Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Travel and Food

Quote Originally Posted by imthatlady View Post

n thats crazyyy! girls in Taiwan are that provocative? lol, the only girls that dress that provocative here are the prostitutes.. -_-
    lol, yeah... but then, with this kind of weather, you can't really blame them. Also there are seemingly less perverted men here than there are in the states... unless, perhaps, they're just better at being discreet. But yeah, Vietnam has always leaned more towards the conservative side from what I've witnessed.

When will you be back from your trip?

On the otherhand, "Ho Chi Minh Nho"... lol, sounds funny I agree that Saigon has a much better ring to it.
    Last edited by skylee; 08-05-07 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skylee View Post
    lol, yeah... but then, with this kind of weather, you can't really blame them. Also there are seemingly less perverted men here than there are in the states... unless, perhaps, they're just better at being discreet. But yeah, Vietnam has always leaned more towards the conservative side from what I've witnessed.

When will you be back from your trip?

On the otherhand, "Ho Chi Minh Nho"... lol, sounds funny I agree that Saigon has a much better ring to it.
    i will be in the States the 14th! i'm so excited lol. i won't be back until at least another 5 years. i've had enough
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

Surprisingly, I think the women here dress even more provocatively than those in the states.
    Same in the city parts of China! And I'm sorry, but some of the people in China have the FUNKIEST hair - not to say that there aren't people in other countries with weird hair, but...

Are you still in Taiwan? I was going to go there too this summer! But then I couldn't fit it in...but if I went to Taiwan I bet the best thing would be 台湾 FOOD Bubble tea, suncakes from Taizhong, tian bu la...need I say more???

Sparky, where in China are you staying?
    Heh, I went around - about half the time was spent in Beijing and the other half in Southern China. Mostly large cities - no Inner Mongolia or Tibet hehe...

I think you should post up the pictures regardless, as I'm sure many people are interested in seeing them. ^_^ Many people = me
    Haha well I don't know...if you guys are interested I'll post them up once I get a chance. Right now I'm going through the *OMG I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN FOREVER LET'S GO ____ AND HANG OUT* phase so I'm a bit busy, plus I've got reading to do

Of course, if no one's interested anymore I won't force you guys to look at my pics and won't go through the process of uploading...so if you want to see you better let me know!
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Same in the city parts of China! And I'm sorry, but some of the people in China have the FUNKIEST hair - not to say that there aren't people in other countries with weird hair, but...
    Ah, I actually didn't see very many outrageous hair-do's during my stay, probably because we were in the high-end part of downtown Taipei, where all the filthy rich (I felt like such a bum in their presence ), upper-class folks hung out. So most of the women looked like they've just stepped out of a fashion magazine. The teenagers were very well made-up too. They all seemed to sport the same hairstyles though...typical Taiwanese fobby hairdos you see in the serials. Very generic...but I suppose it's considered trendy over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Are you still in Taiwan? I was going to go there too this summer! But then I couldn't fit it in...but if I went to Taiwan I bet the best thing would be 台湾 FOOD Bubble tea, suncakes from Taizhong, tian bu la...need I say more???
    No, I came back 2 weeks ago, actually ^.^. Feels good to be home, but I rather miss Taiwan. I mean, you've been there. Basically all I did was eat, shop, sleep and repeat. Felt like I was in heaven. Oh! In Gi Long, which is a bit northeast of Taipei, there was a famous stand for tian bu la. And I have to say, I've never really liked tian bu la that much. But the ones they made there were so good! I would recommend eating there if you’re ever in Taipei.

Street food I think was the best though. My favorites were xiao long bao, zhua bing, dou hua, dan dan noodles, niu rou tang (classic!), and seafood hotpot. I had to skip on the tsou dou fu, even though my mom and everyone else loved it. You know, I don't think you’ll ever truly be Chinese until you acquire a taste for stinky tofu.

Speaking of food, don’t ever fly with China Airlines for the food. Their meals were horrible

Heh, I went around - about half the time was spent in Beijing and the other half in Southern China. Mostly large cities - no Inner Mongolia or Tibet hehe...
    Ah, I see. Beijing is rather beautiful. How was the food? Did you visit the Great Wall and Forbidden City? ^_^

Haha well I don't know...if you guys are interested I'll post them up once I get a chance. Right now I'm going through the *OMG I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN FOREVER LET'S GO ____ AND HANG OUT* phase so I'm a bit busy, plus I've got reading to do

Of course, if no one's interested anymore I won't force you guys to look at my pics and won't go through the process of uploading...so if you want to see you better let me know!
    Yes, I'm still interested! I'll post up some of my photos, too, once my cousin returns the camera.