Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagle Shooting Heroes (LoCH), Chapter 4 and onward.

We don't mind.... In fact, we would welcome it.

Just have a go and you can always go back and edit the translation.

Alright, I started translating some from Chapter 5, and gosh, now I understand how much trouble the translators go through to translate novels, as chinese is compact and english is much more rambling and all. In fact I think this is only approximately 1/4 of chapter 5.

I tried to use the names that have been used in Chapter 4, though for some stuff, like the moves and the weapons etc, I have no idea how to translate the names so I probably mucked them up. And with some terms that have to do with martial arts, I can't exactly find a word in english to rephrase, so what should I do?

Chapter 5 - Crooked Bow, Shooting Condors (er.. this title I just translated directly, but it probably should sound better as Shooting Condors with a Bow or something)

A row of people came down the mountain, after walking for awhile, they suddenly heard the cries of wild beasts coming from the front. Han Bao Ju picked up his reins, leapted on his yellow horse to see what is happening in front of them. After sprinting for awhile, the yellow horse suddenly stopped moving, as if something was compelling it to stop.

Knowing in his heart that there's something weird happening, he looked into the distance but can only see a group of people with several leopards on the ground clawing a mess.

As the yellow horse is afraid of leopards, he jumped off his horse and pulled out his Golden Dragon whip. Moving forward, he only saw that two leopards have have a dead corpse in their claws. Running forth a few more steps, he saw that the dead body was actually Copper Corpse Chen Xuan Feng. However, the area from his collar bone to his lower abdomen have already been ripped into a mess, as though the skin was sliced off. He wondered, "He was killed by the boy yesterday night with a dagger through his navel, what is his corpse doing here? Furthermore, he is already dead, why will one be so low as to do this to his corpse... I wonder will did this treachery and what is the meaning behind it... Unless.. the Twin Killers of the Dark Wind have some other enemies in the desert with hatred so deep!

Not long after that, Zhu Cong and the others arrived. No one could figure out the reasoning behind the mutilation. They looked at Chen Xuan Feng's corpse with still showing a fierce expression on his face, he has still died with the expression of a warrior. Thinking back about yesterday night's terrifying fight in the barren hills, knowing that if it's not for Guo Jing's lucky hit with the dagger, it would have been difficult for even one of them to come out alive. Just thinking about that gave them shivers deep in their hearts.

By this time, the two leopards have almost chewed the corpse to the bone. At the side, there was a little boy riding on a horse loudly urging the leopard handlers to lead the leopards away.

Turning his head, he saw Guo Jing, and shouted to him "Ha! You are hiding here. You don't have the guts to help Tolui fight, what a useless thing!" This child is Senggum's son Dukhsh.

"You all went to beat up Tolui again? Where is he?" Guo Jing asked hurriedly.

"I'm going to lead the leopards to eat him up. You better surrender now, or else I will include you in as well", Dukhsh replied smugly. He had seen the 6 freaks of the South at the side, and if not for them, Dukhsh would have already sent the leopards to eat Guo Jing up.

Guo jing persisted "Where is Tolui?"

Ignoring him, Dukhsh shouted loudly, "The leopards will eat Tolui now!", as he lead the leopard handlers forward. One leopard handler advised him, "Little master, that boy is Temujin Khan's son." Dukhsh immediately hit the leopard handler with a slash of his whip, shouting "What is there to be scared of? How dared he raised his hand to hit me today? Move aside!" The leopard handler did not dare to disobey his order, thus he can only lead the leopards along while following Dukhsh. Another leopard handler was afraid that this may cause some unreversible troubles, thus he turned and ran, shouting "I'm going to inform Temujin Khan." Before Dukhsh could stop him, the leopard handler alread ran off as though he's flying. Dukhsh said bitterly, "Fine, let's first eat Tolui, and see that when Uncle Temujin comes, what solution can be come up with?" On saying that, he whipped his horse harder for them to move faster.

Though Guo jing is also terribly afraid of leopards, but in the end, he is still worried about his sowrn brother's safety. He then said to Han Xiao Ying, "Teacher, Dukhsh is going to get the leopards to eat up my sworn brother. I need to inform him so he can escape."

"But if you hurried there, what if the leopards eat you up too? Aren't you scared?" Han Xiao Ying asked.

"I'm scared."

"Then are you going?"

Hesitating for a millisecond, Guo Jing affirmed "I'm going!", before running rapidly away.

Because Zhu cong's wound was still painful, he was lying on the horse's back. On seeing Guo Jing had such chivalry in his heart, he mused, "This child may be stupid, but nevertheless is still a person in our generation."

Han Xiaoying replied, "Fourth brother's perception isn't bad! Let's go save people now."

Quan Jin Fa cautioned the rest, "This little lord keeps leopards at home, therefore he must be the son of an important general. We better be careful now as not to create trouble, as three of us are wounded."

Han Bao Ju used his lightness kung fu to pick up Guo Jing, and placed him on his shoulder. Although Han Bao Ju is short with short legs, but his legs can move very fast. Guo Jing sitting on his fat and sturdy shoulders, is like sitting on a good race horse, fast and steady. Han Bao Ju rushed to Yellow Chasing Wind's (his yellow horse) side, and with a great leap, he took Guo Jing with him onto the horse's back. And within moments, they have already caught up with Dukhsh and the leopard handlers. After running for awhile, they saw more than ten kids surrounding Tolui. All those kids listen to Dukhsh's commands, they were not trying to attack him, but just trying to keep Tolui from leaving.

