Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official CFL Thread

Default The Official CFL Thread

Thought I'd make one for all those who follow...which I don't expect to be too many. Alright, season's about to start. What kind of fans do we have here? Rider fan right here.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')

what is cfl? chinese football league? meaning soccer?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    what is cfl? chinese football league? meaning soccer?
    no idea
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Canadian Football League?

I didn't know Canada has a Football League until recently

Quote Originally Posted by Versace View Post
    Canadian Football League?

I didn't know Canada has a Football League until recently
    Wow, I'm impressed. How did you find out?
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')

canadian football or soccer?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by wang23 View Post
    Wow, I'm impressed. How did you find out?
    I've looked it up

I knew it was not US College Football because they are usually known as College Football Conference.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    canadian football or soccer?
    Football

SWEET! I wanted to start one, but didn't see any interest. GO LIONS GO!
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Versace
    I've looked it up
    Good job! Maybe you should starting tuning into the league. Speaking of which, I forgot what day is tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    SWEET! I wanted to start one, but didn't see any interest. GO LIONS GO!
    Lions??? I'm neutral towards BC, eventhough they knocked out the Riders last season. They always have a good team. Only team I hate is Calgary and Trash Lewis.

Good job! Maybe you should starting tuning into the league. Speaking of which, I forgot what day is tomorrow?

Lions??? I'm neutral towards BC, eventhough they knocked out the Riders last season. They always have a good team. Only team I hate is Calgary and Trash Lewis.
    Geroy called them Trick Lewis and Jermaine Hopeless

I hate going to Lions games and all I see is a bunch of green patches.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Geroy called them Trick Lewis and Jermaine Hopeless

I hate going to Lions games and all I see is a bunch of green patches.
    Gotta give them some credit for being so loyal. They stay with their team from thick to thin. In all honesty, the Riders have not given much for their fans to cheer about for over 10 years. Opposite of the Flame fans I must say. Season starts tomorrow...can't wait.

Are you following FSN? The pick your 10 players roster thing?

I know how you feel. I was a fan of the Lions through the tough times. We sucked for so many years in the 90s. Nobody cared about the team and the stadium was dead. We didn't even host a playoff game for the longest time. Finally Bobby Ackles came over and turned the team around. You can no longer get tickets on game day anymore.

FSN?? Nope never heard of it.

Canada, in an igloo and i'm a lumber jack and we only have honey curlers up here. And hockey rules!

yeah cfl. ok truthfully speaking i don't know much about football and i dont care about it as much as i do for hockey. but just for the pride of my city, GO ESK GO!!

The Lions beat the argos. Overall ugly game. Special teams was the only thing special about this game. Offense looked horrible on both sides. Damon Allen is on thin ice now. I think it's time for him to move on. The Lions offense needs to be better agains the Eskies next week. GO LIONS GO!

Oh, I totally tune out when it comes to football, well, with the exception of my hometown football team. I wonder why you're a Rider fan?

Tomorrow...is July 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Versace View Post
    Oh, I totally tune out when it comes to football, well, with the exception of my hometown football team. I wonder why you're a Rider fan?
    Cause they're only like...the best team everrrrrr! LoL. Just kidding. I have my reasons, but they're quite awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Versace
    Tomorrow...is July 4th
    Precisely. That's what I was referring too. What'd you think I was talking about?

FSN?? Nope never heard of it.
    There's two competitions...one where you pick 10 players every week and you accumulate points from those players. One challenge is for picking the winners of each week. I also signed up for the Stampeders Red & White Challenge at forum.gostampsgo.com. It's a free competition that offers pretty decent prizes. And look at those Riders! We knocked off Montreal at Montreal...supposedly like the second best team in the CFL according to Chris Schultz's rankings. I'm kind of worried about Cow Town though. Last two games including pre-season we only combined for two tds. Up against probably the best offense in the league, not sure if we can put up the points to match them....

Don't look too much into pre season. It usually means nothing.

Lions and Eskies tonight. I'm fricking pumped.

Lions and Eskies tonight. I'm fricking pumped.
    Blasted Lions! They chewed us up! Tsk, tsk, I'd hate to be an Eskimo fan for next game.

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

The Lions beat the argos. Overall ugly game. Special teams was the only thing special about this game. Offense looked horrible on both sides. Damon Allen is on thin ice now. I think it's time for him to move on. The Lions offense needs to be better agains the Eskies next week. GO LIONS GO!
    argos starting QB is injured now (bishop i think?) so allen mite get a 2nd chance. im an allen fan since he was the only bright spot for the lions back in the dark days in bc, so i'll always cheer for him. but i think its time to hang it up. hes wat, 43? hes past his prime and plays like it. nothing sadder than a player hanging on while his skill diminish every day.
    anyways, gotta love those lions, unbeaten this season and i dont think they've played their best yet. offense needs to kick it up a notch tho.