Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The New Adventure of Chor Lau Heung 《楚留香之蝙蝠傳奇》 (1984)

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Actually you're right, she never did make one for him she just mentioned it. In the final scene he looks at the hairpin he just received in remembrance instead of whatever that thing is called, so I'm thinking that scene might just be a made up one that didn't actually exist in the series.

I've watched a few episodes on dramaice, and from what I can tell it's unabridged. There aren't any scenes missing that I can remember. There's just a lot of scenes in the themesong that don't actually exist in the series.
    I've gotten to ep 20 now, and can confirm that the ornament was indeed from Wah Jan Jan, the Huashan girl. Siu Ching didn't make anything for Chor Lau Heung due to her poor sewing skill. I think Chor was looking at the ornament because he was still baffled that Jan Jan actually loved him (so much for being a ladies' man, Chor, not knowing that a girl took a fancy on you!).

Hi guys, I finally sat down and wrote a fan-fiction based on the 1984 Chor Lau Heung. The link is here:

http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...-1984-fan.html

and here's the summary:

Just as you are

After the events in the Legend of the Bats, Princess Wing Ching decided to leave the Palace and travelled around with the Lingering Fragrance. They were finally married, but it doesnt mean that Siu Ching could easily get rid of her insecurities regarding the three smart girls that Chor had adopted and had lived with him for more than a decade. In such circumstances, what should a girl do then?

I've also been summarising the CLH 84 episodes. I still have about 10 episodes to go, then I can post it on my blog. I will put the link here as well.

Any constructive comments are greatly appreciated!

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Hi guys, I finally sat down and wrote a fan-fiction based on the 1984 Chor Lau Heung. The link is here:

and here's the summary:

Just as you are

After the events in the Legend of the Bats, Princess Wing Ching decided to leave the Palace and travelled around with the Lingering Fragrance. They were finally married, but it doesnt mean that Siu Ching could easily get rid of her insecurities regarding the three smart girls that Chor had adopted and had lived with him for more than a decade. In such circumstances, what should a girl do then?

I've also been summarising the CLH 84 episodes. I still have about 10 episodes to go, then I can post it on my blog. I will put the link here as well.

Promising start. Good portray of the characters seen in the series.

On a personal note I would have liked to have seen a demonstration of CLH legendary agility. Have fun

The pink fish momento is a fragrant pouch that Wah Jan Jan made for CLH. There was a previous scene where SSC saw the pouch that WJJ was making and teased WJJ about it. SSC said that she cannot make something like that and asked if WJJ could give it to her. WJJ refused. When WJJ presented that pouch to CLH, SSC was upset. In fact, CLH was hesitant about accepting that pouch and had looked at SSC before accepting it. SSC ran off when CLH took the pouch and the drunken friend of CLH teased CLH about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sowfoong View Post
    The pink fish momento is a fragrant pouch that Wah Jan Jan made for CLH. There was a previous scene where SSC saw the pouch that WJJ was making and teased WJJ about it. SSC said that she cannot make something like that and asked if WJJ could give it to her. WJJ refused. When WJJ presented that pouch to CLH, SSC was upset. In fact, CLH was hesitant about accepting that pouch and had looked at SSC before accepting it. SSC ran off when CLH took the pouch and the drunken friend of CLH teased CLH about it.
    Yep, I can confirm this too ^_^ It was actually very nice to see CLH being reluctant in accepting the pouch. He did care for SC after all, despite his carefree attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post

On a personal note I would have liked to have seen a demonstration of CLH legendary agility. Have fun
    Thanks, Mandred! I'm not good with depicting swords fighting. It's been a while since I wrote fan-fictions, so I'm a bit rusty. But who knows, Brother Chor might visit me again soon with some fighting skills...

Meanwhile, here's another one:

http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...eung-1984.html

The Greeting

This is my take on the scene before Chor Lau Heung greeted Siu Ching as their Princess in episode 20.

Chor Lau Heung raised his hand to knock on the door. The girl he grew to care for no...love, not just care for like no other woman was in that room. She was resting, or perhaps talking to Wah Jan Jan. He wanted nothing more than to enter the room, politely asked Miss Wah to give them privacy, and then hug Siu Ching and never let her go again. But he couldn't do that. He had no rights to do that.
    The remaining text can be viewed from the link above.

and here's the summary:

Just as you are

so far so good =)

Thank you, Nan Ling!

Here's another fanfiction. I don't expect this frenzy to continue due to my schedule, but I still have two head canons that I hope to post in the next few days...

http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...rpin-chor.html

The Wanderer who took her hairpin

My take on a possible scene after Chor Lau Heung left with Siu Chings hairpin and before they met again on his boat in Ep 40. Chor Lau Heung 1984 is the property of Gu Long and TVB HK. This fanfiction is dedicated to Michael Miu Kiu Wai and Barbara Yung Mei Ling.

Princess Wing Ching absentmindedly touched her elaborate coiffeur. Something was missing there, and she knew well what it was. It was a gold hairpin dotted with pearls and small diamonds. It was one of her favourite hairpins that were too flashy to bring outside the palace during her adventures that eventually led her to meet Chor Lau Heung, a.k.a. the man who eventually took the hairpin away. Upon returning to the palace after their unforgettable adventure, she was happy to find that the hairpin was still in her jewellery box. She had purposely worn the hairpin that day for the private audience between Brother Chor and Emperor Father. She never expected Lingering Fragrance to choose the hairpin over her, hence she didn't bother to say anything when he properly made leave in front of her family. Oh, he had looked at her alright, but she was still too shock and confused to say anything, not even to wish him a safe journey.
    The remaining texts are in the link below.

Can someone check their copy of this show from Tai Seng, USA DVD... I bought a used copy but it seems like it's a bootleg.

The cover is very pixelated and the DVD dataside is blue color like a PC rip/burn job and not pressed at a factory. Heck the cover looks like it was printed off a color printer and not a professional printer.

can you provide a link to the seller you bought it from?

How many episodes do you have? The Dramanice one is 40 ep, and they have been edited (particularly the last few episodes, particularly ep 40). Not major editing, but it does disturb the viewing because we can tell where they edited the scenes out.

Hey guys, I finally posted the episode guides for Chor Lau Heung 84. The episode guides can be found here:
    http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...CLH%20episodes

I've got eps 1-36, and will post ep 37-40 tomorrow night.

I've also made a post on "CLH 1984 101" for those who are not familiar with the series. It contains major plots and major character guides.

http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...-chor-lau.html

can you provide a link to the seller you bought it from?

How many episodes do you have? The Dramanice one is 40 ep, and they have been edited (particularly the last few episodes, particularly ep 40). Not major editing, but it does disturb the viewing because we can tell where they edited the scenes out.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-New-Adve...-/271381759616

Not cheap... $60 plus shipping and it has 40 episodes.

I think what happened is they copied the original TVB DVDs. The 40 episodes are the same with that of Dramanice, i.e. The edited version. But have you tries watching it? If their copy is good, the quality might not be so compromised compared to the online version which has lower resolutions to accommodate streaming and download speed. Thus, it might not be too much of a loss after all?

I've posted the summary of the last four episodes (37-40) here:

http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...eps-37-40.html

Enjoy jogging your memory!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandred Skavenslayer View Post

Hi Mandred, Chor tai-ko gave me some inspirations to write an action-based one shot. Well, half action, half romance.

Tough Love

Chor Lau Heung battled an enemy who kidnapped Song Siu Ching and almost killed her. Chor realised he didn't train Siu Ching enough hence gave her a very strict, hard-core boot camp. After two weeks, Siu Ching had more than enough bruises and frustration. Chor Lau Heung 1984 is the property of Gu Long and TVB HK. This fanfiction is dedicated to Michael Miu Kiu Wai and Barbara Yung Mei Ling. I own nothing but my love to them and this series.

-xxx-

Chor Lau Heung crouched behind the bush in the darkness. He knew he had to show himself soon, but he preferred to observe his surroundings first, pitch dark as it was. He squinted to see any signs around, including in the tree canopies. It was a moonless night, but he thought he saw something moving slightly on a tree across the clearing in front of him. Tentatively, he walked into the open clearing towards the tree. A swift sound alerted him and he pirouetted to the closest tree branch to avoid a flying dagger. Yet, as he landed his right foot on the branch, he caught another swift sound and had to backflip off the branch to avoid another dagger. Using both his gravity-defying skill and his agility, he had to do several somersaults among tree branches to avoid not only flying daggers but also throwing-stars. Eventually, the Lingering Fragrance had enough. He unhooked the Jade Sword he'd been carrying and, as he leapt towards his target tree, rotated the central point of the scabbard around his body to make an effective spherical shield as he used his gravity-defying skill (ching gung/qinggong) to practically fly towards the tree. As he parried the daggers and throwing-stars with that method, the offensive items scattered around him. Some were even reflected back to his offenders as could be heard from their gasps and cries as their weapons flew back at them. Closing in to the tree, Chor Lau Heung caught the last dagger thrown at him and threw it to the tree instead. He heard metal clanking before a chilling laughter broke.

The link is here:

Hope you enjoy it!

and here's another fan-fiction, taken from ep 11 when Chor tai-ko had a heart attack.

http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...-chor-lau.html

Chor Lau Heungs subconscious thoughts as he drifted into and out of comma after the fight with Yat Dim Hung, and also his musing on the events before and after he took a wrong medication in eps 11 (click here for the summary of all episodes). Particularly inspired by the way Chor tai-ko reached for Siu Ching when he had the heart attack. This fanfiction is dedicated to Michael Miu Kiu Wai and Barbara Yung Mei Ling. I own nothing but my love to them and this series.

The annoying but lovely girl

Chor Lau Heung tried to raise his chi to balance the storm of energy within his chest. The imbalance was too great though; the internal storm attacked him back, causing him to double over coughing. He gasped as he felt a greater pain piercing his chest from within. One of his hands grabbed his chest as the other hand reached forward towards the people around him. His adopted sisters and a girl wearing a pearly white dress he successfully saved earlier. Siu Ching...

His hands reached hers as she called his name in panic. He couldn't respond, but he desperately needed to hold onto her hands as an anchor. He felt his chi slipping away and he needed her to ground him, thus he felt a tiny flush of relief as her small hands firmly holding onto him. He coughed again and then heard the commotions around him. Yung Yung's and Tim Yi's voice, then Siu Ching saying something about giving him a pill. Then he felt someone opening his mouth and force-fed him the pill. He automatically swallowed it, hoping for the best.

I never finished this series although I picked it up purely for YML.

I found the princess very annoying and dis nothing for the plot line. Even the very gentle girl from the sect was less annoying.
    Last edited by Linda; 10-07-15 at 10:02 PM.

Sorry you feel that way, Linda... cos if you do find time to finish the series, you might like it. The princess was very crucial to the plot, tho she wasn't an original Gu Long character. Anyway, each to their own ^_^

Also my apologies for bombarding with fan-fiction links. But seems some MB/CLH84 are still out there, cos my stats picked up some visits after I posted the fan-fiction links. As I said before, it won't last long, particularly because I'm going to the field in a few weeks' time. But while I'm at it... I'm apparently at it.

Here's the next fan-fiction, about SC giving birth. I do thank anyone who has visited my site and read the fan-fictions. Thanks for taking your time.

Baby delivery

Siu Ching was in the last week of her pregnancy and Chor Lau Heung unexpectedly had to help delivering the baby because Dr Cheong and the girls were detained in an infected town. Featuring Wu Tit Fa who was too scared to help due to excessive blood. Special thanks to the ladies at the MB Paradise, Network 54 and SPCNet.tv who have been reading my fan-fictions so far. Chor Lau Heung 1984 is the property of Gu Long and TVB HK. This fanfiction is dedicated to Michael Miu Kiu Wai and Barbara Yung Mei Ling. I own nothing but my love to them and this series (click here to read all CLH'84 episodes).

