Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Looking for A Specific Themesong/Subtheme. Ask here!

Default TVB Orchestra CD?

A friend of mine claims that there was CD made of the Hong Kong orchestra performing songs from old TVB series. Does anyone have information on this (e.g. what series were included), or how I can obtain such a CD?

Thanks.
    -R

Such a CD did exist and was issued sometime during 1990s. It is long out of print and features orchestral recordings of the compositions of Joseph Koo Ga Fai. I owned this CD at one point. It included symphonic versions of many of TVB's 1970s and 1980s theme tunes.

I wish I could tell you that this contained the actual BGM recordings used in the series, but I was disappointed when I played the CD. It featured *new* recordings of the songs in symphonic form, but not the actual BGM tracks recorded during the 1970s and 1980s as heard in the series themselves. I wouldn't say that the orchestra did a bad job recording the tracks, but it wasn't what I expected at all.

The CD is currently out of print, and probably has been for years.

Default Orchestra Background Music for TVB Series

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to hear that the CD does *not* contain the BGM of those TVB series, because if it did, I would have to stop at nothing to obtain it.

My favorite background music from TVB series are as follows:

1. Legend of the Condor Heroes (1983)
    2. Kuet Jin Wong Sheng (Adam Cheng 1989)
    3. Hung Hei Kwan (Austin Wai Tin Chi 1988--there's no trace of this series anywhere on the Net)

If anyone can tell me where I can get the BGM for any of these, or any info at all on #3, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
    -R

Quote Originally Posted by wrawlind View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to hear that the CD does *not* contain the BGM of those TVB series, because if it did, I would have to stop at nothing to obtain it.

My favorite background music from TVB series are as follows:

1. Legend of the Condor Heroes (1983)
    2. Kuet Jin Wong Sheng (Adam Cheng 1989)
    3. Hung Hei Kwan (Austin Wai Tin Chi 1988--there's no trace of this series anywhere on the Net)

If anyone can tell me where I can get the BGM for any of these, or any info at all on #3, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
    -R
    As far as I know, actual BGM for TVB series music has become available to the public only *once*. Around 1982 or so, one of the various compilations of the music for DEMIGODS & SEMIDEVILS 1981 (the version starring Kent Tong, Felix Wong, and Leung Ga Yan) featured not only all of the songs sung by Michael Kwan and Susannah Kwan, but also several of the various mood tracks from the BGM. It was the one and only time that actual TVB BGM was ever made available to the public.

This was released on cassette tape and probably vinyl LP in the early 1980s. At one point, I owned the cassette tape.

The Roman Tam CD with the Romantic Swordsman label on the front has a single BGM track from the Romantic Swordsman. It's wonderful stuff..

Do dooo dooo dooooooo (to the tune of "lan tak yat sang")
    ...... rat-tat-tat-tat... rat-tat-tat-tat.....
    Do dooo dooo dooooooo (to the tune of "ching kuan chi chong")
    ...... rat-tat-tat-tat... rat-tat-tat-tat.....

something like that. You can find it in most music shops these days.

http://www.yesasia.com/us/flying-kni...0-en/info.html

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    The Roman Tam CD with the Romantic Swordsman label on the front has a single BGM track from the Romantic Swordsman. It's wonderful stuff..

Ian
    That's true. I'd forgotten that during the 1970s, it was customary to put *one* of the mood BGM from the actual series soundtrack on the related album.

But usually, only one...not all the different variations.

TVB has many excellent theme songs. One of my favorite soundtracks is 壹號皇庭 series (File of Justice). Get this album.
    - Excellent Opening

THE FILE OF JUSTICE COLLECTION
    产品语言粤语 碟数CD+VCD 售价:HK$105
    出版日期1998-07-16 发行商百代唱片

