21. You may not vote on this poll
  • i like/want the iphone

8 38.10%
  • i dont like/want the iphone

13 61.90%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124 View Post
    Like the iPod, i think the iPhone is overated. Honestly, whats so good about apple stuff? I can get an MP3 instead of an iPod for maybe half the price! And I could get a cellphone for maybe 1/4 of the price of an iPhone.
    it plays vid + a touch screen, the dam thing is quite nice, if they stick a PDA in there i think it'll be the ultimate item for this + next year. However 600 + 2 years contract is like no no, i got my razor V3 free and i had to sign a 2 year contract, now everytime people talk about contract i almost faint, it's bull shit.

I was wondering, if iphone works with touch screen and stuff, wouldn't that be an inconvenience when talking on the phone? I mean a person's cheek could rub against the screen and end up doing something with the phone while talking? How does it work?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I was wondering, if iphone works with touch screen and stuff, wouldn't that be an inconvenience when talking on the phone? I mean a person's cheek could rub against the screen and end up doing something with the phone while talking? How does it work?
    if it's anything like palm treo or dopods it won't happen much. My workphone is a dopod and it's mostly good other than windows mobile 5 being a crap operating system. The touch screen on those are indented so your face shouldn't touch the screen unless you're puffing your cheeks out or you have a protruding cheek/upper bone.

I reckon pdaphones is going to be the way of the future. I'll probably recommend them when windows mobile 7 comes out because windows mobile 5 is a really buggy operating system and it'll probably take a few years for microsoft to get it right. Unless apple come out with a macPhone that can do what windows mobile can do minus the bugs and memory leaks, then I'd recommend that instead.

So what do you think of the new iPhone (http://www.apple.com/iphone/) ?
    The key features are, it works with 3G and MS Exchange. The latter will appeal to the enterprise market.

When it comes to Apple products, I try to steer clear of them. But the iPhone 2.0 is quite impressive.

3g iphone SUCK compare to the other phones that are coming out within this year....2 mega pix??? get me a freaking BREAK! no video conference?? what the point of 3g if no video conference!!! no stero bluetooth?? no MMS?? $199 but increase $10 in data plan??? so an extra $200 off isn't "great" deal when u add up the total and do the math in 2 years.....if i knew the 3g iphone this suck, i would've gotten the 1st iphone and unlocked......now i have to wait until mid-september for the xperia x1, which have all the feature that would go alone with the 3g data plan....

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing View Post
    3g iphone SUCK compare to the other phones that are coming out within this year....2 mega pix??? get me a freaking BREAK! no video conference?? what the point of 3g if no video conference!!! no stero bluetooth?? no MMS?? $199 but increase $10 in data plan??? so an extra $200 off isn't "great" deal when u add up the total and do the math in 2 years.....if i knew the 3g iphone this suck, i would've gotten the 1st iphone and unlocked......now i have to wait until mid-september for the xperia x1, which have all the feature that would go alone with the 3g data plan....
    you raised some valid points.
    my main attraction to 3G is the fast data speed for internet applications. i dont know that many people who uses video conferencing, or have bluetooth headset. MMS will become obsolete IMO. why MMS when u can send email attachments?

i'm impressed with the iPhone but not to the point i'd rush out and buy one. SE Xperia X1 sounds like a great smartphone. I'm glad SonyEriccson finally decides to support Windows Mobile. You can do more with WM than Symbion OS.

the Samsung i900 is a piece of beauty......i'm going to get either i900 or X1....3g iphone can kiss my ***...well, i would buy the 3g iphone if they don't require a data plan...i can use as itouch and a phone....since itouch is like 299 already...

the Samsung i900 is a piece of beauty......i'm going to get either i900 or X1....3g iphone can kiss my ***...well, i would buy the 3g iphone if they don't require a data plan...i can use as itouch and a phone....since itouch is like 299 already...
    Skyking get the iphone...you can brag how big your e-peen is

I think SonyEriccson needs to crank up their X1 product. I know a lot of my friends waiting for the X1..but almost every week some smartphones are released or announced (eg HTC Diamond is very very tempting!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by u4ria View Post
    Skyking get the iphone...you can brag how big your e-peen is

I think SonyEriccson needs to crank up their X1 product. I know a lot of my friends waiting for the X1..but almost every week some smartphones are released or announced (eg HTC Diamond is very very tempting!!!)
    Diamond seem ok to me....not as interesting as X1 or i900....like i say..if i don't need to purchase the data plan with the iphone, then i'll get one since i'm up for an upgrade.

Diamond seem ok to me....not as interesting as X1 or i900....like i say..if i don't need to purchase the data plan with the iphone, then i'll get one since i'm up for an upgrade.
    im holding out for the X1 this time... the last time i waited for a phone, i ended up ditching it becos the wait was too long LOL... in the meantime, i get by with works blackberry pearl (not a bad phone btw).

Quote Originally Posted by u4ria View Post
    im holding out for the X1 this time... the last time i waited for a phone, i ended up ditching it becos the wait was too long LOL... in the meantime, i get by with works blackberry pearl (not a bad phone btw).
    i used the blackberry pearl for a few days but didn't really like it...so traded for SE W580i...not the greatest but still good enough....waitin for a better phone this year

I would like to have an iPhone, provided I get it for FREE & with no hassle.
    If I have to pay for it then the answer is still YES, I would like to have it,
    but NO, I would not get it.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I would like to have an iPhone, provided I get it for FREE & with no hassle.
    If I have to pay for it then the answer is still YES, I would like to have it,
    but NO, I would not get it.
    even if the phone is free....u have to sign up 2 years for the data plan.....

i can pay for 199 o 299 for the iphone but am not paying $30 for the data plan each month.....i got wifi at school and home....no need for data plan...

any moron, i mean fanboy going to line up for the iphone now o later 2day? lol.....

man, i can't believe myself that i'm gettin an iphone later this month...(if they tell me when i900 coming at the middle of August, if not, then screw i900 and X1)

Way to go, calling yourself a moron.....I mean, fanboy.

I had a customer of mine who works for Apple and he was demonstrating his own to us. It's definitely pretty and cool-looking and all, but even he's saying that the new one isn't worth getting because of the increase in the service fees. Then when I told him how I would probably never get it because I tend to have long nails and it's harder to use the touchpad with my actual fingers, he started getting offended, lol.

Every single phone I've had has always had something bad happen to it: one got lost, the other broke in half, and the latest one vibrated into the sink full of water. I know it wouldn't be a smart thing to spend a few hundred bucks on something that's not going to last.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post

I had a customer of mine who works for Apple and he was demonstrating his own to us. It's definitely pretty and cool-looking and all, but even he's saying that the new one isn't worth getting because of the increase in the service fees. Then when I told him how I would probably never get it because I tend to have long nails and it's harder to use the touchpad with my actual fingers, he started getting offended, lol.

Every single phone I've had has always had something bad happen to it: one got lost, the other broke in half, and the latest one vibrated into the sink full of water. I know it wouldn't be a smart thing to spend a few hundred bucks on something that's not going to last.
    i call those moron because they stand in line for the phone....while i just go get it when they have more in stock at att store...it's a BIG different.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124 View Post
    Like the iPod, i think the iPhone is overated. Honestly, whats so good about apple stuff? I can get an MP3 instead of an iPod for maybe half the price! And I could get a cellphone for maybe 1/4 of the price of an iPhone.
    iPods are definitely overrated. I hate it how there's no drag and drop function like every normal mp3 player out there. iTunes bugs me.

Whenever people see my mp3 player, it's always the same reaction.

People: Oh, is that an iPod you have there?

Me: No, it's an iRiver.

People: An i what?

Me: iRiver.

People: Ooohhh.......cool. I never knew Apple came out with such product.

Me: Me neither....... *rolls eyes*

i call those moron because they stand in line for the phone....while i just go get it when they have more in stock at att store...it's a BIG different.
    Why are you getting it though? Weren't you completely bashing it a few posts ago? Hay la` gia`u wa' roi hong ca^`n tie^`n nua?

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post

i don't know if i he know this or not but this 3g iphone, discount apply to it......i got discount from work but it didn't apply to the 1st iphone, this time, it did....so i plan to get one....plus my credit card also give me discount on my phone bill....so i'll just pay the same price as i'm right now but with internet