Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Eagle Shooting Heroes (LoCH), Chapter 4 and onward.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    OK, I'll think about it! Can someone tell me where the online version is? Like, giving me a website please?
    try www.qiqi.com, then wuxia xiao shuo, then jinyong, then ... you get the idea ..
    foxs

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    She never found them because she doesn't know where they are. *SPOILERS:New readers don't read...*

IMO I think YG and XLN went back to the bottom of passionless valley and spent their lives there(you know the place where XLN got stucked for 16 years and YG found her after he tried to kill himself). No one knows that place so news of YG and XLN vanished thus GX never found them. Well so much for theories but I think I'm right lol.
    think GX knows abt that place too ...
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972
    think GX knows abt that place too ...
    The answer as to why GX was never able to find YG and XLN is in the third edition of HSDS. GX went to the ancient tomb to find them , but was received by servants telling her YG and XLN were gone and were traveling the world. This is why GX had to travel around looking for YG and XLN probably to place she heard they were at.

Default Sneak preview - Chapter 14

This thread is awfully quiet, which is understandable since there are no new update on the translation yet. So I am thinking of imitating IcyFox on giving you previews of the coming attractions ...

Chapter 14 - The Master of Peach Blossom Island

Qiu Qian Ren said, “For us who live in the Jiang Hu world, the ultimate purpose of our existence is chivalry, to help the suffering people. Right now we see it with our own eyes the Jin army is moving south. If our Song Dynasty cannot discern good from bad and is not willing to surrender, as soon as the war breaks I wonder how many lives will perish? As the saying goes, ‘shun tian zhe chang, ni tian zhe wang’ [following Heaven’s will means prosperity, opposing Heaven’s will means death]. Therefore, this old man is going to the South to make contact with the valiant people of the South; to take arms together with the Jin army and attack the Song Dynasty from both sides, to render it helpless, and thus it does not have any choice but surrender. If we succeed, not only we will gain riches and honor, but the gratefulness of the common people as well. That way our martial arts skills are not useless, and we do not render these two characters ‘xia yi’ (chivalry) in vain.”

So far Village Master Lu had showed great admiration to Qiu Qian Ren; but to suddenly listen to his speech he was unable to restrain his great surprise. He forced a smile and said, “Even though Junior is unworthy, my body is as worthless as mere grass, but I have never dared to forget ‘zhong yi’ [loyalty and brotherhood]. The Jin army is going south to attack my country; they mean harm to the people. Junior will certainly join other Jiang Nan heroes to fight the invaders to my death. Senior, what you just said, was that to test me?”

Coming soon to a thread near you ...
    foxs

That was the apatizer. Now how about the real course?
    Rose blooms best near death
    You are in full bloom, Pal!

fox-s,
    thanks for the previews. I can't wait for the up comming translation
    hope that I can enjoy the story soon and really appreciate to all translators for thire great afford
    A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

OK, let me ask your opinion:

Currently we have a few pages more of Chapter 12, and about 75% of Chapter 13. Xfiberfloss and Sunnysnow have promised that they are going to finish those two chapters. I don't know about xfiberloss, but sunnysnow is busy with school work, will continue end of April.

I have finished Chapters 14 and 15, and about 30% of 16. The other members of the team are working on 21, 22 & 23. God's willing, I am going to do as much as I can, hoping that xfiberloss and sunnysnow would be able to help me with 17 thru 20.

I saw what happened in RoCH, where we had some gaps for quite some time. Personally, I don't want that to happen. My plan was keep working on the next chapters but do not post until Chapter 13 is finished; then I will post maybe twice a week. I believe I will have enough material to last several months. That way we wait a little bit longer, but then after that we should be able to read in continuation without any gaps.

Do you want to jump to Chapter 14 without waiting for 12 & 13? Give me your opinion. I don't want "yes" or "no", but I want your reason(s). That would be your assignment.
    foxs

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    OK, let me ask your opinion:

Do you want to jump to Chapter 14 without waiting for 12 & 13? Give me your opinion. I don't want "yes" or "no", but I want your reason(s). That would be your assignment.

