Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: ATV DVD's

I think the Chinese title is just "Ji Gong". But since there were so many versions that came out over the last twenty three years you have to make absolutely sure the person you're talking to know it's from ATV. Does your store only have Vietnamese?

Quote Originally Posted by Radken View Post
    I think the Chinese title is just "Ji Gong". But since there were so many versions that came out over the last twenty three years you have to make absolutely sure the person you're talking to know it's from ATV. Does your store only have Vietnamese?
    Yes, teh rental that I'm going has videos that are dubbed in Vietnamese.Sad news though that the series was deleted like last year or so. I guess I have to find a link for my bro to download for me, but I dont know how long I have to wait.
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

Is that your way of asking, "Hey, do you know a link?"

Quote Originally Posted by Radken View Post
    Is that your way of asking, "Hey, do you know a link?"
    ha ha ha..Not to sure if that was what I meant when I typed that message. LOL! I actually saw a link but I wasn't sure about it. Since I didn't check the link out myself I guess I didnt intend to ask. But it looks like the link isn't working for me now. So, yes, may I ask if you know a link? LOL

Oh is it 济公活佛 in Chinese simple character?
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

Ever since I rebooted my computer a few weeks ago my browser can't show other lanuages properly.

If this 济公活佛 means Te Cong: "Something" Buddha then yeah.

I'll try to look for a link when I have time. By that I mean when I'm not watching anime or shooting zombies which is hardly ever.

Just kidding.

Default Tai Chi Master I & II DVD

I saw the Tai Chi Master DVD from East media. The quality is not good at all. It's seem like the quality of vcd.

Don't buy any old DVD from East Media. They either copy the DVD off a VCD/VHS tape or use DVD-R.

Do buy the new ATV series from Taiseng. Taiseng print the DVD using good DVD with good picture quality.

Taiseng is printing the old ATV series on DVD with fewer discs per series.

Default victimized

im feeling sad now, i have to confess i recently bought an old atv series boxset (the one with 15 discs) and i regret doing that. to make things worst, i had to keep it because the place i bought it from (firelink) had a "NO exchange/refund" policy. i did noticed a couple of classic atv series re-released in fewer disc sets. i hope it is watchable. if anyone had already bought the new version, pls post a comment or two on the quality. thanks eastmedia for the info.

The new ATV/Taiseng made DVD has a ATV logo on the left bottom corner and a East Media logo on the right. Don't worry, Taiseng made the DVD, not East Media. East Media never learn how to add Cantonese+Mandarin onto a DVD. Taiseng knows.

Taiseng will be releasing more ATV DVD in the future.

The upcoming series include Flaming Butterfly, The Red Kid and other old series.

The quality should be better than East Media and Asiaviet DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by jungjen View Post
    im feeling sad now, i have to confess i recently bought an old atv series boxset (the one with 15 discs) and i regret doing that. to make things worst, i had to keep it because the place i bought it from (firelink) had a "NO exchange/refund" policy. i did noticed a couple of classic atv series re-released in fewer disc sets. i hope it is watchable. if anyone had already bought the new version, pls post a comment or two on the quality. thanks eastmedia for the info.

Smile ATV DVD -- Justice Pao a.k.a. New Bao Qing Tian

Hi. Does anyone know if the upcoming release (19 Dec 2008) of Justice Pao a.k.a. New Bao Qing Tian (160 episodes) in DVD format from ATV (East Media release: see yesasia.com) is an uncut version or cut version? This stars Ray Lui as Zhan Zhao and Jin Chao Chun as the Judge.

A couple of years ago, I bought the complete set in VCDs from yesasia.com released from Asiaview Entertainment. The VCDs were cut to 33 minutes per episode and the quality was horrible.

The Legend Of Fu Hung Suet is coming out near the end of this month I'm eagerly awaiting that one. It's been ages since i saw it. Brings back old-school memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Maz999 View Post
    I would like to know as well. From what I found out though, the new Reincarnated DVD is distributed by HK based company called Garry's Trading which has published a number of HK movies and music DVDs. I haven't seen any series published by them but nothing seems to indicate that this new release of Reincarnated will be bad in quality.

Bobbywu: where did you get this Dragon Strike DVD?
    Has anyone bought Gary's Trading release of Dragon Strikes?
    http://www.yesasia.com/global/dragon...0-en/info.html
    Is it crap or???
    Last edited by shawbros; 05-17-09 at 11:00 PM. Reason: typo

Default Flaming Butterfly

Does it has an english subtitle? I love this series
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmedia View Post
    The new ATV/Taiseng made DVD has a ATV logo on the left bottom corner and a East Media logo on the right. Don't worry, Taiseng made the DVD, not East Media. East Media never learn how to add Cantonese+Mandarin onto a DVD. Taiseng knows.

Taiseng will be releasing more ATV DVD in the future.

The upcoming series include Flaming Butterfly, The Red Kid and other old series.

The quality should be better than East Media and Asiaviet DVD.

Fu Hung Suet is OUT ON DVD. If you want dark wuxia, get it.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/the-le...0-en/info.html

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i.yai.bz/assets/11/951/l_p1014395111.jpg')

Yay. Finally, someone who actually cares.