Thread: Cell phone service signup experts?

Default Cell phone service signup experts?

Situation: I want to add a line for my mother to my existing services (which requires a 2 year contract). I would like my mom to use my current phone, and I will purchase a new phone for myself to switch to. My new phone (which requires a 2 year contract, not sure if it overlaps with the "new line" contract), ordered via the service provider's website, will arrive after 10 days, but I want to add the line immediately before my new cell phone arrives. When my new phone arrives, it will replace my current phone, and my current phone will be given to my mother, at which time she will register it to be used with the new line.

My provider is Cingular/AT&T. I've talked to several representatives on the phone, but they seemed not to understand the exact issue. I was not able to get ahold of a representative on a personal visit.

Do you know whether what I'm trying to do is possible? Any advice?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

My service provider is T-Mobile. I was in the same situation as you are and if you want to add a line (Family plan ?) for your mom, you will need to do it in person and not over the phone. Your service provider will need to have some kind of proof showing that you are the account holder and if you are in the middle of your 2 years service, you will have to start all over with a new 2 years service contract(if applicable) when you add another line and keeping the service.

And as far as changing phones so your mom can have yours and you can get a new one. With T-Mobile we can just take out our memory chip and put it in the new phone. I don't know if AT&T has that.
    Last edited by GuGu; 06-16-07 at 06:34 PM.

yes, cingular and AT&T use "smart chips" which is equal to t-molbile's SIM card. i think you can just take it out and switch it among the phones. one you do that you should get your old number back and your mother, the new number.
    im not sure how you add a new line immedialtely since you only have one phone, but if you go to a cingular/at&t store they would open one up for you immedialtey.
    The best part of believe is the lie.