Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing View Post
    pho in VN is better than in the state.....the important is the sauce....so i think sauce in VN is better.....
    The soup is VN is boiled for days before serving. Well that's what I've heard. The Pho restaurant in my city is very good. Soup is very flavorful.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    The soup is VN is boiled for days before serving. Well that's what I've heard. The Pho restaurant in my city is very good. Soup is very flavorful.
    boiled for days? i don't think so....i eat pho in the street, so i can see how they prepare the soup n stuff.....since my bro make me wake up at 5AM!!!!! just to go eat pho.....

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing View Post
    boiled for days? i don't think so....i eat pho in the street, so i can see how they prepare the soup n stuff.....since my bro make me wake up at 5AM!!!!! just to go eat pho.....
    Dude, that's what I've heard. That some do boil the soup for a really long time. It might be different from the ones selling it on the streets. Wait, maybe they did it kind of like me where I eat the soup for days, there for the soup is boiled everyday.

hmm,.. i can only account for msg when I went to Vn.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

I've heard numerous rumors about people in Vietnam cooking bugs in the Pho soup to make it more flavorful and tasty, while saving cost on beef. Whether it's true or false, I don't know. However, I couldn't bring myself to eat Pho when I last visited there. *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    I've heard numerous rumors about people in Vietnam cooking bugs in the Pho soup to make it more flavorful and tasty, while saving cost on beef. Whether it's true or false, I don't know. However, I couldn't bring myself to eat Pho when I last visited there. *shudders*
    whoever dumb enough to mistaking between eating bug and beef......but no, it's only a rumor....well, i don't live in VN so i don't really know if it's true o not.....but i don't think so.....there isn't enough bug

Banned

I quite like Vietnam foods especially their "egg-roll", uhm...so great.

But I'm a big fan of French and Mexican foods.

Another Vietnamese food I enjoy very much are Spring Rolls with the hoison sauce dip.

hello my dearr Gugu! I can give you Springrolls recipe hehehhe
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

Quote Originally Posted by CanDEE View Post
    hello my dearr Gugu! I can give you Springrolls recipe hehehhe
    I know how to make the spring roll itself. I want the sauce recipe. It's the hoison sauce one with peanut on top. I know they don't just dump hoison in the bowl for us cause it tastes different.

I know how to make the spring roll itself. I want the sauce recipe. It's the hoison sauce one with peanut on top. I know they don't just dump hoison in the bowl for us cause it tastes different.
    I think my family recie is hoison and peanut butter

Another Vietnamese food I enjoy very much are Spring Rolls with the hoison sauce dip.
    hey i said that earlier! so expensive tho.... its like 4 dollars for 2 rolls
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by warlock110 View Post
    yeah, young people in the US rarely talk to those in VN, it's just the different life style and ways of thinking, it's hard to talk to them. I talked to my cousin last month via AIM (they just got internet hooked up in their house in VN) and all she can talk about is how hard she studies. I was being really nice, but it scares me to talk to her again haha.
    OMFG, i agree with u. me my cousins do NOT click when we talk. most of them are such annoying jealous *****s. since they live in VN..they get jealous whenever anyone brings up how great the lifestyle over here is compared to VN and then they get all defensive and say the most ridiculous shits. 1 of them just arrived to the U.S about 2 weeks ago, and surprisingly, she was the worst of the bunch back home..always dissing America and praising VN n then she gets all happy n excited when she heard that shes coming here as an international student..my family tells me to call her n "talk to her"..pft, yeah right. i hope she gets ****ed in the *** by some drug dealer ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    dam.... after 2 bowls, im like done for
    haha u gotta remember, the portion in VN are much smaller
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I'm curious if the pho in Vietnam is any better than it is in the U.S., where pho seems to vary little from restaurant to restaurant.
    Pho in the U.S is definitely better imo. the flavor and quality is so rich compared to over there. pho is one of my fav. viet food n yet, i couldn't even eat it while i was in VN i could eat them from the retails though like Pho 24.
    Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    i don't think that is true HOWEVER, what is true is that 1. they're LOAD with MSG..****ing nasty. u know how harmful msg is to ur health?! i couldn't eat the noodles there 'cause they put so much of that shit in place of boiling the bones necessary to make the broth since it's cheaper. 2. they use this chemical (i forgot the name) that is used to preserve dead people. 'cause u know how when someone dies..the funeral doesn't happen right away, so the corpse has to stay "alive" for at least a few days? well yea, since they bought so much "meat" to be cooked yet their business demand is way less than their supply, they use that chemical so the meat would last couple days longer & feed it to the hungry customers..instead of throwing it out.. there's been many news on this n since i heard it..**** no, i ate at home the whole time in VN
    for my family, we boil just a bit of water+sugar and then stir in the hoisin sauce.
    Last edited by imthatlady; 10-09-07 at 04:58 PM.
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

Quote Originally Posted by imthatlady View Post

for my family, we boil just a bit of water+sugar and then stir in the hoisin sauce.
    I'll try that. Thanks
    I thought I would try boiling it with some beef or chicken stock next time cause I thought it had other flavours in it.

I can eat spring rolls all day!+beer

But err...i believe the Hoisin sauce is as Sugar describes. Hoisin and peanut butter.

Then there is the fish sauce, water, sugar one. We also add grounded peanuts.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    I can eat spring rolls all day!+beer

But err...i believe the Hoisin sauce is as Sugar describes. Hoisin and peanut butter.

Then there is the fish sauce, water, sugar one. We also add grounded peanuts.
    So do I just boil hoison and peanut butter together? The peanut butter we get from american stores?

honestly, i've never heard of that. peanut butter+hoisin sauce interesting.
    number of piercings - 8 and counting.

<3 them.

So do I just boil hoison and peanut butter together? The peanut butter we get from american stores?
    wow your not much of a cook are you babe? Arent cooks usually able to get a general idea how something is made just by taste?

*Crosses out GuGu's name off the "Potential Wives" list*

Actually, I don't think there is any boiling involved at all. Yes the peanut butter from the stores. I'll have to call my momas to varify.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    wow your not much of a cook are you babe? Arent cooks usually able to get a general idea how something is made just by taste?

*Crosses out GuGu's name off the "Potential Wives" list*

Actually, I don't think there is any boiling involved at all. Yes the peanut butter from the stores. I'll have to call my momas to varify.
    LOL, I'm so glad to be off your list.

Anyways........... ... Yes the sauce has to be boiled at some point before serving. It is steaming hot when it comes out in the little sauce bowl. I also like to add on to the sauce a little of that dried pepper in the oily mixture and the red pepper sauce. QUICK! SOMEONE THROW ME A SPRING ROLL!!!

Yeah, my family uses peanut butter sauce. There are some people who uses ketchup to get that dark red color.