1. 一号皇庭主题音乐 音乐
    2. Thatīs Why (You Go Away) - 迈克尔学摇滚 [为什么你离开我] 英语
    3. Dreaming Of You - Selena 英语
    4. 从来未发生 - 苏永康 (电视剧"壹号皇庭"插曲) 粤语
    5. Close To You(Senas Piano II) 音乐
    6. 执迷不悔 - 王菲 [No Regrets] 粤语
    7. Under The Moonlight(Natalie Burks) 英语
    8. 假使有日能忘记 - 苏永康 (TVB电视剧"壹号皇庭Ⅳ"主题曲) 粤语
    9. Piano Piece Of Sena(Miniami) 音乐
    10. 愿望用一生爱你 - 马浚伟 (TVB电视剧"壹号皇庭Iv"插曲) 粤语
    11. What Will I Do(Love Theme From Long Vacation) (演唱:Natailie Burks) 英语
    12. 灯火栏栅处 - 苏永康 (TVB电视剧"壹号皇庭Ⅲ"主题曲) 粤语
    13. Missing Each Other(演奏) 音乐
    14. 不应该发生 - 马浚伟 (TVB电视剧"壹号皇庭V"插曲) 粤语
    15. Close To Me(Natailie Burks) 英语
    16. 割爱 - 苏永康 (电视剧"壹号皇庭Ⅱ"插曲) 粤语
    17. 如爱我 - 郑秀文 粤语
    18. 假使有日能忘记(演奏) 音乐
    19. 不应该发生(演奏)
    Besides TVB, I also like watching and listening to very old ATV MV/theme songs like those below. They bring back many good memories.

- Young Wong Fei Hung 少年黃飛鴻

- Dynasty 大內群英

That's a good compilation, but still a lot of songs missing. I have most of these songs, but I will get this set for Cadet 88 theme, Grand Canal theme, New Adventures of Chor Lau Heung theme. But still no HSDS 86 subsong and Flying Fox subsong.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Hey Wargods, how did you find that link on yesasia anyways? I always check the music section for new releases, but it's not listed. I can only find it from ur link.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Hey Wargods, how did you find that link on yesasia anyways? I always check the music section for new releases, but it's not listed. I can only find it from ur link.
    http://www.yesasia.com/global/canton...5-en/list.html

Click "All Future Releases with Preorder"

Talking

wow, it's been many years since I visited, sorry but do you guys know where I can find Drunken Fist song by Deric Wan again................... can't get that song or show out of my mind.

Was looking for outlets selling the CD and came across this thread on Google.

You can find the BGM on youtube and the symphonic versions too. I've got to say that the BGM is better.

Tie Xue Dan Xian (Teet Hyut Dan Sum) is not the same without the "hoo ha"s, the ker-ching of the drawn sword, the screech of the condors.

Or the synthisizer blur at the beginning of Dong Xie Xi Du (Dung Cher Sai Duk).

The symphonic version of Xu Zhu zhuan qi (Hui Juk zuan kei) sounds very good though. There is a sense of pace and grandeur.

I wonder who actually owns the rights to these BGM tracks now or if they still exist. I doubt TVB owns them anymore. Even if they do, they would never release it.

I wonder who actually owns the rights to these BGM tracks now or if they still exist. I doubt TVB owns them anymore. Even if they do, they would never release it.
    They probably think there's no marketable value in them (would they be surprised).

Or, since it's TVB, Ah Fook probably dropped them in the toilet while rushing to get free dim sum.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    Tie Xue Dan Xian (Teet Hyut Dan Sum) is not the same without the "hoo ha"s, the ker-ching of the drawn sword, the screech of the condors.
    The hoo has, drawn sword and condor screech were from Wah San Lun Kim, not Teet Huet Dan Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    The hoo has, drawn sword and condor screech were from Wah San Lun Kim, not Teet Huet Dan Sum.
    Those "hoo"s and "ha"s from the theme song of Part 3 of LOCH '82 (MT. HUA SWORD TOURNAMENT) reminds me of a funny anecdote from my childhood: one of my classmates/buddies from Saturday Chinese school at the time, who was also a fan of the wuxia adaptations, thought the "hoo"s and "ha"s were the sounds the protagonists (Gwok Jing and Wong Yung) were making as they had sex.

My eleven-year old self laughed out loud at that one.

Hello folks, just joined and thought I could contribute to this thread

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WlrWh_0lR7k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f& amp;color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WlrWh_0lR7k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f& amp;color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Argghh! first post failed since I didn't know embedded video is not allowed

Well, here is the BGM to legend of the condor heroes 1983:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlrWh_0lR7k

The themes are Iron Blood, Loyal heart and A Life of Meaning.

Yes, you're right. TVB doesn't own them. The tracks are/were owned by various music studios such as Universal Music Hong Kong and etc. I guess if they receive enough requests they would commercially release those BGM as my friends and I were able to get Vietnam International Video to release the 1984 Taiwanese version of HSDS.