Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie Theatres

Default Movie Theatres

How long do movies play in theatres before they stop playing that movie? Like when do new movies become old and not played in theatres anymore. Anyone know?

Do you like eating the snacks at the concession stand and what snacks do you usually buy there?
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 06-29-07 at 01:08 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    How long do movies play in theatres before they stop playing that movie? Like when do new movies become old and not played in theatres anymore. Anyone know?

Do you like eating the snacks at the concession stand and what snacks do you usually buy there?

From 10AM-1AM at night

Pop corn and soda are what most people eat. I bring my own food, but of course I have to hide it until I'm sitting in my seat.
    Last edited by Wild-Fire; 06-29-07 at 01:12 AM.
    PLA

Quote Originally Posted by Wild-Fire View Post
    From 10AM-1AM at night

Pop corn and soda are what most people eat. I bring my own food, but of course I have to hide it until I'm sitting in my seat.

I'm not asking when they close the movie theatre or how late they play the movies.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

In that case its 2 months (it also depends on the incomes they make). The longest movie that ever lived in the theater was Titanic (5 months).
    Last edited by Wild-Fire; 06-29-07 at 01:42 AM.
    PLA

In that case its 2 months (it also depends on the incomes they make). The longest movie that ever lived in the theater was Titanic (5 months).
    Not true, there has been MANY movies that have been in theater for MUCH MORE than five months.

Please look up a world record in the Guiness book before stating it!!
    Last edited by sarakoth; 06-29-07 at 09:19 AM.

I like to munch on snacks while watching the movie. Outside food isn't allowed so if I buy from anywhere but the concession stand, I'd have to somehow hide the food and smuggle them in, hehe. I usually buy nachos or hotdog bread. With a Pepsi or some other drink to go along.

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    Not true, there has been MANY movies that have been in theater for MUCH MORE than five months.

Stop acting so big-headed, will you? I don't know what's happened to you because your recent posts just sounds so conceited, arrogant, and even offensive.

Not everyone will think of or even care to checking up world records. If you disapprove of what people are saying or have something better to add on, do so nicely.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 06-29-07 at 11:09 AM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

That totally depends on the popularity of the movie as to when it gets replaced. I've seen some that are there for months and some that only last for 2 weeks.

I don't like popcorn so if I do get anything it's usually one of the fruit flavored candies available. Sometimes I only get pop instead of getting anything to eat. The advertisement takes too long before the movie starts, the other day my friend and I ate all the candy before the movie started.

Man wake up, I'm talking about modern movies not freaking movies back in 50's. Titanic was the only movie that I ever seen in MY LIFE TIME that has stay so long in a movie theater. Titanic was the movie that actually made over billions of dollar (1.8 Billion) in world wide, since your so freaking SMART why don't you show me a movie that actually was in the theater for more then 5 months and plus made the incomes over billions. Shit, talk is cheap man.
    Last edited by Wild-Fire; 06-29-07 at 12:58 PM.
    PLA

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I like to munch on snacks while watching the movie. Outside food isn't allowed so if I buy from anywhere but the concession stand, I'd have to somehow hide the food and smuggle them in, hehe. I usually buy nachos or hotdog bread. With a Pepsi or some other drink to go along.

Stop acting so big-headed, will you? I don't know what's happened to you because your recent posts just sounds so conceited, arrogant, and even offensive.

Not everyone will think of or even care to checking up world records. If you disapprove of what people are saying or have something better to add on, do so nicely.
    HEY HE'S THE ONE GIVING FALSE INFORMATION AND ASTROMENA WAS BEING RACIST!!!!!!

