Thread: Are there two Suet Lei(s)?

Default Are there two Suet Lei(s)?

There's this actress who still acts in TVB. Suet Lei aka Hung Suet Nei, Xue Ni. I never liked her.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/images/people/thumb/Suet_Nei_c9e3e955869a938fad0f65a000a2ff84.jpg')

And this Suet Lei aka Yim Wai Ming, who's older sister is Michelle Yim. Her ex-husband is Norman Tsui, who's also an actor. I think this actress is a more capable actress than the first one. She did a great job as Madame Ma (DGSD), Li Mo Chou (ROCH), Chiu Nga in ASTITP those are the series I've seen her in. I believe she's in more tv series, I just haven't seen them like God of Gambler with Simon Yam, Patrick Tse, and others.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/steppast/cast/img/smallcast_06.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/steppast/story/img/233/06233S.jpg')
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I always get confused when people mention Suet Lei and I keep thinking it's the latter when they're really talking about the former. So it gets confusing.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

i dont like the first actress too....i cant remember which series i saw her in, but i can definitely say i dont like any of her portrayal in those series. she cant cry, her expressisons are fake and i hate how she speaks....i dont know chinese but smehow i just hate the way she speaks....it's like something is not right.....

i dont think ive ever seen the second actress tho....

i like Yim Wai Ming very much n i cant forget her characters specially her sweet voice! besides wat u say, she also played as Chris in detective investigation files II (episode34-37) watch it here! http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-437...pisode-37.html
    n in 'the burning rain' with Esther Kwan&Yam Tat Wah
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://srv0106-10.oak1.imeem.com/g/p/9816434ab2ca8a2d3ad701f89976c708_web.jpg')
    Last edited by chris36; 02-28-08 at 04:33 AM.

DGSD stand for Demi Gods and Semi-Devils. the "second" suet lei played madam ma in the 96 version.

is she really michelle yim younger sister? i always thought she was related with esther kwan b/c in my eyes they really look alike
    Beautiful and deadly, she is a true descendant of dragon. Fighting for the forces of right and justice, she leaves a series of broken bodies and broken hearts wherever she goes.

Default thanks!

Other characters such as those played by Shuet Lei (Michelle Mai's younger sister) and the actress playing Chuert Ling (actress who played Ying Goo in "Legend of the Condor Heroes 83") were pretty good picks. Shuet Lei played the innocence well while Chuert Ling's character was also brought to life. Kong Fung as a sub-villain is also well-defined. It is a role that Kong Fung is brilliant at, bringing out the ruthlessness and darkness of such anti-heroes (source: http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=104)
    yah! i also think the same with u! Shuet Lei&Esther Kwan look alike (but not very much)
    Last edited by chris36; 02-26-08 at 11:36 PM.

My grandmother has been a drama addict and liked to watch Suet Nei (雪妮 - means snow maiden) movies when she was very popular in the 1960's. She said SN was in the show biz for a relatively short time, because she was married to a Kung Fu star/director/advisor Tong Guy and then retired. She was quite pretty then and co-starred with Kenneth Tsang (曾江) quite often. Her specialties were Kung Fu and action movies, and probably did not require a whole lot of in-depth dialogues. She's famous for her action movie sequels "Mulan Flower - Heroine/Woman in Black", which required mucho butt-kicking. In 1968, She was in 19 movies (kind of overworked, huh! HK producers spitted out movies in a hurry as usual!). She looked very fit in the 60's and attracted many suitors. She returned to the movie industry in 1995.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/91/806/l_p1004680691.jpg')

Source: yesasia

Shuet lei (雪梨 - snow pear)

Kenneth Tsang (曾江 - HK star from the 1960's) - Starred in many many movies. He was the master of Heaven and Earth Society in the movie series "The Duke of Mount Deer", starring Tony Leung. He also played the role as North Korean General Moon in the 2002 James Bond 007 movie "Die Another Day".
    Last edited by Tammy1CR; 02-27-08 at 01:04 AM.

i found out that there are so much sites which are almost about Suet Nei n its hard4me2find Shuet Lei's info! Suet Nei is a great star in 1960-1980 n i think that i might be her fan if i lived at that time2! as im still young so that i cant admire Suet Nei like your grandmum does! all i care is Shuet Lei!

Ah, one is snow woman and one is snow pear, but spelling is the same. but diff in mandarin though.
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

LOL... Snow woman? ...Like snowman!
    Woman, pear, they are mostly sweet!

Obviously it's not the senior Suet Lei's fault for getting those "naggy" roles i.e. the empress mother in Happily Ever After, and Amy Kwok, Kathy Chow and Sunny's mother in Secret Of The Heart, well agreed that it's probably because when we were born she was, um, old and only can act those roles.
    The younger Suet Lei did a great job, even better than the China DGSD's Madam Ma, who gave me a b*tchy sort of attitude (the character, not the actress), but Suet Lei's Madam Ma was like pure and innocent, and yet she was scheming.. she was really attractive as well! She had her charm in DGSD, totally different from the China one who seemed to sleep with every guy with motives, but in TVB DGSD, she seemed to make every guy fall in love with her at 1st sight.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

The older Suet Lei must have appealed to the older viewers since she was very popular in the past. I saw her in a recent MTV clip, can't remember the song or singer but its quite interesting casting her.

I like the younger Suet Lei, she has much charisma. Too bad we dont see much of her though.

Yeah Cordy, i think ur right on this one, about the senior Suet Lei being popular in the past. Judging from her physical appearance, she must have been a beauty when she was younger.

About the younger Suet Lei, I just think she was the best Madam Ma. Wish to see her in other old-fashioned series though. She does have an ancient look (suitable for gu zhuang series) about her.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog