Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Adventure of Chor Lau Heung 《楚留香之蝙蝠傳奇》 (1984)

Default The New Adventure of Chor Lau Heung 《楚留香之蝙蝠傳奇》 (1984)

The New Adventure of Chor Lau Heung with Micheal Miu and Barbara Yung is one of my favorite all time series. I just purchased the vcds and was disappointed that so many scenes, particularly some scenes I specifally remembered as a child watching the series are not in the vcd version.

So I asked those that are lucky enough to either remember the series very well, or happened to have the vhs version can kindly tell me when did Chor Lau Heung fell in love with Song Siu Jing. CLH displayed of his feeling is so subtle that if he didn't mentioned it with Wu Tiet Fa, I wouldn't know he actually have fell in love with Song Siu Jing.

Since many scenes are cut out, the story didn't flowed as smoothly. So I wondered how CLH fell in love with Song Siu Jing when their scenes are so few in between. Sure it's a series only but still it need to be a little bit realistic. So those that have excellent memory of the series, please let me know when he fell in love with Song Siu Jing. Thanks to everyone.
    Last edited by triumph2004; 01-21-09 at 04:17 PM.

Like you, I also love this series when I was a child. I mean I still do now, it's just that I'm not as crazy about it anymore.

Anyway, in reply to your question, I have also thought of this question before. TVB tends to cut a lot of the scenes out of their old series and I'm tired of it. Though I don't have the vcd for this series, I remember the series quite well. If you ask me, I would say Chor Lau Heung finally realized that he fell in love with Siu Ching in the scene after he got well and found out from his three girls that she left with Kwok Fung's character. Yeah, the scene when they were at the magical doctor's office.

Thanks alot. It makes sense now that's why he was so sad when he heard the siu jing left. An online friend of mine send me a link of one of the scene cut out from my vcd where MKW gave water to ML after he realized his sister didn't give her one. When MKW pull ML close to him and ask her who she really is, I nearly swooned. My god, that scene was so intense. The way Miu looked at ML is way to bothersome-I nearly need a fan to cool me down.

I have the VCD set too. Such a waste of money. There is a taiwanese DVD version. I'm still thinking whether or not I should get it.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

I hope it comes out on DVD or reruns on JadeWorld, I'd be all over it, I'd be all over the themesong if I could find it........................ hell I'd throw mad $$$$$$$ for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sfccrx View Post
    I hope it comes out on DVD or reruns on JadeWorld, I'd be all over it, I'd be all over the themesong if I could find it........................ hell I'd throw mad $$$$$$$ for it.
    Well throw your money at Almo89, he has what your looking for.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Well throw your money at Almo89, he has what your looking for.
    Or he could throw money at joo
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

I'm see if my Uncle in HK can get it for me, there was an old TV Series called Big Hong Kong that I couldn't find the soundtrack to by Connie Mak, he found it for me, we had the cassette, but we wore the hell out of it. There's only a handful of people that listen to my genre anyways, I got all of Anita Mui's CD's and a few of Leslie Cheung, I even got some rare Chan Chung Ling CD's when I was in HK years and years ago.

On a side note, I did get the CD to The Return of Luk Siu Fung by Jenny Tseng, thanks all for your help. I'm jamming now.

I got tons of oldies, trying to convert all my CD's to mp3's but having American, Chinese, and Japanese music, I got like over 1,000 CDs................................... and don't get me started on DVD's, oldies anime is my weakness, plus Voyagers and Isis is coming out this month.

I never get tired of oldies whether it be audio or visual.
    Last edited by sfccrx; 07-06-07 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sfccrx View Post
    I'm see if my Uncle in HK can get it for me, there was an old TV Series called Big Hong Kong that I couldn't find the soundtrack to by Connie Mak, he found it for me, we had the cassette, but we wore the hell out of it. There's only a handful of people that listen to my genre anyways, I got all of Anita Mui's CD's and a few of Leslie Cheung, I even got some rare Chan Chung Ling CD's when I was in HK years and years ago.

On a side note, I did get the CD to The Return of Luk Siu Fung by Jenny Tseng, thanks all for your help. I'm jamming now.

I got tons of oldies, trying to convert all my CD's to mp3's but having American, Chinese, and Japanese music, I got like over 1,000 CDs................................... and don't get me started on DVD's, oldies anime is my weakness, plus Voyagers and Isis is coming out this month.

I never get tired of oldies whether it be audio or visual.
    Yeah old stuff never gets old. Collecting DVD's and CD's is my hobby too. I'm very picky though.

i love this series too! i loved the barbara yung & michael miu relationship;;; they're super cute together. (: too bad they didn't do more!! i want to see the modern series they did together. (:

but yea, i loved how this series was well planned, smooth transitions, and good plot. but i could the that simon was the bad guy because of his forehead.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by christinatran View Post
    Thanks alot. It makes sense now that's why he was so sad when he heard the siu jing left. An online friend of mine send me a link of one of the scene cut out from my vcd where MKW gave water to ML after he realized his sister didn't give her one. When MKW pull ML close to him and ask her who she really is, I nearly swooned. My god, that scene was so intense. The way Miu looked at ML is way to bothersome-I nearly need a fan to cool me down.
    Oh! Yes! The scene was very...I don't know how to describe it...i like how TVB didn't exaggerate their scenes back in the 80's...everything just flows naturally...i have a stronger feeling...just love that scene..just look at their eyes..if you want to read more on chor lau heung, read my review...just go to TVB Today...

wow i must not have a VCD version i remember that scene quite well!!! yes i agree i love howthey dont exagerrate scenes back in the 80's i've watched most of my mom's 80's series.

btw tvbtoday i tried ur link. it doesn't werk!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    I have the VCD set too. Such a waste of money. There is a taiwanese DVD version. I'm still thinking whether or not I should get it.
    Don't waste your money on the taiwanese dvd version with Richie Ren because that was the worst adaptation of CLH ever. There was no plot whatsoever and people died unnecessarily. Not to mention Richie couldn't pulled off being CLH. He lacked the good look, the charm, and the charisma.

agreee^^ i saw the cover he's too skinnyyy and scrawny. michael was best (: lol

Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    wow i must not have a VCD version i remember that scene quite well!!! yes i agree i love howthey dont exagerrate scenes back in the 80's i've watched most of my mom's 80's series.

btw tvbtoday i tried ur link. it doesn't werk!!!!!
    I tried the link and it works fine. sometimes the site is temporarily down and i know i hate that too, but i can't do anything. try again.

but there's a question mark in your link between index.html and thenumbers... i even tried to break it down to geocities.com/tvbtoday & it didn't work either. so yea. i had a geocities but it was hard to keep up with the frames layout i had... bleh. so i moved it to blogger... after xanga (: haha.

hmmm. maybe i should re-wwatch some old series so i can write some reviews......

you should. It'll put all the new series to shame. Nowadays, the wuxia outfits are horrible and not to mention, they are seldom changed in the series. If the audience are lucky, the actors might change it one or two times.

yup, the oldies were definitely goodies.

agree oldies are good (: im gonna try re-watch the dvd and write a review maybe take some screen pics. literally

Yeah, I really like this series. Sometimes I wish CLH would be less subtle with expressing his feelings. What? Too cool to show your feelings openly?

Miu Kiu Wai's version is the one I remember most, and I've seen Adam Cheng's version but don't remember much. Too young I suppose. Anyone know what's the title of Adam Cheng's version is? Like not the English titles but in pinyin or even better if you can post up the cover of them.

I wonder if theres any actors in TVB today can take on the role of Chor Lau Heung and who could act as his lady friends?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.