Version 0.13a created 18/06/07
    |Contents|
    1. Prologue
    2. Historical setting information
    3. Character Bio-links
    4. Useful links [Game discussion thread]
    5. .....etc [More to be added]
    1. Prologue

Trouble begins stirring in the capital as Dong Zhi (Winter Solstice) begins in Luo Yang. The rare Jade Fox has been captured from the snowy mountains of northern China, and is on its way back to the Royal Palace. Already there are signs of a mysterious group planning to steal the precious animal for their own purposes. Even the petty thugs and criminals of Luo Yang have gone silent these past few weeks. Could they be organizing for something big?Or is there someone behind the scenes controlling the action?

Constable Li has begun investigating the affair, starting at Yi Jian Inn. Along the way, there have been suspicious characters turning up in the city, all with their own reasons for being in Luo Yang. What is their purpose? Are they here for good, or for evil? Play on to find out!

3. Character Bio-Links
    4. Useful Links
    Overall storyline proceeds....

To be edited perpetually.
    Last edited by cristal entity; 07-05-07 at 12:19 PM.
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

Default Investigating at Yi Jian

Hey cristal, would you mind updating the first post to include the character links? Thanks. --six.

Investigating at Yi Jian

---

All eyes turned towards the man in the doorway of Yi Jian Ke Zhan. Normally, the patrons of the bustling inn would never notice another customer coming in or out, but this was no ordinary customer. You would stare, too, if you saw that the top of the doorway only went to this man’s chin. This man was no other than the famously humble, humbly famous Li You Ming, Constable Li of LuoYang. As he stooped low to enter, a grey blur shot out towards him, swinging a dirty white rod towards his chest. Li felt the strong wind of the blow and knew he could not capture it with his hands, so he drew his sword to meet the rod. Who could have guessed that it was not a rod, but a towel? Hard turned to soft, and the towel wrapped around the hilt of the blade. The old man pulled, and just like that Constable Li’s sword was captured even before it could be drawn.

The old man cackled with glee, wrapping the towel around his neck and balancing the sword on his finger. “Little Li, you’re less than the dirt in this old man’s eye! Go and practice for 10 more years, and maybe you can get into my inn on all fours, hee hee!” Many of the patrons started to wonder, How could this old man call such a huge fellow Little Li? He must be getting blind in his old age, they whispered to themselves. This fellow is huge!

Constable Li cupped his fist in respect. “Old Elder Kong, it is a pleasure to match skills with you. Little Li has some problems requiring your help --- however, before we talk, would you be so kind as to return my sword?” The old man was indeed Kong Long Zi, martial arts expert and keeper of Yi Jian Inn. Figuring that he played enough tricks on Li, Old Man Kong extended his arms to hand back the sword. In a flash, he found his left wrist bound by a solid ring of a mysterious dark metal, and in his shock his right foot was bound also! The rings were connected to one other by a thick chain of the same type.

A broad grin broke out on Li’s face, and his loud laughter rumbled from deep in his body. “Esteemed elder,” Li laughed, “I have known you since your days of working with my father, and he was the one that taught me never to come unprepared for you. These chains were from Persian merchants on the Silk Road, who used them to control their elephants. Even if there were 10 Kong Long Zi’s, they could not break through these. Forgive me for doing this, for I know you no longer enjoy being involved in Jiang Hu affairs, but there having been rumors floating around lately...”

“Yes, of course I know, I know everything,” Kong Long Zi snapped. “Now hurry and ask your questions so that you can quit bothering me.” However, this was all an act by the old man. In reality, who could shackle Old Man Kong with his marvelous martial arts? Actually, Kong Long Zi knew that Li was coming and allowed himself to be captured to see what Li was up to.

--

okay, i’m going to pass the baton here. Let’s have fun, everybody!
    Last edited by sixdays; 06-26-07 at 02:10 AM.
    Beggar Society: Furthering the cause of homeless bullies since 1173.

Quote Originally Posted by sixdays View Post
    Actually, Kong Long Zi knew that Li was coming and allowed himself to be captured to see what Li was up to.
    Meanwhile, just across the street where the Yi Jian Inn is located….

It was a very cold day in LuoYang. Yes, it was the 1st DongZhi since the new emperor came to throne, and it was going to be a great event.

A tall little girl was wondering around the street, men and women alike looking, some even staring at her, how could they help it? She is such a wonderful work of nature, the fairies in the nine heavens could not have looked better. She has a cute and innocent face, big round eyes and small pink lips, with her fair and silk smooth skin, no one will think she a year older then 15, yet she has such a tall yet petite figure.

Was she from the north or south? No one could tell, for she has the beauty of both. The height and curves of a northern girl, with the face, skin and slenderness of a southern girl. With all her towering height and shapely body, she doesn't look a bit big or Strong, in fact, she looked rather fragile.

As she was wondering around, minding her own things, a horse cart was rushing down the street with the driver screaming:"Help! The stupid animal has gone mad! Somebody stop this beast!" And it was speeding towards the girl, many people, including the girl herself screams at such a turn of events.

When all else seems lost, the girl's fate sealed in mess of broken bones and minced fleshes, a shadow suddenly speeded towards the horse, and with a few hits to the horse's body, cause it to stop and faint. It was fast and skillful, excellent acupunctural technique, especially being used on a horse, this man must be a great master.

"Thank.. thank you sir," said the girl, still a bit scared from the event, "My name is ZhiXuan, Shi ZhiXuan from ChengDu, how may I address you, kind sir?"

"The Shi family of ChengDu?" an old man standing near the man who just saved ZhiXuan said, "Are you related to the TianMo Sect?"

"No, I have nothing to do with that cult, not everyone in ChengDu with the surname Shi belongs to The Dark Clan, you know?"

The man looks at ZhiXuan. Yes, the Shi family of ChengDu, some times also called The Dark Clan, the royal family of The TianMo Cult. The current greatest threat to the well being of the nation, and perheaps to the entire world...

"Cult? More like some sort of circus."

"Yeah, I loved watching the silly things they go around doing in the name of evil."

Well, so they are not much of a threat currently, just a few years ago they were a great horror to all who do not summit to them, yet after the death of their previous chief, Shi Tou, his son who took over the sect seems to be a much more pleasant person then his old man, and the sect seems much more friendly to outsiders... but the name and looks of this young chief remains a mystery until now.

In fact, the more harmless they become, the more the good sects worried, what could they be up to? Is it really possible for this great evil to turn over a new leaf? Or are they up to some great evil and are using these few years of goofy actions as some form of cover up for a great conspiracy?

Ignoring the gossips, the man turned to the girl. Just who is he?

"Good afternoon, fair lady, my name is Li, constable Li You Ming, nice to meet you."

Last edited by Son of Light; 06-26-07 at 05:54 PM.
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...88&ref=tn_tnmn
    This year, August 25th~26th
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

The dust whirl onto the walking path as a man was walking into town. No one paid any attention to him for to others, he was just another dirty smelly beggar. One that may even steal your valuables if you were not careful, hence everyone steered clear of him.

Looking up, the lad witnessed everything… the horse, the handsome young man and the beautiful young lady. He swore silently for he once was in that position but in return he only received insults and injuries.

“ Good is bad, and hence bad is good. Perhaps in time everyone will know.”

With that the lad took one last look at the two man and lady and proceeded in the opposite direction with many villages pointing fingers at him…no doubt the smell had gotten into their noses.

Passing by a road stall selling Man Tou, his stomach let out a growl and he remembered that it had several days since he last eaten any edible food, if rotten meat was considered one. Moving closer to the stall, he wanted to ask if there was any unwanted Man Tou that the seller was willing to give to him. But no sooner was he able to speak when the seller turned and without a second’s delay shoved him to the ground.

“ Get your dirty hands of my buns you filthy beggar! Pay or leave!”

Wincing in pain, the young lad tried to get up but was unable to for his major joints were crying out in pain.

“ Ah… the pain… My joints have not healed fully…”

Lying on the ground, the lad was a hindrance to the human traffic but no one seemed to care or even notice he was on the ground. Some even kick or step onto him as they traveled down the street to whatever their destination was.

His face red with pain and anger, the lad passed out… only to find himself on a heap of rubbish some distance away from the main road. After a few moments, he was able to stand, but with much pain… dusting himself and checking a sword in an old scabbard, he proceed walking…
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

Bai Tian Yun has just reached Luo Yang after a long boat trip from Carefree Island.

"Damn, it wasn't easy to get out of the island. I have to find somewhere to rest." Bai Tian Yun thought as he walked towards Yi Jian Ke Zhan. The only reason he managed to get out of Carefree Island was because the guards did not dare to hurt him because his father was their leader.

He walked into Yi Jian Ke Zhan and ordered a cup of tea and some buns. He did not have much money on him so he could not order anything expensive.

Suddenly, he felt a painful sensation in his chest. He had suffered internal injuries while fighting the guards on the island. He quickly followed the recuperation method of the "Carefree Skill".

Suddenly, someone walked in and everyone in the inn turned to look.

Looking up, the lad witnessed everything… the horse, the handsome young man and the beautiful young lady.
    you're too kind, druid --- LYM is neither that young or handsome. just your average looking, 6 foot 6 chinese guy weighing 200+ lbs. :P

-----
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Light View Post
    "Good afternoon, fair lady, my name is Li, constable Li You Ming, nice to meet you."
    Li paused, taking a moment to glance back at the inn. "Are you alright?"

"Of course! You did save me, after all," the young girl smiled sweetly. "I'm indebted to you forev---"

"I'm sorry to interrupt, Miss Shi, but there's some business I must attend to first. You will wait here for a moment, won't you?" Without waiting for an answer, Li ran back to the inn to find Old Man Kong, but was already too late: the old man was gone. Disappointed, Li picked up his empty shackles. As he tucked them back into his shirt, he heard a voice behind him:

"Is everything alright, Constable Li?"

Inwardly he was startled, but Li simply smiled instead. "Yes, Miss Shi. Now that I know you are uninjured, I must return the horse to its rightful owner. Would you like to accompany me?" She simply smiled in reply, and walked out together with Li. Placing the injured horse on another cart, he took the reins and urged the horses forward. They traveled a few streets in comfortable silence, with Zhi Xuan captivated by the shops and stalls they passed. She was still commenting on a pretty fan when Constable Li suddenly pulled into an alleyway.

"Shi Fang."

"Wh...what?" Zhi Xuan stammered unbelievingly.

"Shi Fang, daughter of Shi Tou. Currently about 25 years old." Li YouMing rattled off the facts coldly. "Extremely gifted in martial arts, not known to be dangerous.

"What are you doing in my city, Miss Shi?" Li said quietly.

She looked away from him in disbelief. "How do you know so much about me?"

"The first thing I noticed was the stone of the street when I rescued you. It was cracked underneath your hands, almost as if you were holding yourself back as the horse approached. You also did not shake with fear as a normal person would after facing death. However, the final clue came after. When I returned to the inn, you were able to approach me completely undetected. There are not many people in Wulin with both incredible strength and lightness ability of your level, and one with your stature is even more rare. If I consider your beauty also, there can only be Miss Shi Fang of TianMo Cult."

"The name Shi Fang is not yours to say!" ZhiXuan pouted. "Who are you that you can call me that, you big oaf! Only my family, and my ---" she stammered, "my husband can call me that!"

Constable Li ignored her complaints, instead questioning further. "You pretended to be in danger to get my attention, so now you have it. Why have you reappeared in Wulin after vanishing for so long*?" Li paused. "Would it have something to do with the Jade Fox?"

The Jade Fox was the rarest of animals. A pure white fox, purer than the whitest jade, the animal was said to be beautiful beyond compare. It was said to have been captured in the snowy mountains of Northern China as a gift for Yang Gui Fei from the Emperor, and was due to arrive in LuoYang in 2 weeks. It was even said that to drink the blood of the Jade Fox could cure any disease or injury, and give a tremendous boost in strength to martial arts practitioners. Rumors had been flying around Jiang Hu about plans to steal the animal for their own use, or to sell it to the highest bidder on the black market. This was the reason why Constable Li was seeking out Old Man Kong's advice.

----

*NOTE: My idea for Shi ZhiXuan's absence from wulin would be as long as she was using her XieWang identity as the leader, after Shi Tou died. SOL, since it's your character I will ask you to set the years since Shi Tou died. I just put 5 as a random number, but I think it could be less also, like maybe a year or two.
    Last edited by sixdays; 06-28-07 at 01:02 AM.

Bai Tian Yun utilized his lightness skill and quietly followed Constable Li.

"Interesting," he though. "Let me see what he is up to."

He saw Constable Li pull the young lady into an alleyway and he secretly eavesdropped on them.

He heard their conversation and thought, "Jade Fox? I seem to remember my father telling me about it..."

Suddenly, he felt something coming towards him. He looked and saw that it was Constable Li swinging his sword towards him! They had spotted him eavesdropping on them.

He quickly moved away to avoid the sword and said, "I didn't mean to eavesdrop! I just got curious and..." He did not have time to finish his sentence as Constable Li swung his sword at him again.

He executed a move from the "Dragon Grappling Hands" of the "Divine Dragon Sect" and snatched the sword from Constable Li. The "Dragon Grappling Hands" was one of the elite arts at that time. The only reason he was able to snatch the sword away in one move was because of the profoundness of the move and the fact that Constable Li did not expect him to be so highly-skilled.

Constable Li was startled. How the heck did this guy manage to snatch his sword away in one move?!

Bai Tian Yun began speaking again, "I mean no harm, Constable Li." And with that, he threw the sword back.

Chang Ye roamed the back alleys looking for food till at last a morsel of stale bread found its way to his mouth, which he swallowed as if eating food from the royal palace.

“ I used to feast on meat and wine but now… I am no worse than a beast.” With that he bowed his head and sat down onto the mud. A sound refracting away from its source found its way to the eardrums of Chang Ye.

“ Someone’s fighting… I better go…”

Taking a left turn then another left… he saw the same lady and man from the earlier accident and another young man with a sword in his hand.

“ They seemed to be in trouble… perhaps I could distract the attacker…NO! I have to leave now… before they see me…”

As he turned to leave, as he was face to face with the attacker who had already sealed his acupoints at was now pointed the sword at his neck.

“ Who are you? Why are you here?” came the reply.

Chang Ye sighed. This was it.

“ I am nobody.”

“Oh? If that is so, why are your major joints broken? And why are you carrying a sword? Which clan or school do you belong to?”
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

edited...........
    Last edited by cristal entity; 07-05-07 at 11:35 AM.
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

Xiao Ping, having lived in Luo Yang for several months now, knew almost every corner of the city by heart. As usual, Xiao Ping was in his ragged clothing and a messy hairdo. At the time of the day, Xiao Ping was walking peacefully through the streets of Luo Yang. Chewing on a chicken drumstick, he was actually looking for something to do, waiting for something interesting to happen. And just as he walked by a alleyway, a large grin appeared on his face.

Jumping onto a nearby roof, Xiao Ping quietly observed what was going on. What he saw was a large man standing next to a much smaller man, who is quite similar to Xiao Ping in appearance, a man with a sword strapped to his back and a very beautiful lady.

“Pretty lady. Very pretty, indeed.” Xiao Ping thought to himself, almost drooling. From the way he saw the girl, she was no more than 16 years old and that made Xiao Ping really happy.

Then he snapped back into reality and continued to look at the larger man and the beggar. It seems like the larger man was questioning the beggar about who he was. From his point of view, Xiao Ping thought that the larger man was actually trying to pick on the bum and decided to help the beggar out. Reaching into his robe with his left hand, he retrieved what seems to be a slingshot. Aiming the slingshot at the larger man, Xiao Ping loaded the slingshot with a thumb sized pebble and fired.

Constable Li felt a sudden pain on the back of his neck and immediately turned to see who hit him. Li searched the surrounding with his eyes and found no one. Then out of no where, another pebble came flying at Li. But this time, it missed its target. It was caught by Bai Tian Yun just before it hit Li flat on the face. Knowing the direction of the aggressor right away, Constable Li jumped onto the roof and found another beggar hiding there with a slingshot in his hand. Outraged, Constable Li shot forward with a claw attack in a attempt to seize Xiao Ping. Xiao Ping attempted to counter the attack with a kick of his own, only to find his leg being grabbed by Constable Li and Xiao Ping was thrown off the roof by him and fell flat on the ground below.

Coughing due to the dust, Xiao Ping only found himself to be grabbed by the shoulder by Bai Tian Yun.

“What is your name?” Bai Tian Yun questioned.

However, Xiao Ping ignored the man completely and instead, he waved at the beautiful lady across him. Saying, “Hi!”

Constable Li was completely outraged by Xiao Ping’s actions and jumped down from the roof to join Bai Tian Yun. Bai Tian Yun, on the other hand, just simply shook his head.

“These two must be together.” Constable Li said to Bai Tian Yun. Then he walked in front of Xiao Ping. “Give us your name and who sent you here?”

“No we are not together. I don’t even know who this man is.” Lu Chang Ye pleaded, still unable to move.

Xiao Ping, on the other hand.... “What are you talking about? I have no clue. But if you want to know my name, I’ll gladly tell you. I’m your great, great, great granddaddy. You know your great, great, great granddaddy’s name, don’t you?” Xiao Ping replied playfully.

------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure if this is how the characters suppose to act.

Quote Originally Posted by creamcheese007 View Post
    Xiao Ping replied playfully.
    "Enough!" Li bellowed, quieting the rest. "Look, all of you, I am the guardian of this city, and it's my duty to protect this place. Tell me why you are all here, or I may have to arrest you."

"I told you already, I have no idea who Shi Fang is!" ZhiXuan began to cry. "I am just a young girl from the same city as the Tian Mo Cult! Is that a crime? You have no right to keep me here, and to be suspicious of me!" ZhiXuan turned to leave. Just then, Constable Li struck out with a claw towards her back!

"I'm not going to let you leave so easily, Demon Girl!" Li yelled, striking out with [Lion Clawing At The Sky]. This move was not simple; it contained the strength of all of Li's hard years of training. A jet of blood shot out from ZhiXuan's mouth as she crumpled to the ground.

Bai Tian Yun was outraged by this act. This evil constable is bullying this young girl, this is unforgivable! TianYun gritted his teeth. But if I reveal my martial arts, then this cruel man will know my identity. Then how long will it be before Father's men come to capture me? He could only watch on in agony as Li moved to strike again. Even Xiao Ping could only stare, afraid of Li's fierce stance. However, one man would not stand by and watch this terrible situation.

"You monster! You cannot do this!" Lu Chang Ye cried out, and jumped in the way of Li's fist. Unfortunately, his martial arts were weak and he was simply pushed to the side by Li. Chang Ye struck the wall of the alley, and slumped down in pain. Taking advantage of this opportunity, Li clamped down his Persian shackles on the young girl and captured her!

"You'll come with me, and we'll see if you're really the Demon Girl or not," Li snarled.

"Wait! I'll leave with you, but first let me thank this young man who tried to save me," ZhiXuan pleaded with the constable.

"Fine, but make it quick."

ZhiXuan made her way to Chang Ye, and moved to whisper in his ear. "Thank you, Young Hero Lu! Don't worry about me; I'm not injured at all, the blood was just chili sauce from the MaPo DouFu I had for lunch. I'll be fine with Constable Li." She leaned down, and took Chang Ye in her arms.

Chang Ye felt unbearable pain and almost cried out, but he forced himself to stay silent. I must have been more injured from Li than I realized, Lu thought, but to be held by such a beauty even for a moment, this pain is nothing. Little did Chang Ye know that ZhiXuan was using her incredible neigong to begin to set his joints and open up his blocked accupoints. After a moment, the pain was too much to bear, and Lu fainted.

"Now I can leave with you, Constable Li." Li took hold of her chains, and began to walk to the constable's headquarters. Passing by TianYun and Xiao Ping, he gave them both a stern look. "If I see you two again causing trouble in my city, you can be sure that you'll suffer the same fate!"

As he watched them leave, Bai Tian Yun was burning with anger. You just be careful, Constable Li, he thought. One day soon you will get what's coming to you!

"Hey, Big Brother!" Xiao Ping called to Bai. "Do you want to teach that stinky man a lesson too?"

"Yes, more than anything else."

"Well, I have an idea..."

---

Once YouMing and ZhiXuan reached the Yamen, ZhiXuan giggled and said, "So that's what you meant by playing, Constable Li!"

Li laughed, and released her from the bonds. Earlier in the alley, Li realized they were not alone and told ZhiXuan quietly to play along with whatever he did, no matter how strange it may seem. Originally, he had only thought to scare away the young man with his sword --- who knew that the kid had great martial arts, and took his sword from him for the second time in one day! To make matters worse, two little beggars showed up. Li had no choice but to act like a tyrant, and prevent them from discovering ZhiXuan's true identity. Li turned to ZhiXuan.

"Now, Miss Shi, you get to tell me the truth of why you're here."

"I've never liked to be part of the cult" remarked ZhiXuan "I ran away from home after father die because of these, father was always too manipulative, but brother was never that, he let me go into JiangHu, to do what I want, and lived like a normal person. I have my own Inn somewhere in ChangAn, and the income is good."

"So why are you here?"

"Hay, I'm a girl, a girl likes to attend such big celebrations for the fun, it’s the DongZhi festival here, you know! Anyway, how do you know about me? Very few people in the cult know about my existence, must less outside of it."

"I have my sources."

"Please keep this to yourself then, I only want to be plain, simple girl, I don't want anything to do with the sect to happen to me again."

"Of course, so, you are no longer in contact with them?"

"My brother and I wrote to each other often, actually he are trying to get the sect clean, trying to go into legal, clean business and leave all the evil deeds in the past, in fact, he is now trying to start a music band with some of the better musicians in the sect."

"Interesting, so you are not here for the Jade Fox?"

"Jade Fox? We have a few families of them in our backyard, in fact, our family and our most trusted minions all ate a special pill made from it's blood and a few other exotics herbs such as HeShouWu, TianShan XueLian, Cordyceps, LingZhi and RenSheng that we cultivate in our farm when practice our martial arts. And by the way, please call me ZhiXuan."

YouMing was more or less impressed; the TianMo sect is truly more then meets the eye.

"Good for you then, Miss ZhiXuan, hope you have a nice time here in Luo Yang, but do you mind if I ask for your assistance if anything I can't handle happens? I would like to have someone like you on my side."

"Well, ok if you agree to bring me around LuoYang in exchange, this is my first time in LuoYang, I need a tour guild, you can start by getting me a place to sleep tonight, it's getting dark."
    Last edited by Son of Light; 06-26-07 at 11:02 PM.
    1st Singapore Ancient Chinese Culture Camp, pls join if you are in Singapore. ^^

Bai Tian Yun walked slowly, deep in thought. He was pondering over Xiao Ping's idea.

Just then, he got reminded of the conversation between Constable Li and Shi ZhiXuan.

"Miss Shi Fang of TianMo Cult? That sounds so familiar..." He seems to have heard the name somewhere else before.

"Well, this doesn't mean anything since Carefree Island has lots of martial arts experts from various sects. Maybe some of them used to be from the TianMo Cult." He thought.

"Divine Dragon Sect is very well-known and no one dares to disturb anyone from the sect. Maybe if I had used their martial arts to fight that cruel constable earlier, even if had recognized the strokes, he would not dare to do anything." Suddenly, a voice interrupted his thoughts.

"What are you thinking?" Xiao Ping asked.

"Nothing." Bai Tian Yun replied.

"Well, let's proceed according to the plan then..." Xiao Ping said cheekily.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, on Carefree Island...

"What?! Tian Yun went out of the island?!" Bai Wu shouted angrily. Even though he was angry, he did not blame anyone as he knew his son's temper. He believed even if he did not succeed this time, he would try again till he manage to get off the island.

"I am willing to go look for him," Tie Fei offered. Tie Fei used to be an elder within TianMo Cult and his martial arts were one of the best.

"That is a good idea, he would need some help too when travelling..." Bai Wu replied.

"You're not deciding to bring him back?" Tie Fei asked.

"There's no point in that, even if we did manage to bring him back how long would he able to stay on this island? It might be good for him to have some experience and maybe he will realise why I disallowed him to go out of the island at first..." Bai Wu explained.

"I am willing to go together with Brother Tie." Yang Gang said. He was known as the "Earth-Shaking Palm" and he is the sworn brother of Tie Fei. His martial arts is not below Tie Fei.

"Good, with your help, things would be much easier." Bai Wu accepted and they quickly set off...
    Last edited by kwekmh; 06-26-07 at 08:23 AM.

"Guess we can't leave this guy here all by himself then." Xiao Ping said as he walked towards Lu Chang Ye. Standing in front of the man, Xiao Ping simply shook his head and turned to look back at Bai Tian Yun. "You carry him."

"W...what? Why am I the one that have to carry him?" Bai Tian Yun questioned with a bewildered face.

"What do you mean why? You're older than me and I'm only a beggar. I have no strength to carry him. Now stop wasting more time, come and pick him up." Xiao Ping ordered.

"Fine, your plan better be good then." Bai Tian Yun threatened. But, nonetheless, he walked over to Lu Chang Ye and picked the skinny man up with both hands. "Let's go then, we have to follow them."

Later that night.....

Earlier today, Xiao Ping and Bai Tian Yun had been asking all around the city for the whereabouts of constable Li and the lady surnamed Shi. Thanks to Li's job, it was quite easy for Xiao Ping and Bai Tian Yun to track down the man's home, the constable headquarters. Making sure that the two don't see them, Xiao Ping and Bai Tian Yun only rented a room for themselves and Lu Chang Ye at the inn a few streets away from the headquarters. Staying inside the room until very late into the night, Xiao Ping and Bai Tian Yun began to make their move while Lu Chang Ye remained in the room to rest.
    It seemed like there was very little security outside constable Li's room inside his own headquarter. All the guards were at the jail house and Xiao Ping was very glad about it.

"Hey, he's coming out." Xiao Ping whispered to Bai Tian Yun and pulled him away.

Xiao Ping and Bai Tian Yun immediately jumped onto the roof above the second they saw constable Li walking out of his room and yawned. Constable Li was walking towards the bathroom while Xiao Ping and Bai Tian Yun followed quietly behind him. Luckily, constable Li was still very sleepy and didn't notice the two behind him at all. Then out of no where, Bai Tian Yun brought a large sack over constable Li's head. Surprised by the ambush, constable Li was just about to fight back when Xiao Ping knocked him out cold with blow to the back of the neck and constable Li dropped onto the floor, unconscious.

"Mission accomplished." Xiao Ping said with a large smile.

"Hurry up and let's get this over with." Bai Tian Yun said to Xiao Ping and the two carried the body away.

The next morning....

A large crowd has gathered at the city gates. Everyone were either laughing or pointing at the large figure hanging from the high walls. The large figure hanging from the wall was actually constable Li. Constable Li hung from the city walls with a bare chest and wore nothing but the underwear he had on last night. Xiao Ping and Bai Tian Yun, on the other hand, were no where to be seen. They're probably in their room laughing on the floor at that very instant.

As constable Li slowly regained his consciousness, he looked around he and was shocked to see that he was so high up. As he tried to move his hands, he found that his hands were bound to his back and he was hanging from a rope. That's when he suddenly felt a shiver down his spine as the cold breezy wind brushed against his skin. Looking down, he found that someone had stripped him naked and he let out a loud scream out of embarrassment from seeing everyone staring at him and laughing from below. Li should be grateful that Xiao Ping had left him his underwear
    Last edited by creamcheese007; 06-26-07 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by creamcheese007 View Post
    Li should be grateful that Xiao Ping had left him his underwear
    Suddenly the sky darkens, and a dark figure with white cape and an iron mask appear on at the market place just behind the city gate!

