Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Secret - Jay Chou

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme View Post
    Oh yeah but -

click to show/hide spoilers
    that doesnt work :S because straight after the piano competition, Rain met up with Lun (where they at lunch)...
    yeah, that's the weird part really.. i think that's an unintentional error..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

Quote Originally Posted by ChestNut View Post
    yeah, that's the weird part really.. i think that's an unintentional error..
    Well, she can go to the piano room, play the piano fast to go back, then immediately play the piano again to come back and meet Jay.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

so basically at the end, he left his father to stay with Rain?
    but she doesnt remember who his is? thats kinda...
    The best part of believe is the lie.

What it cured Bridgette Lin's depression? Meh, I'm giong to get flamed, but I doubt her depression was that bad to begin with if this could cure it lol.

It was alright, I think Jay Chou is a way better actor than he is a singer. He should stick to acting and music writing...his songs give me toothaches.

Did he actually play all those piano pieces or did someone else sub for him for the hands, etc?

Anyhow, it was "ok"....not bad story (though kinda predictable...I guess since I already had spoilers), but it falls into the whole theme of Il Mare/Failan/Ditto that's already been done before. But good for a Taiwanese pop-star directed movie, I"ll give it that.

The other acting...NOT impressed at all. Anthony Wong didn't have to do much, so no comment there. The lead actress...ONE EXPRESSION acting...she was practically grinning like a Cheshire (sp) cat the entire time...argh. Couldn't stand hr. And the girl who got nominated for GOLDEN HORSE? The quality of Golden Horse is going DOWN DOWN DOWN...yeah, she was quite pretty/cute, but she did NOTHING...Alice Tzeng = vase the entire time and she got nominated? Wtf. And the beginning flirting first half was way too slow and annoying..made me feel like I was watching a cheesy soap opera. The second half was ok.

Senior Member invisible_dolphinbay's Avatar

Can someone answer two questions about The secret for me? Thanks.

1. Was Ye Xiang Lun competing for the music score that helped Xiao Yu time travel in the beginning. If yes, why did he do that, i mean, choose that score in particular to give to xiao yu and if not, what was it?

2. There was thsi time when Ye Xiang Lun passed xiao yu's house when she didn't go to school and her mom said that she was sick or not wanting to be bothered or somethign like that. Did xiang lun time travel to xiao yu's place or was the mom just crazy talking even though her daughter was dead for many years?

thanks
    dolphin_bay

1. Nope it was the score that he was playing on graduation day.
    2. hard to explain lol....basically at that time she wasn't dead yet.......cause she died on grad day. That prob didn't make any sense lol.....someone explains it pretty well on pg 2 or 3 of this thread.
    Hope this helps

Anyways just watched this movie...its very good! lol and I used to think Jay was a talentless pug too xd but yeah anyways very well done! And the songs are amazing HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Is there a thread on Guey Lun Mei in the forum?
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." "不闻不若闻之,闻之不若见之,见之不若知之,知之不若行之" Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie View Post
    yeah, I read that explanation before, but I honestly think it's a bit too complex. There is no way Jay Chou could expect me to think of all of that during the show.
    Shoot me, but I also feel the same way. *hides in shame*

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    What it cured Bridgette Lin's depression? Meh, I'm giong to get flamed, but I doubt her depression was that bad to begin with if this could cure it lol.

It was alright, I think Jay Chou is a way better actor than he is a singer. He should stick to acting and music writing...his songs give me toothaches.

Did he actually play all those piano pieces or did someone else sub for him for the hands, etc?

Anyhow, it was "ok"....not bad story (though kinda predictable...I guess since I already had spoilers), but it falls into the whole theme of Il Mare/Failan/Ditto that's already been done before. But good for a Taiwanese pop-star directed movie, I"ll give it that.

The other acting...NOT impressed at all. Anthony Wong didn't have to do much, so no comment there. The lead actress...ONE EXPRESSION acting...she was practically grinning like a Cheshire (sp) cat the entire time...argh. Couldn't stand hr. And the girl who got nominated for GOLDEN HORSE? The quality of Golden Horse is going DOWN DOWN DOWN...yeah, she was quite pretty/cute, but she did NOTHING...Alice Tzeng = vase the entire time and she got nominated? Wtf. And the beginning flirting first half was way too slow and annoying..made me feel like I was watching a cheesy soap opera. The second half was ok.
    Even if you may disagree about Jay's singing and acting abilities, Jay is a very talented musician. He plays the piano extremely well, and there's no denying that. So there's no need to sub for his piano playing actions in the movie when the actor is already a professional pianist.

Movies dealing with this kinda theme will obviously have almost similar endings...and there will almost always be similar plotholes.

I do have to disagree with your comments on the acting a bit. The lead actress was fabulous. Her acting saved the movie, if we're disregarding the plot. Subtle but beautiful acting.

Alice was cute and adorable, but yes.....her acting wasn't too memorable. Jay did better here than in Initial D, but his acting can still definitely use some more improvement.

I was pleasantly surprised by the movie, even if the plot left many many unanswered questions. I heard they're gonna make a sequel though....hmm....even more questions.

he directs? seriously?
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others