Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: More members on spcnet

  1. #1
    Senior Member 0-0-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    6,635

    Default More members on spcnet

    Is it just me or have we had more people on spcnet lately?

    i just saw 150 people looking at the wuxia forum

  2. #2
    Senior Member ChestNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    Is it just me or have we had more people on spcnet lately?

    i just saw 150 people looking at the wuxia forum
    OMG reli?/ maybe fake ones?/ hahaha but i was never into wuxia.. weird dat i'm in spc huh..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

    YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

  3. #3
    Senior Member foreva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    863

    Default

    crawler bots.

  4. #4
    Senior Member GuGu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    YunJae Heaven
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut View Post
    OMG reli?/ maybe fake ones?/ hahaha but i was never into wuxia.. weird dat i'm in spc huh..
    hahaha, then what are you doing here? just kiddin' yeah, i see a lot of new members or older members starting to post more. i'm guessing it's because school's out and people don't go on vacations anymore?

  5. #5
    Senior Member annaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    new yorker
    Posts
    974

    Default

    they could also be guests.
    most of the new members dont really post much anyways.
    The best part of believe is the lie.

  6. #6
    Registered User yearning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Something interesting I've noticed about Spcnet vs. the other "big forums". Asianfanatics, popularasians, and Soompi are 3 of the largest Asian forms, and they usually outnumber spcnet in terms of viistors. But even so, I was just looking at the proportion of online users.

    This is the breakdown for Soompi:

    1915 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
    716 guests, 1006 members, 193 anonymous members

    But for Spcnet, it's something like 840 guests and 18 registered. Why is that? How come people don't like registering on Spcnet?

  7. #7
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    Something interesting I've noticed about Spcnet vs. the other "big forums". Asianfanatics, popularasians, and Soompi are 3 of the largest Asian forms, and they usually outnumber spcnet in terms of viistors. But even so, I was just looking at the proportion of online users.

    This is the breakdown for Soompi:

    1915 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
    716 guests, 1006 members, 193 anonymous members

    But for Spcnet, it's something like 840 guests and 18 registered. Why is that? How come people don't like registering on Spcnet?
    Probably because SPCNET doesn't allow members to flood their signature with graphics and/or that SPCNET have a simpler layout that isn't extravagant with idol graphics and whatever. All that fancy stuff. But I like it that way because we value the quality of the content rather than the exterior design that don't count for anything but looks.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  8. #8
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,704

    Default

    Holy crapola!

    SPCNET just went down for about ten minutes, and when it came back, I was the only person online at the site!

    Scary...

  9. #9
    Administrator spcnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    I was playing.

    Expect another minor outage in a few more minutes.
    -SC

  10. #10
    Moderator Suet Seung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spcnet View Post
    I was playing.

    Expect another minor outage in a few more minutes.
    You were playing? What are you a small kitty playing with yarn?

    What exactly are you doing?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

    Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

  11. #11
    Administrator spcnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    You were playing? What are you a small kitty playing with yarn?

    What exactly are you doing?
    *meow* yes. Changing some server configuration properties to alleviate the site problems. It requires restarting the web server, thus the temporary outage... and it happened already.
    -SC

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    Something interesting I've noticed about Spcnet vs. the other "big forums". Asianfanatics, popularasians, and Soompi are 3 of the largest Asian forms, and they usually outnumber spcnet in terms of viistors. But even so, I was just looking at the proportion of online users.

    This is the breakdown for Soompi:

    1915 user(s) active in the past 15 minutes
    716 guests, 1006 members, 193 anonymous members

    But for Spcnet, it's something like 840 guests and 18 registered. Why is that? How come people don't like registering on Spcnet?
    because..
    1. the other "big forums" has many off-topic and "chit-chat" sections so i guess they sign up not having to worry about watching what they say each time because they ARE allowed to spam.
    2. since the "big forums" are already so popular, many people create accounts to past time- those sites are usually pretty damn active..which can also go back to spamming. more ppl > more fun. *reminds me of possible sad lonely boys and girls posting around, trying to find a soulmate LMFAO
    3. they have a pic forum so asiaphiles, horny bastards, or normal curious ppl keke sign up so they can view the pics that members post of themselves. u need to have an account to access any pics thread, right?

    yeah, that's all the reasons i can think of. i'm pretty sure i'm right too
    Last edited by imthatlady; 06-22-07 at 07:31 AM. Reason: serious grammar issues!
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

    <3 them.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Raenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Those forums out there allow uploading and downloading of music I downloaded my OSTs mainly from some of the above listed forums ... ...

  14. #14
    Senior Member pemberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    pimptown, USA
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    But for Spcnet, it's something like 840 guests and 18 registered. Why is that? How come people don't like registering on Spcnet?
    i don't think it's a matter of people not registering. a lot of times, people will come browse spcnet and not log in and just read ppl's posts. i'm usually on here as a guest most of the time, and usually just log in when i want to reply to a thread.

    there are some forums where you have to log in before you can access the forum at all.
    nytimes: Every hr you have 10 minutes where youíre not doing anything productive at work, & you canít look at porn. So you make a comment & fulfill this desire to show yourself off as a smarty-pants.

  15. #15
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    i don't think it's a matter of people not registering. a lot of times, people will come browse spcnet and not log in and just read ppl's posts. i'm usually on here as a guest most of the time, and usually just log in when i want to reply to a thread.

    there are some forums where you have to log in before you can access the forum at all.
    You know what I've noticed on occassion when I use the "Who's Who" function is unregistered visitors trying to *reply* to threads. Those replies never go through for obvious reasons, but I just wonder what kind of person would even try to reply without registering/logging in. Must be total Internet newbies.

  16. #16
    Senior Member pemberly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    pimptown, USA
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    You know what I've noticed on occassion when I use the "Who's Who" function is unregistered visitors trying to *reply* to threads. Those replies never go through for obvious reasons, but I just wonder what kind of person would even try to reply without registering/logging in. Must be total Internet newbies.
    internet noob...like me! i actually do that, bc it prompts me to sign in when i click reply. and, as i usually only sign in to reply, it saves me a step. i've discovered all the little short cuts to feed my laziness!
    nytimes: Every hr you have 10 minutes where youíre not doing anything productive at work, & you canít look at porn. So you make a comment & fulfill this desire to show yourself off as a smarty-pants.

  17. #17
    Moderator Ken Cheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    22,704

    Default

    I'll tell you one odd thing, at around 6:00 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time today, there were *219* viewers on the the Fan Fiction Forum and 117 on the Wuxia Forum.

    The thing is, that 219 had been 119 until I refreshed the page, and somehow, 100 more viewers appeared like magic.

    I thought we were being hacked. Maybe we were.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-02-08, 09:51 AM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-26-08, 12:27 AM
  3. New Members
    By sarakoth in forum Technical Issues
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 05-27-07, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •