Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ATV DVD's

Quote Originally Posted by Maz999 View Post
    I would like to know as well. From what I found out though, the new Reincarnated DVD is distributed by HK based company called Garry's Trading which has published a number of HK movies and music DVDs. I haven't seen any series published by them but nothing seems to indicate that this new release of Reincarnated will be bad in quality.

Bobbywu: where did you get this Dragon Strike DVD?

I bought the Dragon Strike DVD straight from Eastmedia.

http://www.eastmediaentertainment.co...gory=19&Page=4
    The prices are cheaper than sensasian or yesasia, as Eastmedia is the manufacturer. I don't see this product anywhere else, for some reason Yesasia doesn't seem to carry any of their new releases anymore.

In terms of the new release of Reincarnated, I was kind of hoping somebody else would buy it and tell me how it was It will probably be a while before I get another DVD set, as $150 is a lot of dough.

Thanks for the link. There are some interesting series being released on DVD but the prices vary so much. How come so many of these new stuff are not listed on both Yesasia or Sensasia? Looks like buying directly from them is the only choice. Again, the prices are still a turn-off and to add shipping costs will just make it worse. So Bobbywu, are you saying that this new Dragon Strike DVD is a remastered edition compared to previous ATV DVDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Maz999 View Post
    Thanks for the link. There are some interesting series being released on DVD but the prices vary so much. How come so many of these new stuff are not listed on both Yesasia or Sensasia? Looks like buying directly from them is the only choice. Again, the prices are still a turn-off and to add shipping costs will just make it worse. So Bobbywu, are you saying that this new Dragon Strike DVD is a remastered edition compared to previous ATV DVDs?

I have no clue why Sensasian and Yesasia isn't carrying their stuff. However, even factoring shipping costs, their prices are about the same if not slightly cheaper than YesAsia and Sensasian (i.e. Reincarnated (not the new release by Garry's Trading Place) cost $167.00 at YesAsia, but cost $156 + 6 Shipping to US if purchased from them. But yeah, the prices are a major turnoff especially considering that you can get the likes of Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre 1986, Duke of Mount Deer 1984 (TVB programs) at about 1/3 of the price.

Dragon Strike was never released onto DVD prior to this. I cannot say whether these DVDs are remastered better than the older releases such as "Legendary Fok" and "Reincarnated." I don't own any other ATV DVDs. The only thing I can say is that, the quality on what I deemed the high and medium quality sections do not look like VCD transfers. The quality of those sections are not great, but respectable.

Sorry if this wans't much help.
    Last edited by bobbywu; 12-03-07 at 07:08 PM.

Those of you who complained about EastMedia's earlier products may have a point. I just received a series that was released in 2006. Instead of the nice case from "Dragon Strike", it was the crap case everyone has been talking about.

Yes the case was spindle form, with like 10+ DVDs right on top of each other in one case. So packed that I have trouble shutting the case. Not a good case and presentation. If I do get "Reincarnated" on DVD it would most likely be Garry's Trading version, as I know the EastMedia version was released in 2006 and most likely would have this crap spindle form presentation.

You were right SCFRCX!
    Last edited by bobbywu; 12-11-07 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywu View Post

You were right SCFRCX!

ummm.................. it's SFCCRX, I know I'm right, I just don't like seeing people pay so much like I did, if I'm going to pay that much, I want it to be studio grade media or at least remastered, not DVD-R grade.

How do you think I feel, I paid alot for The Tai Chi Master, The Legendary Fok, and Young Wong Fei Hung If it says EastMedia, I'm weary of...............................

I just bought Reincarnated on DVD. This version is distrubuted by Garry's and box art looks pretty good. I watched the first episode and the quality is pretty good. Not as good as TVB's stuff, but I think it's the best this show will ever look. They don't look like VCD transfers at all. I hope this company keeps up the consistency and continues to release classics.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    I just bought Reincarnated on DVD. This version is distrubuted by Garry's and box art looks pretty good. I watched the first episode and the quality is pretty good. Not as good as TVB's stuff, but I think it's the best this show will ever look. They don't look like VCD transfers at all. I hope this company keeps up the consistency and continues to release classics.
    can't you post a pic of the box and is it studio grade DVD or blank DVD media?

I watched a 2006 release from Eastmedia a few days ago, and I'm still pretty hesitant to flat out call it a straight VCD transfer. Like "Dragon Strike", some parts look pretty good (DVD quality), some parts really have bad quality (as in the really bright color). Regarding the 2006 release coverbox, I do totally agree with you guys, it is pretty cheap.

Can someone who has the East Media DVD version of Reincarnated post a scene on Youtube, and Almo post the exact same scene from the Garry's Trading version? This would really resolve the issue and completely convinve me one way or the other. Please Almo and somebody ?
    Last edited by bobbywu; 12-18-07 at 01:58 AM.

Also Almo, is there actually a decent looking Menu and scrolling of chapters and scenes like in the TVB Taiseng releases?

The menu was practically a blank screen for "Dragon Strike."

Quote Originally Posted by Radken View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8098/teconghoathuongyn3.jpg')

So in my long grueling search to find my favorite childhood ATV series I've finally came across this. Unfortunately, this is dubbed in Vietnamese. According to the site, TrauDienDVD.com, they added this to their collection on June 21, 2007. I'm wondering if the Cantonese version came out not too long ago before that. If any of you has seen the Cantonese version on VCD/DVD format that'll be great. If you know where to buy it online that will be even better. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I've already checked Yesasia.com and other similar sites that were recommended. It's not there.
    Buddha Jih is not released in Canto yet. I heard that Buddha Jih 2 is released in Mandarin in China, and Buddha Jih is released in Viet in VCD in two thousand something.
    http://dv.ouou.com/play/v_e399e869dfd23.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuGMFTWxl58
    EME, which is re-releasing this in DVD this time, might release it in Cantonese, they did it for bruce leung's "THE FIST" (which had been in Mandarin for four or five years), so maybe the Cantonese ONLY DVD will come out sometime in the near future. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by JourneytoThreeKingdoms View Post
    Buddha Jih is not released in Canto yet. I heard that Buddha Jih 2 is released in Mandarin in China, and Buddha Jih is released in Viet in VCD in two thousand something.
    http://dv.ouou.com/play/v_e399e869dfd23.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuGMFTWxl58
    EME, which is re-releasing this in DVD this time, might release it in Cantonese, they did it for bruce leung's "THE FIST" (which had been in Mandarin for four or five years), so maybe the Cantonese ONLY DVD will come out sometime in the near future. Hope this helps.
    Yay. Finally, someone who actually cares. Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywu View Post
    Also Almo, is there actually a decent looking Menu and scrolling of chapters and scenes like in the TVB Taiseng releases?

The menu was practically a blank screen for "Dragon Strike."
    Sorry, my camera has been messed lately. I'll try to get pictures of the box, screenshots and menu information as soon as I can.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

How about this series of the White-Haired Maiden? I did not know ATV had adapted this novel into a series.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=c4FutRh9OH0

I want to watch this drama! Is it available on DVD, in any language?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Don't buy their DVD. They copy their disc using DVD-R and over charge like crazy. Damn ViXts!!

I just checked East media's DVD release of "Mythical Crane, Magic Needle 92", and I can confirm that this is not a direct conversion from VCD. The quality is good, although a little blurry, but it's definitely watchable. And it's got that special smooth motion picture quality intact.

I also saw their release of The Kung Fu Master. Now this is a direct VCD transfer. They simply took 2 vcds (each about 65 minutes, typically 1 and 1/2 eps on a vcd) and dumped them onto 1 DVD. The picture quality is ok, but it hasnt got that special smooth motion I was talking about, which is quite an evidence that it was taken directly from the VCD version.

Has anybody got the DVD release of "God of Sword"? Since that one hasnt been released by them on VCD before, there's a good chance that it's a good quality transfer.

Does anybody know what has happened to East Media Entertainment, http://www.eastmediaentertainment.com? Seems like their site is gone, got an error message when trying to go to the site. Also, yesasia seems to have gotten rid of many of their series. Among them "Drunken Fist" with Moon Lee, and the recently released God of Sword. In fact most of them are now gone from yesasia. What the heck happened, they got bankrupt or something?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/8098/teconghoathuongyn3.jpg')
    I didn't see that series from teh pic above. However, I did see 1 scene of that series when I was too young to recall. My sis says it's a very good series, and I'm wondering if it's really that good. I cant belive it's an ATV production! They used to have so many attractive serials!
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

Default HELP on Te Cong Hoa Thuong ,Buddha Jih

I'm trying to get the series from above. Is this part 1 of the series?B/c my sis went to get this series but the guy gave her Hoa Thuong Xoi Thiet instead. I'm confused if Hoa Thuong Xoi Thiet is part 2 of Buddha Jih,Te Cong Hoa Thuong?
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

I can tell you from experience looking for Ti Cong Hoa Thuong at retail stores sucks. The reason is because no store has this. You have to buy it or download it online. And that's only for the vietnamese dub which is kinda sad for cantonese speakers such as myself. Hoa Thuong Xoi Thiet is definately not what you're looking for. It's a completely different series based on the same character.

I can tell you from experience looking for Ti Cong Hoa Thuong at retail stores sucks. The reason is because no store has this. You have to buy it or download it online. And that's only for the vietnamese dub which is kinda sad for cantonese speakers such as myself. Hoa Thuong Xoi Thiet is definately not what you're looking for. It's a completely different series based on the same character.
    Hmm..I can try looking for the Chinese version of Part 1 if I know the Chinese title. I remember that I saw the same poster just like the one above, and I think one rental store has over my area. Maybe I have to go for myself soon.