Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 301

Thread: The New Adventure of Chor Lau Heung 《楚留香之蝙蝠傳奇》 (1984)

  1. #81
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Hope this works!

    edit: It does! =)
    That's her, all right. Still don't know what her name is.

    She was much more attractive as Au Yeung Ching. Her total screentime in LSF '86 was probably twenty minutes (or less), but she looked really good for the minutes that she was on screen.

  2. #82
    Senior Member Ian Liew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    That's her, all right. Still don't know what her name is.

    She was much more attractive as Au Yeung Ching. Her total screentime in LSF '86 was probably twenty minutes (or less), but she looked really good for the minutes that she was on screen.
    I thought she looked rather fetching in HSDS 86 already. I really must get my hands on LXF 86 now!!!

  3. #83
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I thought she looked rather fetching in HSDS 86 already. I really must get my hands on LXF 86 now!!!
    Her appearance as Wai 4 Leung in HSDS '86 didn't leave much of an impression on me, but I thought she looked great as the Seductress Ghost in ROCH '83 (no speaking lines in that one, and the camera was on her for barely five seconds) and at her best as Au Yeung Ching in LSF '86.

    Au Yeung Ching was probably her best turn as an actress too; I thought she brought the character to life much better than the actress in LSF '77 did, and it's a shame that her character was relegated to such a relatively small role in LSF '86.

  4. #84
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Hope this works!

    edit: It does! =)
    Thanks a lot, Ian. It works.
    I was thinking you might be talking of Sima Yin. Luckily, you post the pic. I got it wrong.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  5. #85
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Thanks a lot, Ian. It works.
    I was thinking you might be talking of Sima Yin. Luckily, you post the pic. I got it wrong.
    Sima Yin played Bluebeard's wife in LSF '86.

    And yeah, Sima Yin was HELLA hot back in the day. It's surprising she didn't become a bigger star back then.

  6. #86
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Sima Yin played Bluebeard's wife in LSF '86.

    And yeah, Sima Yin was HELLA hot back in the day. It's surprising she didn't become a bigger star back then.
    That's because she was always given vixen roles to play. Vixen roles are not very well received in those days I think.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  7. #87
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    That's because she was always given vixen roles to play. Vixen roles are not very well received in those days I think.
    Like the other actress (the one who played Wai 4 Leung), she got typecast.

  8. #88
    Senior Member Ian Liew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Like the other actress (the one who played Wai 4 Leung), she got typecast.
    Sima Yin had it much better than Wai 4 Leung. She at least got a starring role in that ghost comedy serial starring her and Louie Castro, with Lau Dan as the friendly ghost vampire or something. Yeen Gwai Choi Keen, I think it was. She also landed quite a few MC jobs for certain shows, and of course, everybody knows her name, and it's not just for tart roles.

  9. #89
    Senior Member Ian Liew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Her appearance as Wai 4 Leung in HSDS '86 didn't leave much of an impression on me, but I thought she looked great as the Seductress Ghost in ROCH '83 (no speaking lines in that one, and the camera was on her for barely five seconds) and at her best as Au Yeung Ching in LSF '86.
    Hmm, I'll take Wai 4 Leung over her anyday, but then it's probably because this is an old bootleg VCD (from about 12 years ago) so the quality is pretty poor. She does have at least a couple of lines in that scene:-

    "Tell her what a bad person the Condor Hero is"
    "He's the Crying Laughing ghost, can't tell the difference between crying and laughing"
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #90
    Senior Member Ian Liew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Au Yeung Ching was probably her best turn as an actress too; I thought she brought the character to life much better than the actress in LSF '77 did, and it's a shame that her character was relegated to such a relatively small role in LSF '86.
    OYQ in LXF 77 was quite a poor actress. She had very nice eyes and beautiful features, but she didn't really know how to act well. Her Cantonese was also very odd, like it wasn't her first language, and her voice was very rough and sneering, not like how OYQ should be. Her mouth also perpetually contorted into a Colgate teeth-baring smile, and it looked very unnatural. I can imagine Ms Jane Doe here could have done a much better job, although the 77 OYQ was definitely a beautiful girl.

    Like in this pic, it's like I screengrabbed her at a bad moment, but her mouth almost stays in that same position for the whole series.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #91
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    OYQ in LXF 77 was quite a poor actress. She had very nice eyes and beautiful features, but she didn't really know how to act well. Her Cantonese was also very odd, like it wasn't her first language, and her voice was very rough and sneering, not like how OYQ should be. Her mouth also perpetually contorted into a Colgate teeth-baring smile, and it looked very unnatural. I can imagine Ms Jane Doe here could have done a much better job, although the 77 OYQ was definitely a beautiful girl.

