Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Secret - Jay Chou

Quote Originally Posted by Yun_Feiyang View Post

This is a good movie, nice to look at and great music. Much better than I expected. I thought that the second girl, played by Alice Tseng is prettier and more endearing though. Some parts don't make sense. Example:
    click to show/hide spoilers
    the Alice Tseng character was shown clearly talking to Rain during the piano competition?! How does one explain that when only Jay is supposed to be able to see Rain in the present?
    er.. in my understanding
    the first person Rain sees everytime she comes to the future is the only one who can see her.. Rmbr the scene whr she says she will count 105 steps to the classroom with closed eyes so that the first one she sees will be Jay and hence Jay can see her. And she did say it doesn't work everytime - and rmbr there they show the first person being Alice talking to someone.. So at the competition, I think Jay actually didn't see her.. (but did they talk to each other??) I think that scene wasn't done properly perhaps cos after that, u can see Rain talking bout the competition again to Jay about him winning - I tot that was a bit weird since she already mentioned that after the comp..

omg, this movie turns out to be SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than I expected... MUCH MUCHHH.. hahahaa.. i tot it's gonna be some cheesy romantic movie, but it offers so much.. I'm loving it.. too bad I can't see it in the cinema.. it would have been way better
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Junior Member black_fallen_angel's Avatar

when does this movie come out? im really looking forward it to!! looking forward for someone to post it on internet asap, actually as i cnt possibily see it in person)....i soooooo wanna see it. jay directed it him self as well!! im sure it ll b good.!!
    Fallen Angel

Quote Originally Posted by black_fallen_angel View Post
    when does this movie come out? im really looking forward it to!! looking forward for someone to post it on internet asap, actually as i cnt possibily see it in person)....i soooooo wanna see it. jay directed it him self as well!! im sure it ll b good.!!
    it came out in the cinemas(s) already.. I can't see it in person too =(.. I watched it on Crunchyroll.. quality is not exactly the greatest, but loads very quickly.. it's still very good though... it would have been better to watch it in the cinema
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Finally watched the movie today, I am pleasantly surprised by the movie (as with many people), seriously wasn't expecting much from a show Jay directed. But it was pretty entertaining with an interesting twist in the end, I could do without alot of the highschool style flirting between the two main characters, it was cute the first few times but just got annoying after a while.

I guess with all movies that deal with time travel, it suffers from the same fate of unanswered questions and logic problems. But if I want logic in my life, I probably shouldn't be watching movies at all :P

It was highly amusing to spot Jay's friends as cameos in the show, nearly all the members of 南拳妈妈 showed up at some point, even Jay's make up artist showed up (he was the cleaner).

Just wondering.... Anyone ofo you have the violin score for the pieces played in the movie? If do, please send it to [email protected]! Pls pls!

Cheers,
    LuZhi
    Drama Serial Maniac... The crazy one

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts View Post
    It was highly amusing to spot Jay's friends as cameos in the show, nearly all the members of 南拳妈妈 showed up at some point, even Jay's make up artist showed up (he was the cleaner).
    I'm not familiar with the group. Just heard of it's name. What characters do the group members play? I'll take a guess that the two rugby friends of Jay are two of them.

This movie is a pleasant surprise to me too. I have initially no interest in the film. But after I heard my mom said this movie actually cured Bridget Lin's despression, I became curious. I went to see the movie with rather high expectation for it because of this news. I was not as touched as I expected, but I still like it. It's a pretty good piece for a first time director. And the twist at the end is unexpected. I thought it will be a normal romance story from start to end. I will certainly look forward to Jay Chou's future directorial work.

One thing I don't get about the ending
    Why does the camera able to capture Jay's image? How come Jay can pose for the graduate photo? I thought only the first person he meets after he travel through time can see him. So, how can he stay in the past and live his life there?

Does this rule only works for someone traveling to the future but not to the past? If that's the case, if lets say Jay and Xiao Yu break up and Jay want to go back to the future and he uses the piano. Can the people in the futre still see him then?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

gee i thought The Secret is a romantic movie, hence have no intention of even considering to watch it.

All right, for someone who would only watch action and horror movie at the cinema, think this movie is worthwhile for me?

I wasn't excepting the ending, however its expected that Rain has health issues of some kind.
    Not going to class and wanted to come to class whenever, she felt like it. Plus, when she didn't wore the school uniform in the beginning of the movie; that should be some kind of given clue.
    It was nice to see how Jay played the piano so quickly like that; one handed.

The idea about using the piano to connect these two was a great idea; although this idea has been done before.
    As for the time traveling piano, if you have to play the key melody notes to inable time travel was interesting, after all this is a music school.
    Last edited by mind_wander; 09-13-07 at 10:30 AM.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Can everyone use spoiler tag when talk about the
    time travel stuff
    ? It really spoils the surprise for some who hasn't watched the film if they already know beforehand.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-13-07 at 09:20 PM.

ques to kidd:

was jay in the picture?? i remember i looked at it sooo hard and replay lots of time - but kenot see him =( Cos I tot he must be in the picture or something - like a special message. So he reli is in the pic huh??

btw, ur ques are too complicated - lol I never tot of it dat way
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    gee i thought The Secret is a romantic movie, hence have no intention of even considering to watch it.