After learning three skillful moves from Zhu Cong, Tolui had practiced the moves that night until he was familiar with them all. Upon morning he was not able to find Guo Jing, and unable to get his third brother WoKuoTai to help, Tolui bravely went to fight Dukhsh by himself. Dukhsh brought along around 7-8 helpers, and on seeing him alone, was rather surprised. Therefore, when Tolui requested for that they can only fight one on on, and not attack him as a group, Dukhsh agreed immediately, thinking that there's no way Tolui can even beat them up. Who would have known that once they started fighting. Tolui kept using the three moves that Zhu Cong taught him, and incredibly, he managed to beat Dukhsh and the rest. You need to know that although the three moves that Zhu Cong taught him are simple, they are actually the essence of the Vacant Emptiness Fist. Furthermore, Tolui is very smart, and these three moves have no complicated changes, thus he picked it up immediately upon learning. Using this, these little mongolian kids are no match for it. The Mongolians place a great importance on keeping promises. Since they have already agreed to only battle one on one, though these mongolian kids are fed up in their hearts, they will not able to do anything else. Tolui made Dukhsh fall twice in a row, and even hit him in the nose, Dukhsh was furious. He then ran off to get his father's hunting leopards out.

After single handedly winning against so many kids, Tolui was really proud of himself. Thus he stood in the center of the surrounding kids, not even thinking about running away from their grasps. Unknowing to him, great troubles are already coming.

From a distance, Tolui heard faint cries of Guo Jing's shouts, "Tolui, Tolui, run away now as Dukhsh is bringing his leopards over to eat you up!"

On hearing that, Tolui was shocked, and tried to rush out of the circle. But those kids around him kept blocking him, thus there was no way for him to escape. Not long after, the 6 freaks of the South, together with Dukhsh arrived one after the other. Following them, the leopard handlers have also guided the leopards over. Though the 6 freaks of the South can prevent the oncoming casualty by catching Dukhsh, however they did not want to create more trouble and wanted to see how Tolui and Guo Jing face any dangers. Therefore, they did not lend a helping hand.

Suddenly they all heard noises rushing from their backs, numerous horses have arrived like the wind. instantaneously, someone shouted at the top of their voice, "Don't let go of the leopards, don't let go of the leopards!" It was actually Muquali, Boroqul and the other four aces that arrived. Upon receiving the leopard handler's reports, they did not have enough time to inform Temujin, and hurriedly rushed over. Temujin, Ong Khan, Jamuka, Senggum etc. were at the Mongolian camp chatting with Wan Yan Hong Lie and his brothers. Hearing the leopard handler's reort, they were all shocked and each ran out of the tent and leapt on their horses' backs.

"Quick! Inform them that I order Dukhsh not to go overboard. It is important that Temujin Khan's son is not injured," Ong Khan ordered his men, who spirited their horses to where the troubles where.

As Wan Yan Hong Xi was not able to see the exciting performance of leopards fighting against men yesterday, he was feeling bored. But at this time, he was feeling the excitement and stood up exclaiming, " Let's all go look!"

In his heart, Wan Yan Hong Lie was conspiring, "If Senggum's leopards really bit Temujin's son to death, both their families will no longer be peaceful, and from then, they may start battling non stop. Who knows, maybe both sides will be terribly wounded, and in the end, die from killing each other, and that will definitely be the fortune of my Jin country!"

The Wan Yan brothers, Ong Khan, Senggum, Jamuka etc. all arrived at the scene, only seeing that the two hunting leopards' leather chain has already been unfastened. The leopards stood with four legs on the ground, producing low growling noises from their throats. In front of the leopards stood two kids, which were Tolui and his sworn younger brother Guo Jing. Temujin Khan and his four heroes raised their bows, with the arrow heads pointing at the leopards, all ready for action with their eyes trained on the leopards. Although Temujin saw his youngest son in a dangerous situation, he knows that those two hunting leopards are very precious to Senggum. Senggum had caught the leopards when they were young, reared and trained them until they have grown strong and ferocious today. As that cannot be achieved in a split second and took much time, Temujin feels that if the leopards do not start attacking, he did not wish to harm the leopards by shooting.

Upon seeing the crowds arrived, Dukhsh, relying on his grandfather's and father's adoration for him, felt even more courageous. Thus he kept commanding the leopards to leap forward to bite someone.

Ong Khan then shouted out, "Stop this now!"

Suddenly, hooves sounds were heard from the back, as one riding on a red horse arrived. On the horse was a middle age woman, cladded in leopard fur, and in her arms, carrying a little girl. This is Temujin's wife, Tolui's mother.

She was chatting at the camp with Senggum's wife, when she received the news. On hearing that, she hurriedly rushed over with her daughter Hua Zheng. On seeing the danger right now, she was both shocked and worried, shouting, "Quick, let go of the arrow!" With all her energy focused on her son, she offhandedly placed her daughter on the ground, and actually forgot to look after her. Being a little girl of four years old, how was Hua Zheng supposed to know of the leopard's ferocious nature? She laughingly bounded over to her brother's side, and seeing the leopards with pretty patterns all over their fur, she was reminded of her second elder brother Jamuka's hunting dogs. She stretched her hand out, trying to pat the leopard's head, as the crowd was startled, and tried yelling to stop her, but it was already too late. The two leopards were already agitated and nervous, and on seeing someone come over suddenly, they both let out yowls at the same time, as they leapt up fiercely. Everyone in the crowd were alarmed as they all shouted out in distress all at once. Although Temujin has already aimed his arrow before, yet Hua Zheng's sudden appearance was something that no one had expected and within a blink of the eye, the leopards were already in the air. At this time, Hua Zheng was blocking Temujin's aim of the leopards. She was standing in front of the leopards and therefore blocking the strategic spot on the leopard's head where they have to be hit to kill them instantaneously. At this point, Temujin can only injure the leopard's body with his arrow, and this will only aggravate their moods. The four aces threw down their bows and arrows, and pulled out their knifes, as they moved forward all at once. Only to see Guo Jing rolling forward to pick up Hua Zheng, but at the same time one leopard's front claws were already on Guo Jing's shoulders. The four aces raised their knifes and stepped forward, only to hear several light faint noises. Once the noises passed, they saw that the two leopards had suddenly fell backwards and kept howling and rolling from side to side. After a short while, they were motionless with their belly facing the skies.

Boroqul went forward to find out what happened, only to see blood gushing out from the leopard's forehead. It was obvious that a Kung Fu master had used a hidden weapon to hit through the leopard's brain, which was the reason it lost it's life. He turned around, only to see six composed and calm Han people standing at the side and watching the on going scene, at the point, he knew that this hidden weapon was shot by them. Temujin's wife hurriedly picked up bawling Hua Zheng from Guo Jing's arms and pulled Tolui in her bosom as she tried to comfort and pacify Hua Zheng repeatedly.

Angrily, Senggum asked, "Who killed the leopards?"

However, the crowd remained silent as no one answered. Ke Zhen E had heard the leopard's howls, and fearing that the leopards will harm Guo Jing, had fired four missiles with poisonous tips. As that action only took a wave of the hand, and since everyone had their eyes focused on the leopards, there was no one who saw who fired the hidden weapon.

Temujin smiled, saying, "Brother Senggum, I'll repay you with four best leopards when we get back, and I'll add eight pairs of black condors."

On hearing that, Senggum was still seeting with anger, but he remained silent. By now, Ong Khan was angrily scolding Dukhsh. Humiliated at receiving this treatment in front of the crowd, he tried to push the blame off himself, and laid down on the ground, rolling and hitting, crying and shouting. Ong Khan commanded him to stop loudly, but he did not care.

As Temujin was still grateful for what Ong Khan did for him in the past, he felt that it was a pity to break up the two families' friendship over such a small matter. Thus, he smiled and bent over to pick up Dukhsh. Dukhsh was still crying and yellow, and tried his best to struggle, but when picked up by Temujin, how can he still struggle?
    Still smilsing, Temujin tried to salvage the sitution, "Godfather, the kids were only playing, there's no need to get worked up. I think this kid is very good and I'm thinking of letting my daughter get engaged to him. What do you think?"

Ong Khan saw that Hua Zheng had eyes like glistening dew, and skin like a baby lamb, fair and cute, and felt happy in his heart. Laughingly, he said, "What will be wrong with that? How about this, let's have a closer relationship, I'll let my eldest granddaughter marry your son Shu Chi?"

Temujin agreed, "Thanks Godfather!" as he turned around to say to Senggum, "Brother Senggum, we are now in-laws!"

Senggum had always felt that he was of a higher background than Temujin, thus was already jealous of Temujin and looked down on him. Although he was not happy about becoming in-laws with Temujin, but he cannot go against his father's wishes, thus he can only smile weakly.

At this point, Wan Yan Hong Lie saw the 6 freaks of the South, and he was shocked. "What are they doing here? I'm sure it's because they are trying to chase me. I wonder if the bad taoist priest with the surname Qiu is around here?", he asked himself. Since he was currently under the protection of the numerous soldiers, he was not afraid of them. Yet if he gave out the command to capture them, he was afraid that it may cause some trouble. Seeing that the 6 Freaks were listening to Temujin and the others' conversations and had not even noticed him, he then turned his head, and moved behind the crowds of soldiers, at the same time, keep thinking of ways to handle the matter. As for Ong Khan and Temujin's families' engagement, he did not think much of it.

Temujin knew that it was the 6 freaks of the south that saved his daughter's life, and he waited for Ong Khan and the others to leave, before commanding Boroqul to reward them richly with furs and gold. He then reach his hand out to stroke the top of Guo Jing's head and repeatedly praise him for his courage and valour. Temujin said that risking his own life to save another, it is already something that not all adults will do, not to mention such a small child. When he asked Guo Jing why was he so brave as he dared to save Hua Zheng, Guo Jing just stood around dumbly as he cannot find an answer, and after pondering for some time, said, "The leopards will eat people."

On hearing that, Temujin laughed out aloud. Tolui then narrated the story of why he started fighting with Dukhsh, and knowing that Dukhsh kept mentioning the shameful happenings of his past, Temujin was boiling deep down in his heart. But he did not say anything about it, only to say, "In the future, don't bother about him."

Temujin then turned to Quan Jin Fa and asked, "How much gold do you all want to stay at my camp to teach my son Kung Fu?"

Quan Jin Fa thought "We are all thinking of finding a place to teach Guo Jing Kungfu. If we can teach him here, there will be no better place then this." Thus he replied saying, "The Great Khan's willingness to take in the six of us, is something that we cannot even ask for. You can pay us anything you want, how will we even dare to discuss or fight about how much?" Temujin was pleased as he commanded Boroqul to look after these six people, and upon that, he went off on his horse to send off the Wan Yan brothers.

At the back, the Six freaks of the South were riding slowly as they discussed.

Han Bao Ju said, "The skin on the chest of Chen Xuan Feng's corpse was cut off by someone, so I think that the person must be his enemy."

Quan Jin Fa then replied, "The Twin Killers of the Black Wind are cruel and ruthless, so having enemies all over the place isn't something to be surprised at. But I don't know why his enemy did not chop up his body, nor stab him all over, but only sliced off a large piece of skin off his chest?"

"I have been thinking of that all this while, but I still cannot think of the reasoning behind it", Ke Zhen E replied, "The most pressing task on hand is to find out where Iron Corpse is."

"Exactly. If this person is not killed, she will bring much dangers to us in the future. I'm only scared that she will not die after being poisoned," Zhu Cong agreed.

With tears in her eyes, Han Xiao Ying spoke up, "Fifth brother's deep hatred, how can we all not revenge him?"

Thus the three of them, Han Bao Ju, Han Xiao Ying and Quan Jin Fa, all rode on their fast horses to find Iron Corpse. However, even after numerous days of searching, they were not even able to find a trace of her. Han bao ju decided, "This woman's eyes were hit by my eldest brother's poison darts. By now, the poison must already worked on her, and she probably fell dead in some mountain valley." The rest of them then agreed as well. In his heart, Ke Zhen E knew that the Twin Killers of the Dark Winds were very smart and vicious, and thus worried that unless he could touch her corpse with his own hands, it will always remain a heavy weight in his heart. But at that time, he did not want to bother his younger brothers and sister with his worries, and thus did not inform them of his feelings.

From then on, the Six Freaks of the South were living permanently in the desert, teaching Guo Jing and Tolui Kung Fu. Temujin knows that these kungfu are needed close contact with the other side, and are only important for protecting oneself. Thus he only wanted Tolui and Guo Jing to learn fists briefly, and to spend most of their time learning riding, shooting with their bows and arrows, and learning to handle other important tasks on the battle field. As the Six Freaks of the South are not familiar with these, Guo Jing and Tolui learnt these under Jebeh and Boroqul.
    Last edited by foreva; 05-09-04 at 11:38 PM.

HURRAY!

I'm waiting for more.

Yeehaw!

The words "thank you" just don't cut it!

Thank you so much for the translation.
    You don't know how Happy I am.

Default Thanx

Thank u so much!
    We have been waiting for it so long. Please do keep it up.

You're welcome, btw, if you all have any comments or criticism, you should post them, because this is the first time I translated something and I'm sure there will be ways to improve.

Does anyone know of a chinese dictionary online, not a chinese-english one, but a chinese "ci dian", meaning phrase-dictionary, not the word by word one.

Hello, this is my first post here and it is to express how happy I am that LOCH is being translated again.

Thank you

Originally posted by foreva
    You're welcome, btw, if you all have any comments or criticism, you should post them, because this is the first time I translated something and I'm sure there will be ways to improve.

Does anyone know of a chinese dictionary online, not a chinese-english one, but a chinese "ci dian", meaning phrase-dictionary, not the word by word one.
    I've been waiting for this translation for ages. Thank you so much for taking your time doing this.

Oh, and online japanese phrase-dictionaries, too. Thanks in advance. Trying to learn other languages while in college is starting to become a real pain...

You're so nice foreva, it must be a tedious job to translate these stuff.
    Last edited by superboy; 05-13-04 at 01:29 AM.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

hey.. thanks so much for the translation.. i am enjoying it soooooooooo much.. does anyone know what happened to the twin killers?

Default chap 4

is the translation of chapter 4 already complete?
    Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around

Default Re: chap 4

Originally posted by Chon-Ji
    is the translation of chapter 4 already complete?
    No, not yet.

To foreva,
    Which edition are you translating?

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Do you mean such as this one?

http://140.111.1.22/mandr/clc/dict/dict/

thx a lot for your hard work!

I'm translating the 2nd edition as I can't find the third one online. But I doubt Jin Yong will rewrite everypart, so when I get the third edition, I'll just read through to amend the parts.

This is the next quarter of Chapter 5. At some parts, you may see ***, meaning I'm not really sure how to translate it, I'll have to get my mum's help. And at the first mention of each kungfu move or style, though I translated the names, I put the chinese "pin yin" at the sides, for those who can understand chinese but not read.

Chapter 5 Continued
    During the nights, the Six freaks of the South then taught Guo Jing alone, teaching him fists, swords, hidden weapons, lightness Kung fu. Although Guo Jing was slow in nature, he knew that he had to revenge his father with these kungfu in the future, thus he could not complain and worked as hard as he could.

Although Zhu Cong, Quan Jin Fa and Han Xiaoying's kung fu may be too hard for him to comprehend, yet with Han Bao Ju and Nan Xi Ren's basic Kung fu, he just followed their directions exactly, and could actually learn steadily. But with these basic Kung fu, one can only use to strengthen their bodies and are not moves to beat up enemies and to win a fight.

Han Bao Ju often said, "The way you train is like a camel. Strong is strong, but can a camel be victorious over a leopard?"

ON hearing that, Guo Jing could only give a silly smile. When the 6 freaks teach Guo Jing, they will only supervise his learning, instead of explaining to him. Yet on seeing that out of the ten moves they will teach him, and he usually can't even learn even a single move, they still could not help but to feel discouraged. Whenever they held discussions, they could only sigh and shake their heads. Though they know that the chance of being victorious over Qiu Chu Ji's disciple, was almost naught, there was an agreement made, and they can't give up half way. However, Quan Jin Fa is a business man with his qualities lying in the fields of intricate calculations. Therefore, he often said, "For Qiu Chu Ji to find the Yang family's widow, he has about eighty percentage chance. With that, we have won by twenty percent. Who knows whether the Yang family's widow gave birth to a boy or girl. The chance for her to give birth to a boy is only half, so with that, we gain another forty percent. If it's a son, maybe he can't grow to adulthood, we gain another ten percent. Even if he manages to grow up, maybe he's as stupid as Jing-er. Therefore, I will say that we have already have an eighty percent chance of winning."

The other 5 freaks thought that what he said wasn't wrong, however, by saying that the Yang family's son aptitude in learning the martial arts is as slow and stupid as Guo Jing, they can't help but know that Quan Jin Fa was just trying to console them.

Luckily, Guo Jing has a good heart, and he is exceedingly obedient, so that six freaks like his character alot.

