Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Adventure of Chor Lau Heung 《楚留香之蝙蝠傳奇》 (1984)

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Chinese Title: 楚留香
    Mandarin pinyin: Chu Liu Xiang
    Canto pinyin: Chor Lau Heung
    English Title: Chor Lau Heung

Poster: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ch...TV_series).jpg
    About 5 years late. I don't think the answer is that easy. Wasn't Adam in many different Chor Lau Heung series? But still thanks Kidd.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    About 5 years late. I don't think the answer is that easy. Wasn't Adam in many different Chor Lau Heung series? But still thanks Kidd.
    Sorry. I didn't know it's so late. I didn't see the date or of page numbers below. I thought it's the latest post.

Yeap, Adam was in many CLH's series. The one I give is the original series that made Adam famous as CLH.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    In the 70s and 80s, TVB would get the actors to act out scenes which were not in the series just for the trailer purposes, so that scene you described was probably filmed just for the themesong, to illustrate that he'll get both girls in the end or something. Like that bit with CLH fighting Simon on the bridge at the end. That wasn't in the series either, I think.
    I searched for this thread just to ask about that fight scene on the bridge. Your post answered it without my asking. Heh. It's too bad the bridge fight was only done for the trailer because it's way cooler than the actual final fight at the end. This is not to say that the actual fight wasn't good, but there is something about actions on a bridge, maybe the limited amount of space to move around. And yes, the fan too. I wish it was CLH who killed the bat king and not the girl. But it's okay.

This series is awesome. I'm glad I got to watch it again. I enjoyed every minute of it. The scene with the Persian father/daughter forcing Yeung Pan Pan's character to marry and Chan Wing Chun's intervention was hilarious.

I remember watching this when I was a kid and was completely addicted to it. I wonder what my perceptions would be watching i now that I've grown up

does any one know where i can get the srt english subtitles for this drama i cant find it anywhere on the net please help

What is srt?
    I am waiting for this series to be released on dvd in my language.

The .srt format, or SubRip Text format, is a file format for text files that are created specifically for the SubRip software. The text is actually a timing data-infused subtitle file that is obtained out from the subtitle data stream of a specific video file. Since the file format only contains some standard information about the subtitle data, it has been known as the most basic of all subtitle text formats. i just want the english subtitles.
    Last edited by subzero4332; 12-14-12 at 08:44 PM.

楚留香 had the opportunity to meet them and learn from them truth
    1ie1/2e1/2e1/2e1/21oe1/2e1/21oe1/2e1/2a1/2a1/21oa1/2e1/2e1/2iua1/2a1/2e1/2e1/21ua1/2a1/2e1/2e1/21u

I really enjoy this series =) Been a very long time since I last watch it. Like the mystery and clues leading to the identification of the bat prince.

I really love Barbara's hair and costume (the soft pastel pink and blue one!) in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I really enjoy this series =) Been a very long time since I last watch it. Like the mystery and clues leading to the identification of the bat prince.
    Wish they used a different voice actor when he was in Bat Prince mode. His voice was pretty obviously him, and of course the see through mask didn't really help. And the body shape looked exactly like him. But I think I was surprised as a kid anyway!
    Last edited by tape; 08-30-15 at 12:20 AM.

Actually when the bat prince first comes out, you can see that the hairstyle was somewhat similar to the hairstyle that simon yam's other character looks like. But it wasn't as obvious. Near the end you can see who he is because they kind of zoom in on his face with the see through mask while he was talking to the ding fung character. But your right as a kid, I was surprise to find out the identity.

I really like the costumes in this series, it was all very pretty.

Does Simon Yam usually play villains in series? Had he ever been given a lead role? His characters always seem to have either a tragic or a messy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    Does Simon Yam usually play villains in series? Had he ever been given a lead role? His characters always seem to have either a tragic or a messy ending.
    Not often, but he does the villain role really well. His role in Police Cadet was quite scary.

Simon Yam is an awesome actor. I used to watch his series wondering how far his character will make it through to the end. HSDS86 was the worst in regards to that. It was my first HSDS adaptation so I went in not knowing the storyline or characters. Simon Yam was looking all fine and dashing with DoDo and of course ended up not even making it through a quarter of the series. That was just depressing since it wasn't even a villain role. I wonder if he selected his roles or if he just got typecasted by TVB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    Simon Yam is an awesome actor. I used to watch his series wondering how far his character will make it through to the end. HSDS86 was the worst in regards to that. It was my first HSDS adaptation so I went in not knowing the storyline or characters. Simon Yam was looking all fine and dashing with DoDo and of course ended up not even making it through a quarter of the series. That was just depressing since it wasn't even a villain role. I wonder if he selected his roles or if he just got typecasted by TVB.
    Simon was the male lead in the gangster series "War of the Dragon" where he made it to the end, and he even married Yammie along the way. There is a lot of emotions from all the male casts in there and Simon is at his best in there.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Not often, but he does the villain role really well. His role in Police Cadet was quite scary.
    His most famous heroic leading role for TVB might have been as the Gambler King Tam Sing in the SHELL GAME series, and as Cheung Chui San in HSDS '86.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Simon was the male lead in the gangster series "War of the Dragon" where he made it to the end, and he even married Yammie along the way. There is a lot of emotions from all the male casts in there and Simon is at his best in there.
    Thank you so much! A series with a happy ending for Simon brings it to the top of my to-watch list!

Simon also played the lead role in Born to be a King, where he was the founding Ming Emperor Zhu Yuanzhang. As Zhu wasn't really a particularly nice person Simon could be seen in a less than flattering light, but it was a really good performance. His role as the King of Vampires in ATV's My Date with a Vampire II was also a great anti-hero role - where he spends most of his screentime trying to save the heroes, only for it all to go wrong and he turns antagonist at the end. On a lighter role, he played twin brothers in a serial "Ma Bou Tai Zhi" (no idea what the English name is), opposite Cally Kwong, Maggie Siu and Margie Tsang (who was his sister or cousin). That was a really nice serial - had a serious main plot but the characters were just delightful and comedic.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    ahh I remember Canti Lau and Derek Wan was also in this series. I do remember he ends up marrying Yammie but I don't remember if they end up together at the end.

Simon also had a very funny role in The blank panther warrior.
    He was also in return of the condor heros.