All right, for someone who would only watch action and horror movie at the cinema, think this movie is worthwhile for me?
    yea, you should!!! u wont be disappointed (well, i hope so..)
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

To Chestnut

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut View Post
    ques to kidd:

was jay in the picture?? i remember i looked at it sooo hard and replay lots of time - but kenot see him =( Cos I tot he must be in the picture or something - like a special message. So he reli is in the pic huh??

btw, ur ques are too complicated - lol I never tot of it dat way
    Yes, he's in the picture. But don't look for a cool looking Jay. He has a dorky mushroom hairstyle in the picture. He's standing next to Xiao Yu.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    To Chestnut

Yes, he's in the picture. But don't look for a cool looking Jay. He has a dorky mushroom hairstyle in the picture. He's standing next to Xiao Yu.
    ohhh - sigh, i wished i have watched it in the cinema T-T
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

I thought this movie was fantastic, totally exceeded my expectations. Will look forward to future jay chou movies.

But didn't the piano get smashed at the end? So is he stuck with rain and unable to return to the "future" ?
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

somehow, it reminded me of ken n gigi's sky of lov n kim ha neul's ditto..
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by Yun_Feiyang View Post
    My understanding is that a parallel universe is created when Jay played "Secret" on the piano to travel 20 years back. There are now two realities: One, where Rain dies after meeting Jay and another where Jay dies in the present but lives on with Rain 20 years in the past. Ok, I know, there are a lot of questions unanswered and lots of plot holes...Like if Jay travels back 20 years before he and Rain met and then lived on with her, where is he now? He should be still in the present but just 20 years older.

This is a good movie, nice to look at and great music. Much better than I expected. I thought that the second girl, played by Alice Tseng is prettier and more endearing though. Some parts don't make sense. Example:
    the Alice Tseng character was shown clearly talking to Rain during the piano competition?! How does one explain that when only Jay is supposed to be able to see Rain in the present?
    That was also one of my questions. Since she died, how is she alive again? And does the "2nd" Rain know who Jay is?

I agree, I was VERY impressed. I was just viewing this movie to kill some time and clean up my head, but I never expected this. I have not been so emotionally moved in a such a long time.
    I can explain that. If you look at Chopin's poem, it says, your destiny is tied to the one you first see. This means, whoever you see first is who can see you. When Rain saw Sky first, she was able to talk to her during the paino duel. This also explains why Rain always closes her eyes walking around. She wants to see Jay first for Jay to be able to see her.
    Last edited by Whsie; 09-20-07 at 04:44 AM.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗

post deleted

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I'm not familiar with the group. Just heard of it's name. What characters do the group members play? I'll take a guess that the two rugby friends of Jay are two of them.
    [/SPOILER]
    Yes, the two rugby players are Jay's friends, one of them a songwriter and the other a member of Nanquan Mama. The other cameo would be the shopkeeper in the CD shop, he's also a member of Nanquan Mama. Jay's friend, also ex-member of Nanquan mama appeared as one of the classmates in the scene, which lasted less than 3 seconds. The most prominent cameo would be Yuhao from Nanquan mama, he's the one who compete with Jay on the piano.

I've read through thoughts and questions about the time traveling aspect of the show, it doesn't make sense that Jay can be captured in the class photo. Also, how can he survive in a world whereby only one person can see him. Then again, I don't think that's the point of the movie, as with many time traveling stories, there's bound to be a bunch of unanswered questions and stuff.

Since, Jay did able to travel in time; based on scientific traveling theories. It is best not to stay very long time in a certain time period; it will displace time distortion.

Especially, returning to the past when you've never born yet; well its a movie, so we all know Jay is staying.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander View Post
    Since, Jay did able to travel in time; based on scientific traveling theories. It is best not to stay very long time in a certain time period; it will displace time distortion.

Especially, returning to the past when you've never born yet; well its a movie, so we all know Jay is staying.
    but
    is it just me or does it seem like Rain didn't know who Jay was? Jay was like, hello, do you remember me?(through gestures) and Rain was just nodding and smiling.
    法王正欲回掌相击,突听嗤嗤轻响一股柔和的气流涌向面门,正是一灯大师使出“一阳指”功夫,正面拦截。法王一直没将这白眉老僧放在眼内,那料到他这一指之功,竟是如此深厚
    此时一灯大师的“一阳指”功夫实已到了登峰造极、炉火纯青的地步,指上发出的那股罡气似是温淳平和,但沛然浑厚,无可与抗