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

what the hell sarakoth? where is the need of those exclamation marks and angry posts?.....so yeah, you think Wild-Fire gave a false information, but there are a million ways to say it without having all of those. there's definitely no need to shout like that....there's no reason to.

oh yeah, you can always prove him wrong if youre that concerned with supported information....go dig up the Guinness Book of Records if you like....we wont go anywhere.....

and that reply to Guo Xiang is totally uncalled for

back on topic, i buy popcorn and drinks from the concession counter. when i went to watch F4:Rise of Silver Surfer there's this family who brought dried cuttlefish into the theatre. it had this really strong smell but thankfully i had no problem with that. but my friends were squirming in their seats trying to avoid the stench. there are reasons why they wont allow outside food....and disturbing other customers with the smell is, i assume, one of it......

as for the longest running movie..... never paid that much attention to it
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 06-30-07 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post

and that reply to Guo Xiang is totally uncalled for
    Awww! Thank you, Ghostie!

back on topic, i buy popcorn and drinks from the concession counter. when i went to watch F4:Rise of Silver Surfer there's this family who brought dried cuttlefish into the theatre. it had this really strong smell but thankfully i had no problem with that. but my friends were squirming in their seats trying to avoid the stench. there are reasons why they wont allow outside food....and disturbing other customers with the smell is, i assume, one of it......

as for the longest running movie..... never paid that much attention to it
    What's wrong with cuttlefish? I love the smell of cuttlefish!

Awww! Thank you, Ghostie!
    youre welcome

What's wrong with cuttlefish? I love the smell of cuttlefish!
    of course it's wrong, well, unless they let me have a taste of it too

nah, i have no problem, but at certain point when youre absorbed into the movie and they start opening the plastics again, oh man, that wave of salty + fishy smell....it just distracts me....but not so much as my friends....they were practically cowering into their seats trying to avoid the smell... it was so funny!
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 07-01-07 at 12:08 AM.

youre welcome

of course it's wrong, well, unless they let me have a taste of it too

nah, i have no problem, but at certain point when youre absorbed into the movie and they start opening the plastics again, oh man, that wave of salty + fishy smell....it just distracts me....but not so much as my friends....they were practically cowering into their seats trying to avoid the smell... it was so funny!
    Those scaredy-cats! But then I wouldn't want to be in their position either... it just makes me want to eat!

But yeah, outside food's not allowed, which is quite a damper. Sometimes we just prefer to eat something that the concession stands doesn't sell.

But yeah, outside food's not allowed, which is quite a damper. Sometimes we just prefer to eat something that the concession stands doesn't sell.
    yeah, and lets not even start on the price they put on those that they actually sell.... but i cant help myself from spending money on food so there you go....

yeah, and lets not even start on the price they put on those that they actually sell.... but i cant help myself from spending money on food so there you go....
    Your my hero Ghost

A good ways to get food is steal other people's food when they go to restroom..hehe
    PLA

Your my hero Ghost
    haha, fire and ghost, now isnt that a good pair?

A good ways to get food is steal other people's food when they go to restroom..hehe
    whoa, where do you live buddy? nah, nvm, i never go to restroom when im in the theatre anyway, so no way youre stealing my food

gotta respect people who's speaking from experience

haha, fire and ghost, now isnt that a good pair?

whoa, where do you live buddy? nah, nvm, i never go to restroom when im in the theatre anyway, so no way youre stealing my food

gotta respect people who's speaking from experience
    Damn..next time I will drop a pill in your drink and then your sure to go to restroom...hehehhehee
    PLA

HEY HE'S THE ONE GIVING FALSE INFORMATION AND ASTROMENA WAS BEING RACIST!!!!!!
    For goodness' sake, get a grip, man. This is a forum for discussing entertainment and human interests; it's not a grand jury or testimony to Congress.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

lol, the keyword for this is "DEMAND", if there are like 3 persons in attendance then logically it will be replace by other movies. If its still attract hundreds of viewers then it is stupid to pulled it from the cinemas unless it is a smaller cineplex (1-3 halls) so there will be a priority to show new film where older film will be pulled out from screening.

One thing to bear in mind is that we have something today that didn't exist as recently as twenty-five years ago: home video. We live in an age where media companies expect to recruit most of their revenue from a feature film production from sales and rentals of DVDs (or through contracts with cable and broadcast companies). The cinema run these days is more like an extended promo tour for the video release...with any revenue earned from that run just icing on the cake.

That's an entirely different industry model than the pre-1980s one, which was all about box office receipts.