Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone belive in the theory "camera add 10 pounds?"

Lens focal length has a major affect on a person's appearance. For SLRs the 50 or 55mm lens is supposed to be the most flattering, although it means being rather close to the subject.
    I used to use a 100mm Macro-lens for portraits..

Quote Originally Posted by Will- View Post
    Like this:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://lln-videos.metacafe.com/ItemFiles/%5BFrom%20www.metacafe.com%5D%20126705.691141.1.jp g')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://lln-videos.metacafe.com/ItemFiles/%5BFrom%20www.metacafe.com%5D%20126705.691143.1.jp g')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://lln-videos.metacafe.com/ItemFiles/%5BFrom%20www.metacafe.com%5D%20126705.691145.1.jp g')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://lln-videos.metacafe.com/ItemFiles/%5BFrom%20www.metacafe.com%5D%20126705.691147.1.jp g')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://lln-videos.metacafe.com/ItemFiles/%5BFrom%20www.metacafe.com%5D%20126705.691149.1.jp g')
    bwahahahahah.....OMFG!!! I couldn't stop laffing!!!!!!!!!!hahahahaahah

In regards to the original question, yea it's lighting, angle, also distortion. Cheaper the camera/lense the worse. ...........still laffing!!!!
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

the guy taking a photo in the last picture is taking the 'making your body into a tripod' to the extremes.

Senorita Liza Wang, Ud es MUY bonita para su edad. Besame.

I don't think the theory is true for me. I used to be model for Abercrombie during the summer and the camera, for me, does not add any pounds and that's w/o editing the pictures. And I say again, Meng Guangmei and I are a perfect match, we have so much in common: modeling and badminton. lol.
    Liza Wang-the only gorgeous woman to make any man (especially me!) swoon with one piecing look. (never underestimate the power of a woman)

Quote Originally Posted by Duke_Darcy View Post
    And I say again, Meng Guangmei and I are a perfect match, we have so much in common: modeling and badminton. lol.
    Well that sure is A LOT of things

Anyway, I do believe the camera adds 10 lbs. When I see myself in the mirror, I actually see an attractive, average weight girl. But when I look at my photos, I'm utterly plain unattractive and somewhat...pudgy. And for some reason, my eyes look smaller in photos and I usually have a nice complexion, but in pics, I either turn out really pale (no color in the cheeks) or kinda red all over. It's not life-like at all. That's why I try to avoid the camera like the plague.

I don't get how everyone's saying mirrors lie though. I think they represent us very well. I think they're the best, the most accurate, when it comes to reflecting your own image. Every time I'm with someone else in front of a mirror, I look at them in real life and then look at their reflection in the mirror. They look pretty much the same. And then I'll even compare how they'd look in their photos to how they look in both person and in the mirror. That's how I figured out that the mirror is the best at capturing your actual appearance.

Senorita Liza Wang, Ud es MUY bonita para su edad. Besame.

Quote Originally Posted by skylee View Post
    Well that sure is A LOT of things

Anyway, I do believe the camera adds 10 lbs. When I see myself in the mirror, I actually see an attractive, average weight girl. But when I look at my photos, I'm utterly plain unattractive and somewhat...pudgy. And for some reason, my eyes look smaller in photos and I usually have a nice complexion, but in pics, I either turn out really pale (no color in the cheeks) or kinda red all over. It's not life-like at all. That's why I try to avoid the camera like the plague.

I don't get how everyone's saying mirrors lie though. I think they represent us very well. I think they're the best, the most accurate, when it comes to reflecting your own image. Every time I'm with someone else in front of a mirror, I look at them in real life and then look at their reflection in the mirror. They look pretty much the same. And then I'll even compare how they'd look in their photos to how they look in both person and in the mirror. That's how I figured out that the mirror is the best at capturing your actual appearance.
    I know isn't it? That's A LOT of things indeed lol. But mirrors do not show you what you really look like. People do because well they're looking right at you. And taking pictures is another way to truly look at yourself from other people's point of view.
    Liza Wang-the only gorgeous woman to make any man (especially me!) swoon with one piecing look. (never underestimate the power of a woman)