    Like in this pic, it's like I screengrabbed her at a bad moment, but her mouth almost stays in that same position for the whole series.
    I agree she wasn't a good actress. I believe she had been a contestant in the Miss Hong Kong Beauty Pageant the previous year and this was her first acting job. Sadly, it was also her last. Apparently, she was killed in an accident not long afterward.

  12. #92
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Sima Yin had it much better than Wai 4 Leung. She at least got a starring role in that ghost comedy serial starring her and Louie Castro, with Lau Dan as the friendly ghost vampire or something. Yeen Gwai Choi Keen, I think it was. She also landed quite a few MC jobs for certain shows, and of course, everybody knows her name, and it's not just for tart roles.
    Oh, yeah. I think I remember her in that film. Her character had eaten too many bananas (or something) and got constipated and then got attacked by a vampire while she sat on the toilet.

    This was back in the day when movies depicted vampires as scary monsters rather than as handsome loverboys.

  13. #93
    Senior Member Ian Liew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I agree she wasn't a good actress. I believe she had been a contestant in the Miss Hong Kong Beauty Pageant the previous year and this was her first acting job. Sadly, it was also her last. Apparently, she was killed in an accident not long afterward.
    Ohh, that's so tragic. Now I feel really bad for criticising her, who knows how she might have improved after that? =(

  14. #94
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Hmm, I'll take Wai 4 Leung over her anyday, but then it's probably because this is an old bootleg VCD (from about 12 years ago) so the quality is pretty poor. She does have at least a couple of lines in that scene:-

    "Tell her what a bad person the Condor Hero is"
    "He's the Crying Laughing ghost, can't tell the difference between crying and laughing"
    Oh, yeah. She did have those lines, didn't she? I remember those lines, but I thought another character spoke them.

    I tend to tune out during this part of ROCH '83 because Gwok Seung's Yeung Gor-worshipping is just a *little* too rich.

  15. #95
    Senior Member Ian Liew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Voila! According to this website:-

    http://zh.wikipedia.org/zh-hk/老洞

    her name is 許逸華 or Hui Yat Wah

    She was the wife of Kwan Chung, the eldest sister-in-law of Andy Lau's character in the Old Miao Myth.

    http://hkmdb.com/db/people/view.mhtm...splay_set=big5

  16. #96
    Senior Member pandamao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    i can't believe you guys think 許逸華 is hot. i find her voice irritating - and i don't think she was that great either.

    sima yin - i have to agree was HOT though. and her son is absolutely adorable ...

    this is my all time fave drama. to answer the original post, my opinion on when CLH found out he liked her was actually before the scene of magical medicine cabin.

    the 3 girls were being mean to siu ching and it was evident in this one scene prior to CLH returning her to body guard ying man lei. The 3 girls went to get some water from a nearby lake and they each got one for themselves and CLH. it was obvious they didn't like siu ching and purposely didn't get one for her. CLH took his and gave it to Siu Ching. Tim Yee got jealous and said, "Yeah - in a little bit we can return Siu Ching to Ying body guard" and when Siu Ching heard this - she walked off pissy and of course CLH chased after her.

    over by the pasture CLH asked her who she is and Siu Ching said, "i thought CLH knows everything in the world"
    CLH: this time is different, i don't know (while grabbing her hand)

    um yeah .. i think that's when he made it evident that he liked her.

    but the first time CLH saw Siu Ching at the tea parlor, he was already hooked.
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

    i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

  17. #97
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pandamao View Post
    i can't believe you guys think 許逸華 is hot. i find her voice irritating - and i don't think she was that great either.
    It's a guy thing. There's always that one that you don't take home to meet the family.

  18. #98
    Senior Member lilviet_grl8o8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Posts
    590

    Default

    I haven't seen this in a loooooooooong time. I might buss it out! I hope the Vietnamese dubbed voices don't portray the annoying-ness that you guys have to listen to >__> lol. Maybe that is why I always like a certain character while everyone is hating on them. haha
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

  19. #99
    Junior Member howdoyoudothis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    It's out now on DVD with English Subtitles!
    NAMTOWN!

  20. #100
    Moderator kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Anyone know what's the title of Adam Cheng's version is? Like not the English titles but in pinyin or even better if you can post up the cover of them.
    Chinese Title: 楚留香
    Mandarin pinyin: Chu Liu Xiang
    Canto pinyin: Chor Lau Heung
    English Title: Chor Lau Heung

    Poster: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ch...TV_series).jpg
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Similar Threads

  1. Chor Lau Heung 2001
    By TommyH in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 09-27-06, 05:08 AM
  2. Chor lau Heung
    By Allen D in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-24-06, 06:49 AM
  3. Chor Lau Heung 2001
    By p0thead in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-05, 12:00 AM
  4. Who did Chor Lau Heung love best?
    By bunnie in forum Wuxia Fiction
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-05, 03:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •