Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Adventure of Chor Lau Heung 《楚留香之蝙蝠傳奇》 (1984)

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Yeah, I really like this series. Sometimes I wish CLH would be less subtle with expressing his feelings. What? Too cool to show your feelings openly?

Miu Kiu Wai's version is the one I remember most, and I've seen Adam Cheng's version but don't remember much. Too young I suppose. Anyone know what's the title of Adam Cheng's version is? Like not the English titles but in pinyin or even better if you can post up the cover of them.

I wonder if theres any actors in TVB today can take on the role of Chor Lau Heung and who could act as his lady friends?
    Adam Cheng's version was just called Chor Lau Heung 楚留香. It's pretty much the most original one. I just picked up the DVD today. Will watch it when I have time.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Adam Cheng's version was just called Chor Lau Heung 楚留香. It's pretty much the most original one. I just picked up the DVD today. Will watch it when I have time.
    I've been trying to look for it online to watch it online. But no luck so far.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I'm currently watching Adam Cheng's CLH and I must say that Adam's CLH is more human, lol, whereas, Miu's CLH is just too perfect. Adam wasn't unbeatable and he cried. He showed his emotion more, he lost his confidence once. But Miu's CLH is more playful, much happier, and more charming. Not to mention he hardly showed his feeling and he's pretty much unbeatable when it comes to kungfu. They are both good although I prefer the 84 version since the 79 version dragged a bit. But I like how Adam showed his emotion more here.

*sigh* If only Miu showed more emotion toward ML, it would've been even better. But I so love their chemistry. MB were the best.

Quote Originally Posted by christinatran View Post

*sigh* If only Miu showed more emotion toward ML, it would've been even better. But I so love their chemistry. MB were the best.

What the heck is ML? I can't seem to decipher what you're saying here.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

What the heck is ML? I can't seem to decipher what you're saying here.
    oops, sorry. ML stand for Mei Ling which is what Barbara chinese name is. I was just thinking if only Miu's CLH can show more affection and feeling toward Barbara's Siu Jing it would've been even better.

MB stand for Michael and Barbara. Many of their fans shorten that to MB. I think out of all the couples in TVB series, I love them the most for their intense chemistry.

oops, sorry. ML stand for Mei Ling which is what Barbara chinese name is. I was just thinking if only Miu's CLH can show more affection and feeling toward Barbara's Siu Jing it would've been even better.

MB stand for Michael and Barbara. Many of their fans shorten that to MB. I think out of all the couples in TVB series, I love them the most for their intense chemistry.
    Yeah, that's what I said a few posts back. I wish Milky Way's CLH had expressed his feelings more openly.

I watched Fearless Duo with them and didn't like how the story went. I mean he spent most of the series crushing on this other girl and forsaking Barbara. I wanted to see that other series that they also starred in together.

Yeah, that's what I said a few posts back. I wish Milky Way's CLH had expressed his feelings more openly.

I watched Fearless Duo with them and didn't like how the story went. I mean he spent most of the series crushing on this other girl and forsaking Barbara. I wanted to see that other series that they also starred in together.
    I just finished watching Fearless Duo too and find that the chemistry in this series is better than CLH or The foundation. I have the vcds and to be honest, Miu only have a crush on the girl for maybe 8 episodes, after that he was trying to woo Barbara's character for another 12 episodes, and 4 episodes that they have their obstacles of trying to be together.

If you have a chance watch The Foundation too (that is, if you haven't watch it yet). Miu look so handsome in there. Barbara played pretty much a demure character. Very quiet and sweet. The chemistry is fabulous but I feel that there is also a restraint there like they know some one is watching them. Presumably, maybe Kent Tong since he was also in the series and Barbara's boyfriend at that time.

I just finished watching Fearless Duo too and find that the chemistry in this series is better than CLH or The foundation. I have the vcds and to be honest, Miu only have a crush on the girl for maybe 8 episodes, after that he was trying to woo Barbara's character for another 12 episodes, and 4 episodes that they have their obstacles of trying to be together.

If you have a chance watch The Foundation too (that is, if you haven't watch it yet). Miu look so handsome in there. Barbara played pretty much a demure character. Very quiet and sweet. The chemistry is fabulous but I feel that there is also a restraint there like they know some one is watching them. Presumably, maybe Kent Tong since he was also in the series and Barbara's boyfriend at that time.
    I've watched The Foundation already. The one I'm thinking about is the semi-modern one with Barbara in curls and dresses. I haven't been able to find that one.

I've watched The Foundation already. The one I'm thinking about is the semi-modern one with Barbara in curls and dresses. I haven't been able to find that one.
    That would be 'United We Stand' where Barbara played twins separated at birth. I've been looking for that series with not much luck. MB series are hard to get. Took me several trips to Chinatown before I finally found two of their series. I was able to find Fearless Duo on ebay. I may look at ebay again to see if anyone are selling classic series.

What's even harder to find are ML other series. I got lucky and found 'The Rough Ride' but haven't have much luck in finding rest of her series.

I wonder if theres any actors in TVB today can take on the role of Chor Lau Heung and who could act as his lady friends?
    hmm, that sounds interesting who looks very strong, and manly? i keep thinking raymond lam......

i <33333 the fearless duo i've watched maybe 3 times lol;; but we have the viet/cam boxset i love it! (:

yea i saw the foundation too. i love how miu & barb has such chemistry. they would have been a wayyy cuter real-life couple. but, yea.

That would be 'United We Stand' where Barbara played twins separated at birth. I've been looking for that series with not much luck. MB series are hard to get. Took me several trips to Chinatown before I finally found two of their series. I was able to find Fearless Duo on ebay. I may look at ebay again to see if anyone are selling classic series.

What's even harder to find are ML other series. I got lucky and found 'The Rough Ride' but haven't have much luck in finding rest of her series.
    yea the modern series are hard to look for i'm looking for the viet ones, and i only found two sites with united we stand & i dont think they sell online. )';
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Yeah, I really like this series. Sometimes I wish CLH would be less subtle with expressing his feelings. What? Too cool to show your feelings openly?

Miu Kiu Wai's version is the one I remember most, and I've seen Adam Cheng's version but don't remember much. Too young I suppose. Anyone know what's the title of Adam Cheng's version is? Like not the English titles but in pinyin or even better if you can post up the cover of them.

This is an interesting topic of who can be the Chor Lau Heung in today's TVB actors.

I would definitely pick Raymond Lam not only because he gets all the lead roles, but his acting is the best. I really cannot imagine Ron, Bosco, or Sammul getting the role. I know Moses and Kevin are also popular, but their acting is nowhere like Ray's. Kevin is handsome, but looks terrible in ancient costumes. So you see, Ray is the only one who looks great in ancient costumes and all.

The only weakness is that his face is too dark, but TVB can also give him some make up. After watching his role in Face to Fate, I can convinced that he can portray Chor Lau Heung as well as Miu. They character is somewhat similar. Okay, the only thing now is that will Ray look good in white? I mean, Miu looks great in those costumes. I would not want to see TVB give Ray costumes like those Richie Ren had in his version. I just hated that portrayal and partly because of those rags he wore. Ray is tall so he is perfectly suited as the figure for Chor Lau Heung. I would not miss that series (if there ever happens to be one) because Chor Lau Heung was my first favorite TVB series character.

Okay, so who will be the three girls? Fun question. I had always thought it was fun how he can three ladies following him around and they were not jealous of each other. So one of them will be his wife, right? Is it going to be like the 84 version where there's a Siu Jing? Anyway, I do both.

If there is no Siu Jing, then the cast would goes as this:

Su Yong Yong---Tavia Yeung
    Sung Tim Yee---Leila Tong
    Lee Hung Jau--- (umm, I really don't know about this position) I was thinking of Myolie, but she doesn't look good in ancient costumes.

If there happens to be a Siu Jing (I know he's not the novel character, but since were re-casting for the 84 version, I'll include her)

Siu Jing---Leila Tong (she's short and cute like Barbara and she's one of my favorite modern day actresses, so yeah it's gotta be her)
    Su Yong Yong---
    Sung Tim Yee---
    Lee Hung Jau---

Because these are minor roles, I guess TVB can just throw someone out for the role, like newbies: Nancy Wu, Selena Li, and Kate Tsui.

hmmm i dont know who would match with raymond for the lead actresss.
    i like the idea of shirley yeung as princess...... lol

as for so luu huong's drunk friend.....
    i would choose wayne lai (:

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    hmmm i dont know who would match with raymond for the lead actresss.
    i like the idea of shirley yeung as princess...... lol

as for so luu huong's drunk friend.....
    i would choose wayne lai (:
    Shirley? She has the cute and look for the princess, but her acting is still not there yet despite her improvement. However, I think Leila is cute, although she doesn't have the princess look (not as much as Shirley), she will give a better performance of Siu Jing. Furthermore, Leila has better chemistry with Raymond.

I absolutely agree that Wayne should be Chor Lau Heung's drunk friend. That's what I thought at first, but wasn't he already Wu Tit Fa in the Chor Lau Heung 2001? That's why I didn't recast him, but he's definitely the one.

