Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ATV DVD's

ATV should compile all footage it has ever shot of Joey Meng Yee Man in a DVD collector's set. I'd soooo buy that.

Honestly, I'd be entertained watching three hours of that woman doing nothing more than sitting in a chair breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    ATV should compile all footage it has ever shot of Joey Meng Yee Man in a DVD collector's set. I'd soooo buy that.

Honestly, I'd be entertained watching three hours of that woman doing nothing more than sitting in a chair breathing.
    Ah, Ken you're such a slobbering, drooling fan when it comes to Joey Meng, well that's the nice way of putting it. The flip side of things would interpret you as a potential stalker and 99.9% perverted man who lusts after Joey Meng. *Now SS prepares to pack and skip town to avoid the wrath of Ah Ken!*
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Ah, Ken you're such a slobbering, drooling fan when it comes to Joey Meng, well that's the nice way of putting it. The flip side of things would interpret you as a potential stalker and 99.9% perverted man who lusts after Joey Meng. *Now SS prepares to pack and skip town to avoid the wrath of Ah Ken!*
    You know how the old Police song goes...

"Every move you make...every step you take..."

At least I haven't sunken to *Deun Yu* levels yet.

Ken I think they don't need to make a DVD. You can probably create your own compilation. I'm sure you have a lot of her footage. Mainly her in her short skirt right?
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Ken I think they don't need to make a DVD. You can probably create your own compilation. I'm sure you have a lot of her footage. Mainly her in her short skirt right?
    Well, yeah...or in swimsuits/bikinis.

I surprisingly own very few series with Joey in them. The asking price of ATV DVDs isn't cheap.

I'm more interested in her early works from the early 1990s. That stuff is hard to find.

Well, yeah...or in swimsuits/bikinis.

I surprisingly own very few series with Joey in them. The asking price of ATV DVDs isn't cheap.

I'm more interested in her early works from the early 1990s. That stuff is hard to find.
    Have you seen her in The Great General with Damien Lau and Jackie Lui? That's one great series. Hope you do find the DVD to that one.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Have you seen her in The Great General with Damien Lau and Jackie Lui? That's one great series. Hope you do find the DVD to that one.
    I've heard of that series. Supposedly, Joey's role was very small in the series, wasn't it? She only appeared very briefly, I believe?

I've heard of that series. Supposedly, Joey's role was very small in the series, wasn't it? She only appeared very briefly, I believe?

No, her role is not brief at all.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    She and Jackie are paired up and she's quite an important character, the series did feature The Yang family and all but Damien Lau plays the role of Dik Ching, the Empress Dowager's long lost grandnephew and Joey Meng plays the grand-daughter of a famous fortune teller and Jackie Lui plays an amnesiac guy whose identity is very profound. It's sort of hard to identify who's the main character since it does involve the Yang Family, however, I think Damien is the main character followed by Joey and Jackie's subplot - Supporting characters.

Joey was definitely not a guest role or cameo in that series.

No, her role is not brief at all.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    She and Jackie are paired up and she's quite an important character, the series did feature The Yang family and all but Damien Lau plays the role of Dik Ching, the Empress Dowager's long lost grandnephew and Joey Meng plays the grand-daughter of a famous fortune teller and Jackie Lui plays an amnesiac guy whose identity is very profound. It's sort of hard to identify who's the main character since it does involve the Yang Family, however, I think Damien is the main character followed by Joey and Jackie's subplot - Supporting characters.

Joey was definitely not a guest role or cameo in that series.
    The question is if Joey shows her legs in that one. If not, Ken will pass on it.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

The question is if Joey shows her legs in that one. If not, Ken will pass on it.
    It's an ancient setting, of course she wouldn't show her legs. Better luck searching her modern serials like Who's the Winner where she tend to wear shorts and skirts that exposes her long legs.

Ah Ken is such a perverted old man.

It's an ancient setting, of course she wouldn't show her legs. Better luck searching her modern serials like Who's the Winner where she tend to wear shorts and skirts that exposes her long legs.

Ah Ken is such a perverted old man.
    It's funny: even my manga version of her in my fanfic has her in a short military skirt.

It's funny: even my manga version of her in my fanfic has her in a short military skirt.

Ha-Ha Ah Ken, using your subtle ways of advertising your fan-fics again, eh?

Good thing, Joey's married, otherwise you'd really consider becoming a stalker like Deun Yu.

my mom buys ATV boxsets (really old ones though) in china town;; but they're pretty expensive around $40++++ but yea, we have some oldies in the closet she bought a long time ago.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Yeah I have Legendary Fok on DVD and it's a brutal transfer. It's edited very weird too. Each episode doesn't end right.
    Edited very weird, meaning possibly cut?
    If yes, that would really suck considering that the general consensus (among you guys in this forum) is that the VCD versions of ATV series were uncut .
    Should I go for the VCD versions then before they stop selling them? Becuase if the quality of the video remains the same between VCD and DVD then I would rather have the one that is uncut.

The recently TVB released DVD's of Jin Yong series are uncut, have better picture quality, have english subtitles and are cheaper than their VCD predecessors. I think the set of REturn of Condor Heroes on VCD was like $150, but the new DVD version is $60. TVB can manage to improve technology and manufacturing efficiency while the ATV VCD's remain the same price without an improvement in quality

sorry for the long post, but I love the old ATV series and it's a shame that these series are not being rereleased properly.

Unlike TVB, I don't think ATV has a set plan for the release of its old series on DVD. It seems to be very haphazard and contracted out to a half dozen firms. TVB is doing it exclusively through Tai Seng, I believe, which means at the very least, the products are uniform across the line.

Unlike TVB, I don't think ATV has a set plan for the release of its old series on DVD. It seems to be very haphazard and contracted out to a half dozen firms. TVB is doing it exclusively through Tai Seng, I believe, which means at the very least, the products are uniform across the line.

Yeah that's what I mean by consistency. Tai Seng and TVB have it all down, so it's easy to look. For ATV, you have to look all over the place.

Sorry to keep harassing this forum about ATV DVDs, plan on buying a few of the meag productions that will cost me a few hundred dollars so want to do all the research.

For Legendary Fok, or any ATV DVD that you guys may own, is there chapter browsing on the DVDs. For example I noticed that Legendary Fok is 20 episodes on 10 Disc. Does each disc let you select between the two chapters/episodes on each disc or is it 90 minutes (assuming 45 minutes per epidsode) of continuous footage?

Hey Ken,

Posted some pictures of Joey and Jacky Lui in your Joey Meng thread. Just follow the bread crumb trail.

Hey Ken,

Posted some pictures of Joey and Jacky Lui in your Joey Meng thread. Just follow the bread crumb trail.
    Thank you, Suet Seung.

*Looks for bread crumb trail*

For those of you who live in HK or have purchased VCDs and DVDs in HK -

how much cheaper are the prices over there compared to Yes Asia?