"Hay you guys! It's that cool looking at a half naked guy? Let me show you what's cool!"
    It was XieWang! XieWang of the TianMo Sect! What is he doing here at LuoYang?
    "Come, my friends, show this people what's cool!"
    A group of people in funny looking black clothing came up playing a few different instruments, with XieWang himself playing the GuQin.
    And a nice looking lady in sexy clothing is singing a nice song.
    All the people looked away form the city gate and started enjoying the music.

Oh yeah, ZhiXuan did mention that her brother was trying to start a music band...
    Within a few minutes, people are throwing rotten eggs and stones at XieWang and gang.
    "You sound horrible"
    "The girl has a nice voice, but no sense of pitch at all!"
    "I've never heard someone played the GuQin worse."
    "Who's that fool playing the Sheng? Dammed it, played my favorite instrument until like that, idiot!"
    "Do not play the Pipa like that, fool!"

"Hay, cool it, be careful, you may spoil my GuQin! It's expensive; it's made in the 3 Kingdoms with Han WuDi period wood!"
    "The way you played it, doesn't make it sound like one, creep!"

XieWang retreated fast, and the people looked back at the city gate, but YouMing is no where to be found, where has he gone?

In a dark ally...
    "How are you feeling, Constable Li?"
    "Fine, thank you, chief Shi," said YouMing as he wears his cloths, "so why are you here in LuoYang?"

So it seems that XieWang had sent people to rescue YouMing and get his cloths back for him as he performed..

"I was thinking of performing for the DongZhi Celebration, but now it seems to be a bad idea."

"I visited my sister in prison yesterday, she mentioned that you are her friend, right? So I decided to help you."

"Thanks, Chief Shi, enjoy your stay in LuoYang, I promise that I will give you no problems as long as you keep your hands clean and obey the law of Tang."

"Sure, I'm a responsible citizen of Tang, I will definitely assist the authorities if anything which require my services arises."

"Ok then, nice meeting you, good bye."

"By the way, please find a better place other then the prison for my sister to stay in."

"It's free of charges."

"We are not that poor."

YouMing returned to the YaMen, and asked ZhiXuan out for breakfast.

"Hay! Where were you the whole morning? It was boring in prison, nice place you put me through the night in."
    "Someone played a lame joke on me last night; anyway your brother saved me, thanks."
    "Oh, I see, never mind, let's have breakfast then."
    "Let the treat be on me."
    "Who do you think is richer between the two of us?"
    "Ok, I got the idea, you pay."
    "Waiter please, please give us some abalone porridge, together whatever other best breakfast dishes you have over here."

And YouMing sit down with ZhiXuan to enjoy the best breakfast he had ever had in his life. He does find the fact that ZhiXuan prayed and drew a cross over herslef saying something in Latin before eating her food very amusing. "Hmm..." YouMing thought "never knew that the Tian Mo Cult has such a amusing ritual before food." Little did he know that what ZhiXuan did had nothing to do with the TianMo cult at all. And the sliver earrings of some poor half naked skinny guy being nailed to a cross ZhiXuan wears has nothing to do with what the TianMo cult do to their foes.

After breakfast, it was a new day and they exited the Inn.

"So, where is a good place for fun around here?"

"I am a bit busy to tour you today, you can try that small town just 20 Li north of the city, it has many interesting stalls that sells things from Persia, Rome, Korea and Japan, many foreign merchants also stayed at the Inn there, should be a fun place." Said YouMing, "Meet me at the YaMen after at the Xu bi-hour(1900~2100), ask around if you can't see me."

"Ok, bye. But I am not staying there tonight again"

"Of course, just meet me at the YaMen , and I will recommaned you a good Inn for tonight." Said YouMing as they go their own ways.

As ZhiXuan walked out of the city and towards the small town, a bull rushed towards her, with someone behind shouting "Help! The bull has gone mad! Somebody stop this beast before someone gets hurt!"
    "What is it with me a crazy animals these few days, " grumble ZhiXuan to herself, "can't these owners keep their animals in place?"

But before the bull can reached her, someone already knock it unconscious, "Dumb animal, my friend, you should be more careful with such an animal, this little girl over here could have been killed." Said the man to the owner of the bull. "Are you ok, Miss?"

"Yes… yes I am ok…"ZhiXuan stammered, remember what YouMing said about how a normal person should shake with fear facing death "Thank… thank you so much… I am really very thankful." With that, ZhiXuan dropped to the floor in tears, great acting, we must say.

"So… are you alright?"

__________________________________________________ _____________________________
    So, who's my character's savior? Could any of the male character except for the 4 she had aready met do the honor?
    Last edited by Son of Light; 06-26-07 at 11:06 PM.

"Waiter please, please give us some abalone porridge, together whatever other best breakfast dishes you have over here."

"Yes, Miss. I'll choose for you and Constable Li the most delicious breakfast set in our inn." said Wen Shao Shuang (people usually call him Xiao Shuang) with a friendly smile and walked away to order the breakfast after pouring tea for Constable Li and the beautiful girl.

"That girl is so beautiful. I wonder if he's Constable Li's girlfriend. Constable Li is so lucky." thought Xiao Shuang, happy for Constable Li.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-26-07 at 11:14 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

After playing the prank on Constable Li, Bai Tian Yun went to the inn to have a good rest.

After he woke up, he saw Constable Li and ZhiXuan having breakfast together. He felt it was strange and thought, "Don't tell me Constable Li has changed so fast after being taught a lesson by us?"