I guess Raymond would be the only ideal one to be casted as CLH (although I'm not that great a fan of his) since TVB has hardly any actors with talent on par with either Adam Cheng or Michael Miu to be CLH. Depend if TVB will be faithful to the novel or not since in the novel and in 79 version, CLH loved Su Yung Yung but in 84 version she was just treated by CLH as a sister.

To be honest, I can't imagine anyone can act spoiled and mischievous enough like Barbara to portray Siu Jing. TVB just doesn't have the talented actresses. The talented ones are too old to portray Siu Jing.

Maybe that's why TVB hasn't make an adaptation of CLH since 1984. The 2001 version was actually a Taiwanese product so that doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by tvbtoday View Post
    Shirley? She has the cute and look for the princess, but her acting is still not there yet despite her improvement. However, I think Leila is cute, although she doesn't have the princess look (not as much as Shirley), she will give a better performance of Siu Jing. Furthermore, Leila has better chemistry with Raymond.

I absolutely agree that Wayne should be Chor Lau Heung's drunk friend. That's what I thought at first, but wasn't he already Wu Tit Fa in the Chor Lau Heung 2001? That's why I didn't recast him, but he's definitely the one.
    how good do think Bao Jian Feng would be as chor lau heung (if he didn't do it yet-- i dont really know) i've seen him in some ancient costumes, he's pretty cute with those dimples (: i think Ron Ng could be pretty good too, but Raymond *(hand downs)* wins it over Ron.

oh i didn't know wayne already casted in it! i dont watch any more new remakes, i didnt think any could really match up to miu's & barb's. so yea.
    haha he's perfect tho right? hmmmm if wayne couldn't be the drunk buddy, i would chose..... steve ma (: haha i want to his version of drunk;;

leila is cute too! i saw her in TOB but her "cute" is different from princess cute so i didn't really mention her; i think she could so as one of the sisters.. or something.

yea shirley's acting isn't that good but she has the looks (: who else has the looks of a cute-princess??? Liu Yi Fei is cute..

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    how good do think Bao Jian Feng would be as chor lau heung (if he didn't do it yet-- i dont really know) i've seen him in some ancient costumes, he's pretty cute with those dimples (: i think Ron Ng could be pretty good too, but Raymond *(hand downs)* wins it over Ron.

oh i didn't know wayne already casted in it! i dont watch any more new remakes, i didnt think any could really match up to miu's & barb's. so yea.
    haha he's perfect tho right? hmmmm if wayne couldn't be the drunk buddy, i would chose..... steve ma (: haha i want to his version of drunk;;

leila is cute too! i saw her in TOB but her "cute" is different from princess cute so i didn't really mention her; i think she could so as one of the sisters.. or something.

yea shirley's acting isn't that good but she has the looks (: who else has the looks of a cute-princess??? Liu Yi Fei is cute..
    Bao Jian Feng? Who's that? No doubt, Raymond is the best and there no other actor that can play the role. I would probably prefer the acting more the looks. I mean Leila looks descent enough for the role, but if the acting is bad, I wouldn't be able to like the character.

bao jian feng is the guy who played na ka ra / nha ka la in Lost City In Snow Heaven. he also has a thread..

http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=10360

This show is one of my favorites. I watch it every now & then.

Default questions/summary of the series?

Hi, I am new to this forum. Chor Lau Heung/So Luu Huong is one of my favorite movies! However, there are some things I didn't understand because I don't know Vietnamese well enough. I'm not sure if the movie left out an explanation or I just didn't get it. (Sorry in advance because I don't know how to spell many of the character's names) One of my questions is why the priestess who raised Simon Yam's character pretended to be his mother. Also, even though Simon Yam was actually The Bat Prince, why was there someone who pretended to be him earlier in the series (the guy who ended up being killed by Austin Wai?)

If someone knows of a site where I can find a summary of the series, I'd be grateful. Thanks!

Except for MB's United We Stand, I pretty much went back and watched all of their series together. I find Miu's Foundation's character is just a tad similar to his CLH's character because of his handsomeness (he pretty much looked good in all of his ancient costumes) and his charm towards Babara's characters. Besides LOCH, I liked their CLH and Fearless Duo more because The Foundation was just too tragic for me. It was a bit depressing just watching it. In Fearless Duo, I thought they were great and I was honesty shocked with the ending. I really thought that he had died because they were showing the flashbacks. I must say, they got me.

As for CLH, I like this one too. Although there was that one scene of Mimi Kung's character feeding CLH grapes and then CLH would pull Babara's chacracter down to sit next to him, what episode was that because I saw that on the trailer but not in the series. Does anyone know about how long each episode is supposed to be originally?