lose weight fast or their life is in danger because their obesity then that would be okay for them to do PS. but PS would normally be a last resort.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 06-14-07 at 11:44 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  4. #4
    Senior Member ChestNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Is the two women above actually one and the same woman?
    yea...!!!

    actually i dun mind PS if u can look THAT good.. lol... who cares if she has any PS or not right.. just as long as it doesn't look too fake.. (ps, dunno whether the actress had any PS or not.. i'm talking bout her character..) and hopefully their face don't collapse on them.. then again.. not many people will go under such drastic surgery.. not many surgeons will do it either..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

    YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

  5. #5
    Senior Member CanDEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    LA-LA Land
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    i thought this was a good movie....
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

  6. #6
    Senior Member sunnysnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,259

    Default

    I found the movie very average despite all the hype about it. The fat/ugly and plastic surgery/weight loss theme has been dealt before in several other films so i didnt find the plot very original and the humour was average as well. Compared to "My sassy girl" (which it's supposed to be as successful as), I find MSG more original and funnier.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 06-16-07 at 06:51 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

    Wise Fool

  7. #7
    Senior Member tuoimongmo2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    992

    Default

    i felt the same way.. i dont know what the hype is about for this movie.. the girl even won an award for it..i didnt think it was that great of a movie..
    it has a such a mix message...that girls should get PS to make their life better.but at the same time dont loose your self identity.. i personally dont have anything against PS but truthfully it looks fake most of the time..
    eg my best friend had a nose lift.. you can totally tell..but it did made her happier..that's what counts right.. as for me.. i woulnd't want to spend the rest of my life worrying if a ball hit my nose..it would tilt to other side and i have to get it fix again..
    p.s. i just know this fact..it's quite useful.. anyone who wants breast ehancements..you have to take it out every 10 years to put in the new one bc foreign object in your body for too long can be extremely harmful

  8. #8
    Senior Member lilviet_grl8o8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Posts
    590

    Default

    they`re the same person? no way, that's some GOOD photoshopping to get the two in there. but her teeth doesn't look the sameeeee.

    so what is this movie about? i hope she didn't get it to impress the guy... O.o
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

  9. #9
    Senior Member Sunlight_zero36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Middle Age
    Posts
    2,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    they`re the same person? no way, that's some GOOD photoshopping to get the two in there. but her teeth doesn't look the sameeeee.

    so what is this movie about? i hope she didn't get it to impress the guy... O.o
    Actually, she did get surgeries to impress the guy. It's a decent movie, at least for me. I enjoyed the songs furthermore. The main girl, kind of resembles Jessica Alba, or is it just me ? o.o
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -


  10. #10
    Senior Member lilviet_grl8o8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Posts
    590

    Default

    i dont think she looks like jessica alba.

    she did it to impress the guy?! whatt??! blah. i dont feel like i want to watch it.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

  11. #11
    Senior Member sunnysnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    6,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    i felt the same way.. i dont know what the hype is about for this movie.. the girl even won an award for it..i didnt think it was that great of a movie..
    What?! Frankly her acting was very average..raw and stiff even, at times. There are tons of K-drama actresses who are much better than her.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

    Wise Fool

  12. #12
    Registered User yearning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Her acting was okay I think. The role wasn't very challenging..she was supposed to be loveisck, clumsy, idealistic, and innocent. She did just that.

    This movie is SERIOUSLY overhyped! 10x overhyped. Honestly, what is so great about it? I barely laughed once..at least lame rom-coms like "My Tutor Friend" can squeeze 1-2 laughs out of me. It basically has the same message as Shallow Hal, etc. where ugly women turn beautiful, and then you're not supposed to judge obese people, and the ugly/fat girl doing the real singing for the talentless supposedly good looking singer (god Amy was ugly) is an overplayed plot too.

    I basically took away nothing from this movie. The only redeeming factor were the catchy songs..Kim Ah Jung has an amazing voice. Otherwise, this movie was so average that comparing it to My Sassy Girlfriend, who has a lot more depth, is an insult to the latter. I can think of at least 5 more movies right off the top of my head that beat this one.

  13. #13
    Senior Member ChestNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36 View Post
    Actually, she did get surgeries to impress the guy. It's a decent movie, at least for me. I enjoyed the songs furthermore. The main girl, kind of resembles Jessica Alba, or is it just me ? o.o
    i wont say she did it to impress the guy.. she did it because she's already 'dead'.. rmbr? lol.. she hit such a low bottom which drives her to do it, to get her life back..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

    YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

  14. #14
    Senior Member Sunlight_zero36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Middle Age
    Posts
    2,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    Her acting was okay I think. The role wasn't very challenging..she was supposed to be loveisck, clumsy, idealistic, and innocent. She did just that.

    This movie is SERIOUSLY overhyped! 10x overhyped. Honestly, what is so great about it? I barely laughed once..at least lame rom-coms like "My Tutor Friend" can squeeze 1-2 laughs out of me. It basically has the same message as Shallow Hal, etc. where ugly women turn beautiful, and then you're not supposed to judge obese people, and the ugly/fat girl doing the real singing for the talentless supposedly good looking singer (god Amy was ugly) is an overplayed plot too.

    I basically took away nothing from this movie. The only redeeming factor were the catchy songs..Kim Ah Jung has an amazing voice. Otherwise, this movie was so average that comparing it to My Sassy Girlfriend, who has a lot more depth, is an insult to the latter. I can think of at least 5 more movies right off the top of my head that beat this one.
    I completely agree with you.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -


  15. #15
    Senior Member lilviet_grl8o8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Posts
    590

    Default

    wait, is that the same girl?
    does that mean she got plastic surgery in REAL life?
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

  16. #16
    Senior Member ChestNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    wait, is that the same girl?
    does that mean she got plastic surgery in REAL life?
    nono.. it's just a fat suit...
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

    YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

  17. #17
    Senior Member Sunlight_zero36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Middle Age
    Posts
    2,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    wait, is that the same girl?
    does that mean she got plastic surgery in REAL life?
    No and yes. It's just photo shopped, but she did have plastic surgeries in real life too.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -


  18. #18
    Senior Member Raenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36 View Post
    No and yes. It's just photo shopped, but she did have plastic surgeries in real life too.
    How do u know she haf plastic surgeries in real life?? Just becoz she's also a korean??

  19. #19
    Senior Member lilviet_grl8o8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Posts
    590

    Default

    so it's not the same girl....
    oh o i seee.
    people were saying it's the same girl.
    OoO
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

  20. #20
    Senior Member ChestNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    so it's not the same girl....
    oh o i seee.
    people were saying it's the same girl.
    OoO
    er.. the actress played those two characters (not really two cos they are the same person reli).. from fat to slim..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

    YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Similar Threads

  1. 200 Ways to Tell You are Addicted to TV Series
    By spcnet in forum Global Series Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-09, 05:40 PM
  2. anyone belive in the theory "camera add 10 pounds?"
    By warlock110 in forum Tech Squad
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-09-07, 03:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •