Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Shooting Heroes (LoCH), Chapter 4 and onward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Thank you for pointing that out.

I didn't know "he's" can be used to denote "he has", I thought "he's" only means "he is".

"every man and woman were" means they finished singing. But the way the story unfold is that they are currently singing so i put "are" instead of "were".

I put missing *is* because the three are currently fighting against one, if you put "was" then that will mean that the fighting is over which is false because in the story when the sentence was formed the fight is still going on.

Anyway that's what I think although I may be wrong.
    Back when I was editing the translations I went through them once and found many hundreds of spelling, grammar, syntax and inconsistencies between translators problems. I decided to do a second run through and found many more that I'd missed the first time. At about the half-way point of the second run through I said that a third run through wouldn't hurt and that is obvious now.

Lets open a new thread called ROCH chapter corrections where Bangs and others can post their discoveries. I still have a file of each chapter which I can fix and send to IcyFox (I think he's the only one who can edit the Reading Room file) and the boys at Wuxiapedia. I don't know if IcyFox can replace a whole chapter or not so I'll show the changes in color and underlined. We'd better do it before IcyFox hits the foxhole.

To avoid this problem with LOCH, after I do two edits of each chapter I will post it for everybody to review for one week. Then I'll delete that chapter and post a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    We'd better do it before IcyFox hits the foxhole.
    Unlikely. I'm going in TOMORROW (9 March 2006).

Anyway I can just replace the whole chapter. No problem.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 03-07-06 at 10:59 PM.

Back when I was editing the translations I went through them once and found many hundreds of spelling, grammar, syntax and inconsistencies between translators problems. I decided to do a second run through and found many more that I'd missed the first time. At about the half-way point of the second run through I said that a third run through wouldn't hurt and that is obvious now.

Lets open a new thread called ROCH chapter corrections where Bangs and others can post their discoveries. I still have a file of each chapter which I can fix and send to IcyFox (I think he's the only one who can edit the Reading Room file) and the boys at Wuxiapedia. I don't know if IcyFox can replace a whole chapter or not so I'll show the changes in color and underlined. We'd better do it before IcyFox hits the foxhole.

To avoid this problem with LOCH, after I do two edits of each chapter I will post it for everybody to review for one week. Then I'll delete that chapter and post a new one.
    That would be great, a thread where the readers can post up corrections.

And lastly I'd like to add that Rayon said she doesn't mind making the artworks for the chapters and their titles. I myself will try to catch up on that soon but not now as I am a bit very busy with family matters, maybe next month I'll see what I can do but no promises. So Rayon, if you decide to push through with this please start designing your arts, they should comply with the descriptions given in the novel. I know you can do it, *kaya mo yan kabayan.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Unlikely. I'm going in TOMORROW (9 March 2006).

Anyway I can just replace the whole chapter. No problem.
    You may call me Sir if you wish.

That would be great, a thread where the readers can post up corrections.

And lastly I'd like to add that Rayon said she doesn't mind making the artworks for the chapters and their titles. I myself will try to catch up on that soon but not now as I am a bit very busy with family matters, maybe next month I'll see what I can do but no promises. So Rayon, if you decide to push through with this please start designing your arts, they should comply with the descriptions given in the novel. I know you can do it, *kaya mo yan kabayan.
    I'll set up the ROCH corrections thread tomorrow.

Email me the details, and if you are helping (which I'm hoping you are because I'm buried under tons of work and studies like forever), then tell me which chapters you're going to work on, etc., so I can plan ahead and work out a schedule. I'm thinking I can only do this kind of stuff on Sundays. I can probably squeeze it in between laundry and Church (good god and saints above, I'm a friggin' Catholic. I'm pleasantly surprised).

EDIT: or PM, whichever's fine with me.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Lets open a new thread called ROCH chapter corrections where Bangs and others can post their discoveries. I still have a file of each chapter which I can fix and send to IcyFox (I think he's the only one who can edit the Reading Room file) and the boys at Wuxiapedia.
    Gentlemen, thanks for sorting this out. The copy we have on wuxiapedia is exactly the same as the one in the Reading Room, which means no editing was done at our end. The "corrections" thread is a good idea!

HYS
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    Email me the details, and if you are helping (which I'm hoping you are because I'm buried under tons of work and studies like forever), then tell me which chapters you're going to work on, etc., so I can plan ahead and work out a schedule. I'm thinking I can only do this kind of stuff on Sundays. I can probably squeeze it in between laundry and Church (good god and saints above, I'm a friggin' Catholic. I'm pleasantly surprised).

EDIT: or PM, whichever's fine with me.
    Im not sure exactly what is needed but from my point of view it goes something like this:

1. Cover page for ROCH.
    2. Chapter artworks, theme is the chapter title.
    3. Optional artworks of special events.

Notes: Your character designs should be consistent and follows closely the character descriptions in the novel.

As for me, I will work on the last chapters so you can start on the first ones, Im planning to catch up with you within the next month. I will also base my character designs on your designs so that it will be very consistent. And yeah dont worry bout time, just do it on your own pace.

Lastly, any ideas for artwork is welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    I'm thinking I can only do this kind of stuff on Sundays. I can probably squeeze it in between laundry and Church (good god and saints above, I'm a friggin' Catholic. I'm pleasantly surprised).
    Instead of choirs singing, I hear a Billy Joel song running around in my head? Weird sense of humor I guess.

Im not sure exactly what is needed but from my point of view it goes something like this:

1. Cover page for ROCH.
    2. Chapter artworks, theme is the chapter title.
    3. Optional artworks of special events.
    Optional. One should be very careful when people use that word on me. I was talking about the concept of the drawings...not the themes. Themes are easy to picture but very broad. But anyway, yeah, okay. I'll do the first five chapters... I'll think I'll do it in black and white because colored stuff can take a lot of time. The cover page ought to be colored (but do we really need this? There's already the book cover).

Notes: Your character designs should be consistent and follows closely the character descriptions in the novel.
    Of course. That's obvious. But then again, apparently, I'm retarded.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Good luck! Forget the optional stuff, those can be done later.

*sigh* I wish I could do this, but I'm not a good artist... and plus I can only draw manga... Ahh... I wish I were a better artist...
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Da Bao, do you want to try the translation then?
    foxs

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    Da Bao, do you want to try the translation then?
    I'm still thinking... but it depends on how much I would be doing... plus I no longer have the book... Although I'd like to!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    *sigh* I wish I could do this, but I'm not a good artist... and plus I can only draw manga... Ahh... I wish I were a better artist...
    Everyone's welcome to share please don't hesitate to share some of your artworks, I'm not that good an artist myself but I'm still willing to give it my best shot and see if I can contribute something to this novel that we all love so much. Da Bao give it a shot if you've got time ok?

Hear! Hear ...!

Why don't you try the online version?
    foxs

OK, I'll think about it! Can someone tell me where the online version is? Like, giving me a website please?

*sigh* I feel so sad after rereading the end of RoCH... Guo Xiang spends so many years searching for her Big Brother and Big Sister... but she never finds them!! It makes me feel so sad that she never finds them... It's sad that I know what she's going to do and that she never finds them...

Even more so... I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO YANG GUO AND XIAO LONG NU!!! I'm so desperately curious to know what happened to them! ...but I can live.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    *sigh* I feel so sad after rereading the end of RoCH... Guo Xiang spends so many years searching for her Big Brother and Big Sister... but she never finds them!! It makes me feel so sad that she never finds them... It's sad that I know what she's going to do and that she never finds them...

Even more so... I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO YANG GUO AND XIAO LONG NU!!! I'm so desperately curious to know what happened to them! ...but I can live.
    She never found them because she doesn't know where they are. *SPOILERS:New readers don't read...*

IMO I think YG and XLN went back to the bottom of passionless valley and spent their lives there(you know the place where XLN got stucked for 16 years and YG found her after he tried to kill himself). No one knows that place so news of YG and XLN vanished thus GX never found them. Well so much for theories but I think I'm right lol.

Hmm, that's also my hunch. But I suppose when the young lady Yang tells Zhang Wuji in HSDS that the companions of the Eagle could be found in the tomb of the living dead on Mt. Zhongnan, she's saying Yang Guo and XLN were entombed after their death in the Tomb.

I guess one could speculate that when either one died the other would commoit suicide rather than live with out the other.