Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [Horikita Maki, Oguri Shun, Ikuta Toma, et al.]

OMG! Mizuki's brother is soooooooooooooooooooooooo handsome looking! He really looks good, better than his Taiwanese counterpart.

I like the OP theme of the drama too. And maybe the ED theme too.

Nakatsu is cute.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 07-22-07 at 02:08 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    OMG! Mizuki's brother is soooooooooooooooooooooooo handsome looking! He really looks good, better than his Taiwanese counterpart.

Nakatsu is cute.
    Do you have a picture of him?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Do you have a picture of him?
    Hee-hee, OKay, Maybe there was a slight over-reaction. To me, he looked attractive but then you notice his small build and short height, LOL. I looked up his info and turns out he was in Nobuta Wo Produce. And I was like wait, I don't remember seeing him in there. Ah, then I saw a picture of him in that role. He was Kame, Yamapi and Maki's teacher.

And so he's not that handsome as I said before. Whoops. But certainly not ugly.

Screencap from Ep 03

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i15.tinypic.com/4pt5e92.jpg')

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Hee-hee, OKay, Maybe there was a slight over-reaction. To me, he looked attractive but then you notice his small build and short height, LOL. I looked up his info and turns out he was in Nobuta Wo Produce. And I was like wait, I don't remember seeing him in there. Ah, then I saw a picture of him in that role. He was Kame, Yamapi and Maki's teacher.

Screencap from Ep 03

The brother has a rather slight, slender build. I was very amused with the way he walked with a skip in his step. What's with that anyway?

I somehow find the subplot threatening to overshadow the Mizuki-Nakatsu-Sano moments at times. But the most annoying to me are the Blossom 4 girls. Why does it seem that every school manga adaptation has to have such inclusions?

Screencap from Ep 03

i know I think he looked too old to be Mizuka's brother.....heheheh

Suet..are you enjoying this series like I am?
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

the storyline for this one is totally different from the taiwanese one. there's nothing alike except for the characters.

but i'm actually enjoying the series. so far so good.
    Last edited by L4love; 09-01-07 at 04:15 AM.

Actually, I thought the role of the brother was a good guest-role for Yamapi since many people seem to also think Maki and Yamapi both have big eyes and kind of look like brother and sister.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    i know I think he looked too old to be Mizuka's brother.....heheheh

Suet..are you enjoying this series like I am?
    He looked too old to be Mizuki's brother? Um, he is playing the OLDER brother, so of course, he's suppose to be older. Mizuki is playing a high school student and I suppose Shizuki is a doctor so I think he's about 10-12 years older because studying to be a doctor takes a long time.

I'm enjoying the drama so far. Haha, I repeatedly watched the scene where Nakatsu Shuichi almost kissed the sleeping Mizuki. Hahaa..Nakatsu is so cute, "Hey, are you coming on a little bit strong?" "What the....you're asleep!" He Looks around and tries to kiss her but at the crucial moment their picture is taken and he chases after the camera girl. Hahah...And the moment he found the bra and underwear he was dancing on the table and singing...I almost roll out of my chair and laughed till it hurt. Hahaha...

Someone said this Sano is more moody and sullen but isn't that how he's suppose to be before Mizuki "changes" him?

He looked too old to be Mizuki's brother? Um, he is playing the OLDER brother, so of course, he's suppose to be older. Mizuki is playing a high school student and I suppose Shizuki is a doctor so I think he's about 10-12 years older because studying to be a doctor takes a long time.

I'm enjoying the drama so far. Haha, I repeatedly watched the scene where Nakatsu Shuichi almost kissed the sleeping Mizuki. Hahaa..Nakatsu is so cute, "Hey, are you coming on a little bit strong?" "What the....you're asleep!" He Looks around and tries to kiss her but at the crucial moment their picture is taken and he chases after the camera girl. Hahah...And the moment he found the bra and underwear he was dancing on the table and singing...I almost roll out of my chair and laughed till it hurt. Hahaha...

Someone said this Sano is more moody and sullen but isn't that how he's suppose to be before Mizuki "changes" him?
    In the taiwan version, the older brother was a medical student with the best grades in the whole of Havard medical school. so which is closer to the manga description, the taiwan version or the jap version?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    In the taiwan version, the older brother was a medical student with the best grades in the whole of Havard medical school. so which is closer to the manga description, the taiwan version or the jap version?
    Oh, I don't think I've read the manga that far. And I'm not sure if the older brother in the Japanese version was an actual doctor or not. He just said he was in Japan for like a medical seminar or something. I have to rewatch ep 3 and check.

I first watched it for Oguri Shun but Sano is kind of a boring character to have to play. He has some back story that's taking really long to unfold, in the mean time Nakatsu who thinks he might be gay. It's so funny especially when you know who the "guy" he's interested in is.

Quote Originally Posted by bach_ngoc17 View Post
    I first watched it for Oguri Shun but Sano is kind of a boring character to have to play. He has some back story that's taking really long to unfold, in the mean time Nakatsu who thinks he might be gay. It's so funny especially when you know who the "guy" he's interested in is.
    Many times even in the Taiwanese version, I wanted Mizuki to come on to him and kiss him and see how his reaction would be. In Episode 3, he almost stole a kiss. HAHA

Oh,come on, its only episode 3, Sano doesn't open up that easily, if he opened up and revealed himself that easily, then we wouldn't have to wonder and Mizuki's trying to help him high jump again would be too easy to achieve.

The doctor here, looks cool, but I kind of expected a twentysomething year old bishie with longish hair like Ekin Cheng but here he looks like he's a thirtysomething doctor. But I think his acting makes up for it. Is he wearing gray contact lens?

The doctor here, looks cool, but I kind of expected a twentysomething year old bishie with longish hair like Ekin Cheng but here he looks like he's a thirtysomething doctor. But I think his acting makes up for it. Is he wearing gray contact lens?
    Yeah Dr Umeda's so cool. I was utterly amused with the way he treated Mizuki's brother. He's my highlight of Hanakimi besides Nakatsu. He acted as a doctor in another drama sometime ago called Kimi ga Oshietekureta Koto and he looked so different, almost unrecognisable back there. And he was in the NHK taiga Komyou ga Tsuji last year too. I think his contacts look violet or peacock blue.

Can you believe he's in his 40s?

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts View Post
    Yeah Dr Umeda's so cool. I was utterly amused with the way he treated Mizuki's brother. He's my highlight of Hanakimi besides Nakatsu. He acted as a doctor in another drama sometime ago called Kimi ga Oshietekureta Koto and he looked so different, almost unrecognisable back there. And he was in the NHK taiga Komyou ga Tsuji last year too. I think his contacts look violet or peacock blue.

Can you believe he's in his 40s?
    Yes, I can believe he's in his 40s. He sure doesn't look young anymore but there's a certain aura he carries which make him attractive despite his age.

who is Sano's brother ???
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    who is Sano's brother ???
    sano's brother was cute.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Daito_Shunsuke

apparently some guy named daito shunsuke

Yes, I can believe he's in his 40s. He sure doesn't look young anymore but there's a certain aura he carries which make him attractive despite his age.
    Yep I absolutely agree!

click to show/hide spoilers
    Sano warms up to Mizuki in Ep4 and just as she's contemplating throwing in the towel, she finds out what he's been doing all the nights he's gone out and come back late. Looks like they'll be apart in Ep5.

I liked Ep4, especially the scenes with Nakatsu, Mizuki and Sano hanging out together. In all, it was a nice change from the antics of Ep3. And Nakatsu was adorable as he schemed of ways to get close to Mizuki.

Oh one more on the eye candy list: Sekime.

Nakatsu is cute.
    Mizuki's brother in the Taiwanese version was really dorky-looking. But i guess it's supposed to go with his Harvard medical school look. Though there are quite a bit of nice-looking doctors out there too.

I like ORANGE RANGE's Ikenai Taiyou too. I like it more than S.H.E's Zen Me Ban. I'm not too big on Otsuka Ai's Peach end theme though.

Nakatsu is more entertaining than Sano. I'm adore Shun and all but i guess that's the way the characters are supposed to be.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts View Post
    Finally, the appearnce of Shirota Yuu (also known as Yamapi's best friend), seems like his appearance should be classified as a cameo rather than a proper role, but he'll probably appear more later in the series when Sano finally goes back to high jump and start competing.
    So far the show has been alright, nothing amazing, just another high school drama with some cringe-worthy comedy moments. It might take quite a bit of effort for me to complete the series, I have been putting off watching the 2nd episode since I downloaded it a few days ago, this might turn out to be one of the shows I watch for the actors - in this case Toma.
    I was wondering how big of a role Yuu would have in this series and i was kinda afraid that it might be more cameo-like since he doesn't even attend their school. But like you said, maybe he'll have more scenes when Shun and him compete against each other. Ethan Ruan played the equivalent to Yuu's character in the Taiwanese version and his character made an appearance as one of the guests at the hotel or whatever where Ella, Chun, and Jiro were working during summer break. Was that part even in the manga? If so, then maybe it might be incorporated into the J-version.

Oh, and on a side note, i thought that Yuu was one of Akanishi Jin's best friends. I didn't know he was also Yamapi's best friend.

I'm in the middle of watching the Taiwanese version but was curious to see what the Japanese version was like so i watched the first episode. I didn't really like the tension between Shun and Toma's characters. Was that how their relationship was in the manga before Mizuki entered their lives? So anyway, after watching the first episode, i didn't really think i was getting good vibes from it. Maybe it was because the first episode of the Taiwanese version was more entertaining to me. I'll still definitely continue to watch the J-version later (definitely to satisfy my curiosity about Yuu's character) and see how it pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by moolizzie View Post
    i agree. the xue zhang isn't cute at all. he's actually kinda ugly.
    Who plays Xue Zhang for each version?
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

You have to remind me, who is Xue Zhang again?