He sat down somewhere where they could not see him but he could see them clearly. He made use of his internal energy to listen to their conversation. He was startled at what he heard.

After they had left, he sat there pondering over what he had just heard. He wondered, "Did I blame the wrong guy? The lady seems to be very friendly with him..."

He decided to follow ZhiXuan so as to understand the truth. Suddenly, he saw a bull charging towards ZhiXuan. He was about to rush to help when someone suddenly knocked the bull unconscious. When he saw ZhiXuan shaking with fear, he suddenly got reminded of the fact that ZhiXuan knew martial arts and was from TianMo Cult. If so, how could she have been captured by Constable Li so easily the last time?
    Last edited by kwekmh; 06-27-07 at 02:24 AM.

[Sleep does wondrous things to the body, mind and soul. We could have the best dream ever; our physical bodies recharges itself by replacing dead, worn out cells while our soul leave our bodies for an experience that could never be put into words…

But not this sleep in which Lu Chang Ye was in… for too long his body was in such wretched state that even after generous healing from ZhiXuan, his body just could not adopt back. In the darkness of his mind, he relives the sane pain and agony when his joints were broken and he left to rot in that room… that dark room…

Blotting up suddenly in the dread of the night, Chang Ye looked around with fright and fear.

“ Where the hell am I? Why does my body feel so strange and weird? The pain! Where is the pain?” with those thoughts, Chang Ye began feeling his body only to find that indeed many of his broken joints were set straight again but the results were yet to be seen or felt.

“ That lady…”

He knew it was she, that beautiful lady… yet he knew his actions were so foolish … How could a nobody like himself even expect to save such a damsel when he was swatted away by a single move?

“ Haiz… why ponder, dream, hope and pray? When there’s happiness, there’s always sorrow; though life is short, there is always that long tomorrow…” recited Chang Ye as he bowed his head in sadness and despair.

At this particular spot in time not only has Chang ye not realized his whereabouts and surroundings, he was not even aware that Bai Tian Yun was just outside listening to him.

“ Why is he so sad? Could it be that he has a story that tells of him becoming to this present state?”

Lunchtime at YaMen

"AAAACHOO!"

Constable Li felt horrible. He had been hanging all night from the walls of the city gates with nothing on but a bit of cloth for modesty's sake. It was approaching the winter solstice, and the bitter winds gave him a wicked chill. To make matters worse, there was a huge bump forming on the back of his head, and it was beginning to throb.

"Once i find out who did this to me," Li grumbled, "I'm going to beat him silly, strip him and his daddy naked, and parade them through the streets so they know how it feels."

"Aiyo, aiyo!" The man in front of the constable snorted with laughter, spitting bits of the whole chicken he was eating all over Li's table. Perhaps it was more appropriate to call this man a monster; he looked completely unnatural, like a freak of nature. Rolls and rolls of fat hung from his body, and his chins came down to cover his whole neck. His arms and legs looked like stuffed pillows protruding from his huge, round body. He was extremely pale, looking like he had never exercised a day in his life. His clothing, however, was made out of the finest silk brocades, and he wore tons of jewelry. He had 3 or 4 jade and ruby rings on each of his fingers, wore a huge jade bracelet on one wrist, and around his neck were various precious gold chains as well. Looking at him filled one with disgust and horror. What business could this man have with Constable Li?

"So, now that I've fed you, you can tell me what I need to know," Li said to the man.

"Be patient, aiyo! Telling you the secrets of the Tian Mo Cult is no simple matter! I need to eat more, to gain some courage." It turns out that this man is no other than The Second Sin of Tian Mo, The Gluttonous Pig Zhu Wen De! Now he has finished the chicken, holding a whole roast duck in one hand while stuffing himself full of dumplings with the other. "Aiyo, this is delicious. This little butterfly is such a wonderful cook, I wonder when she will accept my marriage proposal?"

Xiao Die simply rolled her eyes in disgust, and set a cup of ginseng tea before Constable Li. "Drink it while it's hot," she said, floating away to another room.

Setting the cup to the side, Li grabbed the table with both hands and lifted it off of the ground. "Eat, eat, all you know is eating! If you don't tell me what I want to know now, I'll smash all this food to the ground. Then you can eat off the floor like a real pig!"

"Aiyo, okay!," Zhu mumbled, mouth still full of dumplings. "You don't have to be so mean about it." Quickly, he snatched the abalone from the table and stuffed it inside his shirt, just in case. "So, the reason we're in town is for protection. Both the Dark Lord and Miss are in the city, and we are under obligation to serve them wherever they are." He smiled smugly. "I'm sure you know this already, aiyo, seeing how close you've become with our young Miss."

Li simply growled at him, urging Zhu to continue.

"The other reason has to do with the Jade Fox. Many unorthodox clans offer riches and rare gifts to us in tribute each year, and in return we gift a Jade Fox Pill to those we deem worthy. Because of how rare they are, these crooks and murderers are willing to do anything and give anything to get one, even kill his own brother!" Zhu snorted again, a horrible sound. "But now, rumor has it that a Jade Fox has been captured, and is on its way to the capital. Those stinking thieves think they can get the Fox for themselves, and avoid paying us tribute! Aiyo, how can we allow that?"

"Is that why all the criminals in Luo Yang have been laying low?" Li asked him.

"Yes, partly," Zhu answered. "Many are also laying low now that we've made our presence known on the city walls. You must be some kind of man to have our Dark Lord himself come and rescue you. I'm still shivering from that terrible performance, aiyo." Suddenly, Zhu looked around in panic. "I mean, the Dark Lord is a music god! Aiyo, aiyo, I hope no one heard that..."

Li gave a single "Hmph!" as his reply. However, he also wondered why the Dark Lord would save him from the wall. Could it be his new friendship with ZhiXuan? No matter, he would find out sooner or later. Li stood up from his chair.

"I've heard enough. I want you out of my headquarters. Take the food with you if you want. Guards! Escort Mr. Zhu out, please!" As the guards showed him out, Li called for Xiao Die.

"Xiao Die, I want you to investigate something for me."

"As long as even one man knows, I will happily find it out for you, Li Da Ge," Xiao Die smiled.

"I want you to dress up as a beggar..."
    Last edited by sixdays; 07-03-07 at 01:53 PM.

[ NOTE: This takes place during/between the events posted in replies 12-14. ]

EXTERIOR WEST GATE - NIGHT

Tang Yu Long ( 唐玉龍 ) closed his eyes as the cold breeze of the blizzard bit at his face. He had just started his shift when he heard wolves howl from the distance. Being a resident of these parts for three years had taught him that if one ever heard wolves howling in a snowstorm, it meant someone was out there. If anyone was unfortunate to be caught out in a storm, they were sure to be wolves’ meat in no time. Tang Yu Long did not pity any of those unlucky souls. After all, he was too good to be doing reconnaissance missions let alone rescue operations.

“By my heel, I care not,” he said as he ignored the sounds. Moments later, the wind howled again and this time it seemed as if a hundred wails were calling for him. He ignored it as usual. Tang Yu Long was regulated to the graveyard shift ever since he came to the northwestern border. He walked the walls of the gate from dusk till dawn. He patrolled mostly alone; twice per week he was partnered with someone from his regiment.

Suddenly, he heard someone calling out to him. “Tang Yu Long!” he heard, “Tang Yu Long!” It was a female voice. He looked around, and there was no one to be found. “Tang Yu Long,” he heard again. He tilted his head in the direction of the sound.

“Nonsense! The wind’s playing that same old melody again. Why would a woman be out here in the western gate?” he contemplated with himself. The more he tried to ignore it, the more he found himself being drawn to it.

“Tang Yu Long, come...come hither,” the voice plead to him. Tang Yu Long looked over the wall and could only see a white blanket of snow. He pondered for a moment, hesitating whether if he should rescue the fat cow or pretend he did not hear anything. But the voice, it was calling out to him again and again like a haunting melody. Against his usual judgment, he leapt the wall and ran into the whiteness.

“Tang Yu Long…hurry!” the voiced called out sobbing to him again. This time he could feel the voice echoing inside his head. He walked a good distance before coming upon someone standing with their back to him. Immediately, he could tell it was humanoid. There was something different yet strangely familiar about it.

“At last, you have come!” the voice exclaimed with relief. It turned around and he was instantly paralyzed. Two blue eyes pierced into his soul. That was all he could remember, as he awoke from his slumber and gasped for air. And now he remembered where he was, Yi Jian Ke Zhan . . .
    Last edited by resident:alien; 07-05-07 at 09:40 AM.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

As ZhiXuan walked out of the city and towards the small town, a bull rushed towards her, with someone behind shouting "Help! The bull has gone mad! Somebody stop this beast before someone gets hurt!"
    "What is it with me a crazy animals these few days, " grumble ZhiXuan to herself, "can't these owners keep their animals in place?"

But before the bull can reached her, someone already knock it unconscious, "Dumb animal, my friend, you should be more careful with such an animal, this little girl over here could have been killed." Said the man to the owner of the bull. "Are you ok, Miss?"

"Yes… yes I am ok…"ZhiXuan stammered, remember what YouMing said about how a normal person should shake with fear facing death "Thank… thank you so much… I am really very thankful." With that, ZhiXuan dropped to the floor in tears, great acting, we must say.

"So… are you alright?"
    Zhi Xuan looks up and notices something about her so-called savior; he is youthful with a strange effeminate aura about him. He wears cold-weather attire and he looks rather warm with the fur-trim.

"A delicate flower such as you should be more mindful of her surroundings. After all, you surely aren't a hibiscus and wouldn't want cow dung on you now," says Tang Yu Long. He notices that she begins to sob.

He steps away trying to shut out her sobbing, but it sounded similar to the one in his dreams this morning. Reluctantly, he turns back but not before snatching something from one of the merchant stalls.

"Great, he's left! What a fairy!" she thought, "Effeminate men!" She writhed with digust.

"Save your tears, for a delicate flowers need water," he said as he crouches down and extends his gloved hand to her, "And cold winters offers none to delicate flowers." She notices a pink handkerchief in his gloved hand and keeps sobbing.

"Don't hesitate to take this. Dry your tears with it," he said rolling his eyes to the left and nodding with disgust, "Your clothes. . .my, how embarrassing! Tsk, tsk, tsk! You've sullied them with dirty snow. Atrocious!"

Zhi Xuan didn't know whether to feel grateful or insulted by her so-called savior as she grabbed the handkerchief from his hand. At least, with this cloth covering her face, she can keep her act going and not laugh at him.

"What a queer and arrogant young man," she thought, "Were we in some secluded place, I'd beat the. . ."

"Sir, you have to pay for that," shouted a voice interuppting her thoughts. Tang Yu Long turned his head and fixed his cold gaze upon the merchant. Immediately, the merchant's rough voice turned soft as he chuckled reluctantly, "It's alright...It's alright, ma'am...I mean s...s...s...sir. Hehehe, first one's always free." Tang Yu Long shook his head in disgust and turned to focus on the young lady before him.

"Excuse me, but can Tang Yu Long assist you before he changes his mind?" he asks Zhi Xuan.
    Last edited by resident:alien; 06-28-07 at 03:04 AM.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]