In that case it's probably better to open a new thread called 'LOCH chapter 14 onwards' to prevent confusion among future readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    She never found them because she doesn't know where they are. *SPOILERS:New readers don't read...*

IMO I think YG and XLN went back to the bottom of passionless valley and spent their lives there(you know the place where XLN got stucked for 16 years and YG found her after he tried to kill himself). No one knows that place so news of YG and XLN vanished thus GX never found them. Well so much for theories but I think I'm right lol.

I tend to favor this belief as well since the entrance was very well concealed (HR, HYS, etc. were all unable to find it), and YG had expressed a desire to spend the rest of his life there living in isolation upon being reunited with XLN.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

Quote Originally Posted by Du Gu seeking a win
    In that case it's probably better to open a new thread called 'LOCH chapter 14 onwards' to prevent confusion among future readers.
    I think that would be a good idea, I mean... Look at how long this thread has grown. It'll be good to have another thread continuing from chapter 14
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

I agree with Da Bao and darkcser . It is a good idea to open a new thread starting from chapter 14 and It will be good if someone can review what happened in the gap so that other person can start reading chapter 14 without confusion.
    just my idea
    A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

Anybody else want to volunteer with 'non-translating' work?
    I'm no good at drawings etc. but I can do editing if there is any need.

And also thank you so much for taking interest at LOCH (if it will be similar to ROCH speed, all of us are in for a treat!)

fox-s, thank you so much for asking our opinion. I'd rather wait than have a gap in translation.

If there is a thread for Chapter 14, I'm scared that 12-13 will be forgotten. I hope this will not be so... (remember ROCH Chapter 25?)

You know what: when I mentioned about the 'gaps', Eliza came into my mind. I know she was the one who determined not to read the rest of RoCH until chapter 34 was available.

I agree with all of you in creating a new thread; however, none of you presented a convincing reason why we shouldn't wait for Chapter 12 & 13.

My reasoning:
    1. We know xfiberloss and sunnysnow are still on it, RoCH chapter 25 was different; for quite some time nobody worked on it until Rayon took over. Even then, she took a break in the middle before finally finished it. RoCH chapter 34 was started by Jin_Yong_Fan, but then she had some problem with computer access. If (and ONLY IF) either one or both xfiberloss and sunnysnow decided to quit, then we need to decide what we are going to do about those chapters.
    2. The other threads are doing well, Jean is doing a superb job on Legendary Siblings with (almost) daily updates. The others are flourishing too; for example, just look at Smiling Proud Wanderer, it was 'dead' for a long - long time and it is being revived by hhaung. So in term of reading materials, I don't think you are in a deprived condition.
    3. It will give me time to build my stash of translation works. I won't always have time to translate. It took me longer and longer to do just one chapter.

So, unless somebody comes up with a good, solid reason, I think I am going to wait. Patience is a virtue, they said ...

PS: I am halfway through Chapter 16. By the time 12 & 13 finished, I might have more than 3 chapters ready to post. That time the other translators will be able to help me with subsequent chapters so you, the readers can expect steady stream of LoCH.
    foxs

'Patience is a virtue, they said ... '

Great, LOCH is one of my favorites and appreciate all that are taking the time to translate it. Thanks all for your good work.

I'm having a Condor high.... Until now I hve yet to finish reading all the new translations of ROCH...and now LOCH is picking up.... Whatever am I to do?
    This is most positively terrific. You guys are awesome. Now, excuse me while I go glue my eyes to the other window at the Wuxiapedia site.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle
    'Patience is a virtue, they said ... '

Great, LOCH is one of my favorites and appreciate all that are taking the time to translate it. Thanks all for your good work.
    Patience may be a virtue, but when it comes down to LoCH, RoCH, or any good novel I just can't wait. It's too exciting... So we must wait.... Must... Wait... *withdrawal symptons* Argh! *passes out*
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Question

Sorry if this seems out of topic, but what are the exact names of the 18 palms of the 18 dragon subduing palms? And what are their uses and forms?

Hey hello... I just booked out of camp.

Sorry to say that my Chap 21 is going to be pounded out really slowly.

Default LOCH editing

I just took a random look at the early LOCH chapters to get a feel for the editing that is required, Aaaarrgh!
    Waaaaaa! I want my Mommy!!

IcyFox, you're back! it's been really slow without you... please come back soon (and stay, of course)!

The translations seem slow don't they (compared to RoCH)? *sigh*
    Nothing most of us can't do except wait... and wait... and wait.... AHH!!! I can't take it anymore!!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