On the prairies of Outer Mongolia, with the green summer grass, brillant whites of winter snow, within the blink of the eye, ten years went by. By now, Guo jing is a sturdy youth of sixteen. There was only two years between now and the martial arts competition, so the six freaks stepped up the supervision. They commanded him to stop practicing riding and shooting temporarily, and from dusk to dawn, to concentrate on practicing fists and the sword. Within these ten years, Temujin had battles non stop, and had swallowed innumerous tribes of Mongolia into his own. He commands his subordinates strictly, and all his soldiers are courageous and excel in fighting. He himself has both courageous and resourceful, therefore he knows when to attack by force or attack by strategy. Across all of Mongolia, no one can be compared to him. As the livestock breed and reproduce, the population increase, the distance between Temujin and Ong Khan became greater.

The violent winds gradually stops, and the heavy snow starts to lessen, but the outer prairies of Mongolia still remain bitterly cold. On this day, it was the Pure Brightness Festival. (Note: Qing Ming Festival. A day for paying respect to the dead, so the chinese will pay their respects at their ancestor/family's graves, and probably sweep the grave and pull out the weeds etc.) The Six Freaks of the South had arisen early, and Guo Jing with them, took cows and sheep as sacrifical items to Zhang Ah Sheng's grave to sweep the grave. As the Mongolians are nomads, and they move around with no fixed place to stay, at that point of them, the Mongolian camp they said at was very far away from Zhang Ah Sheng's grave. Even riding on fast horses, it took them more than half of the day to get there. The seven of them climbed on the barren hill and swept away the piled up snow on the grave. They then lit up the candles and incense, and knelt in fron of the graves praying.

Han Xiao Ying secretly prayed, "Fifth brother, for the past ten years we spent all our energy and our hearts teaching this child. Only that his quality for learning isn't high, and could not pick up our martial arts properly. However, I hope that fifth elder brother's spirit in the heavens will look over him, and at the Jia Xing martial arts competition in two years time, do not let this child spoil our Seven Freaks of the South's prestige and name!"

The Six freaks were born and had lived their lives in the South, with it's warm hills and waters, at this time, they stayed at the Mongolian deserts with it's cold winds slashing like knifes, they had became weak and frail; and looked grave and somber. The hair at their temples, had also started turning white. Although Han Xiao Ying's charisma did not lessen, she was no longer the pink-cheeked young girl of yesteryears.

Zhu Cong surveyed the graveside piles of skeletons. After ten years of enduring winds and snow, but the skeletons have not started to decay. In his heart, there was a feeling that he cannot speak. For these years, he had looked all over the surrounding hundred miles with Quan Jin Fa, and in every mountain valley, and in every cave, trying to find Mei Chao Feng's whereabouts. If this person had died from poisoning, there would be a skeleton left behind. If she did not die, it is terribly hard for a blind girl to live in seclusion for a long time, but not even leave a trail for a long time. However, she had vanished into thin air like a spirit. And only on this hill in the wilderness, this grave and these piles of white bones, are the only marks that the Twin Killers of the Dark Winds had left behind on the desert. The seven of them stayed at in front of the grave to have a meal and drink, and then returned to their dwellings. After a short rest, the Six freaks took Guo Jing to the hill sides to practice his martial arts.

Today his fourth master "South Hill Woodsman" (Nan Shan Qiao Zi) Nan Xi Ren and him had a practice spar of the "Open Hills Palms Technique" (Kai Shan Zhang Fa). Nan Xi Ren had the intention for him to use as much martial arts as he could, so they sparred for around seventy to eighty moves continuously before suddenly pushing his left palm outwards and flipping his body in a move of "The Hawk Hunting Rabbits" (Cang Ying Bu Tu), and aimed towards Guo Jing's back. Guo Jing then bent over to avoid his move, and moving his leg in a circular motion with "Autumn Winds Sweeping the Fallen Leaves" (Qiu Feng Sao Luo Ye), he swept his leg towards his teacher's lower body. Nan Xi Ren then used "Iron Bull Tilling the Land" (Tie Niu Tian Di), attacking with his palms. Guo Jing had just wanted to withdraw his leg to change his moves, when Nan Xi Ren shouted "Remember this move!" His left hand swiftly moved out and tried to hit Guo jing's chest from the front. Guo Jing's right palm hurriedly went to block, and this palm is considered rather fast. Nan Xi Ren's left palm flew out, and with a slap, both palm connected. Although Nan Xi Ren only used about thirty percent of his power, Guo Jing could not help falling. His both palms connected with the ground, before immediately jumping up, showing shame on his entire face.

Now, Nan Xi Ren wanted to instruct him about the importance essence in this move, when suddenly from the tree groves, trailed out two sounds of laughter. With that, a youthful girl came out, clapping her hands and smiling, shouting, "Guo Jing, you are beaten by your teacher again?"

Guo Jing's face went red, saying, "I'm practicing now, don't bother me!"

That young girl laugh, "I just like to see you getting beaten up!"

This girl is Temujin's young daughter Hua Zheng. She, Tolei and Guo Jing are around the same age, and from young they played together. Because her parents dote on her, it is no surprise that she may be more arrogant and wilful. Since Guo Jing's birth, his character is more straight and simple, whenever she throws a tantrum without reason, they will always clash. However, after arguing, they will make up after awhile. It will always be Hua Zheng who knows that she was wrong, and will beg him with soft words. Hua Zheng's mother still remembered Guo Jing had risked his life at the leopard's mouth to save her daughter, so she is especially fond of him and often give gifts of clothing and livestock to his mother and him.

Guo Jing said, "I'm practicing with teacher now, go away!"

Hua Zheng laughed and said, "This is practicing? I'll call it getting beaten up!"

When they are talking, several numbers of Mongolian soldiers on horses had arrived suddenly. One Ten Soldiers Leader got off his horse, and bowed towards Hua Zheng, saying "Hua Zheng, Big Khan is calling for you." As the Mongolians are simple in nature, and do not have the customs of Han people to use courtesy terms, although Hua Zheng is the Khan's daughter, but everyone just calls her by her name. Hua Zheng said, "What for?" The Ten Soldiers Leader replied, " It's because Ong Khan's messengers have arrived."

At once, Hua zheng wrinkled her brow and said angrily "I'm not going."

The ten man head continued, "But if you don't go, the Khan will be angry."

From young, Hua Zheng had been engaged to Ong Khan's grandson Dukshk by her father, but in these few years, she has a closer relationship with Guo Jing. Although all of them are still young and therefore, can't really say that there are feelings between them. Yet whenever she thinks about having to part with Guo Jing to marry that infamously arrogant Dukskh, she can't help but feel sad. Now, she pursed her small mouth, and kept silent as she thought for awhile. In the end, she did not dare to disobey her father's command, and followed the Ten Soldiers Leader back.

Ong Khan and Senggum thought that the son has grown up, and wanted to pick a date for them to get married. So, they sent people over with presents, and Temujin wanted her to meet the messengers.

During that night, Guo Jing was sleeping til the middle of the night, when he suddenly heard soft noises of someone clapping three times outside the tent. He sat up only to hear someone speaking Han language, "Guo Jing, You come out."

Guo Jing was feeling curious and felt that the voice was not familiar. Therefore, he lifted up the flap of the tent by a corner and peered outside, only to see under the moonlight, a person standing near a large tree on the left.

Guo Jing went out of the tent and moved forward, only to see that person is dressed in a wide robe with large sleeves, his hair combed into a bun, neither looked like a man nor a women, the face shielded by the shadows of the tree, so it can't be seen clearly. This person is actually a Taoist priest, but Guo Jing had never saw a taoist priest before, and asked, "Who are you? Why are you looking for me?"

That person said, "You are Guo Jing, aren't you?"

"Yes", replied Guo Jing.

That person demanded, "Where's your dagger that can cut iron as though it is mud? Take it out and show me!" His body suddenly moved and leapt close by to him, and sent out a palm aimed right on his chest. Guo Jing saw that the person attacked without reason, and his attacks are vicious, in his heart he was greatly surprised, and moved sideway immediately to evade, shouting, "What is that for?"

The person said with a smile, "Just testing your abilities", and with his left arm, sent out a fist, with a strength that is fierce and swift.

Guo Jing felt his anger rising, and slant his body to avoid the move, raised his hand and fiercely grabbed the enemy's wrist, and his left hand to take his opponent's elbow. This move by his hand, is actually "Strong Soldier Breaks the Wrist" (Zhuang Shi Duan Wan) from "Spilting the muscles and Rearranging the Bones Technique" (Fen Jing Cuo Gu Shou). You only need to catch hold of the enemy's wrist, and next the elbow, push front a little, then a twist, and with a "kacha" noise, the right wrist bone will immediately be twisted out of place. This "Spliting the muscles and Rearranging the Bones Technique" was passed on to him by his second teacher Zhu Cong. Although Zhu Cong's spoken language and everyday behaviour tends to be comical, his mind is actually very sharp. Ke Zhen E and him had secretly held several discussions about Mei Chao Feng. Although both her eyes were poisoned, her martial arts are queer and strange, perhaps she could even cure the posion. If she did not die, she will definitely seek revenge. The later she shows herself, the more thorough her plans are, and the more vicious and evil are her methods. Although in the past ten years, Mei Chao Feng had never ever shown any trace of her, the Six Freaks were never negligent, in fact, they were even more cautious then ever. Whenever Zhu Cong looked at the fingernail scars left by Mei Chao Feng on the back of his hand, he can't help but feel fearful, thinking about her having such strong martial arts, it will be very hard to harm her. Thus to resist "Nine Yin White Bone Claws", why not with "Splitting The Muscles and Rearranging the Bones Technique". This set of kung fu focuses on disalocating the bones and breaking their bones, using ultra fast methods, to attack the other party's limbs, skull and neck bone.

Zhu Cong regretted that in the main country (Meaning china) in the past, he had never asked for advice from any Masters that are experts in this style of Kung Fu. And within the six brothers (and sister), none of them knows it.

After some time, he thought, all the martial arts in the world are created by people. Since there is no one here to pass this on to me, will it be so hard for me to create my own? His nickname is "Clever Hands Bookworm" (Miao Shou Shu Sheng), his pair of hands are very fast. Furthermore, he is familiar with attacking the accupoints, thus knows the positions of accupoints on the human body well. With these unique talents, researching this "Splitting muscles and Rearranging the Bones" method isn't hard. After numerous years, the essense of this technique is deeply ingrained into him. Although this method may be different from Shao Lin Kung fu, however, it is still powerful. He then analysed and worked on it with Quan Jin Fa, and passed on all his technique to Guo Jing.

At this time, Guo Jing is battling a strong opponent, and when he started attacking, the first move he used is "Splitting Muscles Rearranging Bones"'s strange moves.

As he practiced this kungfu alot, though he may not be an expert in it, the way he used the moves are almost close to perfect. That person's wrist and elbow was suddenly being grasped by Guo Jing, and being shocked, he sent out his left palm swiftly, aiming towards Guo Jing's face. Guo Jing's both hands had just wanted to twist the enemy's wrist out of place, but who knows that the enemy's palm will suddenly come, and since both his hands are holding onto the enemy, he had no way to defend. Thus he could only let go and leapt backwards to sense the force of the palm sweeping his face with an uncomfortable hot burning sensation.

When he turned around, he saw clearly, the enemy was actually a handsome youth around 17 to 18 years, with a refined look and long lashes. Only to hear him say in a low voice, "Your kung fu is not bad. Did not waste the Six Freaks of the South's ten years of teachings."

Guo Jing was only using one palm to protect himself, so he became even more cautious and asked, "Who are you? Why are you looking for me?"

The youth shouted, "Let's spar again." Before he even stopped speaking, he already raised his palms from his side.

Guo Jing kept calm and did not move, and waited as he could feel the movement of the air caused by the enemy's palm nearing his chest. He moved his bother slightly with his left hand grasping the enemy's arm, and raised his right hand, and pinch the enemy's cheek, he only did to hold on the enemy's face and swiftly pull outwards, the jaw joint will then fall out of place.
    This move was given a funny name by Zhu Cong, called "Jokes will undo the jaws" (Xiao Yu Jie Yi), the meaning of laughing until the chin drops. However, this time around, the youth was more alert, and used his right hand to defend while attacking horizontally with his left. Guo Jing still used "Splitting Muscles and Rearranging Bones Technique" to defend. Within a short while, they have already matched more than 10 moves. That youth priest movements are light and lively, his palms are swift and dashing. Before the palm even hits, his body would already had moved, thus it is hard to tell how he is moving.

The first time that Guo Jing fights an enemy after his time of learning martial arts, is already one with such high kung fu. After battling for awhile, he can't help but despair. The youth's left foot flew over, and with a pat, he hit Guo jing's right hip right on the target. Luckily, Guo Jing's basic kung fu is very strong, and the enemy did not use all his strength. Now, his body only shook a little, and immediately both his palms were flying again and protecting all the weak spots on his body, trying his best to protect and attack. The youth priest kept pressing on hard, and Guo Jing knew that he could almost not cope anymore, he suddenly heard a voice from behind him shouting, "Attack his lower body!" Guo Jing heard that it was his third teacher Han Bao Ju's voice, and felt joy in his heart, and angled his body to the right and turned around. He saw all his six teachers were already standing behind his back for a long time. Only with all his concentration focused on battling with the enemy, he did not discover that they were there.

With this, his spirit rose greatlyy and followed his third teacher's advice, fiercely attacking the priest's lower body. That person's body form is light, and his lower body, as his third teacher said, was definitely not very strong. As the spectators could usually see the flaws easily from the sidelines, the six freaks of the South had saw his flaws right from the beginning. Being attacked by Guo Jing for a time, the youth can't help but fall back. Guo Jing saw that victory was near, and on seeing that the enemy had stumbled, he attacked with a series of "Yuan Yang" (Manderin Ducks) kicks, with both foot flying forth. Who knew that this enemy was only trying to lure Guo Jing with this trick, both Han Bao Ju and Han Xiao Ying called out together, "Watch out!"

As Guo Jing lacks experience, and did not even know what to watch out for, when his right foot kicked out, it was already grasped by the enemy immediately.

That youth priest took advantage of the way he kicked out his leg and sent his palms out to hit him. Guo Jing can't help it, but with a somersault, he fell onto the ground. He landed on his back and it hurt terribly. With a move "Carp flipping upright" (Li Yu Da Ting", he immediately sprung up to attack again, only to see that his six teachers have already surrounded the youth priest. The priest neither resist or tried to attack, only raised his hands together in a greeting manner, and said in a clear voice, "Disciple Yin Ping Zhi, following the instructions of my honoured teacher "Chang Chun Zi" Qiu Chu Ji, asks if masters are well." While saying that, he respectfully kowtowed.

On hearing that this person is sent by Qiu Chu Ji, the Six Freaks of the South all felt curious, and feared that it may be part of a scheme, so they did not raise their arms to help him up. Yin Zhi Ping stood up, and took out a letter. With both hands, he presented it to Zhu Cong.

Ke Zhen E heard the patrolling Mongolian soldiers coming nearer, so he said, "Let's talk inside."

Yin Zhi Ping followed the six freaks into the tent. Quan Jin Fa lit up a candle made of sheep's fat. This is the tent that the five male freaks live in, Han Xiao Ying lived in another tent with other unmarried Mongolian women. Yin Zhi Ping saw that the furnishings in the tent were simple and coarse, and felt that the six freak's everyday life must be quite tough, so he bowed and said, "Every elder here must have suffered here for these years, my teacher is grateful to you beyond words, and he specially commanded disciple here to come and thank each of you."

Ke Zhen E let out a hmph, thinking, "If the reason you are here is truly so, then why did you fight Jing-er till he fell over with a somersault? Unless you want to make us feel low before the competition?"

By now, Zhu Cong had opened the envelope and removed the letter inside, in a clear and resonant voice, read out, "Quan Zhen disciple Qiu Chu Ji, greets respectfully the Six heroes of the South, Master Ke, Master Zhu, Master Han, Master Nan, Master Quan and Heroine Han. When we part in the south previously, the years had passed quickly. The Seven Heroes' promise is as heavy as a thousand taels of gold (meaning trustworthy etc.), with righteousness as tall as the clouds and the skies ***(insert similar phrases here but I'm not really sure how to translate)***. And it is really the chivalry and benevolence seen in olden days, coming back to life."

When Ke Zhen E heard til this point, his wrinkled brow smoothed a little.

Zhu Cong continued reading, "Master Zhang passed away in Northen Mongolia, it is really enough to make people sigh deeply grasping their wrists and always feeling sad, and can't even forget about it no matter how many days gone by. Lowly priest had relied on the fortune of you heroes, and luckily did not waste that fortune, after nine years of searching, I managed to find the Yang family's child."

"Ah..." the other five freaks went simutaneously. They had known that Qiu Chu Ji is really capable and the disciples under the Quan Zhen sect is all over the world. It is expected for him to find Yang Tie Xin's family and offspring, because he must have always borne in mind the scheduled meeting for the martial arts competition in Jia Xing; but being able to find the female whose whereabouts are unknown, it is still regardlessly like searching for a needle in a haystack. When whether the child borned is a girl or boy, it is all up to the heavens. If it is a girl, there is still a limit to the power of her martial arts. Now hearing from the letter that the child has already be found, it gave them a momentarily shock. The six of them, had never told the Guo mother and child about this matter. Zhu Cong slide his eyes towards Guo Jing, and on seeing that his expression did not change, read on, "After two years, when the flowers are blooming and the grass long in Jiang Nan, will meet and drink with all you masters at the Drunken Goddess Pavillion. Life is gone like the dew, and these eighteen years are as though a dream. Will the brave heroes of the world laugh at my foolishness?" When he read to this point, he stopped.