-xxx-

Chor Lau Heung looked back at the gate several times before returning to the dining room where his wife was sitting. His very pregnant wife, to be exact, only a week into her due date.

"Stop worrying Chor tai-ko, they'll be fine," said Song Siu Ching, opening a cup of tea and filling it. She looked peachy in her favourite soft pink maternity dress. "Here, have some tea."

"I know," smiled her Brother Chor as he took the tea. "It's just the trip shouldn't take that long for them to return. They said they'd be back yesterday, and now the sun will set in a few hours and they haven't returned."

"Do you think the illness in town is so bad? It might prevent them to come?" as Siu Ching sipped her own tea, her other hand massaging her very large abdomen. She winced a bit when she felt a kick, then she smiled. Chor Lau Heung registered the wince quicker than the smile tho, so he quickly leaned towards her and asked if she was okay. Siu Ching smiled again, looking alternately between her belly and her husband.

"It just kicked me."

Me again. Although it seems I'm doing a monologue here, I actually have received regular readers to my CLH-related blog posts, so I guess announcements here pay off... Thanks to everyone who have visited my site. I have got several regular visitors now, reading the CLH posts for more than half an hour for each visit. Thank you so much.

Anyway. I have some updates of CLH 84:

The translations of the opening and closing CLH themes by Ramon and Liza:

http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...d-closing.html - after learning their meanings, I can definitely relate the opening theme to Chor Lau Heung's personality. The closing theme is more of CLH/SC.

I've also just finished a new fanfiction of CLH:
    http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...-wanderer.html

To assist Yuen Tsui Wan, Kam Ling Chi poisoned Chor Lau Heung, Wu Tit Fa and the three ladies. Chor was almost defeated by Ting Fung but Sit Siu Yan and Wah Jan Jan arrived to save the day. Then Khoo Tai Pang found out their hideout. This fanfiction takes time after Siu Ching met Sit Siu Yan in town and went to the mansion to assist Chor tai-ko (ep 35). Instead of asking Tim Yi to play music and acting all cool, Chor et al found a hidden passage inside the house (with the help of the Pak Ah zither) where he hid his friends there. Chor then faced Khoo Tai Pang alone. Chor still sustained injuries from his fight with Ting Fung, hence he was easily defeated and captured. It was now up to Siu Ching to rescue him. Featuring Chor Lau Heung first kissing Song Siu Ching. Violence, romance, action.

... and I've watched Fearless Duo 1984 (also starring Michael Miu and Barbara Yung). I love the series so much, so I made the episode summary and wrote a fanfic about Szeto Man Mo and Lam Chor Yin here:

http://becomingicha.blogspot.com.au/...Fearless%20Duo

Hey I'm not that interested in fanfics, but just like to say it's cool how much time and effort you've spent on this series! And I watched an episode on dramaice and finally found an obvious cut part. When Zuo and Xit first duel and are stopped by the servant telling them his daughter is sick and about to die, I distinctly remember there being a few seconds of dialogue but it just got cut off. It wasn't major, but I guess there were a lot of scenes like that. It'd be kind of fun to see if people can remember the cut out scenes [even if only a few seconds].

The closing theme I never thought to try to find, but thanks for the link it's great.

Edit: I'm really surprised they even bothered to cut anything at all. VCD releases from the early 2000's made sense since it saved a lot of physical space in discs, but cutting a few seconds from a few episodes doesn't seem to accomplish anything for DVD releases. As horrible as the Grand Canal was for example in cutting, they probably saved 20-30% in costs from cutting so much. I don't know why you would cut like 1% of the content.
    Last edited by tape; 10-19-15 at 01:04 AM.