Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Chen a.k.a Qiao En

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I am shocked to hear that since you seem to be overpraising Ruby Lin who to me is not talented at all..
    I never praise Ruby on her acting. I may praise her on her beauty but i never said her acting was great.
    It's the same for you to say that Ruby has no talents. Sure she may not be good in her early days.
    She did improved alot since her debut days.

I did not say that JOe En is not talented.I just think she's like every other cute taiwanese actresses out there. My impression of Taiwanese actresses are all the same. They are all cute and bubbly. There's hardly any that is different from that image. They all tend to stick to that image.

With the exception of Ady An. Who is more well rounded i should say.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I think Joe is talented and has a bright future ahead of her(she is my age and is an Aries too).
    How is being talented and having a bright future related to being your age and an Aries too?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    How is being talented and having a bright future related to being your age and an Aries too?
    Of course it has nothing to do with being my age or being an Aries. I just happened to mention that but I guess I should have mentioned that in a different sentence. But anyways, I think she is talented but then again, I guess I am not sure if she has a bright future ahead of her or not... Things can go wrong just like that....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    I never praise Ruby on her acting. I may praise her on her beauty but i never said her acting was great.
    It's the same for you to say that Ruby has no talents. Sure she may not be good in her early days.
    She did improved alot since her debut days.

I did not say that JOe En is not talented.I just think she's like every other cute taiwanese actresses out there. My impression of Taiwanese actresses are all the same. They are all cute and bubbly. There's hardly any that is different from that image. They all tend to stick to that image.

With the exception of Ady An. Who is more well rounded i should say.
    Well, it is all a matter of opinion. For example, I think that Ruby's looks are very typical and nothing special at all but people go on and on saying that she is beautiful and all.... When honestly, her looks are very typical so what is there to praise?? There are many actresses way better looking than her. I agree Ruby has improved, but I don't think she is that talented to start with..

I do agree that Joe is cute and all just like a lot of Taiwanese actresses. Just like how Ruby has a typical look that is nothing outstanding or stands out.

I agree that Ady is more well rounded...For looks, I admit that Qiao En isn't that pretty compared to a lot of actresses these days, but she has the screen presence that attracts the audience that I must say not everyone has.... However, it is all down to each person's taste and opinion....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

^^
    As you said, everyone has their own taste.I think that Ruby is pretty, that is my own opinion.I did not say that she's the most beautiful female there is in TW e-circle.

Did i compare her to Joe, NO!

How i feel about Joe En as is. I am not hating her. Are we supposed to praise them all the time when we talk about them? That is my honest opinion of her.
    I only seen in one or two series and the story did not appeal to me. So for now this is what i think of her.
    Last edited by tuoimongmo2007; 01-11-10 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    ^^
    As you said, everyone has their own taste.I think that Ruby is pretty, that is my own opinion.I did not say that she's the most beautiful female there is in TW e-circle.

Did i compare her to Joe, NO!

How i feel about Joe En as is. I am not hating her. Are we supposed to praise them all the time when we talk about them? That is my honest opinion of her.
    I only seen in one or two series and the story did not appeal to me. So for now this is what i think of her.
    Yea, it is down to each person's taste and opinion. If you have only seen Joe once or twice then I don't think it is fair to judge her acting skills. You should see more series of her. I have only seen her like 3 times and I have liked all of the roles that I have seen. However, I think she needs to act in more different types of roles in order to show her talents. Of course we are not supposed to praise anyone ALL the time. Even stars that I am a big fan of, I often criticize them.

Trinie, you criticize the artists that you like? Me too...hahaha... I still love them, but because they're so high my little pedastal, they also fall quite hard too. I poke fun of Hu Ge every now and then (despite being his loyal fan) because it's how I feel. Nobody is perfect...even those idols we adore...hehehe...

tuoimongmo2007, I get it that you're not a huge Joe fan yet. But I hope you'll give her a chance. I didn't particularily like her in "Prince Turns into Frog" (or whatever that series is called) but there have been other series she's been in that have impressed me. She's quite a versatile actress and although she isn't stunningly gorgeous, she's likeable and grows on you. Don't just take it from me though. Check her out in her other series

Quote Originally Posted by AyaAsou View Post
    Trinie, you criticize the artists that you like? Me too...hahaha... I still love them, but because they're so high my little pedastal, they also fall quite hard too. I poke fun of Hu Ge every now and then (despite being his loyal fan) because it's how I feel. Nobody is perfect...even those idols we adore...hehehe...

tuoimongmo2007, I get it that you're not a huge Joe fan yet. But I hope you'll give her a chance. I didn't particularily like her in "Prince Turns into Frog" (or whatever that series is called) but there have been other series she's been in that have impressed me. She's quite a versatile actress and although she isn't stunningly gorgeous, she's likeable and grows on you. Don't just take it from me though. Check her out in her other series
    Hi AyaAsou,
    Yea, of course I criticize artists that I like. I feel that if you don't criticize artists that you like then you are not a true fan. I think if you are a big fan of anyone, then it is important to know their good and their bad. IF you just praise and praise them then that shows that you are blind to their faults. That is why I don't like it when people say that I am not a fan of an artist because I criticize them. Sorry but regardless of how much you adore anyone, you should criticize them when necessary. I love Hu Ge to by the way.... He is just so talented and special...BUT, I would criticize him whenever necessary.

Trinie, your "love your idol but is not blind about your idol's flaws" philosophy is pretty neat. Most ppl I know worship their idols to unlimited measures, flaws and all. So it's refreshing to see it from a diff. perspective. I agree with you on this. Ooh you like Hu Ge too? I just adore him. My adoration has waned though this past year or so but he's still a promising chinese actor I look forward to watching. I think he needs to branch his acting skills some more and land a meaty role with complexities. His roles are getting tiring to me. I know he is capable of acting *better*; he just needs to be more careful when choosing his scripts. Oh and don't get me started on his horrid fashion sense...hehehe....

I know this is a Joe thread and all so sorry if I'm mentioning other celebs in here..hehhe...

Quote Originally Posted by AyaAsou View Post
    Trinie, your "love your idol but is not blind about your idol's flaws" philosophy is pretty neat. Most ppl I know worship their idols to unlimited measures, flaws and all. So it's refreshing to see it from a diff. perspective. I agree with you on this. Ooh you like Hu Ge too? I just adore him. My adoration has waned though this past year or so but he's still a promising chinese actor I look forward to watching. I think he needs to branch his acting skills some more and land a meaty role with complexities. His roles are getting tiring to me. I know he is capable of acting *better*; he just needs to be more careful when choosing his scripts. Oh and don't get me started on his horrid fashion sense...hehehe....

I know this is a Joe thread and all so sorry if I'm mentioning other celebs in here..hehhe...
    Well, I have liked idols for a long long time(since I was 5) so I know not to ever be blind to their faults. But of course you should accept them as well. I know that most people worship their idols to their unlimited measures and just praise and praise them blindly.. Therefore, if anyone criticizes them they always say that they are not a fan.
    I like many idols and my liking of them stays the same UNLESS they do something in real life that really disappoints me. Yea, Hu Ge is one of my favorites. I do agree that he needs to expand his acting skills more in order to be more versatile and improve more. His dressing style is not that bad is it??

Oh yea, we should to go Hu Ge's thread in order to talk more about him.