Thread: Thesis about wuxia fiction and his authors--- Need Help

Lightbulb Thesis about wuxia fiction and his authors--- Need Help

Hi, my name is Sam, I'm from spain, and I have a project in mind, that needs a lot of help and research.
    I plan to write a script for a graphic novel about a fictional biography of a wuxia writer in china in the 60's.
    I'm very focused on live events, and anecdote of a particular writer: Gu Long.
    I think his life is so exciting as his novels.
    Ok, why I write this? or what I need?
    Toons of info, I need to know if exist some kind of detailed biography of Gu Long or any writer. Also need information about the newspaper where the books where published, how they look, and how many colums were wuxia fiction.

As you see this is a long term project, and I'm just at the very begining. If anybody can give me some useful information (anything you can imagine) it we'll be soooo welcome.

Of course, one of the first problems is that I dont read nor speak chinese. English and spanish are my languages (and I'm not good writing english neither).

So, you know, anything you got, any link, any photo of any author or any article about the genere, I'm interested!

Please, write me at: [email protected] Or leave a message in that Thread.
    Thanks to all people in this forum, specially the moderators to make such a good forum.

Thanks a lot. Hope this will go on with a little help.

Sam

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by samchuyuen View Post
    Hi, my name is Sam, I'm from spain, and I have a project in mind, that needs a lot of help and research.
    I plan to write a script for a graphic novel about a fictional biography of a wuxia writer in china in the 60's.
    I'm very focused on live events, and anecdote of a particular writer: Gu Long.
    I think his life is so exciting as his novels.
    Ok, why I write this? or what I need?
    Toons of info, I need to know if exist some kind of detailed biography of Gu Long or any writer. Also need information about the newspaper where the books where published, how they look, and how many colums were wuxia fiction.

As you see this is a long term project, and I'm just at the very begining. If anybody can give me some useful information (anything you can imagine) it we'll be soooo welcome.

Of course, one of the first problems is that I dont read nor speak chinese. English and spanish are my languages (and I'm not good writing english neither).

So, you know, anything you got, any link, any photo of any author or any article about the genere, I'm interested!

Please, write me at: [email protected] Or leave a message in that Thread.
    Thanks to all people in this forum, specially the moderators to make such a good forum.

Thanks a lot. Hope this will go on with a little help.

Sam
    One website that you can check: www.wuxiapedia.com and also gu long entry at wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    One website that you can check: www.wuxiapedia.com and also gu long entry at wikipedia
    The Gu Long entry at wikipedia was plagiarised from our work in Wuxiapedia.com. There is a note about it in the "Talk" (Discussion) section of the entry, because the single teeny-weeny citation is insufficient and inappropriate for the huge chunk of text that was copied.

---

To samchuyuen:

You are welcome to use the Gu Long Treasury at Wuxiapedia.com, if you make the appropriate and necessary citations for it in your thesis.

Huang Yushi
    Senior Editor
    Wuxiapedia.com
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 06-21-07 at 06:51 AM.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

That's more that what I was looking, its a start.
    Thanks to both of you.
    And of course any source will be credited, thats cristal clear.
    Please tell everybody you know about it, I'm quite lost, and don't know where exactly look.

You chinese readers, exist some writen biogrpahy of Gu Long. Just in case I could found someone to help me. I need some photos of what looks like Shangai in the 60's, what people dress, and thinks like that.
    Buff, so much work, it's better take it easy. So the first part is to read all the info I can get in english.

Thanks again.