+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 140

Thread: Vietnam

  1. #21
    Senior Member lilviet_grl8o8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Posts
    562

    Default

    wow my mom is taking me to vietnam next summer;; we're staying with family (: haha freeeee. but ya i haven't been there since i was 3. we went to temple high up in the mountains!! i remember my aunts carried me up because it was so far; i remember the sugar cane juice (: it was yummmmy ! ... i forgot how to spell where my gramma guys live. i think vung tao??

    what type of foods should we avoid to eat in vietnam??
    Currently....
    Tian Xia Di Yi | Thien Ha De Nhat Kiem
    Wallace Huo is a hotttie!

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    wow my mom is taking me to vietnam next summer;; we're staying with family (: haha freeeee. but ya i haven't been there since i was 3. we went to temple high up in the mountains!! i remember my aunts carried me up because it was so far; i remember the sugar cane juice (: it was yummmmy ! ... i forgot how to spell where my gramma guys live. i think vung tao??

    what type of foods should we avoid to eat in vietnam??
    i dunno, u won't get poison, i mean people there eat it, what really happen is that you're not used to it and might get sick. Personally i ate anything and everything, but that's because i was born there and lived till i was 12, so prior to living the US i pretty much ate anything and everything there.

    But if you want to be safe, just drink bottle water instead of the their water. Vung Tau is a beach area about 100 km from Ho Chi Minh City, it's quite nice, but lately it's been dirty up a bit cuzz there's too many people. If your mom go and u can tag along, u should go, it's not too bad.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    992

    Default

    currently in VN. neone else vacation-ing here this summer '07? let's meet up kEkeke
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

    <3 them.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imthatlady View Post
    currently in VN. neone else vacation-ing here this summer '07? let's meet up kEkeke
    i was gonna go, but i'll go next year

  5. #25
    Senior Member lilviet_grl8o8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Posts
    562

    Default

    me too i'm going next year.....
    Currently....
    Tian Xia Di Yi | Thien Ha De Nhat Kiem
    Wallace Huo is a hotttie!

  6. #26
    Senior Member Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The cheesecake factory
    Posts
    12,635

    Default

    So far, maybe some warnings to people traveling to VN.

    Don't talk about anything politic.

    FOr people from the Unites States, you will experience alot of mosquito bites and ant bites.

    - bring some anti-diaretic pills
    - bribe when u can with some cash
    - be prepared to be called fat. I walk to buy some clothes in certain department stores, the clerk ran up to me and said, " Sorry, we don't have any of your size here."
    - try to steer away from drinking any beverage with ice since there is a high reason for it not being treated.
    -be prepared to meet alot of beggars. Since you like will stand out amongst the crowd over there, they will all run to you like hawks.
    -sadly, there are people who uses the crippled and lame to get money while begging. It's ok to say no, don't feel bad.
    - always be opened minded for culture differences.
    -be prepared for the heat
    -don't wear contacts that often. I got infected because the air there is dirty.
    -they drive the cyclos alot., so try to hope on one. Don't be scared on driving one because they basically drive 10 mph
    - taxi isn't the best way. Much slower and a rip off.
    - seriously no points to show off your wealth in front of people there. They either will hate you, try to suck up to you, or some ppl might steal from you
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

    www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

  7. #27
    Senior Member lilviet_grl8o8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    So far, maybe some warnings to people traveling to VN.

    Don't talk about anything politic.

    FOr people from the Unites States, you will experience alot of mosquito bites and ant bites.

    - bring some anti-diaretic pills
    - bribe when u can with some cash
    - be prepared to be called fat. I walk to buy some clothes in certain department stores, the clerk ran up to me and said, " Sorry, we don't have any of your size here."
    - try to steer away from drinking any beverage with ice since there is a high reason for it not being treated.
    -be prepared to meet alot of beggars. Since you like will stand out amongst the crowd over there, they will all run to you like hawks.
    -sadly, there are people who uses the crippled and lame to get money while begging. It's ok to say no, don't feel bad.
    - always be opened minded for culture differences.
    -be prepared for the heat
    -don't wear contacts that often. I got infected because the air there is dirty.
    -they drive the cyclos alot., so try to hope on one. Don't be scared on driving one because they basically drive 10 mph
    - taxi isn't the best way. Much slower and a rip off.
    - seriously no points to show off your wealth in front of people there. They either will hate you, try to suck up to you, or some ppl might steal from you
    wow still sounds the same as when i was threee!
    i used to cry when beggars come up to me. lol
    thanks for the other tips though, about the ice, & contacts and stuff
    Currently....
    Tian Xia Di Yi | Thien Ha De Nhat Kiem
    Wallace Huo is a hotttie!

  8. #28
    Senior Member Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The cheesecake factory
    Posts
    12,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    wow still sounds the same as when i was threee!
    i used to cry when beggars come up to me. lol
    thanks for the other tips though, about the ice, & contacts and stuff

    teeheee, I believe that VN had advanced somewhat. I think it is best that u have some family there or follow tourguides if you know no one. Scams and rip offs are common
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

    www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

  9. #29
    Senior Member lilviet_grl8o8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Posts
    562

    Default

    yea my gramma's from both sides are still there & so are most of my aunts & uncle next year VUNG TAO is gonna be rockin` lol. haha i think it's going to be a huge family reunion
    Currently....
    Tian Xia Di Yi | Thien Ha De Nhat Kiem
    Wallace Huo is a hotttie!

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8 View Post
    yea my gramma's from both sides are still there & so are most of my aunts & uncle next year VUNG TAO is gonna be rockin` lol. haha i think it's going to be a huge family reunion

    it's cool n all, but when it's time for money it scares me, i can really use that money somewhere else (ticket alone is already 1K+ and expenses is gonna be huge)

  11. #31
    Senior Member lilviet_grl8o8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Posts
    562

    Default

    that's why i gotta WOOOOOORRRK!!! lol
    Currently....
    Tian Xia Di Yi | Thien Ha De Nhat Kiem
    Wallace Huo is a hotttie!

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigTEX View Post
    Hi Vinci. Where is the best bia om in Vietnam and do you have cute friends in Vietnam that you can hook me up when I visit?
    yep plz tell him

  13. #33
    Senior Member patricia n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    somewhere on earth
    Posts
    4,278

    Default

    vinci, i'm planning to go to vietnam for a month next year around feb-march...partially work related and will be staying in saigon. what do you recommend doing in saigon, and how is the public transportation to more rural areas? i heard that driving there is as bad as driving in china...so i have no intention of renting a car. which hotel do your recommend staying in saigon (flushing toilet and safe and reasonably priced)? is there a gym (fitness center) that one can can a one month membership to?

    where are the most culturally rich areas (which i can travel to by public transportation)? which areas are deemed safe should i choose to tour by myself when i feel like it? what special events should i check out around that time of year?

    where are the best places to eat?

    let me know!

    thanks.
    Last edited by patricia n; 09-21-07 at 12:30 PM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

  14. #34
    Senior Member Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The cheesecake factory
    Posts
    12,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    vinci, i'm planning to go to vietnam for a month next year around feb-march...partially work related and will be staying in saigon. what do you recommend doing in saigon, and how is the public transportation to more rural areas? i heard that driving there is as bad as driving in china...so i have no intention of renting a car. which hotel do your recommend staying in saigon (flushing toilet and safe and reasonably priced)? is there a gym (fitness center) that one can can a one month membership to?

    where are the most culturally rich areas (which i can travel to by public transportation)? which areas are deemed safe should i choose to tour by myself when i feel like it? what special events should i check out around that time of year?

    where are the best places to eat?

    let me know!

    thanks.


    driving is awful. The roads are small.. and if u can't drive a standard, u are screwed. They use mostly moto's
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

    www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

  15. #35
    Senior Member CanDEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    LA-LA Land
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    i dunno, u won't get poison, i mean people there eat it, what really happen is that you're not used to it and might get sick. Personally i ate anything and everything, but that's because i was born there and lived till i was 12, so prior to living the US i pretty much ate anything and everything there.

    But if you want to be safe, just drink bottle water instead of the their water. Vung Tau is a beach area about 100 km from Ho Chi Minh City, it's quite nice, but lately it's been dirty up a bit cuzz there's too many people. If your mom go and u can tag along, u should go, it's not too bad.

    You were 12 years old when you left VN? I'm assuming you are a matured adult right? hehehehe..are you married? if not, can I hook you up with my cousin from VN?
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    You were 12 years old when you left VN? I'm assuming you are a matured adult right? hehehehe..are you married? if not, can I hook you up with my cousin from VN?
    i'm not "mature", i'm only 21 (but the way i act/look you think i'm still in highschool, it sucks), and i personally really hate long distance relationship, i don't think they work at all. Besides i'm too dam poor to be supporting a girlfriend haha.

