Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagle Shooting Heroes (LoCH), Chapter 4 and onward.

Originally posted by Du Gu seeking a win
    I don't think Moin would continue translating LOCH (2nd edition). He stopped the translation because the third edition of LOCH is published.
    Never said I was stopping it, I merely put it on hold until I figure out what I wanted to do because the 3rd edition came out.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Default Re: uhm....

Originally posted by Chon-Ji
    question....why again are the six freaks called freaks??

i was wondering if jin yong had any intention of relating them with 6 peach valley fairies the smiling proud wanderer
    I don't think that it is to relate them with the 6 fairies, in fact, they are different. They are firstly the 7 freaks but one died.
    and the 6 fairies are basically crazy and nonsensical, but the 7 freaks call them selves the 7 freaks, as they feel that they are not suitable to be called the 7 heroes/gallants of the south. I guess that's because when one thinks of 7 heroes, they won't be able to connect their minds to a blind person, a pickpocket, a ultra short and fat man, a woodcutter, a pork seller, a merchant, and a young girl. Furthermore, it may be suggested that sometimes, the way they act may be kind of different from what society accepts.

Thank you so much for the translation foreva!

Thankz for the translations
    Burying his Dugu 9 Jian manual under an epitaph, Dugu Qiubai felt he has left his legacy for the next generation. He then moved to Shaolin to study Buddhism, sweep floors and tap elite fighters.

Originally posted by Moinllieon
    Never said I was stopping it, I merely put it on hold until I figure out what I wanted to do because the 3rd edition came out.
    Moin: Hope you'll continue to translate the 2nd edition. Afterall, that's what most of the people from our generation is used to, especially from the TVB adaptions.

Just my 2 cents.

thx for translating moin and foreva... now i know why in the early parts of roch, guo jing is respectful to yin ping zhi... if it's not too much to ask, is it possible for someone to finish translating ch 4?? it's a lil suprising for me to find out that copper corpse is suddenly killed by the lil guo jing. thanks!

Default translations

It seems that the translations for Jin Yong's literature are slowing down pretty much lately:

1) ROCH - this has been the fastest, but Noodles is taking a break
    2) SOD - this has been pretty fast too but Lanny has been pretty quiet lately
    3) HSDS - probably the 3rd in terms of speed, but haven't heard from Meh for a long time...
    4) DGSD - plenty of translated 'fragments' floating around..
    5) LOCH - we all know where this one is going...
    6) Odes to Gallantry - pretty much still at chapter 1...

"Kudos"/ salutations to all the efforts of the translators so far, I for one, really hope someone can consider translating maybe a chapter or 2, and let our translators take a break....

different translators have differents styles though....and should the origianl translator's perssion be needed?

I surely would transalte if i know how to read Chinese, too much free time in office..hehe. But then I may have not found this site.

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Default Rest of Chapter 4

edited out
    Last edited by Du Gu seeking a win; 01-10-05 at 07:58 AM.

Default Rest of Chapter 5

edited out
    Last edited by Du Gu seeking a win; 01-10-05 at 08:01 AM.

Exclamation ???

U are going to post it in english, ain't u ?
    i doubt there are many here who knows this language either. AND I DON'T!!!

Default La Légende du Héros chasseur d'aigles, tome 1

http://www.heroschasseurdaigles.com/

La Légende du Héros chasseur d'aigles, tome 1

Ouvrage traduit avec le concours du Centre national du livre

Parution : mars 2004

Nombre de pages : 570

Prix de vente : 29 €

Le livre, imprimé en Corée, est en cours d'acheminement, et se trouvera très prochainement dans toutes les librairies.

Mais vous pouvez d'ores et déjà le commander à :

Librairie You-Feng

45, rue Monsieur le Prince

75006 Paris

Téléphone : 01.43.25.89.98

ou, si vous souhaitez être informé de sa disponibilité, vous pouvez nous envoyer un message :

[email protected]

hum... what's the difference in 2nd edition and 3rd edition... the content changes?

I'm a newbie, so I dont know. I started wathing de LoCH anime 1st season and got here travelling by foruns. the anime is actually the ROCH though...

I dont watch the tv channel (i dont even know how to get it or from where it is)and am having cotact with chinese literature only now... so I know oly shallow things at the moment. But, How can the content of the book change? The autor himself change the contents of the romance after it is published...? I've never seen it in ocidental publications...
    By the way, is the autor still alive?

thankx for the attention.

yep, the author, Jin Yong, is still alive...he's like 90 something? and he just published revisions for the third time.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Revisions for a published romance... I've never seen it in the ocident; cant say if it's good or bad though.

But I think it makes the life of a writter more easy... He just goes publishing and republishing if he sees something could be better... well, good and bad points, can't judge, different culture.

Thankz for the info. Hope the translation from the second edition continues, or if possible, continue with the 3rd translation from the poist the tranlation of the 2nd stopped. It has changes but is the same story, It may be possible, if the resumption from the 2nd come to be impracticable...

Felipe.

Default ???

Is this section still running?
    thought is stopped. it disappeared from main list.
    is any one posting the translation in this or not? Even small portion of the LOCH would be great

hmm When I thought I had catch up with the translations someone already started chap 5 :/

I'll post up the rest of the chap. 4 in English (this weekend), Im currently starting reading the rest of the chap 4 that has not yet been translated (its like 20 pages (SS) A5 till chap 5). And after it i'll translate the rest of chap 5 (if its not completed) and start all way up to the end.

Cool Strunf. I just started reading this so I'll be supporting your translation all the way.
    Has Moinllieon decided to stop translating LoCH then? I guess he's concentrating on LXF.