Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [Horikita Maki, Oguri Shun, Ikuta Toma, et al.]

for some reasons, japanese dramas seem to be more intersting than taiwan ones (light-hearted ones) even if the story is the same...i actuali think that taiwan's hana kimi is fun n entertaining but this one seems a lot more exciting...dunno y
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Yes, very lucky!

um, I hope you know you've posted the same link twice.

oh ..did i? I didn't intend to...ractify that later...

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Yes, very lucky!

um, I hope you know you've posted the same link twice.
    This link...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM6TTRXIGYo&NR=1

Just watched the first episode, it's pretty good! Oh, I think they took out Miyuki's best friend role 'coz she cut her own hair, wasn't her American best friend like in Manga.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Quote Originally Posted by tinac View Post
    Just watched the first episode, it's pretty good! Oh, I think they took out Miyuki's best friend role 'coz she cut her own hair, wasn't her American best friend like in Manga.
    They should not take her out....I love that role in the Taiwanese version...she was the perfect sparring partner for Xiuyi.

Quote Originally Posted by tinac View Post

Really? that's sad!!
    I love Julia's character in the taiwanese one. She and xuiyi were awesome in the series.

Just watched the first episode, chinese subbed, out on btchina.

Some thoughts...

Spoilers ahead

I think the comedic moments were pretty well done; a little over the top and manga-like, a couple of cringe-worthy moments here and there but pretty entertaining overall. And I do think the random bullying during Mizuki's first day in class seemed abit forced, particularly the falling basin. Nothing much about how the story is heading at this point, as expected since it is only the first episode.

Surprisingly I like Horikita's performance as Mizuki, yes I was expecting to dislike her instantly and dropped Hana Kimi after one episode. Oguri Shun as Sano is a little too cold for me, granted his character is the silent and cool type, but not feeling good vibes from him as the moment. Perhaps he need to appear more for me to warm up to him, his scenes and lines were rather limited in the first episode. Toma as Nakatsu was a blast, I really enjoyed his performance, was keeping my eyes peeled for him throughout the show. The side story about his grandmother passing away was really well done, Toma was convincing as the grandson who obviously cared alot but refused to admit it in front of others.
    Oh, point to note... I really like Toma so I am probably abit bias here....

I have thoughts about the other characters too, but I think I'll save it for another post, this reply is long enough already. Overall I enjoyed the first episode, I hope the show keeps up being entertaining and not fall into the category of over-hyped and over-rated jdramas. Looking forward to the second episode, from the preview, things are moving pretty quickly

On a side note, I am a bit peeved about the constantly neat/tidy/stylish hair... come on, nice hair after running a marathon? Nice hair after a good night's sleep?

Just checked the ratings, only 15+%, a little surprised, I thought the ratings would be around 18% for the first episode and then dropping from the 2nd episode onwards.

BTW, saw a big poster of this series at Shinjuku station .... and the cast had been appearing in many shows to promote the series.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Quote Originally Posted by L4love View Post
    Really? that's sad!!
    I love Julia's character in the taiwanese one. She and xuiyi were awesome in the series.
    you cannot be more right! I would never forget how she went 'Gay Dude' to Xiuyi LOL..ha ha....ha...

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts View Post
    Just checked the ratings, only 15+%, a little surprised, I thought the ratings would be around 18% for the first episode and then dropping from the 2nd episode onwards.
    I am surprised too...really hard to fathom what makes TV audience watch a drama....I cannot help but link to how can prodai be the highest rated drama last season?!....and a good drama like Haikei did not do well....completely bewildered.....

returning to this the main topic...I heard that the first episode's pretty good but since my sister will be devoting her time and computer space to Yamada....I don't think I will get to see this until the whole serial is aired and released on DVD.
    Last edited by strawberry; 07-04-07 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    you cannot be more right! I would never forget how she went 'Gay Dude' to Xiuyi LOL..ha ha....ha...

"Yellow Monkey" LOL

hmm will wait for all the episodes to come out before watching it. ANyone know how often they're released? For those who did watch the first ep, how does it compare with the taiwanese one or manga?