    BTW: is it weird that vietnamese people living in the US ask young male/female to marry their relative for money to bring them over? I think that's border line violation of the idea of "marriage". How bad it is to marry someone bring them over (fake) and when you go out on a date, you tell your date "hey i'm married" haha.
    Last edited by warlock110; 09-25-07 at 05:38 PM.

  17. #37
    Banned SkyKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Earth?
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    BTW: is it weird that vietnamese people living in the US ask young male/female to marry their relative for money to bring them over? I think that's border line violation of the idea of "marriage". How bad it is to marry someone bring them over (fake) and when you go out on a date, you tell your date "hey i'm married" haha.
    no, i don't see anything weird about it.....just helping people to live in a better place.....

  18. #38
    Banned SkyKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Earth?
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    FOr people from the Unites States, you will experience alot of mosquito bites and ant bites. where in VN u stay at? when i was in Saigon, i didn't see any mosquito at all....i only saw it when i was in the country side....
    - bring some anti-diaretic pills i have to agree with tat!!!!!!
    - bribe when u can with some cash not a great tips but still u can use it
    - be prepared to be called fat. lol....i wear size M in the state.....i have to buy XXL in VN size lol.....
    - try to steer away from drinking any beverage with ice since there is a high reason for it not being treated. agree....
    be prepared to meet alot of beggars. Since you like will stand out amongst the crowd over there, they will all run to you like hawks.i only saw 2 beggars in Saigon.....maybe i live in the "rich" area, so no poor people
    - always be opened minded for culture differences. if u can't do tat...then get ur gay azz back home!!!!!!
    -be prepared for the heat HELL YEA!!!! it's HOT HOT HOT....Da Lat is so cool....love it there!!!!
    -don't wear contacts that often. I got infected because the air there is dirty. tat's wat sunglasses are use for....to block the dirty when u r on the moto
    taxi isn't the best way. Much slower and a rip off. yes, taxi is a rip off but they ain't slow.....they are fast but only about 2-8 minutes faster than going on a moto
    - seriously no points to show off your wealth in front of people there. They either will hate you, try to suck up to you, or some ppl might steal from youthe best tip!!!!! don't be a show off.....there are many more people better than u...if u want to show off....then go to Diamond Plaza and show off to the communist kids....but a lil warning....u ain't going to beat them in anyway....


    ok, my tips:

    =when on a moto, don't hold anything valuable in ur hand, like a camera, cellphone, etc, b/c they could stole it...
    =if u don't intend to buy stuff, then don't bargain with the owners, b/c they will CUZZ u out if u don't buy after talking to them...
    =eating at a place with A/C will cost u more than eating outside...
    =don't no use the word "Cam on" since most of them don't use it.....lol....so it would make u stand out...
    =b4 eat at any places, try to get some paper and clean ur chopstick, soup, etc.....just clean everything...
    =bring ur own toothpaste, b/c the one in VN suck......
    =be ready to take 3 shower per day kekekekkek
    Last edited by SkyKing; 09-25-07 at 08:08 PM.

  19. #39
    Banned SkyKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Earth?
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    vinci, i'm planning to go to vietnam for a month next year around feb-march...partially work related and will be staying in saigon. what do you recommend doing in saigon, and how is the public transportation to more rural areas? i heard that driving there is as bad as driving in china...so i have no intention of renting a car. which hotel do your recommend staying in saigon (flushing toilet and safe and reasonably priced)? is there a gym (fitness center) that one can can a one month membership to?

    where are the most culturally rich areas (which i can travel to by public transportation)? which areas are deemed safe should i choose to tour by myself when i feel like it? what special events should i check out around that time of year?

    where are the best places to eat?

    let me know!

    thanks.
    y the hell u want to go to a fitness center in VN? ain't u there on a vacation?? rent a car in VN? hahahhhha....plz....if u can DRIVE....then we'll talk about renting a car.......public transportation isn't for viet kieu!!! best places to eat? i don't know wat u like....

  20. #40
    Banned SkyKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Earth?
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    teeheee, I believe that VN had advanced somewhat. I think it is best that u have some family there or follow tourguides if you know no one. Scams and rip offs are common
    VN advanced within the last 7 years.....still a LONG way to go.....

Similar Threads

  1. TVB Vietnam on DirectTV.
    By i_fotted in forum Global Series Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-20-12, 02:46 PM
  2. Bonjour Vietnam
    By CrazyT in forum Music
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-06, 11:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts