Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Adventures of Lu Xiao Feng, Book 2, Embroidery Thief

Heh, I over reacted slightly. Sorry about that. Don't mind me.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Cool

hey, Moin - maybe it is a tricky way to blackmail you to finish this book more quickly...

So, I take it that all the books connect in some way and that some details are expanded in later books...

After the book 3, I hope you would consider doing the summary for later books or listing the answers missing from those early three books. Thank you.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Originally posted by Moinllieon
    Heh, I over reacted slightly. Sorry about that. Don't mind me.
    haha no prob dude

It seems I've released a bit of stuff I didn't intend to... nor know myself haha

But Goofy, all these details are in the first book. Check Moin's site. And the reference to the incident with HML and the wine shop I made is in Chapter 9 of Book 1.
    "And the Bastard grant us, in our direst need, the smallest gifts: the nail of the horseshoe, the pin of the axle, the feather at the pivot point, the pebble at the mountain's peak, the kiss in despair, the one right word. In darkness, understanding." -- Paladin of Souls by Lois McMaster Bujold.

Cool

thanks. I went there and checked it out again.

BTW, did you get my pm? please answer it.

I did reply to your pm, but your pm box is full. Supposedly an email was sent to you telling you that it was full...
    "And the Bastard grant us, in our direst need, the smallest gifts: the nail of the horseshoe, the pin of the axle, the feather at the pivot point, the pebble at the mountain's peak, the kiss in despair, the one right word. In darkness, understanding." -- Paladin of Souls by Lois McMaster Bujold.

Cool

My pm box is quite empty. I can't see why it is full and I didn't get the message of full box either.

Originally posted by Goofy

My pm box is quite empty. I can't see why it is full and I didn't get the message of full box either.
    You might want to check your Sent messages box. 'Cause usually they save a copy of your message unless you deselect the option at the bottom. It will clog up your PM space if you dont delete those
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

Originally posted by Goofy

I just tried sending you a message again, and it says your mailbox is still full.

Cool

ah, I see. deleted all of it now - I don't like this send box at all - too pesty.. n

thanks for the tip..

Banned

How do you know your PM box is full?

How many are consider full? 10 - 15 messages???

Sorry for going off topic
    Last edited by Question; 09-10-03 at 05:18 AM.

Hm, I wonder what this is...? It looks like a comic book of some sort.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...hop-kingstone/

Somebody please tell me?

Originally posted by kraal
    Hm, I wonder what this is...? It looks like a comic book of some sort.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...hop-kingstone/

Somebody please tell me?
    It does look and sound like a LXF comic book. It has the name HML in it. LOL. but i cant read chinese so cant tell you.
    "Power tends to corrup and absolute power corrupt absolutely" ~ Lord Acton

It's actually a Chu Liu Xiang book, I don't know why it has anything to do with Hua Man Lou.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Doh. So much for that idea.

Hey, Moin, if I brib--gift you with copies of my LSF VCDs, do you think you'd be willing to translate the rest of the books? You can either skip or summarize the icky bits.

Originally posted by Moinllieon
    It's actually a Chu Liu Xiang book, I don't know why it has anything to do with Hua Man Lou.
    well, just consider that in the infamous RR version of CLH, they had dagger lee and sikong zhaixing all making their appearances, hua man lou doesn't seem all that far fetched now, does he? afterall, it's titled the 'NEW' adventure of CLH, aka pure bullshit!
    It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't?

Originally posted by dan J
    well, just consider that in the infamous RR version of CLH, they had dagger lee and sikong zhaixing all making their appearances, hua man lou doesn't seem all that far fetched now, does he? afterall, it's titled the 'NEW' adventure of CLH, aka pure bullshit!
    You know, I keep hearing the RR version of CLH sucks, but does it suck because they didn't follow the novels or did it suck because it didn't follow the novels AND suck plot/story/actor-wise? I've never seen it, except for a commercial.

I mainly found it bad because of not following the novel... so my judgement is somewhat bias
    and I don't like RR

That's a pity. I must say that RR doesn't seem to have that 'dashing' gentleman personality and looks.

Anyway, to get back on topic... does LXF or HML appear in CLH 2001?

CLH 2001 was terrible.even if it was only an original story, it would still be only an ordinary series. Much akin to the DOMD adaption with Dicky learning kung fu LXF and HML did not show up in CLH 2001 (thank god... )
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.