^Not sure what you mean... raw episodes would come out weekly while the Chinese hard subs usually come out one day later, English subs tend to vary. The first English soft subs are out on d-addicts, not sure when or if the show will be hard subbed.

I only watched bits and pieces of the TW version, nothing much to compare here, I not too fond of Ella as Mizuki and the members of Farenheit, can't really bring myself to watch the show actually. As for comparing the jdrama to the manga, most of the characters differ from the manga version, the feel is not quite there, I guess it is pretty much impossible to replicate or even come close to the manga version. So the best way to watch the show is not to think about the manga too much and enjoy it as just another jdrama.... at least that's what I attempting to do right now.

Horikita Maki looks like she has some serious black eyes here......must be lack of sleeping from drama fliming..

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Just watched the first episode, chinese subbed, out on btchina.

Some thoughts...

Spoilers ahead

I think the comedic moments were pretty well done; a little over the top and manga-like, a couple of cringe-worthy moments here and there but pretty entertaining overall. And I do think the random bullying during Mizuki's first day in class seemed abit forced, particularly the falling basin. Nothing much about how the story is heading at this point, as expected since it is only the first episode.

Surprisingly I like Horikita's performance as Mizuki, yes I was expecting to dislike her instantly and dropped Hana Kimi after one episode. Oguri Shun as Sano is a little too cold for me, granted his character is the silent and cool type, but not feeling good vibes from him as the moment. Perhaps he need to appear more for me to warm up to him, his scenes and lines were rather limited in the first episode. Toma as Nakatsu was a blast, I really enjoyed his performance, was keeping my eyes peeled for him throughout the show. The side story about his grandmother passing away was really well done, Toma was convincing as the grandson who obviously cared alot but refused to admit it in front of others.
    Oh, point to note... I really like Toma so I am probably abit bias here....

I have thoughts about the other characters too, but I think I'll save it for another post, this reply is long enough already. Overall I enjoyed the first episode, I hope the show keeps up being entertaining and not fall into the category of over-hyped and over-rated jdramas. Looking forward to the second episode, from the preview, things are moving pretty quickly

On a side note, I am a bit peeved about the constantly neat/tidy/stylish hair... come on, nice hair after running a marathon? Nice hair after a good night's sleep?

I've just finished ep 1 as well, and my opinion is almost the same as yours! I really like Nakatsu. Over all, I think he's the best for this episode. Sano was a little too angsty at the beginning, but then towards the ending of the episode, I like him much better. And Mizuki was just wonderful, not too much of the "over acting".
    This drama is really fast paced, and they improvised many of the scenes nicely.
    It is entertaining, but maybe I just held to much expectation towards it, therefore, it is not as good as I hope it would be. But still, I am entertained and am looking forward to ep 2

click to show/hide spoilers
    My fav scene would be the part where Nakatsu was grabbing Mizuki's chest and yet still didn't realize she's a girl. She sounded so dissapointed as if Nakatsu thought she's a flat-chested girl.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Oh hey, I didn't realize there's a spoiler option available!!

Just for the fun of it

I agree the story is moving pretty quickly, jdramas usually do since most of them are around 10 to 12 episodes. Alot of the manga was just about random day to day life happenings in the dormitories, with alot of side stories about the character and day to day interactions of the characters. I hope the drama would follow suit, I love the stories about Umeda Sensei, Kayashima and Nakao.... though at this point, I think Kimura Ryo is really miscasted as Nakao

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Oh hey, I didn't realize there's a spoiler option available!!

Just for the fun of it

I agree the story is moving pretty quickly, jdramas usually do since most of them are around 10 to 12 episodes. Alot of the manga was just about random day to day life happenings in the dormitories, with alot of side stories about the character and day to day interactions of the characters. I hope the drama would follow suit, I love the stories about Umeda Sensei, Kayashima and Nakao.... though at this point, I think Kimura Ryo is really miscasted as Nakao
    yes! my sentiments exactly. unfortunately, I don't think he's "pretty" enough to be Nakao. in fact, i saw quite a number of the students who are prettier than him. But his acting are alright, I guess. I saw him only once on Nodame. I think he was better there than here on HanaKimi.
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.