Han Bao Ju asked, "What is below?"

"The letter ended there. It is definitely his handwriting," Zhu Cong replied.

That day at the restaurent, Zhu Cong had once stole a piece of poetry from Qiu Chu Ji's pocket and could recognise his handwriting.

Ke Zhen asked in a somber voice, "The Yang family's child is a male? His name is Yang Kang?"

Yin Zhi Ping replied, "Yes."

Ke Zhen E continued, "So he is your junior brother?"

"Is my senior brother. Although disciple is older than him by a year, Yang senior brother had started learning from Quan Zhen earlier by two years," Yin Zhi Ping replied.

The six freaks of the south had seen his kung fu, and Guo Jing is definitely not his match. If the junior brother is already so good, his senior brother must be even more powerful. At this point, they felt their hearts sinking. Not to mention, Qiu Chu Ji knows of their actions like the back of his hand, he even knew of Zhang Ah Sheng's death. They all felt that they are already on the losing end.

Ke Zhen E said coldly, "When you sparred with him earlier, was it to test his abilities?"

Yin Zhi Ping heard his tone of voice was hostile and felt anxious in his heart, hurriedly saying, "Disciple would not dare to."

Ke Zhen E said, " Go back and tell your teacher although the six freaks of the south may not be as good, but they will definitely not miss the appointment at the Drunken Goddess Pavillion. Tell your teacher not to worry. We are not going to write a reply letter!"

After hearing these sentences, Yin Ping Zhi did not know whether to comply or not, and felt very awkward. He followed his teacher's instructions to come up to the north to pass the letter, and Qiu Chu Ji had indeed told him to find a way to test Guo Jing's character and kungfu. The Man of Eternal Spring (Chang Chun Zi) cares about his friend's son, and it was actually out of a good intention. But Yin Ping Zhi as a youth is naturally more troublesome, and on reaching the Mongolian plains, he did not rush to see the six freaks, but instead sparred with Guo Jing in the middle of the night.

Now, on seeing the unfriendly expressions the six freaks were wearing, his heart started to fear and did not dare to delay any longer, and first bowed to everyone, saying, "Disciple will go now."

Ke Zhen E suddenly said in a sharp tone, "You should turn a somersault too!", and swiftly sweeping his left arm out, he caught hold of Yin Zhi Ping's collar. Yin Zhi Ping got a big fright, and with both his hands, tried with all his might to push away Ke Zhen E's arms. However, how would he know that if he did not attempt to get away, he would only had been made to fall with a somersault. But by hitting back, he only made Ke Zhen E more angry. With his left arm bent, he lifted up Yin Zhi Ping's entire body, and with a "hey" sound, threw this little priest heavily onto the ground.

From this fall, Yin Zhi Ping's back was hurting so badly as though it was cracked, and after awhile, slowly struggled to get up, and limped away.

Han Bao Ju said, "The little priest have no manners. It's a good thing that big brother taught him a lesson."

Ke Zhen E was silently thinking, and after quite a long while, took a deep sigh. As the five freaks felt the same way and all were depressed.

Nan Xi Ren suddenly said, "No matter what, still have to fight, even if it could not be won!"

Han Xiao Ying said, "Fourth brother is right. After we seven people become sworn siblings, we had gone over the world together. We had gone through so many dangers and the seven freaks of the south had never retreated."

Ke Zhen E nodded and said to Guo Jing, "Go back to sleep. We will work harder starting from tomorrow."
    Last edited by foreva; 05-13-04 at 08:27 AM.

Thumbs up

Your translation drew me out.

It's great to read about Guo Jing again. However, won't it be better to post yours in new topic just so that when Moin continues his translation in chapter 4, readers won't get too confused??

Have a few questions regarding 6 freaks:
    They don't have cultivated inner power, right? Therefore how do they have the lightness kungfu? I assume that the lightness kungfu utilizes the inner power. Please correct me if I am wrong?

Guo Jing doesn't seem half dunce as portrayed in 82 version.

thank you.
    "History's third dimension is always fiction."
    -- The Glass Bead Game, Hermann Hesse

Default uhm....

question....why again are the six freaks called freaks??

i was wondering if jin yong had any intention of relating them with 6 peach valley fairies the smiling proud wanderer
    Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Originally posted by Goofy
    Your translation drew me out.

It's great to read about Guo Jing again. However, won't it be better to post yours in new topic just so that when Moin continues his translation in chapter 4, readers won't get too confused??

They don't have cultivated inner power, right? Therefore how do they have the lightness kungfu? I assume that the lightness kungfu utilizes the inner power. Please correct me if I am wrong?

Guo Jing doesn't seem half dunce as portrayed in 82 version.

thank you.

I don't think Moin would continue translating LOCH (2nd edition). He stopped the translation because the third edition of LOCH is published.

How do you concur the 6 freaks don't have inner power?

Originally posted by Goofy
    Internal energy cultivation is used to develop inner power, but it isn't the only method. Everybody even those who doesn't practice internal cultivation, already have inner power. The freak, IMO, exercise their inner power by using or applying it. Just like YG uses his inner power to keep him warm when sleeping on the ice bed. To me, the freak only know the basic of generating internal energy like lightness kungfu, or some kicks, palms, fists. GJ also kind of practice the same method from Ma Yu by climbing mountain, and also actual internal cultivation.

Thanks foreva, for the translation.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 05-13-04 at 01:25 PM.