Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official CFL Thread

Lions beat the TiCats in an ugly one. Man our offense looks bad and predictable out there. Too many times they have 6 receiver packages. Hmm I wonder if they are gonna pass? We have Ian Smart and Joe Smith. They should try using 2 back packages more often. You can fake the hand off to Smith and toss it over to Smart the odd time. Buck Pierce was way to safe. He kept on going for short crossing patterns to Clermont. Clermont got clobbered on a 4 yard pass. It was a crossing pattern into the Linebackers. Geroy was open so many times against Hamilton's vanilla Defence, but only ended up with 3 catches. Pierce gets hurt and Jarious Jackson comes in. He goes for a few deep ones, but still not enough. We need more a vertical attack.

Defence was good enough, but worst performance of the season. Jesse Lumsden finished the night with 158 yards rushing. Our starting outside linebacker Otis Floyd was injured, so we put Jay Pottinger there. They attacked Pottinger good. Later they put Jamal Johnson there and Lumsden was more controlled by our D in the 2nd half.

Special teams was great. Macallum kept on pinning the Ti Cats deep and Jamal Johnson is awesome with the special teams coverage. He was able to get down the field so fast, make the tackle and not take a no yards penalty.

It was an ugly win and this looks very 2005 when we went 11-0 and got our @sses handed to us down the stretch. We need to fix the offense!
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Lions beat the TiCats in an ugly one. Man our offense looks bad and predictable out there. Too many times they have 6 receiver packages. Hmm I wonder if they are gonna pass? We have Ian Smart and Joe Smith. They should try using 2 back packages more often. You can fake the hand off to Smith and toss it over to Smart the odd time. Buck Pierce was way to safe. He kept on going for short crossing patterns to Clermont. Clermont got clobbered on a 4 yard pass. It was a crossing pattern into the Linebackers. Geroy was open so many times against Hamilton's vanilla Defence, but only ended up with 3 catches. Pierce gets hurt and Jarious Jackson comes in. He goes for a few deep ones, but still not enough. We need more a vertical attack.

Defence was good enough, but worst performance of the season. Jesse Lumsden finished the night with 158 yards rushing. Our starting outside linebacker Otis Floyd was injured, so we put Jay Pottinger there. They attacked Pottinger good. Later they put Jamal Johnson there and Lumsden was more controlled by our D in the 2nd half.

Special teams was great. Macallum kept on pinning the Ti Cats deep and Jamal Johnson is awesome with the special teams coverage. He was able to get down the field so fast, make the tackle and not take a no yards penalty.

It was an ugly win and this looks very 2005 when we went 11-0 and got our @sses handed to us down the stretch. We need to fix the offense!
    I can't believe the quiet season Geroy's been having. Although he claims it's due to the return of some great receivers from injuries and he doesn't have to carry the load as much, I don't really buy it. You're talking about a guy who had an MVP season last year while being double teamed consistently down the stretch. With guys like Clermont and Jackson coming back from injuries, that should only open up the game even more for Simon. Sure they may not throw as much to him, but his numbers the last few games are incredibly low.

Honestly, I think Maas has got to go. He needs a fresh start before his dropping confidence will end his career in the CFL. I think Timmy Chang and Stefan LeFors are the two best up and coming QBs and it's time for the Ti-Kittens to let Chang take more minutes. I was extremely disappointed Maas continued to stay in the game with the lack-luster performance he once again showed. I had the feeling if he came in a little into the third quarter, the result would have been different.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')

The Lions come off a big win at home against the Als. Jarious Jackson struggled at the beginning with a bunch of 3 and outs. Then big Joe came in and ran the ball down the Als throat. JJ looked a lot more comfortable as the running game was working. This allowed JJ to throw in more play action that drew the Als big time. We finally see the Lions use more 2 back sets. They had Joe Smith and Ian Smart in the backfield. Ian Smart even had a couple of touchdowns! This was by far the most dominating performance on the ground I have seen in a long time.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

With one week left, the playoffs will be starting. BC Lions taking 5 out of the 6 western nominations for the CFL awards. Joe Smith needs 2 more TDs, to beat pringle's record. Paris Jackson needs 70 yards to be the 3rd Lion this year to get 1000 yards receiving. This is all setting up to be a great playoffs.

As a fan, I would like to see the riders here on Nov 18. Usually the riders bring out the best out of the Lions and the games are usually very good. I can't wait and got my tickets already. Lets get 60,000 and jam the place.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

i'll try to goto the game, but i've already spend too much money on nucks tix already so unless i can unload some of them i'll have to think about it.
    good to see geroy simon's season end number after a slow start. just goes to show wat a great player he is, dat he can spot the league a few games and still catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by superkaratemonkey View Post
    i'll try to goto the game, but i've already spend too much money on nucks tix already so unless i can unload some of them i'll have to think about it.
    good to see geroy simon's season end number after a slow start. just goes to show wat a great player he is, dat he can spot the league a few games and still catch up.
    Lions tickets are affordable. You can do it! See ya there!

I'm so jacked. Big game tomorrow. I haven't been able to sleep or work properly for the whole week.

Sorry for my lack of contribution to this thread. But as you've probably guessed it from my avatar and signature, that I'm pretty hapy with the ending to the season.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')