Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ATV DVD's

As you guys have suggested, ATV doesn't seem to have a fixed firm to help them distribute their series to us audiences in the west. There's East Media but just judging from my VCD series of one of their product and the cover art of their DVDs, the ridiculous prices AS WELL AS mentioning of VCD to DVD transfer... generally it sucks.

I'm sure the ATV fans would like their series to have the same treatment like the TVB series. So to remind and repeat what Dagger Lee mentioned earlier in the thread, over at Wuxiasociety, there is a discussion going on about a petition to get these ATV classics remastered on DVD. Question still is, whom should this be addressed to and what should be in the statement to convince whoever it is addressed to. Apparently, a petiton was created for TVB in the first placed which was why we got all them classics and new TVB series remastered on DVD... we should really do the same for ATV.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz999 View Post
    As you guys have suggested, ATV doesn't seem to have a fixed firm to help them distribute their series to us audiences in the west. There's East Media but just judging from my VCD series of one of their product and the cover art of their DVDs, the ridiculous prices AS WELL AS mentioning of VCD to DVD transfer... generally it sucks.

I'm sure the ATV fans would like their series to have the same treatment like the TVB series. So to remind and repeat what Dagger Lee mentioned earlier in the thread, over at Wuxiasociety, there is a discussion going on about a petition to get these ATV classics remastered on DVD. Question still is, whom should this be addressed to and what should be in the statement to convince whoever it is addressed to. Apparently, a petiton was created for TVB in the first placed which was why we got all them classics and new TVB series remastered on DVD... we should really do the same for ATV.

http://www.eastmediaentertainment.co...TION=CONTACTUS

East Media Entertainment, Inc.
    170 South Spruce Ave., Unit A
    South San Francisco, Ca 94080
    Toll Free: 1-800-988-8490
    Tel:1-650-872-0930
    Fax:1-650-872-0931
    Toll Free: 1-800-988-8490
    Chinese Version - Mr. Richard Chin ext. 107

He seems to be the guy that could handle our needs.

We got to get this petition thing started!!!

I wanted to create the petition until I realized that I will be giving out a lot of personal information and might be contacted directly to my house in case anything happens. I'm still a teen living with my parents and they don't like the idea so much. I'm hoping others will forgive me and that someone might be able to make it.

Hi everyone, this ATV DVD thread was interesting. I wanted to ask something about the direct vcd to dvd transfer of their releases. For those who claim this, what was it actually based on? Was it the general picture quality (colour, contrast, blocks on the picture) that made people aware of this? Because as I know, vcds cannnot handle the smoothness of the motions often seen in Asian tv-series. Only dvd can handle this smoothness. The question is, does the new ATV DVD have this special smoothness in them? If they do, then they can't possibly be a direct transfer from the vcds. Because I believe none of the atv vcds have this smoothness in them.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm planning on buying the Drunken Fist (or Drunken Flat as stated on yesasia) DVDs, but I'm wondering how the quality is on these series? Anybody here that has the DVDs of Drunken Fist 1 & 2?

Hey has anyone here ordered from Sensasian.com? All their products are real (non-bootleg) right?

Got Cash is king vcd/dvd? If have, I am willing to buy them

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywu View Post
    Hey has anyone here ordered from Sensasian.com? All their products are real (non-bootleg) right?
    Yeah, SensAsian.com's product are copyrighted and raw. But the site's system is very slow! HAHA, I've ordered from there a number of time and have been satisfied with its quality, but the order process took forever. Maybe its because I live in the US, but it took almost 2 months for my orders to come in (In fact I've just ordered a product from them over a month ago, but still havent recieved it yet!)

SensAsian.com's headquater is in Malaysia so maybe if you live around there then the shipment would arrive earlier. But even the site's loading takes forever! :P But the customer services are very quick to reply!
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Yeah Linn-e- pooh I wished I would have read this before I ordered. I placed an order on August 5 and its not expected to get here until Sept. 3 . They got some pretty good stuff on that site though. Some stuff that YesAsia does not have.

Yeah Linn-e- pooh I wished I would have read this before I ordered. I placed an order on August 5 and its not expected to get here until Sept. 3 . They got some pretty good stuff on that site though. Some stuff that YesAsia does not have.
    HAHA, the series in SensAsian.com is a bit more expensive than YesAsia.com (At least the ones I bought), but the CDs in SensAsian.com are cheaper! HAHA...

YesAsia.com offers alot of great product and the shipment system is very speedy! But, I agree, SensAsian does offer a number of products that YesAsia.com doesn't, that's why I only order from SensAsian.com what I cant find in YesAsia.com.

There is also MalMusic.com - their specialty is music, but they also have a number of great series - the more popular ones, of course! Their price ranges are not bad, because it must be converted from Canadian dallors to your country's currency. So the price is very reasonable, but much like SensAsain.com their shipment rate is rather slow, it takes less than a month, but its still much longer than you'd like.

The best part about MalMusic.com is that they dont withdraw the money from your account until the ship your product out. But than, it shouldnt bother you. And wait, MalMusic.com IMO has better customer services than both YesAsia.com and SensAsian.com - that's speaking from a customer! HA
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

A TaiSeng version of ATV's Kung-fu Master DVD is now available for pre-order at YesAsia... this is the full version (10 disk - 30 Episodes) not the shortened version which they released before. Could this be a sign of more ATV releases?

A TaiSeng version of ATV's Kung-fu Master DVD is now available for pre-order at YesAsia... this is the full version (10 disk - 30 Episodes) not the shortened version which they released before. Could this be a sign of more ATV releases?
    this should prove interesting, I've not seen any ATV DVD's published by Tai Seng before, the last few ATV DVD's I bought was DVD-R copies that looked like they were direct transfers from VCD.

anyone that buys this, let me know how it is.........................

I just ordered Justice of Life and The Young Heroes of Shaolin.

Spirit of the Sword 1979 (starring Leslie Cheung) is coming out on DVD as well. Another Asiaview/East Media release however so expect the quality to possibly be like the previous ATV DVDs.

Hey Maz, how did you know that Spirit of the Sword is coming out on DVD? Does eastmedia post a list of their upcoming DVD releases anywhere? I'm just curious what's the expected DVD release date of Dragon Strikes. Thanks.

Hey Maz, how did you know that Spirit of the Sword is coming out on DVD? Does eastmedia post a list of their upcoming DVD releases anywhere? I'm just curious what's the expected DVD release date of Dragon Strikes. Thanks.
    Spirit of the Sword is listed under the pre-order section at Yesasia (Global). Here's the link: http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept...id-1005053622/

East Media's official site lists all their ATV VCDS/DVDs but I'm not sure if they update their list. Well...I can't seem to find 'Spirit of the Sword DVD' there anyways... I'm not bothered with East Media's releases anyway since we all know now that their ATV stuff are poor, besides, Taiseng has just released ATV's Kungfu Master (also on Yesasia for pre-order) fully so I'm hoping this is a sign that they will be taking charge and releasing more classics instead of East Media.

Quote Originally Posted by Linh-e-Pooh View Post
    SensAsian.com's headquater is in Malaysia so maybe if you live around there then the shipment would arrive earlier. But even the site's loading takes forever! :P But the customer services are very quick to reply!
    Sensasian's two warehouses are in Singapore and Hong Kong, so living in Malaysia makes it easier to pay them a visit and hand them a cheque, but I still have to wait for the package. It only takes a couple of weeks or so, if I remember correctly, depending on whether the product is in stock or if it's coming from HK or Singapore. HK stock will, obviously, take longer to arrive.

I actually heard that Dragon Strikes (sequel to Reincarnated) will be released on DVD in a few weeks by Eastmedia. It will probably be cheaper to buy it from them instead of Yesasia.

As to Reincarnated, I checked Yesasia and the version they have is the Eastmedia one. Its only $110 now, they dropped the price by $50. So that may be a sign that they are coming out with a more remastered version.

Now if they can only drop the price for Princess Cheung Ping!

Have heard many different opinions. Will seek another, so are the Eastmedia released ATV Dvds cut or not?

Reincarnated was originally 60 episodes, and that being on 30 disc would mean that there isn't truncation right?

Quote Originally Posted by sfccrx View Post
    this should prove interesting, I've not seen any ATV DVD's published by Tai Seng before, the last few ATV DVD's I bought was DVD-R copies that looked like they were direct transfers from VCD.

anyone that buys this, let me know how it is.........................
    The DVD is out on Yesasia but the image of the cover shows the East Media logo even though the product description says its published by Taiseng. Isn't East Media under Taiseng though? Maybe this could be another crappy transfer to DVD

The DVD is out on Yesasia but the image of the cover shows the East Media logo even though the product description says its published by Taiseng. Isn't East Media under Taiseng though? Maybe this could be another crappy transfer to DVD

let me know if you or you know anyone that buys this, because I was disappointed when I bought the Legendary Fok and the Tai Chi Master, the discs were purple dye DVD-R's, not studio silver grade, looked like a direct VCD to DVD transfer and it wasn't cheap to buy........................

Quote Originally Posted by sfccrx View Post
    let me know if you or you know anyone that buys this, because I was disappointed when I bought the Legendary Fok and the Tai Chi Master, the discs were purple dye DVD-R's, not studio silver grade, looked like a direct VCD to DVD transfer and it wasn't cheap to buy........................
    Looks like they changed the product info at Yesasia, it's no longer listed as a Taiseng distributed product but Asiaview so yeah.... expect the crappy transfer