Thread: Sweeper Monk v. Monk Jueyuan

Default Sweeper Monk v. Monk Jueyuan

Besides the possibility of the most boring non-fight to ever occur, do you guys think Jue Yuan can overcome Sweeper?

Now I know Jue Yuan was not talked about in detail, and is said that he knows no martial arts, but he seems to take Sweeper's don't attack back to a new level.

Or would this just be a sitting there in ShaoLin staring at each other waiting match?

Quote Originally Posted by shenlong View Post
    Besides the possibility of the most boring non-fight to ever occur, do you guys think Jue Yuan can overcome Sweeper?
    No. It's not even close.

Gok Yeun's inner power was approximately equal to that of a Great. Siu Yeun San and Mo Yung Bok each was no worse than equal to a L/ROCH Great, and you saw how they fared against the Janitor Monk.

In the Jin Yong universe, Janitor Monk vs. *anybody* is a horrible mismatch in the Janitor Monk's favor.

The two you mentioned both only attacked, whereas this monk Defends and repels, so he never wastes energy attacking sweeper. Of course the only chance he has of "hurting" sweeper is if sweeper attacked him first.

Also, I wish there was more information about DuGu, I would really like a Dugu v. Sweeper match.

The joy of having a character like the 'Sweeper Monk' is in not knowing his true capabilities. We don't know his background ie. was he an unknown Great and what did he do before he became a humble Shaolin Monk. People will speculate about him for as long as Jin Yong's books are read.
    Last edited by JamesG; 06-16-07 at 10:44 PM.

Oh, I almost forgot, can someone find a link for the discussion on this previously?
    秋风清,秋风明;落叶聚还散,寒鸦栖复惊。相思相见知何日,此时此夜难为情

Banned

In Terms of Internal I think Jue Yuan is up there with Sweeper. But if they fight Sweeper would annihilate him.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    In Terms of Internal I think Jue Yuan is up there with Sweeper. But if they fight Sweeper would annihilate him.
    Not even close. Not withstanding internal manaipulation, Jue Yuan could get exhausted and died.

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight View Post
    Not even close. Not withstanding internal manaipulation, Jue Yuan could get exhausted and died.
    Agreed. Sweeper took out Murong Bo and Xiao Yuanshan, got hit by Xiao Feng and had his ribs broken, picked up both Murong Bo and Xiao Yuanshan's "corpses" and ran around faster than Xiao Feng could chase, exerted his internal energy to bring them 'back to life', and then STILL showed the ability to essentially one-hit-ko Jiumozhi without a trace of effort.

Not even close.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Agreed. Sweeper took out Murong Bo and Xiao Yuanshan, got hit by Xiao Feng and had his ribs broken, picked up both Murong Bo and Xiao Yuanshan's "corpses" and ran around faster than Xiao Feng could chase, exerted his internal energy to bring them 'back to life', and then STILL showed the ability to essentially one-hit-ko Jiumozhi without a trace of effort.

Not even close.
    haha...well put. i'm glad he's the god of the jin yong universe because he's a good humble character. i'll be damn if some punk like yang gor is the most powerful lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dallasjameswilliams View Post
    Jue Yuan's internal was very high though.
    Great's level.